Kraven vs. Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Pre-Death Hunt Victor. 2 weeks of prep for both. Fight in the Canadian woods.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5586/1079536-kr4.jpg

vs.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/187394-12336-sabretooth.jpg

praying-mantis
kraven wins because everyone has beaten sabertooth up
iron fist-first encounter & he was blind
wolverine-constantly
storm with a staff
the black cat even got the best of him though spidey came in

marwash22
the woods + prep = win for Kraven.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by marwash22
the woods + prep = win for Kraven.

Pretty much

psycho gundam
is the flash-back stuff canon in new avengers?

sabretooth took a gunshot to the head and got up smiling soon after, and just recently let himself get hit by a vehicle to ambush the driver, both instances are far before any enhancements

JakeTheBank
I think so, though I am less than thrilled by this retcon.

Sabes did keep getting shot in the head only to come back pretty quickly, though. I'm not sure what Kraven would do to keep him down and out for long enough to constitute a win. What kind of stuff can he feasibly get with prep?

wildernesss
kraven due to the prep. all he has to do is mask his scent and that takes away victor's most useful advantage here. victor's hearing may be slightly better than kraven's though. maybe.

Mindset
They both have prep.

wildernesss
the prep benfits kraven way more. victor is a moron compared to kraven and cannot prep for prey without scent. kraven is like a ghost when hunting and produces virtually no sound. victor's best bet is night vision goggles or a heat signature device. but again, victor is kind of a moron and kraven would anticipate that and find a way to mask his heat signature and out-think/negate anything victor can think of. kraven is the better h2h fighter and we all know how he handed spiderman one of the biggest defeats (if not the biggest) ever. and spiderman is stronger and faster than creed.

marwash22
Kraven.... the hunter... in the woods... with prep. no expression

Kraven is more intelligent, has access to poisons and knows how to build traps. he wins via incapacitation.

jinzin
Sabretooth has night vision and thermo vision. no expression He doesn't need goggles. He's really damned good with prep too. He'll stomp here.

long pig
agreed. Oh, jin, have you been in the venom vs thor h2h thread? So far it's Thor winning 100 outta ten.

wildernesss
"Sabretooth has night vision and thermo vision. He doesn't need goggles. He's really damned good with prep too. He'll stomp here."

yah, victor has cat like night vision but it doesn't matter. kraven will find a way to negate this and bring his own goggles or whatever he needs. spider-man has defeated victor just by webbing his face... and kraven stomped spider-man.

praying-mantis
lets not forget IF it came down to combat kraven has enhanced human abilities kraven isnt like a normal hunter he takes the time to know his target something sabretooth dont always bother with to actually also have preptime would make it easy for kraven to win

Juk3n
Originally posted by praying-mantis
lets not forget IF it came down to combat kraven has enhanced human abilities kraven isnt like a normal hunter he takes the time to know his target something sabretooth dont always bother with to actually also have preptime would make it easy for kraven to win

And when it comes down to a h2h fight, how does Kraven put Sabretooth down again?

marwash22
it wont come down to h2h. Sabes will be at the bottom of some pit while Kraven enjoys a delicious sammich.

praying-mantis
Originally posted by Juk3n
And when it comes down to a h2h fight, how does Kraven put Sabretooth down again? sabretooth does very poorly
against foes who arent afraid of him kraven has been in the savage land with dinosaurs hes fought lions sabretooth is a bully with claws
kraven has fought spiderman and kraven has a great working knowledge of traps,how to fight in all manner of terrains he is versed in
all types of hunting weapons, and im sure his physical abilities are above human yeah hes formidable id say he could take ST naked!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven_the_Hunter

The Pict
Originally posted by jinzin
Sabretooth has night vision and thermo vision. no expression He doesn't need goggles. He's really damned good with prep too. He'll stomp here.

thumb up

Hyperion Prime
I think Kraven takes this. Creed is a dumb ass who likes to pick on little kids and women. Now Kraven vs Wolverine would be different...wolverine has a head on his shoulders and would outsmart kraven

praying-mantis
Originally posted by The Pict
thumb up

i wasnt aware kraven used/needed goggles

The Pict
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I think Kraven takes this. Creed is a dumb ass who likes to pick on little kids and women. Now Kraven vs Wolverine would be different...wolverine has a head on his shoulders and would outsmart kraven

none

Creed is one of the most cunning hunters in Marvel comics. He's....animalistic but in no way is he dumb.

praying-mantis
Originally posted by The Pict
none

Creed is one of the most cunning hunters in Marvel comics. He's....animalistic but in no way is he dumb.

i will be first to agree he is NOT dumb BUT i believe he has VERY LOW
impulse control & he likes being brutal & sadistic because he gets off on it that being said it makes him very bad in combat

and i wouldnt think hes anymore cunning than any number of "hunting"characters in marvel enhanced senses always make someone a great hunter but skills are paramount

you can read in kravens wiki description he not only knows nerves/pressure points on humans but animals as well that is saying something about how well he wants to be at what he does

like the diff between someone who buys a gun vs someone who makes them

praying-mantis
Originally posted by praying-mantis
i will be first to agree he is NOT dumb BUT i believe he has VERY LOW
impulse control & he likes being brutal & sadistic because he gets off on it that being said it makes him very bad in combat

and i wouldnt think hes anymore cunning than any number of "hunting"characters in marvel enhanced senses always make someone a great hunter but skills are paramount

you can read in kravens wiki description he not only knows nerves/pressure points on humans but animals as well that is saying something about how well he wants to be at what he does

like the diff between someone who buys a gun vs someone who makes them

i like to be the first to admit when im wrong(when i BELIEVE or find out i actually am) after reading sabretooth on wiki having been out of comicreading a bit im reversing my choice since marvel has made
creed ridiculous between having adamantium skeleton and being able to fight for days before being tired being immune to probably whatever
toxins kraven would come up with im going with creed!

creed is however suceptable to beheading unlike wolverine<i was also wrong on this point in the silver sam vs deadpool thread since marvel
says theres adamantium"connective tissues"whatever that is for the joints

Parmaniac
Sabes

jinzin
Originally posted by long pig
agreed. Oh, jin, have you been in the venom vs thor h2h thread? So far it's Thor winning 100 outta ten. Lol I thought that thread got closed down.

srankmissingnin
Sabretooth has shown the ability to stalk and ambush Wolverine without Logan (who is a better Hunter / Tracker than Kraven) being aware of his presence. Creed would dominate Kraven in almost any "hunting" scenario.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.