ANH Obi-Wan Vs Darth Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
Who wins here?

1.Sabers
2.Force
3.All out

ares834
1. Obi-Wan
2. LOL Obi-Wan stomps
3. Obi-Wan

Zampanó
no expression

ares834
Indeed, Obi-I-am-more-powerful-than-you-can possibly-imagine-Wan stomps this thread. Only Bandon can defeat him.

truejedi
shut up. revan can too.

Zampanó
This is silly. Obi-Wan had, by the events of ANH, been reduced to scrounging in the desert and skirting the attention of the local tribe of Sand People. He is not shown to have developed his mastery of the Force to any great extent, merely distracting the guards aboard the Death Star rather than performing any sort of Jedi Mind Trick, and even the technique he learned from Jinn is not shown to be applicable in a combat setting. Moreover, his brief duel with Vader leaves him desperate and winded, a far cry from the other examples of aged duelists in the mythos (Dooku, anyone?).

Moreover, N. is among the most powerful iterations of The Revan yet explored. He is shown to operate on a planetary scale, and his telekinesis is legendary. Even the little we know of N.'s combat style is absolutely extraordinary; he uses the Force in the midst of combat more than literally any other character in the Mythos, including Darth Mindrape Tentacles Zannah and Count Force Crush Dooku.

Even for uncontrollable silliness, this is too much. N. demon demolishes the old man.

RagingBoner

ares834

RagingBoner
Originally posted by ares834
Quick question. Where do you get this from?

I'm thinking he made it upI asked him the very same thing. We shall soon see.

Zampanó
I didn't see your question in the other thread, I'll try to hit it tonight, but no promises.

Source: KotOR II. The TK feat has been argued before, you were reduced to antigravity guns, and then you skirted the topic for a while. I don't really want to get into it.

Source: KotOR II. The cutscenes during the N. fight are entirely canon. Lucky me. It is a canon fact that N. stuns the entire party.

truejedi
he does, but it only happens once... why do you say he uses the force in combat more than Dooku? That's not true. In AOTC alone, Dooku hits Anakin with lightning, throws Kenobi, and Then later Anakin across the room, attacks Yoda with lightning, throws a ceiling at Yoda, drops a pillar on Kenobi.

In ROTS, Dooku Force chokes, and then force kicks Kenobi. that doesn't even begin to count the EU.

Zannah is also described as using the force in combat in every single instance where she fights. (i don't remember her opponents names, but she definitly uses the force every time.)

RagingBoner

truejedi
and you said more than any other fighter in the mythos? That doesn't make any sense. think about the number of times Luke has used the force in combat.... we have only seen literally 2 fights from N. 2. Your claim is a terrible, untenable position.

RagingBoner
Originally posted by truejedi
Your claim is a terrible, untenable position.

That would be the result of the aforementioned crush. Our resident boy genius is currently experiencing his first taste of Constant Teenage Erotic Stimulation.

edit: Before you get mad, know that I'm possibly joking.

Lord Lucien
What's with the use of the word "eldritch" all of a sudden?

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What's with the use of the word "eldritch" all of a sudden?

TVTropes or Captain Barbossa in At World's End.

Zampanó
love

Source: KotOR II: The Sith Lords
Better? stick out tongue

that's all your getting tonight.

edit: Whereas I taught your mom all about teenage erotic stimulation last night

truejedi
ok, if you can show me more than 10 instances of N using the force in combat in KOTOR II, the Sith Lords, then I won't even try to match you, though Luke has many many more. My level of laziness allows me only to match 10. I can think of only 2 instances of N using the force in combat.

Lord Lucien
He used Drain. The deleted scene had him using Lightning.

That's about it. I've always wondered why they spoke about Nihilus pulling capital ships out of a massive gravity well and he didn't use a single telekinetic attack in combat. I think the writers realized that they'd built him up so much through Kreia, Visas, and Tobin and when it came time to actually confront him they realized: "Oh shit, he should hand them their asses. Let's not do anything and hope no one notices."

NowYouRemember

That's about it. I've always wondered why they spoke about Nihilus pulling capital ships out of a massive gravity well and he didn't use a single telekinetic attack in combat. I think the writers realized that they'd built him up so much through Kreia, Visas, and Tobin and when it came time to actually confront him they realized: "Oh shit, he should hand them their asses. Let's not do anything and hope no one notices."

Nihilus tried to feed on them first, because it's a compulsion, and then was very weak.

Simple. wink

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by NowYouRemember
Nihilus tried to feed on them first, because it's a compulsion, and then was very weak.

Simple. wink You'll make any excuse you can for him, huh?

Nephthys

Thats.... exactly what happened. He did casually pwn the party before they even fought. He did hand them their asses. Then he got weakened by draining the Exile, then he was still too powerful for them, so Visas had to do force-bond shenanigans to weaken him further.

Lord Lucien
Where did all the instant planet-busting go? Where did the Vader-style telekinesis go? He stunned the Exile, exchanged some pleasantries, then tried to Drain her. Then the party stopped him with some half-assed "Give me a second to discuss trying to interrupt YOUR POWAH! with my blind chick". Then he died.

Where did the capital ship-sized TK awesomeness go? He did bugger all in that fight.

Nephthys
He was immensely weakened by trying to drain the Exile. Plus its a Bioware RPG. Not God of War or TFU. No quick-time event awesomeness to show-case characters power in battle, just 'use force speed, flurry attack to win'.

Lord Lucien
Which is gay. That confrontation was disappointing.

And after playing through the game again, I didn't once hear anyone actually call Nihilus by his name. You only find he's called that when the cursor goes over him.

Nephthys
Don't forget the loading screens.

Lord Lucien
They only started occurring for me after the encounter. But still, I don't think anyone ever actually says his name.

Pyron_Knight

axel_jovan
Nice thread.

Obi-Wan stomps. No contest.

ares834

Yeah, I always hated that. You hear about this Sith Lord blowing up planets and juggling stars and when you finally fight him you completley destroy him. No special abilties, no uniqueness at all, just another random Sith Lord but even easier.

SIDIOUS 66

Nephthys
True, gameplay in Kotor 2 was pretty much broken. Any decently put together character can solo the entire game fairly easily. Though imo it's strengths in terms of story and characters make up for that lacking.

Well its true, so whether it seems right doesn't really matter.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well its true, so whether it seems right doesn't really matter.
I'd say it matters.

Evidently N. is unrivaled in his ability to feed on planet's life, but in combat situation he sucks big time.

truejedi
How many kills are necessary to beat KOTOR 2? I mean, how many people must die in order to win? Nihilus, Sion, Kreia. Any other "Must kills"?

Nephthys
Jesus, whats with the attempts to downplay N.? The guy had to be triply weakened for you to even stand a chance of beating him. Just because he doesn't do anything flashy in combat doesn't make him weak. Sidious barely did anything flashy in combat either and he's held up as the one of the 3 greatest combatants in SW.

The Exile has canonally killed 'hundreds'.

RagingBoner
Sidious barely did anything flashy in combat either and he's held up as the one of the 3 greatest combatants in SW.

ORLY?

Source?

Nephthys
Originally posted by RagingBoner
ORLY?

Source?

As far as I can remember the flashiest thing he's done in combat is Force Lightning. Yay.

'You must have noticed as you fought across all these planets, killing hundreds - only to become more and more powerful. Why do you think that was? '

RagingBoner
As far as I can remember the flashiest thing he's done in combat is Force Lightning. Yay.

As far as you can remember?

Is this a source?

Nephthys
As far as you can remember?

Is this a source?

Did I ****ing stutter? Thats what I said, biatch!

It was a direct quote. Source was one of the Jedi Masters when you confront them. I think it was the beardy one.

RagingBoner
I expect the exact source at the end of business. Because it sounds like obvious hyperbole to me.

Nephthys
Don't make me look up his name. Trying to type it gives me a headache. It's the one who was on Nar Shadaar.

truejedi
has a Q in it. i remember that much. Big bearded mustache guy.

Slash_KMC

Have you even watched "Revenge of the Sith"? You know, the G-Canon movie, unlike the C-Canon game...

Nephthys
The senate pod thing was hardly flashy.

Slash_KMC
The senate pod thing was hardly flashy.

Killing three Jedi Masters in a flash was quite flashy. Also, going head to head and even winning against the most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever seen, I'd call quite flashy.

Nephthys
The jedi masters fight was not flashy, becuase he did not kill them in a flash, he did a gay twirl at them whilst screaming like a lobotomised ape. They then preceded to stand there while he stabbed them. Lame fight is lame.

Good feat-wise does not = flashy. Being so far above the Exile thats she is but an ant to him is good feat-wise, but LL and co are still bitching about how lame the fight was. The fight itself unimpressive next to other EU stuff.

Slash_KMC
The jedi masters fight was not flashy, becuase he did not kill them in a flash, he did a gay twirl at them whilst screaming like a lobotomised ape. They then preceded to stand there while he stabbed them. Lame fight is lame.

Good feat-wise does not = flashy. Being so far above the Exile thats she is but an ant to him is good feat-wise, but LL and co are still bitching about how lame the fight was. The fight itself unimpressive next to other EU stuff.

Ehm, mister Exodus, I think you're missing the point of flashy fights, which you initially brought up.

Nephthys
Yes, to explain why Nihilus didn't ever start telekinetically vaporise everyone and throw planets at the party. As I said, neither does Sidious, even though he can tear the surfaces off worlds and mind-rape millions. Doing gay spins and thowing pods at peopel hardly qualifies as 'flashy' in those terms.

RagingBoner
Yes, to explain why Nihilus didn't ever start telekinetically vaporise everyone and throw planets at the party. As I said, neither does Sidious, even though he can tear the surfaces off worlds and mind-rape millions. Doing gay spins and thowing pods at peopel hardly qualifies as 'flashy' in those terms.

Your jealousy regarding N.'s inferiority to His Imperial Majesty is most unsettling.

Nephthys
I tend to have that effect on people.

RagingBoner
I tend to have that effect on people.

It's weird.

Nephthys
I think its my raw sexuality. It can be a little intense for most people.

RagingBoner
I think its my raw sexuality. It can be a little intense for most people.

I'm referring to your preference for N., who does little more than stand around in a mask and speak nonsense. My retarded five-year-old nephew can do that too.

Nephthys
But can he love?

RagingBoner
But can he love?

I'm his favorite person in existence, so... yes?

Nephthys
Silly rabbit, love is for people.

RagingBoner
Silly rabbit, love is for people.

You share!

Anyway, why are the legions of N.'s worshipers afraid to explain the source of their crush? I demand a discussion-worthy explanation.

Nephthys
Hes just soooooooo cooooooool! The mask, the cape, the huge, throbbing power-levels! Soooooooo cooooooool!

Plus he actually is as powerful as we say he is. We're not just making this stuff up because we like the character. Though nowyouremembers claims are pretty much unprovable and have a lot of problems with them.

RagingBoner
Hes just soooooooo cooooooool! The mask, the cape, the gargantuan power-levels! Soooooooo cooooooool!

Alas, he's lacking the components that make a great character. And I'm not insulting him, just making an observation. Great presence, great plot device, but he's just not a compelling character.

I agree, he's one of the more powerful Sith. Just not as powerful as someone.

RagingBoner
WTF

Nephthys
Alas, he's lacking the components that make a great character. And I'm not insulting him, just making an observation. Great presence, great plot device, but he's just not a compelling character.

Sheer coolness factor can add alot to an essentially flat character. Look at Maul.

What has two thumbs and doesn't care? Bob Kelso.

FTW

RagingBoner
Bob Kelso might not, but you do care. It's so very apparent from your posts on the subject. It torments you that Palpatine is smarter, more powerful, and far more important to George Lucas, LucasFilm, and the general public, not to mention the story itself. Why? Can't N. still be cool regardless of all that?

Nephthys
Oh the torments! You're breaking me apart Palpatine!

laughing

RagingBoner
Oh the torments! You're breaking me apart Palpatine!

laughing

Laugh as much as you like. But I've seen how far the desperation has driven you and my favorite Ginger.

Nephthys
laughing

laughing

laughing

laughing

laughing

laughing

laughing

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/301673-Yoshi%20Penguin/673/19/laugh.gif

lol

Lord Lucien
I expect the exact source at the end of business. Because it sounds like obvious hyperbole to me. Zez-Kai Ell said it:

"You must have noticed as you fought across all these planets, killing hundreds - only to become more and more powerful. Why do you think that was?"

I think that's some tongue-in-cheek remark about the game's XP system.

RagingBoner
Zez-Kai Ell said it:

"You must have noticed as you fought across all these planets, killing hundreds - only to become more and more powerful. Why do you think that was?"

I think that's some tongue-in-cheek remark about the game's XP system.

Thanks, L.

Now that the quote has been properly sourced, I think it's safe to say:

truejedi
yeah, cause count everyone that you CAN kill, and you still won't have killed hundreds. I asked for a minimum kill, but a maximum kill number won't be 200.

Nephthys
Yeah, Kotor 2's meta as shit about that stuff.

Zampanó
Originally posted by truejedi
yeah, cause count everyone that you CAN kill, and you still won't have killed hundreds. I asked for a minimum kill, but a maximum kill number won't be 200.
I am absolutely sure that I killed more than 200 enemies in that game.

Think about G0-T0's yacht. There are at least 15 bounty hunters on that ship alone. Add another 30 at least for the gass bar you fight through. And that half an hour on Nar Shadaa is pretty typical for the game's action sequences. Gosh, there must have been 50 Sith in the Malachor academy alone. (MASTER FORCE SPEED, MASTER RAPID SHOT)
edit: i'll explain N. the narrative tomorrow between the hours of 4:30 and 6:00 (central) or sometime after 10 (central). Hopefully.

truejedi
true. but what if you went to nar shaddaa and met him first? So it isn't guaranteed that you kill hundrerds.

Master Speed, Mixed with Double Bladed Lightsaber on flurry. You get 5 attacks per turn. Untouchable by all enemies.

Lord Lucien
In no particluar order, there are a number of instances where combat is forced on you, and you can't proceed until you've killed someone that no random NPC can do for you. These are all initiated via cutscene:

You "have" to kill several dozen Sith troopers as you leave Paragus.
The fake Batu Ram.
The twin Twi'lek bounty hunters.
The crew of the crashed Duros ships.
Three Dark Jedi Masters in Freedon Nadd's tomb.
The drexl in the Iziz Palace.
About a dozen Vaklu supporters when you crash the Basilisk in the city.
Another Dark Jedi Master in the streets.
Like four more Vaklu supporters in the Cantina.
The giant Storm Beast on Malachor.
About a dozen mercenaries on Telos' surface.
5-6 mercenaries as you exit the Kinrath caves (assuming Light Side canon choice).
About 5 salvagers as you exit the Jedi Enclave Ruins.

Nothing mandatory approaches the "hundreds" mark, but if you do away with the "maybe the Exile and her party Sneaked everywhere they went" argument, then the number is definitely in the hundreds.

truejedi
nice info LL.

Nephthys
You forgot about the Traya Academy sith. IIRC you can't sneak past them.

Lord Lucien
I've never tried. No cutscene forces you in to combat with them, but if your Stealth and Awareness is maxed out, maybe you can. But hopefully not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.