Ultraman vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
Forum rules.

carver9
Gladiator snaps his neck like he did Hyperion.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Forum rules. confused huh ?

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
confused huh ? They fight naked.

Simbon
Originally posted by chomperx9
confused huh ?

Don Corleone is such a powerful poster that he can suspend forum rules in his threads. In this case, though, he has deigned to let them apply.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
They fight naked. and fight takes place at PR and Bada's bachelor party

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Mindset
They fight naked.

thumb up

Prep-Man
Ultraman.

-Pr-
Ultraman; he's superior in almost every aspect, and more ruthless than Superman.

inimalist
Originally posted by Simbon
Don Corleone is such a powerful poster that he can suspend forum rules in his threads. In this case, though, he has deigned to let them apply.

I lol'd for real

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ultraman; he's superior in almost every aspect, and more ruthless than Superman.

No, just no.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
No, just no.

That's what I said to myself when I read your post.

Ultraman is superior. Stronger. Faster. More durable. Just as homicidal.

Hyperion Prime
Gladiator walks the dog with him just like he would superman

carver9
That's what I said to myself when I read your post.

Ultraman is superior. Stronger. Faster. More durable. Just as homicidal.

Lol... I was playing.

As for the rest of your post... its all wrong.

zeel
Gladiator snaps his neck like he did Hyperion.

Ultraman is a pissed off,no holds barred bloodlusted superman. Glads gets absolutly destroyed this is spite.

-Pr-
Lol... I was playing.

As for the rest of your post... its all wrong.

I wasn't.

In Bizarro world, maybe.

In this world, it's right. Denial won't help you Carver. biscuits

JakeTheBank
Lmao.

Ultraman. Spite. biscuits

iceman24567
Ultraman rips Gladz a new one

carver9
Glads feats>Ultraman. Ultraman recently got owned by Supergirl. Gladiator 7 or 8/10

carver9
I wasn't.

In Bizarro world, maybe.

In this world, it's right. Denial won't help you Carver. biscuits

Your post makes it seem like you were playing.

He isn't on Glads level at all. He doesn't have the feats Gladiator have. Gladiator is stronger, faster, more durable, and just as ruthless.

TricksterPriest
Glads feats>Ultraman. Ultraman recently got owned by Supergirl. Gladiator 7 or 8/10 When was this? Last I checked, he's dead. erm

JakeTheBank
Recent JLA arc, prior to Doomsday.

TricksterPriest
How is he back? Didn't he get vaporized by the good guys after Mandrakk converted him into a vampire?

Colossus-Big C
gladiators high end feats put him as supes equal

flown through the core of a star
destroy /move entire planets
being clocked at 300x the speed of light

its ridiculous to think superman would stomp a guy with these kind of feats

TricksterPriest
Those are average feats for Superman....... no expression

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How is he back? Didn't he get vaporized by the good guys after Mandrakk converted him into a vampire?

I honestly can't recall. I skimmed through the arc (and most of Robinson's run thus far) so the specifics are lost on me at this moment. It was pretty uninspiring.

carver9
Those are average feats for Superman....... no expression

You don't know what you are talking about.

Nihilist
Ultraman; he's superior in almost every aspect, and more ruthless than Superman. thumb up Its close to a stomp.

carver9
Originally posted by Nihilist
thumb up Its close to a stomp.

Gladiator>Supergirl and she stomped him.

Prep-Man
she did not. stop trolling.

Nihilist
Gladiator>Supergirl and she stomped him. Originally posted by Prep-Man
she did not. stop trolling.

Carver youve become a bad parody of yourself.

Prep-Man
I remember them going at it, but it wasn't a stomp.

carver9
Originally posted by Nihilist
Carver youve become a bad parody of yourself.

Just letting a lil anger get in the way. You all are seriously low balling.

As for the fight, AGAIN, if we go by FEATS... Gladiator is superior. Forgetabout the Supergirl fight, it irrelevant and Glads has lost to people as well.

Looking at feats, all physical stats... Glads is above him.

Prep-Man
You're pretty much lowballing Ultraman.

carver9
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Omg... I wasn't foreal about that and Gladiator has his loses as well (Masterson). Just forget I brought that up. I'm referring to feats... Gladiator feats are better.

Prep-Man

carver9
I give up.

celeyhyga17
I give up.

u give up at lowballing Ultraman....?

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

DIAMONDBACK-777
Spite indeed... against ultraman.. Gladiator would stomp ultraman into the ground just like he would do to superman. Ultraman would put up a better fight than superman, but still lose badly. Gladiator has a planet destroying feat under his belt.. thats something superman,captain marvel,black adam and ultraman can only dream about being able to do with strength. As for the comment about superman doing the things gladiator HAS done on adverage?? LMAO.. Superman has never in any comic book did any of those things. Funny how people claim characters can do something yet thousands of comic books say they cannot..... gladiator 10/10 with ease.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by DIAMONDBACK-777
Spite indeed... against ultraman.. Gladiator would stomp ultraman into the ground just like he would do to superman. Ultraman would put up a better fight than superman, but still lose badly. Gladiator has a planet destroying feat under his belt.. thats something superman,captain marvel,black adam and ultraman can only dream about being able to do with strength. As for the comment about superman doing the things gladiator HAS done on adverage?? LMAO.. Superman has never in any comic book did any of those things. Funny how people claim characters can do something yet thousands of comic books say they cannot..... gladiator 10/10 with ease.

http://cr.rs-clans.com/public/style_emoticons/default/StoneCold.gif

celeyhyga17

are u trickster's alter ego?!?!?!?!

Prep-Man
I give up.

No, you won't. You'll just pop up in another thread and say the same BS.

carver9

I like this guy.

carver9
No, you won't. You'll just pop up in another thread and say the same BS.

Is this Pr?

confused

I told you 3 times I was playing about Supergirl. Stop being so serious buddy.

As for the fight, Gladiator 7/10.

Prep-Man
Is this Pr?

confused

I told you 3 times I was playing about Supergirl. Stop being so serious buddy.

As for the fight, Gladiator 7/10.

I'm not serious. stick out tongue

carver9
I'm not serious. stick out tongue

Damn mad

DIAMONDBACK-777
Trick makes things up that has never happened in a comic book, but he gets support while making false claims about DC characters like superman, WW etc. You know his supporters, they rule this place in numbers. How can anyone debate for their character when you have 40 or 50 people that will vote ultraman because he reminds them of the overwanked superman??.. I dont blame carver for giving up.

carver9
Trick makes things up that has never happened in a comic book, but he gets support while making false claims about DC characters like superman, WW etc. You know his supporters, they rule this place in numbers. How can anyone debate for their character when you have 40 or 50 people that will vote ultraman because he reminds them of the overwanked superman??.. I dont blame carver for giving up.

Damn I am falling in love.

Prep-Man
Damn I am falling in love.

Then go marry him! smokin'

JakeTheBank
Lol.

Well.

I think, if anything, Trick probably polarizes a great deal of posters against him - and I think he'll probably tell you that and maybe even revel in it. *shrug*

I highly doubt we have 40-50 active members who would weigh in on this thread, much less vote for Ultraman, and even less because of "Superman wanking". Superman's treated 50/50 on this board, imo. For everyone who tries to put him on a pedestal he's not on, you'll come across people who act like he's a mid herald and every legitimate feat/win he has in comics is PIS or because of his "Super-aura".

I seriously don't get how the hell Gladiator wins 10/10 outside of "full confidence" which is a damn myth anyway the way people act like it's a freaking amp.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Jake, superman has good feats. but what makes me laugh is when i come to a forum that allows false claims to be used.. superman has never blitz at light speed, never fought at anywhere near light speed or the laughable hundreds of planet shattering punches. Yet it is allowed in a forum battle??? you cannot use cross-overs or hyperbole in a forum battle, but you can use flat out lies because hes superman who has many many fans making those false claims?? As for the full confidences thing about gladiator... Thats the guys powerset, its in comics, thats a fact... The myth is superman being soooo much stronger if hes bloodlusted.. thats a flat out lie. Superman strength does not increase because hes bloodlusted or not holding back.. yet it is used on here in forum battles.. I wonder why?

DIAMONDBACK-777
By the way jake, superman is not treated 50/50 on here. More like 90/10. I say this because of the laughable claims he gets and just by looking at some of the characters certain people think he can beat.. thanos, odin, zeus etc.

JakeTheBank
It's because of full capacity and what we have seen Superman do on panel. In comics, he doesn't speedblitz people a whole lot of the time, but he has done it. In a forum setting, such a tactic would be plausible, but probable? That's what a lot of people debate. In character, I don't see Superman speedblitzing people or severely exploiting his speed unless he's really pushed to. Planetary strength? Superman's shown that. He may not have busted a planet in the exact same manner that Glads did, but based on his feats and what Superman has done, I find it hard to believe that he's not capable of such a feat. On panel feats are good, great even, but common sense and the ability to connect the dots are important too. We've seen Superman rebuild a city in seconds using speed; would punching someone with similiar speed be impossible for him? Unlikely given his character/personality, but possible? I think so.

Fully confident Gladiator is a myth in the sense that people think he's greatly ampflied beyond normal when virtually every comic he's in that mentions his confidence being a factor is only when said confidence is being diminished. He's fully confident unless it's been shown or stated or alluded that he's not. Otherwise we have to believe (and make up) random confidence levels for Gladiator in stories he's in. And if he doesn't bust a planet or move at FTL speeds during fighting, he must be "less confident"? That's absurd.

Superman holds back a great deal as do many characters in his weight class. I don't see why a bloodlusted/non holding back Superman wouldn't be stronger based on feats and the character's history. Superman doesn't have some conspiracy group trying to make him the king of versus forums.

JakeTheBank
By the way jake, superman is not treated 50/50 on here. More like 90/10. I say this because of the laughable claims he gets and just by looking at some of the characters certain people think he can beat.. thanos, odin, zeus etc.

Lots of characters suffer from that, not just Superman. I don't know who is actively saying Superman beats Odin or Zeus without amps or plot device. Thanos is a different story as quite a few posters do believe Superman would be a threat to him. I don't agree, but I won't say it's not a rare opinion.

Odin and Zeus are superior to Thanos and I can't honestly think of who thinks Superman beats either of them besides a couple of the speed zealots, who are in a vast minority to KMC as a whole.

Philosophía
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Fully confident Gladiator is a myth in the sense that people think he's greatly ampflied beyond normal when virtually every comic he's in that mentions his confidence being a factor is only when said confidence is being diminished. He's fully confident unless it's been shown or stated or alluded that he's not. Otherwise we have to believe (and make up) random confidence levels for Gladiator in stories he's in. And if he doesn't bust a planet or move at FTL speeds during fighting, he must be "less confident"? That's absurd.

TricksterPriest

Excuse me. I feel I must interject. I don't make feats up. I will provide scans if I can find them, but I usually have to rely on respect threads and whatever I can find on the web. Rule this place in numbers? Do you know how many people hate Superman on this board? And I picked Ultraman because he's on Superman's level and indeed, he has faced Superman as an equal.

Show me when I have made up feats. If I have, I'll apologize and admit I was wrong.

Lol.

Well.

I think, if anything, Trick probably polarizes a great deal of posters against him - and I think he'll probably tell you that and maybe even revel in it. *shrug*

I highly doubt we have 40-50 active members who would weigh in on this thread, much less vote for Ultraman, and even less because of "Superman wanking". Superman's treated 50/50 on this board, imo. For everyone who tries to put him on a pedestal he's not on, you'll come across people who act like he's a mid herald and every legitimate feat/win he has in comics is PIS or because of his "Super-aura".

I seriously don't get how the hell Gladiator wins 10/10 outside of "full confidence" which is a damn myth anyway the way people act like it's a freaking amp.

For the record, I don't really debate much on here anymore. And yes, I do revel in it. thumbsupdur I actually end up picking fights with most the board at any given time. Hell, it's in my KMC yearbook entry. srug

The other thing is, Gladiator doesn't fight the same quality of opponents Superman does. I don't think he'd do nearly as well in the DCU.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Jake, gladiators powerset states that the more confident he is the stronger and more powerful he becomes, yet unlike superman, gladiator does not have writer protection... see if gladiator wins that means thor, hulk or others die in their fights. in Nearly all of his fights, hes trying to kill someone.. Writers are not going to let that happen to MAIN characters. If gladiator was the protector of earth and had to save it all the time, and thor or hulk was the killer bad guy, gladiator would fight them and win as the story goes. Superman the good guy would be different as superman the bad guy... the bad superman would get his ass handed to him by heros he should wreck.. just ask ultraman and black adam.

TricksterPriest
Writer protection? durpalm

JakeTheBank
Jake, gladiators powerset states that the more confident he is the stronger and more powerful he becomes, yet unlike superman, gladiator does not have writer protection... see if gladiator wins that means thor, hulk or others die in their fights. in Nearly all of his fights, hes trying to kill someone.. Writers are not going to let that happen to MAIN characters. If gladiator was the protector of earth and had to save it all the time, and thor or hulk was the killer bad guy, gladiator would fight them and win as the story goes. Superman the good guy would be different as superman the bad guy... the bad superman would get his ass handed to him by heros he should wreck.. just ask ultraman and black adam.

I know what his power set states. And Gladiator, by default, is always confident. His confidence is only ever brought up when it begins to wane or diminish. Otherwise, he's as confident as confident can be. It's the only thing that makes sense and supports the comics he's in. Otherwise we have to begin going through all of his appearances and determining how confident he is because he wasn't stated to be "fully confident". In which case, we have to guess - and without any basis - subscribe to him a level of confidence that the comic doesn't even hazard to imply, much less state.

Gladiator doesn't have writer protection, you're right about that. Neither does Superman. He has as much writer protection as any hero in their self title has at any given moment. Gladiator couldn't kill Thor or Hulk because he was too weak or simply unable to do so, not because of plot purposes. Gladiator even admitted that Thor was "too powerful" for him. Based on the fight and their feats, I'll take his word on it. Trying to act like plot device is the only thing that saved people from Kallark's wrath is pretty silly. If Marvel wanted Gladiator to kick Thor/Hulk's ass, they would have clearly shown him doing so and having the heroes beat him with plot device. But they didn't.

carver9
Diamondback is owning.

Prep-Man
He owns you, maybe. eek!

carver9
I know what his power set states. And Gladiator, by default, is always confident. His confidence is only ever brought up when it begins to wane or diminish. Otherwise, he's as confident as confident can be. It's the only thing that makes sense and supports the comics he's in. Otherwise we have to begin going through all of his appearances and determining how confident he is because he wasn't stated to be "fully confident". In which case, we have to guess - and without any basis - subscribe to him a level of confidence that the comic doesn't even hazard to imply, much less state.

Gladiator doesn't have writer protection, you're right about that. Neither does Superman. He has as much writer protection as any hero in their self title has at any given moment. Gladiator couldn't kill Thor or Hulk because he was too weak or simply unable to do so, not because of plot purposes. Gladiator even admitted that Thor was "too powerful" for him. Based on the fight and their feats, I'll take his word on it. Trying to act like plot device is the only thing that saved people from Kallark's wrath is pretty silly. If Marvel wanted Gladiator to kick Thor/Hulk's ass, they would have clearly shown him doing so and having the heroes beat him with plot device. But they didn't.

Thor and "the real" Gladiator never fought.

JakeTheBank
Thor and "the real" Gladiator never fought.

Thor just has a habit of beating down time displaced Gladiator's then.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Dude.......100 times the speed of light is easy to Flash. no He's gone billions of times faster than light speed. Ok trick... back this up without trying to use real life math. Remember this statement? Its yours.

Prep-Man
Gladiator would get his ass handed to him by a serious Thor, anyhow.

carver9
He owns you, maybe. eek!

laughing

FYI...Diamond back is a girl.

Prep-Man
shifty

I knew that.

carver9
Dude.......100 times the speed of light is easy to Flash. no He's gone billions of times faster than light speed. Ok trick... back this up without trying to use real life math. Remember this statement? Its yours.

Get em. I'm heading out but when I get back on, I would like to see what happened.

Prep-Man
laughing

FYI...Diamond back is a girl.

Liar. On his profile, it says "male".

DIAMONDBACK-777
jake, gladiator also said that he was stronger than thor when he wrecked wonderman.. would you take his word on that also?? Hulk even said gladiators face should be meat sauce but instead gladiator was taking him into space.. thors hammer beat gladiator, did thor tuck his hammer on his side and go toe to toe with gladiator? Or did he raise his hammer, blast gladiator and then hit him multiple times with his hammer. I could beat tyson with a bat but i will not do it hand to hand. As for hulk, it took gladiators own power to stun him plus the radiation bath and then hulk pounding on a weaken gladiator. Also you do know that gladiator did not even worry about hulk and even sent thor koed across the sky for 60 seconds after he kicked away the hammer.. no hammer, no win for thor.

JakeTheBank
jake, gladiator also said that he was stronger than thor when he wrecked wonderman.. would you take his word on that also?? Hulk even said gladiators face should be meat sauce but instead gladiator was taking him into space.. thors hammer beat gladiator, did thor tuck his hammer on his side and go toe to toe with gladiator? Or did he raise his hammer, blast gladiator and then hit him multiple times with his hammer. I could beat tyson with a bat but i will not do it hand to hand. As for hulk, it took gladiators own power to stun him plus the radiation bath and then hulk pounding on a weaken gladiator. Also you do know that gladiator did not even worry about hulk and even sent thor koed across the sky for 60 seconds after he kicked away the hammer.. no hammer, no win for thor.

No, because statements don't mean anything or very little unless they are backed up and supported with on panel showings. Wrecking Wonder Man doesn't make you stronger than Thor, especially when Thor is shown and stated multiple times to be vastly superior to Simon.

Trying to twist that fight into "Mjolnir beating Gladiator, not Thor" is pretty weaksauce, tbh. It's Thor's standard weapon, arguably the thing best known for him; acting like it somehow lessens Thor's victory over Gladiator because he used his signature weapon is ridiculous, no? You with a bat beating Tyson =/= Thor with Mjolnir beating Gladiator, too. Gladiator only did as well against Thor as he did because he exploited the 60 second enchantment....something which no longer applies to Thor.

Whether you like it or not or believe it's unfair or whatever, Thor w/ Mjolnir is pretty much Thor as we debate him by default. And he was shown to be able to put down Gladiator in a handful of blows once he stopped holding back.

Considering Gladiator:

-Came from the future
-Had prep
-Attacked Jake Olsen, Thor's mortal alter ego
-Endangered Mandy, Olsen's girlfriend's daughter
-Exploited a weakness which no longer exists
-Was bloodlusted

And still couldn't beat Thor, I think it's safe to say who was shown to be superior.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Also jake, if gladiator was too weak or unable to kill hulk or thor and plot had nothing to do with it?? Then that would mean that spiderman beat firelord because hes strong enough or able to without plot right? You know firelord right? the herald who has gone toe to toe with surfer and thor.

JakeTheBank
Also jake, if gladiator was too weak or unable to kill hulk or thor and plot had nothing to do with it?? Then that would mean that spiderman beat firelord because hes strong enough or able to without plot right? You know firelord right? the herald who has gone toe to toe with surfer and thor.

What?

That's the not the same thing at all.

First of all, Gladiator is in the general (note: general) level as Thor/Hulk. Spider-Man is nowhere near Firelord's level. That's just ridiculous to even compare the two.

Secondly, Thor obliterated Gladiator once he stopped holding back, whereas Gladiator was bloodlusted and expressed his intent to kill Thor the entire fight. He couldn't. Not because of plot, but because and I quote "Thor is too powerful". The fight further proved that with the actual on panel evidence. Hell, Gladiator had plot device working FOR him and still lost.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Jake, you knew thor would not be killed even if they sent Kurse and gladiator after him.. thats a story that had thor as the star. You act as if it was a surprise that thor won. Kurse is 4 times stronger than thor and had him dead to rights until power pack begged thor to move, he was going to kill beta ray bill also.. did he kill them? he had them both where he wanted them, what happened... P.L.O.T... happened. The writer will not kill them off. Thats why firelord didnt roast spiderman or how captain america lives around hulk..plot and writer protection. Thats why DC and Marvel let that crossover where storm beat wonder woman be fan voted because neither company was going to let the other deside what would happen in those fights.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Why are those fights different jake, spiderman and thor are the heros.. they will be allowed to win no matter what. Tell me what did thor stop holding back? His strength.. no... his fighting skills?... no... The power of his hammer that as on panel statement shows that Dwarfs the power of even the greatest warrior? What did asorbing man tell thor when he asorbed the hammers power?.. QUOTE.. Not even you can beat your own hammer.. Thors QUOTE.. Hes right, i now face a weapon that dwarfs the the power of the greatest warrior.. Do you think that thor could beat gladiator if gladiator was the one odin gave the hammer to and gladiator used its power against thor?

JakeTheBank
Jake, you knew thor would not be killed even if they sent Kurse and gladiator after him.. thats a story that had thor as the star. You act as if it was a surprise that thor won. Kurse is 4 times stronger than thor and had him dead to rights until power pack begged thor to move, he was going to kill beta ray bill also.. did he kill them? he had them both where he wanted them, what happened... P.L.O.T... happened. The writer will not kill them off. Thats why firelord didnt roast spiderman or how captain america lives around hulk..plot and writer protection. Thats why DC and Marvel let that crossover where storm beat wonder woman be fan voted because neither company was going to let the other deside what would happen in those fights.

erm

So every time Thor beats someone or survives an encounter it's plot related? Where do you draw the line, then? When does it become a valid feat and when is it plot related?

I trust you see this is dangerous territory to tread. Citing specific examples of PIS doesn't disqualify all of what the character has done, nor does it invalidate all feats performed by the "hero" of the story.

JakeTheBank
Why are those fights different jake, spiderman and thor are the heros.. they will be allowed to win no matter what. Tell me what did thor stop holding back? His strength.. no... his fighting skills?... no... The power of his hammer that as on panel statement shows that Dwarfs the power of even the greatest warrior? What did asorbing man tell thor when he asorbed the hammers power?.. QUOTE.. Not even you can beat your own hammer.. Thors QUOTE.. Hes right, i now face a weapon that dwarfs the the power of the greatest warrior... But goodnite for now jake.

no expression He held back his strength, obviously. Through out the entire fight he was mostly resorting to defending himself and trying to determine what the hell was wrong with Gladiator as he was out for blood. But once Gladiator's zeal inadvertantly endangered more civilian lives, Thor had had enough and promptly unleashed his anger on the guy. He clearly stated he was holding back, and given the stark difference between Thor vs. Gladiator prior to that and Thor vs. Gladiator after he made that statement, it was clear he was telling the truth.

Picking and choosing which statements/feats/encounters count is pretty much the epitome of bias, though.

DIAMONDBACK-777
The line is drawn when one character has a limit placed on them to complete a story. You know, kind of like heros hanging over a shark tank when the bad guys could simply blow their brains out? Yet good guy gets loose and win in the end. Comic books that will come out in 2012 will be the same way, no surprise, bad guy knocks hero around, hero wins and save the day, fans happy. Hulk, wonderman and herc have beaten thor hand to hand when the hammer is no issue. Classic wonderman claimed to be stronger than thor and that was backed up by akron and Captain America more than once. Even thor himself heard it from Wonderman as wonderman was beating his ass. In that same issue, hyperion destroyed classic wonderman. Gladiator destroyed both hyperion and Wonderman. So if we use what happened in a comic, then there is no need to debate at all. spiderman beats firelord, end of debate. heros win all. And thor held back his hammers power, not his strength. And you still elude my question... Can thor beat gladiator if gladiator had gotten the hammer from odin and was a master of its powers???????

JakeTheBank
The line is drawn when one character has a limit placed on them to complete a story. You know, kind of like heros hanging over a shark tank when the bad guys could simply blow their brains out? Yet good guy gets loose and win in the end. Comic books that will come out in 2012 will be the same way, no surprise, bad guy knocks hero around, hero wins and save the day, fans happy. Hulk, wonderman and herc have beaten thor hand to hand when the hammer is no issue. Classic wonderman claimed to be stronger than thor and that was backed up by akron and Captain America more than once. Even thor himself heard it from Wonderman as wonderman was beating his ass. In that same issue, hyperion destroyed classic wonderman. Gladiator destroyed both hyperion and Wonderman. So if we use what happened in a comic, then there is no need to debate at all. spiderman beats firelord, end of debate. heros win all.

I don't even know where to begin.

Thor's stalemated Hulk and Hercules in H2H before. Wonder Man isn't stronger than Thor; he's even admitted this before. Hell, a lot of Simon's insecurities come from the fact he'll always be a second stringer when compared to Thor. And when they've faced similar threats/foes, Thor virtually always looks superior to Simon. Unless you seriously think Wonder Man is stronger than Thor? Which is, well, wrong.

We use what happens in comics, yeah. I don't see how you can not. The key is to look for consistency, exclude PIS and elements of plot, and have characters fight as best as they can as far as them still being in character.

If we do that, that eliminates Spider-Man beating Firelord as a valid example of what would go down in a forum fight.

JakeTheBank
And thor held back his hammers power, not his strength. And you still elude my question... Can thor beat gladiator if gladiator had gotten the hammer from odin and was a master of its powers???????

He held back his strength of arms. He pulls his punches/strikes all the time as proven on panel multiple times. As far as your hypothetical question goes, if this is an attempt to discredit Thor via his use of Mjolnir, it's a pretty lousy attempt. No one's arguing that Thor isn't significiantly more dangerous/overall powerful with Mjolnir than without it. But trying to somehow, I don't know...lowball Thor or act like it's somehow a fault against him that he used his signature weapon to great effect on Gladiator is pretty ridiculous.

-Pr-

Stop bashing.

also, lol @ us loving Trick.

You not liking the truth doesn't make it a lie. erm

Newjak
Superman 7-8/10

Glads can take a few.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Newjak
Superman 7-8/10

Glads can take a few.

shifty

DIAMONDBACK-777
Jake, i am not trying to discredit thor. You claim that gladiator was bloodlusted, yet he helps thor save a plane full of people?? We all know gladiator cares nothing for earthlings. Thors use of his hammer has won him many fights, it will win him many more. But my question to you is answered simply by a yes or no..... Again, can thor beat gladiator if gladiator got the hammer from odin and mastered the hammers power? Also this thing about me not liking the so-called truth that dont make it a lie?.. Thats not the case, i dont accept things said that has never happened in comics. I dont care if ultraman or superman can destroy jupiter with their little finger, but if people say they could or have done so, then show it. If they never did it, then its of no use in a debate. I could say rhino could punch earth to dust all day, but when asked to prove it, i can show no scans whatsoever and it matters not that 40 people agree with me, its not valid at all. As for this battle against ultraman, gladiator win by being stronger, faster and a better fighter as shown on panel. Easy to prove by feats that he has done without question.

carver9
Liar. On his profile, it says "male".

I know this poster. I recognize the debate style.

carver9
Jake, i am not trying to discredit thor. You claim that gladiator was bloodlusted, yet he helps thor save a plane full of people?? We all know gladiator cares nothing for earthlings. Thors use of his hammer has won him many fights, it will win him many more. But my question to you is answered simply by a yes or no..... Again, can thor beat gladiator if gladiator got the hammer from odin and mastered the hammers power? Also this thing about me not liking the so-called truth that dont make it a lie?.. Thats not the case, i dont accept things said that has never happened in comics. I dont care if ultraman or superman can destroy jupiter with their little finger, but if people say they could or have done so, then show it. If they never did it, then its of no use in a debate. I could say rhino could punch earth to dust all day, but when asked to prove it, i can show no scans whatsoever and it matters not that 40 people agree with me, its not valid at all. As for this battle against ultraman, gladiator win by being stronger, faster and a better fighter as shown on panel. Easy to prove by feats that he has done without question.

Jake... you just got OWNED. Happy Dance

Diamond is relentless.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Newjak
Superman 7-8/10

Glads can take a few. Dissregarding Gladz unstable strength level I would agree thumb up

carver9
Iceman, I wish you would stop that please.

iceman24567
Iceman, I wish you would stop that please. This coming from the guy that singled out Trickster in his OP and bashed him? Please stfu

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
This coming from the guy that singled out Trickster in his OP and bashed him? Please stfu

My intention wasn't to bash Trickster... I was just messing with him. He can do the same thing if he wants, I don't care. Trickster is a good guy and I enjoy debating against him/owning him. If you took it as me bashing Tricks, my bad.

iceman24567
My intention wasn't to bash Trickster... I was just messing with him. He can do the same thing if he wants, I don't care. Trickster is a good guy and I enjoy debating against him/owning him. If you took it as me bashing Tricks, my bad. Thats great I will post my opinion and I dont care how you feel about thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thats great I will post my opinion and I dont care how you feel about thumb up

WOW

Iceman, you are trippin.

Hyperion Prime
Thor lost to Gladiator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it wasn't for Thor-Girl and the Enchantress Odin would have been preparing a funeral. WHat's wrong with people Glads kicked the hammer out of his hand and started to beat on him......not his fault he beat for the 60 seconds till he turned back into whoever the hell that was he turned into.

Colossus-Big C
Those are average feats for Superman....... no expression no expression
and your point?

JakeTheBank

No, that's exactly what you're doing by blatantly ignoring the context of the issue and trying to separate Thor from Mjolnir to try and prove some kind of inane point. If you give Gladiator Mjolnir as well as Thor's mastery of it while simultaneously removing Mjolnir from Thor, yeah, Gladiator is going to be superior.

Now, here's a question for you.

Can Gladiator beat Thor:
-Without prep?
-Without attacking his mortal alter-ego of Donald Blake/Jake Olsen
-Without endangering countless civilians and/or holding them hostage?
-Without exploiting an enchantment which no longer exists?
-Without any form of plot device working in his favor?

Hyperion Prime
No, that's exactly what you're doing by blatantly ignoring the context of the issue and trying to separate Thor from Mjolnir to try and prove some kind of inane point. If you give Gladiator Mjolnir as well as Thor's mastery of it while simultaneously removing Mjolnir from Thor, yeah, Gladiator is going to be superior.

Now, here's a question for you.

Can Gladiator beat Thor:
-Without prep?
-Without attacking his mortal alter-ego of Donald Blake/Jake Olsen
-Without endangering countless civilians and/or holding them hostage?
-Without exploiting an enchantment which no longer exists?
-Without any form of plot device working in his favor?

Dude I like you you are a good poster and you didn't ask me, but Gladiator lost to a plot device named Thor-girl and the Enchantress.

Yes Gladiator can beat Thor without prep. I think glads could get a 6/10 split just like Superman could.

Its not Glads fault that Thor turned back into Olsen...Blame Thors daddy for that cluster-fvck

It was for the greater good of endangering a few people. He jnew what Thor was going to be capable of and all civilians would be enndangered.

Once again blame odin for that. He wants his son taugh a lesson and Glads was teaching it to him.

What!!!????? a plot device worked in Thors favor...Thor girl and the enchantress

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Dude I like you you are a good poster and you didn't ask me, but Gladiator lost to a plot device named Thor-girl and the Enchantress.

Yes Gladiator can beat Thor without prep. I think glads could get a 6/10 split just like Superman could.

Its not Glads fault that Thor turned back into Olsen...Blame Thors daddy for that cluster-fvck

It was for the greater good of endangering a few people. He jnew what Thor was going to be capable of and all civilians would be enndangered.

Once again blame odin for that. He wants his son taugh a lesson and Glads was teaching it to him.

What!!!????? a plot device worked in Thors favor...Thor girl and the enchantress

No, Gladiator lost to Thor. Read the entire two issues of the fight. Gladiator arrives, intent to kill Thor, and starts things off by holding Mandy hostage and using his heat vision on an unsuspecting Jake Olsen. He then proceeds to endanger Mandy throughout the fight and only manages to get the advantage due to exploiting a rule which no longer effects Thor. While Jake Olsen was half dead, Gladiator contended with Thor Girl whom didn't even really manage to harm him until she busted out the Designate powers. Enchantress just drove Olsen to Mjolnir to enable him to transform back into Thor, again, something that wouldn't happen here as current Thor isn't effected by the enchantment. Thor finally had enough of Gladiator's recklessness and profoundly beat his ass while he stopped holding back.

Gladiator even says "Thor is too powerful!".

Face it, Gladiator has numerous advantages going into that fight and still couldn't beat Thor and he only did as good as he did because of plot device working in his favor.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Everyone on this forum will post their opinion, but its the opinions that are backed by facts that should be taken into account as with any comic book forum. baseless claims and posters whose answers are already known before they even post should not be considered as valid evidence also. I think that's the point carver was trying to make... A very good point indeed. I dont think he was bashing anyone.

Hyperion Prime
No, Gladiator lost to Thor. Read the entire two issues of the fight. Gladiator arrives, intent to kill Thor, and starts things off by holding Mandy hostage and using his heat vision on an unsuspecting Jake Olsen. He then proceeds to endanger Mandy throughout the fight and only manages to get the advantage due to exploiting a rule which no longer effects Thor. While Jake Olsen was half dead, Gladiator contended with Thor Girl whom didn't even really manage to harm him until she busted out the Designate powers. Enchantress just drove Olsen to Mjolnir to enable him to transform back into Thor, again, something that wouldn't happen here as current Thor isn't effected by the enchantment. Thor finally had enough of Gladiator's recklessness and profoundly beat his ass while he stopped holding back.

Gladiator even says "Thor is too powerful!".

Face it, Gladiator has numerous advantages going into that fight and still couldn't beat Thor and he only did as good as he did because of plot device working in his favor.

Ok to be fair I really have only read issue #35...I have only seen bits and pieces of #34. So I will go back and check it out.

Anyway the fights not cannon......uuuuuuhhhh cuz that was a Gladiator from the future big grin

No Really not cannon uhuh

The Pict

DIAMONDBACK-777
Jake, are you saying that gladiator had the advantage over what the writers intents were?.. Thor girl and enchantress helped gladiator? Bloodlusted gladiator hit thor with the same kind of punch he directed at cannonball? He could not hit a human with his heat vision?? He just stood there as thor flew across the sky for 60 seconds while thor was helpless, yet he was trying to kill thor????. For all of those so-called advantages gladiator " had? "... Thor sure did benefit from them.. Gladiator can beat thor, but he cannot beat the story.

DIAMONDBACK-777
Jake, since you want questions answered... answer these. What happened to thor when hulk told him to fight him without the hammer? What happened to thor when superman took the hammer out of play? What was happening to thor when his hammer was in a sphere when he was fighting hyperion, what was happening to thor when naferia stopped thors hammer?.. What did thor say about naferia lifting that building he threw on thor? How did thor get disqualified when he was getting his ass beat by a non-power gem champion? What was wonderman doing to thor when grandmaster captured death? How does thor win 90% of his fights?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.