Kage level ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yungz22
So far in naruto we have seen a plethora of insanely strong ninja

which ninja do you think are Kage level

Demonic Phoenix
To save myself time, I'm just going to copypasta the tier listing Q99 and others have worked on, and give a cutoff point.

SS-
Nagato (Pain)

S+
Itachi Uchiha
Killerbee
Kushina Uzumaki
Madara Uchiha (Sharingan only)
Minato Namikaze
Muu
Onoki

S
A (Raikage)
Danzo (with implant jutsu)
Deidara
Gaara (Kage)
Hiruzen Sarutobi (Old)
Jiraiya
Kakashi Hatake (Mastered Kamui)
Kakuzu
Kisame Hoshigaki (with Samehada)
Konan*
Mei Terumi
Naruto Uzumaki (Sage Mode)
Orochimaru*
Sasori
Sasuke Uchiha (Orochimaru merge/mangekyo)
Tsunade

S-
Chiyo
Danzo (without implant jutsu)
Darui
Ginkaku
Hidan
Kabuto* (Orochimaru merge)
Kakashi Hatake (start of part 2)
Kimimaro Kaguya (healthy)
Kinkaku
Kisame Hoshigaki (without Samehada)
Mifune
Might Gai (part 2)
Sasuke Uchiha (start of part 2)

IMO, the cutoff point is somewhere in the S- level.

Mighty Gai (Part 2) *
Darui
Kabuto (Orochimaru Merge) **
Danzou (w/o Wood & Sharingan techs)
Kimimaro Kaguya (Healthy)
Sasuke Uchiha (Start of Part 2)
Kakashi Hatake (Start of Part 2)
Hidan

These people are all High-Jonin level IMO, or at least somewhere between High-Jonin & Kage.

* Gai has a technique that lets him easily reach Kage-Level (Gates), but it's situational. 7 Gates is a double-edged sword, but 6 Gates isn't as detrimental, provided it is used for a short time.

** Kabuto has Edo Tensei, and by far the Largest Summon in the series. His actual skills are nearly unknown, but he likely has access to most, if not all, of Orochimaru's techs. Then there are his own unique skills as well. So I dunno.

yungz22
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
To save myself time, I'm just going to copypasta the tier listing Q99 and others have worked on, and give a cutoff point.

SS-
Nagato (Pain)

S+
Itachi Uchiha
Killerbee
Kushina Uzumaki
Madara Uchiha (Sharingan only)
Minato Namikaze
Muu
Onoki

S
A (Raikage)
Danzo (with implant jutsu)
Deidara
Gaara (Kage)
Hiruzen Sarutobi (Old)
Jiraiya
Kakashi Hatake (Mastered Kamui)
Kakuzu
Kisame Hoshigaki (with Samehada)
Konan*
Mei Terumi
Naruto Uzumaki (Sage Mode)
Orochimaru*
Sasori
Sasuke Uchiha (Orochimaru merge/mangekyo)
Tsunade

S-
Chiyo
Danzo (without implant jutsu)
Darui
Ginkaku
Hidan
Kabuto* (Orochimaru merge)
Kakashi Hatake (start of part 2)
Kimimaro Kaguya (healthy)
Kinkaku
Kisame Hoshigaki (without Samehada)
Mifune
Might Gai (part 2)
Sasuke Uchiha (start of part 2)

IMO, the cutoff point is somewhere in the S- level.

Mighty Gai (Part 2) *
Darui
Kabuto (Orochimaru Merge) **
Danzou (w/o Wood & Sharingan techs)
Kimimaro Kaguya (Healthy)
Sasuke Uchiha (Start of Part 2)
Kakashi Hatake (Start of Part 2)
Hidan

These people are all High-Jonin level IMO, or at least somewhere between High-Jonin & Kage.

* Gai has a technique that lets him easily reach Kage-Level (Gates), but it's situational. 7 Gates is a double-edged sword, but 6 Gates isn't as detrimental, provided it is used for a short time.

** Kabuto has Edo Tensei, and by far the Largest Summon in the series. His actual skills are nearly unknown, but he likely has access to most, if not all, of Orochimaru's techs. Then there are his own unique skills as well. So I dunno.

so s- are the ninja who just missed it? and who is muu?

Demonic Phoenix
No, some of the S- Ninja are those that aren't Kage Level, at least in my opinion.

Muu is second Tsuchikage, and is powerful enough that among the Shinobi Forces, only Onoki was believed to be capable of fighting him. He was the only other person to have Dust-Release, and via his invisibility, was nearly undetectable, even to chakra sensors. He's also a chakra sensor, so he's pretty well-rounded and powerful.

Also, going by the fact that the Second Mizukage killed him (though we don't know the circumstances), he is likely at least S level.

NemeBro
Why is Kushina S+ level?

Being the host of the Kyuubi is not actually a reason. She has done nothing.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why is Kushina S+ level?

This same argument was going on in the actual thread. Should have been there for the unbelievable amount of Kushina wankage(bad kind).

King Kandy
I seriously doubt Kabuto is only Jonin level... it seems like he is generally above Orochimaru in every way so far.

TheAuraAngel
By the way DP, Darui is better than both those brothers. Were A to die, I could see him becoming the Raikage. =O

Q99
Why is Kushina S+ level?

How do people miss the fact that she has a physical jutsu capable of restraining the Kyuubi? Physically?

It's not exactly subtle.

If you're biju level without a biju, it speaks well of your rank, to say the least.

I expect for him to do more direct combat stuff to get that part of his rank increased, but he hasn't shown that much directly yet, even getting temporarily captured.

It may be that his support abilities like Edo Tensei are stronger than Oro, but not his combat abilities. Remember how he was talking about how useful Orochimaru's chakra from the cursed seal would be?

That said, I consider him as Kage level due to having Edo Tensei.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
By the way DP, Darui is better than both those brothers. Were A to die, I could see him becoming the Raikage. =O

Nah, if they use their Nine-Tails chakra, they become > Darui. Kinkaku was soloing the Shinobi forces by himself until cuurent gen Ino-Shika-Cho came along...

And if power was the only factor when it came to choosing the next Raikage, Bee would be the shoe-in.

Originally posted by King Kandy
I seriously doubt Kabuto is only Jonin level... it seems like he is generally above Orochimaru in every way so far.

Not general combat.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
How do people miss the fact that she has a physical jutsu capable of restraining the Kyuubi? Physically?

It's not exactly subtle.

If you're biju level without a biju, it speaks well of your rank, to say the least. Kind of like how Naruto was making the Kyuubi his *****. Or how the First Hokage made the Kyuubi his ***** (With his wood jutsus, shown grappling it). Or how Gamabunta pinned the Kyuubi, making it his *****.

One fairly strong ability does not an S+ ninja make.

Q99
Kind of like how Naruto was making the Kyuubi his *****. Or how the First Hokage made the Kyuubi his ***** (With his wood jutsus, shown grappling it). Or how Gamabunta pinned the Kyuubi, making it his *****.

One of the main reasons Naruto isn't is because his sage mode has a weakness, a vulnerable charge up time and it can run out pretty fast. Remove that and Naruto as an S+ seems pretty fitting. Give him some side abilities like sealing skills too and it'd be a shoe-in.

First Hokage's unrated, what little of the fighting we've seen him in didn't include any of his big jutsu, he might be S+ already, but if you had him host the Kyuubi in addition to his wood and other jutsu? No question, S+ easy. Maybe SS-.

Gamabunta pinned Kyuubi for a lot less time than Kushina did (heck, for just a few seconds, and complaining how he couldn't do it very long). Not really "plan on dragging it kicking and screaming inside it's old host" or 'hold it for several minutes while Minato talks about and does his plan' stuff, and that was while dying and keeping a barrier up.

So yea, in comparable circumstances, two out of three of those would get S+ too.

And master-class seal jutsu, and the jinchuuriki powers, and she set up a large barrier around Kyuubi while chaining him up, which Hiruzen didn't think could be bypassed.

I count three S-class areas there, seals, chains, and jinchuuriki.

We know some minor stuff too, like pretty good muscle strength- she stopped Kyuubi's claw from killing baby Naruto all on her own- and oodles of chakra.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
First Hokage's unrated, what little of the fighting we've seen him in didn't include any of his big jutsu, he might be S+ already, but if you had him host the Kyuubi in addition to his wood and other jutsu? No question, S+ easy. Maybe SS-.

With Kyuubi? SS, or SS- if you want to reserve SS for the Sage of the Six Paths. Very very few people have the tools to deal with a Menacing Ball. Even though it's been punked in most of its appearances, it's still the most powerful of the Bijuu.

He was also powerful enough to take control of the Kyuubi away from Madara...though Madara might have willingly relinquished control, or his time-limit ran out.

TheAuraAngel
Considering Madara lost that fight purposely and Hirashima had assistance, I see little reason to rank him so high. S+ is tops for him in my honest opinion. Also, why is the ideal of Hashirama with the Kyuubi brought up at all?

Naruto battled a weaker Kyuubi internally, had assistance, and was able to fight in a better manner than when fighting Pain. He is not deserving of the S+ rank.

Neither is his mom for that matter in my personal opinion.

Demonic Phoenix
What assistance did Hashirama have? IMO, Hashirama is S on his own, but with the Kyuubi added to his arsenal, his brute power exceeds Nagato's easily.

Also, at one point, he had a fair number of beasts under his control. If he had been able to use them all in battle, he would be hax.

TheAuraAngel
His wifu.

Q99
Considering Madara lost that fight purposely and Hirashima had assistance, I see little reason to rank him so high. S+ is tops for him in my honest opinion. Also, why is the ideal of Hashirama with the Kyuubi brought up at all?

The reason that was brought up was in order to make the situations comparable; someone with uber abilities and a Kyuubi.

Hashirama was shown able to hold the Kyuubi with wood, which is about the strongest thing we've seen him do (he may have more powerful jutsu, but we haven't seen them). From what we've seen, he's S (what's implied is S+, but we've only seen S). Throw in Kyuubi transformations and chakra on top and even what we've seen would reach S+.

If he could keep Sage mode on all the time, no recharge and no running the charge dry so fast (like Jiraiya with the elders), in addition to using the fox's tailed forms I'd say he would be.

I don't see why not. She's shown multiple S-class abilities aside from being Kyuubi host.

Chains, barriers, and seals alone would make her an S.

Being a jinchuuriki is almost always going to be enough to boost someone one sub-rank.

Demonic Phoenix
His wifu.

Hmm, Kushina's statement is worded in such a way that it could be Mito sealed the Kyuubi during the damn fight, but neither Madara nor the other legends mention Mito. mm I always assumed she just sealed it after the battle to help Hashirama with the Balance.

Also, I misread; I thought we were talking about Hashirama with the ability to control the Kyuubi, ala Madara, not as a Jinchuurikii.

Nephthys
Kind of like how Naruto was making the Kyuubi his *****. Or how the First Hokage made the Kyuubi his ***** (With his wood jutsus, shown grappling it). Or how Gamabunta pinned the Kyuubi, making it his *****.

One fairly strong ability does not an S+ ninja make.

Don't forget the time Sasuke just looked at the Kyuubi and made it his *****.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
Don't forget the time Sasuke just looked at the Kyuubi and made it his *****.

That's a bit different. There's shutting a Biju's chakra down/controlling them, and then there's physically pinning them. Sharingan can do the latter, Kushina can do the former, Wood can do both.

TheAuraAngel

Did you get Sharingan and Kushina mixed up?

Q99
Yes, yes I did.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, yes I did.

laughing

I don't know why but this made me giggle. Maybe it's cause I'm thinking of Phineas and Ferb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.