Marvel's Best Orators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Who in Marvel counts as the best orators or "talkers"? Consider the follow aspects, but by no means limit yourselves to them:

-Inspiration
-Intimidation
-Boasting
-Eloquence
-Wit

Mindset
Doom

JakeTheBank
I do agree he's in the top three for me. He delivers some of the best lines of dialogue in comicdom history.

TricksterPriest
Doom does deliver a good speech.

I'll throw up Galactus. Yeah, there's a large cosmic awareness factor, and intimidation, but it's easy to get awed as well.

Endless Mike
Black Bolt evil face

praying-mantis
captain america has to be among the top when he speaks everyone listens i think only the red skull would heckle him

Nihilist
Thanos
Doom

Hyperion Prime
Captain America
Doom
Hawkeye
The Thing
Hercules
Thor

Galan007
Namor.

axelraptor
Originally posted by praying-mantis
captain america has to be among the top when he speaks everyone listens i think only the red skull would heckle him

i think the brick would disagree. check fear itself

Lord Feron
Captain
Doom
Magneto
Xavier

Existere
Depends what you mean, really.

For orator, I'd nominate Thor

For 'talker', I'd nominate maybe Emma Frost.

Also everybody else that's already been mentioned.

Magneto and Chuck without much competition.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Who in Marvel counts as the best orators or "talkers"? Consider the follow aspects, but by no means limit yourselves to them:

-Inspiration
-Intimidation
-Boasting
-Eloquence
-Wit

Captain America
Doctor Doom
Odin
Beast
Spider Man

CosmicComet
Either Juggernaut or Rhino.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Either Juggernaut or Rhino.

or savage Hulk

"Hulk SMASH"

Harbinger
No love for Apoc?

Originally posted by Harbinger
No love for Apoc? his speeches are boring. gloating making hreats posing as some ancinet evil blah doom also suffers from this, he sounds pedantic and affected a lot of the time

the two guys that have inspired people the most with their rhetoric are, IMO, mags and chuck. Cable has done ok too.

Uriel005
Cap, Doom, Mephisto.

Edit: Pre-Retcon Beyonder and Molecule Man on intimidation alone. Or else with a gun pointed at the universe is a pretty convincing speech to me.

Mindset
Insane Genis

psycho gundam
Originally posted by 753
his speeches are boring. gloating making hreats posing as some ancinet evil blah doom also suffers from this, he sounds pedantic and affected a lot of the time

the two guys that have inspired people the most with their rhetoric are, IMO, mags and chuck. Cable has done ok too.

OYt78FWfa5M&feature

78wSCglTwEU&feature

http://i55.tinypic.com/25ssksi.jpg

Harbinger
laughing out loud at 1:29 in that first one.

psycho gundam
i shed a tear every time

guy hits you with shakespear type stuff while ramming your head into metal walls

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mindset
Insane Genis
He gave some fascinating speeches.

TricksterPriest
See, that's the Apocalypse I know and love. I first learned of him via that series. I just wish they would write him at that level and with that kind of oratory grandiosity.

CosmicComet
^Same here.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
OYt78FWfa5M&feature

78wSCglTwEU&feature

http://i55.tinypic.com/25ssksi.jpg All I see are examples of what I was talking about

Uriel005
As I said before though. Any universe buster is a good speaker in my book. Speeches made with the threat to destroy the universe usually perk my attention.

Intimidation factor >>>9000

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

-Inspiration
-Intimidation
-Boasting
-Eloquence
-Wit You mean who's the biggest ham?

I know this is Marvel, but M. Bison is a big ham.

X8u7px_GzWQ

p0j0lO7uQBo&feature=related

biscuits

CosmicComet
wtPIfLczUpw

Tha C-Master
Bison and Robotnik get a Prrrromotion:

I9AHEXAcwao&feature=related

HfpTFS68WoI&feature=related

CosmicComet
Also, how the hell did this stupid 'based god' shit become a meme?

Some obscure shit-tier rapper pushes a nonsensical, non-comedic phrase of his doing and somehow people reward the whoring with acknowledgment.

Thank You, Shit God.

Tha C-Master
Never heard of it before.

Harbinger
^ Me neither. Had too look that shit up to see what it was.

Existere

kgkg
Doom.

Tha C-Master
Doom is pretty hammy.

Mindset
Nope.

Tha C-Master
"Doom is full of ham! Nobody possesses more ham than Doom!"

Nihilist
Dooms putdown of Ms Marvel was epic though.

Tha C-Master
Well in media characters tend to ham to emphasize a point. Especially in comics, where the frames are still. It helps get the point across, kinda like why they always use haymakers in comics. Increases effect.

srankmissingnin
Probably Magneto, a lot of people actually by the BS he is selling.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Probably Magneto, a lot of people actually by the BS he is selling.
The full head of white hair probably helps sell his points.

Pretty sure there was a poll recently where most voters agreed that having better hair was more inspiring in a political candidate than being a good speech giver. stick out tongue

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Nihilist
Dooms putdown of Ms Marvel was epic though.

Was downright mean son.

shokosugi
Mindset's Mom is the best "talker"

Hehe

Mindset
That doesn't even make sense.

CosmicComet
Stop airing your dirty laundry here.

shokosugi
Originally posted by Mindset
That doesn't even make sense.

exactly evil face

Black bolt z
For inspiration Cap has no equal.

For boasting Doom has no equal.

For intimidation i'd imagine desaad can make you a little scared.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Black bolt z
For inspiration Cap has no equal.

For boasting Doom has no equal.

For intimidation i'd imagine desaad can make you a little scared. I'd say for intimidation pre-retcon Molecule-man threatening the universe.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by shokosugi
Mindset's Mom is the best "talker"

Hehe so says the abortion that lived

JakeTheBank
I think Thor deserves a honorable mention, especially back in the day where he really got into the old English/Shakespearean dialog. His challenging of the Celestials comes to mind.

-Pr-
I always preferred Thor as being great for those heroic one-liners rather than being a great orator in general.

If you want to make the distinction, I mean.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
I always preferred Thor as being great for those heroic one-liners rather than being a great orator in general.

If you want to make the distinction, I mean.

Yeah, that too. His "it's on and I'm going to kick your ass" style lines are pretty great.

I do think, while not as inspiring as Steve, Thor can rally his fellow Avengers when he starts going off in tangents, especially when the situation is dire. In both Earth's Mightiest Heroes a few years back and Avengers: The Origin, Thor busts out some dramatic speeches which makes Tony, fairly damn charismatic in his own right, take an ear and listen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.