Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan Vs Alan Scott (pre/Post)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1494/110770-90041-hal-jordan_large.PNG

vs

Pre-Crisis Alan Scott
and

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37527/1485735-jsa_042_0022_large.jpg

JakeTheBank
Pre-Crisis, when Hal and Alan teamed up, they were often displayed as being equals until their respective weaknesses showed up. And both have exploited the other's weakness before.

Post Crisis Alan is actually pretty damn powerful compared to Pre-Crisis, especially current Alan, who may or may not have a weakness to wood.

I would say split for PC Hal vs. PC Alan, and Post Crisis Alan getting the majority.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Pre-Crisis, when Hal and Alan teamed up, they were often displayed as being equals until their respective weaknesses showed up. And both have exploited the other's weakness before.

Post Crisis Alan is actually pretty damn powerful compared to Pre-Crisis, especially current Alan, who may or may not have a weakness to wood.

I would say split for PC Hal vs. PC Alan, and Post Crisis Alan getting the majority.

PC Hal was pretty darn powerful as well. He easily took over the JLA, held back PC Superman, dealt with powerful mages (so, magic won't be a problem), and had some of the best versatility feats from a hero. Certainly just as versatile as a mage/ heralds like Silver Surfer.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
PC Hal was pretty darn powerful as well. He easily took over the JLA, held back PC Superman, dealt with powerful mages (so, magic won't be a problem), and had some of the best versatility feats from a hero. Certainly just as versatile as a mage/ heralds like Silver Surfer.

Yes, but PC Hal has also shown adversity when it came to magic, too, which is why he often teamed up with Alan as Alan's entire background was steeped in magic. PC Superman also displayed significant detriment when it came to magic, which Alan, pre or post, is all about, basically.

Alan's pretty much a beast, though, and outside of like Ion or Parallax, I doubt he'd lose straight up to another Green Lantern, even Hal.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yes, but PC Hal has also shown adversity when it came to magic, too, which is why he often teamed up with Alan as Alan's entire background was steeped in magic. PC Superman also displayed significant detriment when it came to magic, which Alan, pre or post, is all about, basically.

Alan's pretty much a beast, though, and outside of like Ion or Parallax, I doubt he'd lose straight up to another Green Lantern, even Hal.

Do you remember what Hal did to the mage who's name starts with an M? Can't pronounce it or spell it, but he trapped him inside his ring. Hal's ring had an entire universe/dimension inside of it and Superman himself said he had incalculable power. I think that trick could work on Alan. wink

JakeTheBank
Do you remember what Hal did to the mage who's name starts with an M? Can't pronounce it or spell it, but he trapped him inside his ring. Hal's ring had an entire universe/dimension inside of it and Superman himself said he had incalculable power. I think that trick could work on Alan. wink

I'd have to check my collection, but I recall what you're talking about.

I don't think that would work as Alan's will and the nature of his ring/power comes from a greater source of energy than that of the Power Battery. Hal's energy got a finite charge; Alan's does not.

Prep-Man
Didn't Alan have PC type feats that are comparable to Hal's?

JakeTheBank
Didn't Alan have PC type feats that are comparable to Hal's?

Nothing grandiose that comes to mind immediately. Typically, he just was portrayed to be Hal's equal, but Alan didn't really have a lot of crazy Pre-Crisis feats. In the Golden Age, he was fighting mostly thugs and criminals prior to the JSA.

I'm of the opinion that Alan is actually more powerful, and has been getting more powerful, Post Crisis.

aztec
The fanboy in me wants to say Alan, but Hal Jordan is clearly the better of the two. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.