Hulk, Herc & Thor vs. Black Bolt, Vulcan, & Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Black bolt z
Team 1.

Although vulcan has the potential to be useless here.

Existere
If Black Bolt and Vulcan fight intelligently, team 2.

Otherwise, team 1.

iceman24567
Team one mostly because of Thor and his hammer

Bouboumaster
Team 1 because Hulk would trash anyone in 1-vs-1

guy222
t 1

WhiteWitchKing
Team 2 has too many options. Gladiator has beaten Thor before and vice versa. Black Bolt beat Hulk every time they've fought. Vulcan would need to throw everything he's got as Herc tho. Against the other two, Vulcan could conceivably absorb Hulk's gamma energy or Thor's magic. Bolt's scream can take any or all of team one out as well.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 1 because Hulk would trash anyone in 1-vs-1 Actually has hulk ever beaten Black Bolt?

-Pr-
Team 1. Vulcan never really lived up to his potential, imo. Thor is the top dog here, and I expect him to beat anyone on team 2.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by -Pr-
Team 1. Vulcan never really lived up to his potential, imo. Thor is the top dog here, and I expect him to beat anyone on team 2. But couldn't BB or glads hold him off for a while?

I mean thor is obviously top dog here. But say Glads holds him off while BB takes out hulk. Couldn't the two then beat thor? Thor just needs better teammates me thinks.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Black bolt z
But couldn't BB or glads hold him off for a while?

I mean thor is obviously top dog here. But say Glads holds him off while BB takes out hulk. Couldn't the two then beat thor? Thor just needs better teammates me thinks.

Sure, for a while, but I don't see it being enough time for any of the others to score a decisive victory.

Thor's team is fine imo.

leonidas
hulk's an easy bfr i think, which would leave it 3-2. thor's hammer could let him shield bb's voice if he used it, but herc would be very hard-put to deal with it.

more options for team 2 imo.

Estacado
Couldn't Vulcan just gamma drain Hulk?

leonidas
theoretically....

carver9
I HATE the way Hulk is treated on the forum. You all completely ignore his comic showings of him tanking attacks and hanging with high heralds/beating them. I would give Hulk the majority against anyone mentioned in this thread. Stop lowballing a powerful character like Hulk. He has proven his capablities and its stupid to ignore "on-panel evidence".

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
I HATE the way Hulk is treated on the forum. You all completely ignore his comic showings of him tanking attacks and hanging with high heralds/beating them. I would give Hulk the majority against anyone mentioned in this thread. Stop lowballing a powerful character like Hulk. He has proven his capablities and its stupid to ignore "on-panel evidence". Except thor has stalemated him time after time and BB has beaten him time after time.

So how you would put him above anyone in this match i don't know. no expression

leonidas
not low-balling. just vulcan's powerset. ss's done the same to him.

McNasty996
I actually have a question. Would power drain work now
seeing as when Rulk tried it it failed horribly? Because
in my opinion that could be Hulks saving grace
and a big problem for team 2 seeing as the next
immediate option is to blast him or slug it out
depending upon the character and that won't end well
once Thor finishes up

leonidas
Originally posted by McNasty996
I actually have a question. Would power drain work now
seeing as when Rulk tried it it failed horribly? Because
in my opinion that could be Hulks saving grace
and a big problem for team 2 seeing as the next
immediate option is to blast him or slug it out
depending upon the character and that won't end well
once Thor finishes up

hmm, not sure. why did it fail? anyone?

illadelph12
Couldn't Vulcan effectively make this a 3 vs 2 match by, for lack of a better tactic, turning Hulk's powers off via energy manip?

*edit

Damn Evo, someone else posted my thought before I could finish typing on this damn touchscreen.

carver9
Except thor has stalemated him time after time and BB has beaten him time after time.

So how you would put him above anyone in this match i don't know. no expression

Thor has stalemated SAVAGE hulk. He got his a** ripped up WITH the Odin Force by Rulk and Current Hulk STOMPED that same Rulk. Current Hulk isn't Savage Hulk, he is MUCH more powerful and even using Savage Hulk, a weaker version than Current Hulk, his last showing against thor had him beating Thor to sleep.

Black Bolt would get stomped as well and if you want to know why, I don't mind telling you.

McNasty996
I thought it was due to Hulk essiantialy having
too much power to absorb which caused an explosion big
enough to form a mushroom cloud and Hulk was
undamaged after and wide awake but I could be wrong

Juk3n
I HATE the way Hulk is treated on the forum. You all completely ignore his comic showings of him tanking attacks and hanging with high heralds/beating them. I would give Hulk the majority against anyone mentioned in this thread. Stop lowballing a powerful character like Hulk. He has proven his capablities and its stupid to ignore "on-panel evidence".

Hulks fights and victories against cosmic/herald level beings are PIS. These are hyperspace/teleporting/matter manipulating/energy manipulating/transforming beings and to take at face value that they entered into a slug-fest with someone whos only damage output is ..well..Slugfest is just plain luda..

Comic cosmics are pussies, well everyone except Delta Ray Dave, they don't fight using their entire range of viable battle tactics, they tend to fall into the dimension of the person they're fighting. ie, When hulk fought and beat Gladiator, we should have only seen Gladiator moving as a blur, we didn't we saw him reduced to a slugger and getting out slugged.

Hulk doesn't take a majority from ANY mid-high level energy manipulator.

carver9
Originally posted by Juk3n
Hulks fights and victories against cosmic/herald level beings are PIS. These are hyperspace/teleporting/matter manipulating/energy manipulating/transforming beings and to take at face value that they entered into a slug-fest with someone whos only damage output is ..well..Slugfest is just plain luda..

Comic cosmics are pussies, well everyone except Delta Ray Dave, they don't fight using their entire range of viable battle tactics, they tend to fall into the dimension of the person they're fighting. ie, When hulk fought and beat Gladiator, we should have only seen Gladiator moving as a blur, we didn't we saw him reduced to a slugger and getting out slugged.

Aaahhh, so a Hulks entire history of this is PIS... hhhmmm, does that really make sense? I guess we should ignore the character history of tanking, adapting, healing, and physical stats increasing which he has shown since his creation.

Damn

Zack Fair
http://www.ghostinthemachine.net/hulkbeaten.gif

carver9
Originally posted by McNasty996
I thought it was due to Hulk essiantialy having
too much power to absorb which caused an explosion big
enough to form a mushroom cloud and Hulk was
undamaged after and wide awake but I could be wrong

Naah, and if that was the case, that would make Hulk look even more superior since Rulk was able to absorb Surfers cosmic power along with Thor Odin Force power.

Black bolt z
Thor has stalemated SAVAGE hulk. He got his a** ripped up WITH the Odin Force by Rulk and Current Hulk STOMPED that same Rulk. Current Hulk isn't Savage Hulk, he is MUCH more powerful and even using Savage Hulk, a weaker version than Current Hulk, his last showing against thor had him beating Thor to sleep.

Black Bolt would get stomped as well and if you want to know why, I don't mind telling you. Current Hulk would NOT stomp thor or BB. He might beat thor. But he is not stomping him.

And please don't use Rulk feats. Its just annoying. Rulk in general in inconsistent.

And as for BB...well that fight won't happen until hes back from the dead.

-Pr-

Stones + glass houses = Bad Carver.

And seriously, Rulk is a joke character. His feats go completely against consistent showings of other characters, with plenty of bad writing in there.

Harbinger
lol at him beating Thor with Mjolnir because of "zero gravity" or whatever the hell crap excuse Loeb came up with.

carver9
Stones + glass houses = Bad Carver.

And seriously, Rulk is a joke character. His feats go completely against consistent showings of other characters, with plenty of bad writing in there.

Ok, how about this. Current Hulk>>Savage Hulk going by numerous of on panel statements and Savage Hulk beat Thor to sleep with his own hammer. How about this. Current Hulk>>Savage Hulk and Savage Hulk took on the entire team of Avengers recently "last year"(including Thor) and was stomping them. Current Hulk>>Savage Hulk and Savage Hulk stalemated Thor for hours. Savage Hulk was also the only one capable of taking on Onslaught and Thor was right there also.

Is that proof enough?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I consistently see Carver using the Rulk example against Thor.

1) Rulk was absorbing Thor's energy.
2) Thor kicked his ass in the rematch.

And please don't call that Thor Odin Force Thor; he had some of it. I also highly doubt Loeb was writing that fight with this in mind. Also, the Rulk beat down Loeb made as little sense as their first fight where he knocks Hulk out with a hold and a broken arm. Or the second fight, where he basically kills him with a trident through the chest. His energy absorption wasn't working....because. Even shrugged off his nuclear punch; just a big apology for the consistent ass kicking Hulk had at Rulk's hands. Jen was beating the shit out of Betty. It might make more sense if we take into account that the incarnation Rulk battled had just absorbed almost all of the energy stolen from him while he was World Breaker plus all of the cosmic energy Rulk stole from Thor, the Watcher, and Surfer etc.

Apparently the Fear avatar Hulk is going to have a battle with Thor. We'll see how that goes.

carver9
Current Hulk would NOT stomp thor or BB. He might beat thor. But he is not stomping him.

And please don't use Rulk feats. Its just annoying. Rulk in general in inconsistent.

And as for BB...well that fight won't happen until hes back from the dead.

He sure the hell will unless again, you completely ignore Thor and Savage Hulk history.

Why not use Rulk? Thor got stomped by him whereas he was nothing but a toy to Hulk. Back then, Rulk showings of running through people were consistent until he met WWH.

Black Bolt would get stomped and I have proof that he would get stomped.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

And please don't call that Thor Odin Force Thor; he had some of it. I also highly doubt Loeb was writing that fight with this in mind. Also, the Rulk beat down Loeb made as little sense as their first fight where he knocks Hulk out with a hold and a broken arm. Or the second fight, where he basically kills him with a trident through the chest. His energy absorption wasn't working....because. Even shrugged off his nuclear punch; just a big apology for the consistent ass kicking Hulk had at Rulk's hands. Jen was beating the shit out of Betty. It might make more sense if we take into account that the incarnation Rulk battled had just absorbed almost all of the energy stolen from him while he was World Breaker plus all of the cosmic energy Rulk stole from Thor, the Watcher, and Surfer etc.

Apparently the Fear avatar Hulk is going to have a battle with Thor. We'll see how that goes. Hmmh like I said context thumb up. If Rulk absorbed Hulks gamma energy he would turn back to banner Thor atleast put up a fight

carver9

Apparently the Fear avatar Hulk is going to have a battle with Thor. We'll see how that goes.

What are you talking about Rage?

Before Thor and Rulk fought, Rulk fought A-Bomb and then fought Savage Hulk. Within this same time, Thor shows up and Hammer shot him twice with a full fledge hit. He then take other attacks from Thor, grab Thor, wip that a** and then carry him to space. He then dive bomb from the moon to Earth head first. He fights Savage Hulk and Thor then shows up. He had no rest at all. Thor dive bombs him and then proceed at tagging an exausted Rulk.

Their first fight was proof that Thor wasn't nothing compared to Rulk.

Now in regards to Rulk stomping Hulk... well, you are PARTIALLY right. Rulk stomped SAVAGE Hulk. He was superior to that Hulk... I'm not denying that. When he fought WWH, he wasn't anything but a mere ant, even while using his absorption.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Hmmh like I said context thumb up. If Rulk absorbed Hulks gamma energy he would turn back to banner Thor atleast put up a fight

I guess you didn't read the fight huh? He did absorb Hulks gamma power and hit him with a punch equivalent to a nuclear blast. His absorption did crap to the Hulk and Hulk amped himself further even during the time Rulk was stealing his power.

READ THE COMIC.

iceman24567
carver Rulk was absorbing the Odin Force during their encounter amping himself and weakening Thor

carver9
carver Rulk was absorbing the Odin Force during their encounter amping himself and weakening Thor

And Rulk was absorbing the gamma energy from Hulk and it did NOTHING to WWH. So wit that said, I guess that means Hulk power>the partial Odin force power Thor had INCLUDING Thor own power?

iceman24567
I guess you didn't read the fight huh? He did absorb Hulks gamma power and hit him with a punch equivalent to a nuclear blast. His absorption did crap to the Hulk and Hulk amped himself further even during the time Rulk was stealing his power.

READ THE COMIC. Did read it its pretty suspect that Hulk can overload Rulks power draning yet Silver Surfer can easily drain Hulk yet Surfer turns around and gets drained himself even though their powersources are similar. I love how you say I didnt read the comic when the whole bs fight was posted everywhere grow up

carver9
Did read it its pretty suspect that Hulk can overload Rulks power draning yet Silver Surfer can easily drain Hulk yet Surfer turns around and gets drained himself even though their powersources are similar. I love how you say I didnt read the comic when the whole bs fight was posted everywhere grow up

Um... Rulk never had any issues at draining Savage Hulk. He was able to do it with no trouble at all just like he was able to drain Surfer and Thors power. The only time he really had any issues was with WWH. WWH was power personafied.

Black bolt z
Black Bolt would get stomped and I have proof that he would get stomped. Like what? Hulk losing every fight they have ever had.

And besides what does it matter. In this fight Vulcan can just drain Hulk. And thats not just trying to be mean or spite you. I mean vulcan controlled magic for gods sake...I think he can drain gamma energy.

iceman24567
And Rulk was absorbing the gamma energy from Hulk and it did NOTHING to WWH. So wit that said, I guess that means Hulk power>the partial Odin force power Thor had INCLUDING Thor own power? Why because chracter A beat character B yet character B also beat character C so by proxy character A can beat characters C? Is that what your saying? Ok well Thor stalemated Zeus using ALL his power the same Zeus that waxed WWh using only h2h so I guess Thor by proxy is more powerful than WWh? Can you see the fail in that logic?

-Pr-
Ok, how about this. Current Hulk>>Savage Hulk going by numerous of on panel statements and Savage Hulk beat Thor to sleep with his own hammer. How about this. Current Hulk>>Savage Hulk and Savage Hulk took on the entire team of Avengers recently "last year"(including Thor) and was stomping them. Current Hulk>>Savage Hulk and Savage Hulk stalemated Thor for hours. Savage Hulk was also the only one capable of taking on Onslaught and Thor was right there also.

Is that proof enough?

What are you talking about?

He sure the hell will unless again, you completely ignore Thor and Savage Hulk history.

Why not use Rulk? Thor got stomped by him whereas he was nothing but a toy to Hulk. Back then, Rulk showings of running through people were consistent until he met WWH.

Black Bolt would get stomped and I have proof that he would get stomped.

because he did so in ways he shouldn't be able to. Bad writing.

iceman24567
Like what? Hulk losing every fight they have ever had.

And besides what does it matter. In this fight Vulcan can just drain Hulk. And thats not just trying to be mean or spite you. I mean vulcan controlled magic for gods sake...I think he can drain gamma energy. Vulcan has shown no limit to his absorbing abilities

carver9
Why because chracter A beat character B yet character B also beat character C so by proxy character A can beat characters C? Is that what your saying? Ok well Thor stalemated Zeus using ALL his power the same Zeus that waxed WWh using only h2h so I guess Thor by proxy is more powerful than WWh? Can you see the fail in that logic?

Um, Thor recently got stomped by a depowered Odin in less than 2 panels. Zeus and Odin (with his complete powers) are equals. That argument didn't aid you.

carver9
Like what? Hulk losing every fight they have ever had.

And besides what does it matter. In this fight Vulcan can just drain Hulk. And thats not just trying to be mean or spite you. I mean vulcan controlled magic for gods sake...I think he can drain gamma energy.

Again, Black Bolt defeated Savage Hulk. The example I was going to use is a skrull Bolt voice feat being>the original BB scream. Would you like to know why? Don't mind telling ya buddy. Skrull bolt was placed into a containment feild by reed and Tony. They needed SB to scream as hard as he can so that he could open a plain to a different reality. Guess what, his scream was so powerful that he ripped through reality.

This same skrull bolt fought WWH and SCREAMED at him. He screamed at Hulk so hard that it ripped a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island. Well, Hulk tanked that sh** and asked for more. Remember, this was a full fledg scream and Skrull Bolt did it more than once.

Vulcan can TRY to drain WWH. I'm pretty sure it won't work since someone who absorption feats are>Vulcan and failed at draining WWH due to his power level. WWH amping would prevent that buddy just like it prevented Rulk from draining him.

iceman24567
Um, Thor recently got stomped by a depowered Odin in less than 2 panels. Zeus and Odin (with his complete powers) are equals. That argument didn't aid you. Are you serious that argument is legit useless you completely ignore it and strictly choose to lowball. Prove by on panel feats that Zeus and Odin are equals mr lowballer

carver9

confused

I'm speechless.

Black bolt z
Again, Black Bolt defeated Savage Hulk. The example I was going to use is a skrull Bolt voice feat being>the original BB scream. Would you like to know why? Don't mind telling ya buddy. Skrull bolt was placed into a containment feild by reed and Tony. They needed SB to scream as hard as he can so that he could open a plain to a different reality. Guess what, his scream was so powerful that he ripped through reality.

This same skrull bolt fought WWH and SCREAMED at him. He screamed at Hulk so hard that it ripped a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island. Well, Hulk tanked that sh** and asked for more. Remember, this was a full fledg scream and Skrull Bolt did it more than once.

Vulcan can TRY to drain WWH. I'm pretty sure it won't work since someone who absorption feats are>Vulcan and failed at draining WWH due to his power level. WWH amping would prevent that buddy just like it prevented Rulk from draining him. Ummmm....there are many things wrong with this. First of all it only ripped through reality because he was in a containment field. Because Skrull Bolt was in no way stronger than real bolt.

And once again I do not believe he screamed. It never showed him scream. And even if he did it happened off panel. He whispered.

Who has better absorbtion feats than vulcan yet failed to drain hulk. Please do tell.

carver9
Are you serious that argument is legit useless you completely ignore it and strictly choose to lowball. Prove by on panel feats that Zeus and Odin are equals mr lowballer

On panel statements of them being peers. Zeus is a high end skyfather.

carver9
Ummmm....there are many things wrong with this. First of all it only ripped through reality because he was in a containment field. Because Skrull Bolt was in no way stronger than real bolt.

And once again I do not believe he screamed. It never showed him scream. And even if he did it happened off panel. He whispered.

Who has better absorbtion feats than vulcan yet failed to drain hulk. Please do tell.

He screamed and it was shown on panel. People from Earth saw the battle as plain as day and Hulk and Skrull Bolt was on the moon.

The containment field had nothing to do with him ripping through reality. The containment field was there to prevent Skrull Bolt from destroying the planet. Skrull Bolt was a direct carbon copy of the real BB and SB scream did jack to WWH and he did it twice. The second scream, Hulk walked straight through it and punched his a** to sleep.

Rulk absorption feats are better unless you can show me Vulcan absorbing something as powerful as the Odin Force or Surfer power cosmic or Dormomu power.

Ill be waiting for those feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Skrulls were just beginning to understand how Black Bolt's powers were worked. They had not yet understood how his powers work. How on Earth could the Skrull Black Bolt's voice be more powerful than the real deal? Makes no sense.

Also, Black Bolt was abducted right before World War Hulk I believe. It was the real deal who participated in the Infinity Gem hunt.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What are you talking about Rage?

Before Thor and Rulk fought, Rulk fought A-Bomb and then fought Savage Hulk. Within this same time, Thor shows up and Hammer shot him twice with a full fledge hit. He then take other attacks from Thor, grab Thor, wip that a** and then carry him to space. He then dive bomb from the moon to Earth head first. He fights Savage Hulk and Thor then shows up. He had no rest at all. Thor dive bombs him and then proceed at tagging an exausted Rulk.

Their first fight was proof that Thor wasn't nothing compared to Rulk.

Now in regards to Rulk stomping Hulk... well, you are PARTIALLY right. Rulk stomped SAVAGE Hulk. He was superior to that Hulk... I'm not denying that. When he fought WWH, he wasn't anything but a mere ant, even while using his absorption.

Comics.

A sufficient amount of time passed between those fights; unless you have evidence to the contrary he was not weary. I never saw any evidence or even a hint of his stamina faltering. The fights were basically Rulk beating the crap out of his opponents.

You should read the comics you're referencing. There was no mention of exhaustion and all he did was punch Hulk a few times. Throw in his energy absorption abilities and arguing that he was weary is something I call bullshit on unless you have evidence to the contrary.

You do realize that World Breaker Hulk was defeated through energy absorption? The only reason why it failed was because it was Loeb and the f*cker did whatever he wanted. It was just a big apology. You're the only one delusional enough to think that this was some indication of Hulk's ranking. He'd have to be on the higher end of the Trans level in terms of power to stomp a charged up Rulk and not feel any drain from his energy absorption.

carver9
The Skrulls were just beginning to understand how Black Bolt's powers were worked. They had not yet understood how his powers work. How on Earth could the Skrull Black Bolt's voice be more powerful than the real deal? Makes no sense.

Also, Black Bolt was abducted right before World War Hulk I believe. It was the real deal who participated in the Infinity Gem hunt.

I never said that Skrull Bolt was more powerful but his feats are insane.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Juk3n

thumb up thumb up

iceman24567
On panel statements of them being peers. Zeus is a high end skyfather. Statements really? Too bad on panel feats show Odin to be superior hell their encounters with Thor proves this you said yourself a weakned Odin easily beat Thor yet Zeus at full power using all his abilities could only stalemate him. Dont contradict yourself this time its either Thor is peers with Zeus which means Thor is also more powerful than Hulk or Zeus is not peers with Odin cant be both if your saying a weakened Odin< full powered Zeus by proxy Thor would also be more powerful than Odin

carver9
Comics.

A sufficient amount of time passed between those fights; unless you have evidence to the contrary he was not weary. I never saw any evidence or even a hint of his stamina faltering. The fights were basically Rulk beating the crap out of his opponents.

You should read the comics you're referencing. There was no mention of exhaustion and all he did was punch Hulk a few times. Throw in his energy absorption abilities and arguing that he was weary is something I call bullshit on unless you have evidence to the contrary.

You do realize that World Breaker Hulk was defeated through energy absorption? The only reason why it failed was because it was Loeb and the f*cker did whatever he wanted. It was just a big apology. You're the only one delusional enough to think that this was some indication of Hulk's ranking. He'd have to be on the higher end of the Trans level in terms of power to stomp a charged up Rulk and not feel any drain from his energy absorption.

Not enough time... Rulk was constantly fighting throughout that arc. He fought Thor...landed head first from the moon to Earth... fought Savage Hulk and then Thor sneak attack him and pounds on him and then he fight Hulk again.

I guess Hulk is trans then since Rulk gamma drain didn't work on WWH enough to gain any type of advantage.

You are seriously trying to down Hulk feats...please stop and accept what happened. If it was Thor, you wouldn't be saying half of this.

Wimjet
Carver your actually the first person I have ever heard say that the skrull was equal to the real BlackBolt. no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not enough time... Rulk was constantly fighting throughout that arc. He fought Thor...landed head first from the moon to Earth... fought Savage Hulk and then Thor sneak attack him and pounds on him and then he fight Hulk again.

I guess Hulk is trans then since Rulk gamma drain didn't work on WWH enough to gain any type of advantage.

You are seriously trying to down Hulk feats...please stop and accept what happened. If it was Thor, you wouldn't be saying half of this.

Do I have to post the fight? It was three pages of Rulk beating the utter crap out of Hulk. True, Thor landed a sneak attack, but said sneak attack can't be enough to trump Rulk's energy absorption advantage.

Only you would think that. Once again, this was Loeb being Loeb and offering an apology. I've seen Hulk fans admit that the fight made zero sense, and it's true. For christ sake, Hulk was not even enraged and took him out with a thunder clap.

I'm not trying to downplay anything. I'm telling you the reality of the situation.

carver9
Statements really? Too bad on panel feats show Odin to be superior hell their encounters with Thor proves this you said yourself a weakned Odin easily beat Thor yet Zeus at full power using all his abilities could only stalemate him. Dont contradict yourself this time its either Thor is peers with Zeus which means Thor is also more powerful than Hulk or Zeus is not peers with Odin cant be both if your saying a weakened Odin< full powered Zeus by proxy Thor would also be more powerful than Odin

When did Thor stalemate Zeus. From what I seen, Zeus dropped Thor along with other heralds with just a wave of his hands.

-Pr-
confused

I'm speechless.

Liar.

So are you going to answer me?

Black bolt z
He screamed and it was shown on panel. People from Earth saw the battle as plain as day and Hulk and Skrull Bolt was on the moon.

The containment field had nothing to do with him ripping through reality. The containment field was there to prevent Skrull Bolt from destroying the planet. Skrull Bolt was a direct carbon copy of the real BB and SB scream did jack to WWH and he did it twice. The second scream, Hulk walked straight through it and punched his a** to sleep.

Rulk absorption feats are better unless you can show me Vulcan absorbing something as powerful as the Odin Force or Surfer power cosmic or Dormomu power.

Ill be waiting for those feats. I stopped after reading "it was shown on panel". No. It wasn't. BB whispered on panel. It pushed him back 100 ft or so. he then lunged at BB and yelled "I wanna hear you scream".

It never ever showed him scream at hulk on panel. I'll deconstruct the other parts of your post once you get this.

carver9
Do I have to post the fight? It was three pages of Rulk beating the utter crap out of Hulk. True, Thor landed a sneak attack, but said sneak attack can't be enough to trump Rulk's energy absorption advantage.

Only you would think that. Once again, this was Loeb being Loeb and offering an apology. I've seen Hulk fans admit that the fight made zero sense, and it's true. For christ sake, Hulk was not even enraged and took him out with a thunder clap.

I'm not trying to downplay anything. I'm telling you the reality of the situation.

Omg, Rage, you are my boy but DAMN. I admitted a long time ago that Rulk is> than Savage Hulk... I am referring to WWH. Rulk can not hang with WWH. His showings against Savage proved who was superior but his amping along with his strength was boo boo compared to WWH.

Why wouldn't the fight make sense? WWH amping abilites are insane and Rulk couldn't take enough power from him to drop him due to WWH amping. He thenhit Hulk with enough force that it created a nuclear explosion and it did next to nothing to him.

It happened Rage... no way to take from it. We already know that WWH>Savage Hulk... that fight proved just that.

iceman24567
When did Thor stalemate Zeus. From what I seen, Zeus dropped Thor along with other heralds with just a wave of his hands. Originally posted by carver9
When did Thor stalemate Zeus. From what I seen, Zeus dropped Thor along with other heralds with just a wave of his hands. During the Trojan war

carver9
Liar.

So are you going to answer me?

What did I lie about? If its about the lap top... I am still at work.

What question did you ask me?

-Pr-
What did I lie about? If its about the lap top... I am still at work.

What question did you ask me?

I was talking about being speechless.

And I was asking why you posted this to me:

Is that proof enough?

carver9
During the Trojan war

Zeus dropped Thor in a couple of panels along with other Heralds.

thanos-prime
Get 'em, Carver. stick out tongue

carver9

Gotcha...

Ok... I was basically naming Hulks feats from Savage Hulk who pales in comparison to WWH and providing reasons on why WWH is>Thor (which he is).

Why would it be bad writing when everything that Rulk did during that time was consistent until he met someone more powerful than him? Doesn't make sense. WWH was just too much for Rulk...TOO much and that is why he got pushed away like he did. It had nothing to do with bad writing, it was more on power level.

-Pr-
Gotcha...

Ok... I was basically naming Hulks feats from Savage Hulk who pales in comparison to WWH and providing reasons on why WWH is>Thor (which he is).

Why would it be bad writing when everything that Rulk did during that time was consistent until he met someone more powerful than him? Doesn't make sense. WWH was just too much for Rulk...TOO much and that is why he got pushed away like he did. It had nothing to do with bad writing, it was more on power level.

But why? I didn't say anything about Savage Hulk.

Rulk might have been consistent to himself, but the book wasn't consistent to other characters, like Thor for example. You want to take it as Rulk being powerful? Go right ahead, but it would be counted as a low showing for Thor, not his average.

JakeTheBank

Rulk might have been consistent to himself, but the book wasn't consistent to other characters, like Thor for example. You want to take it as Rulk being powerful? Go right ahead, but it would be counted as a low showing for Thor, not his average.

thumb up

I don't see how anyone can read the early Rulk issues and not come to that conclusion.

carver9

Why would it be a low showing to Thor when during that time, Rulk was destroying everyone until he faced WWH? That's what I am trying to understand.

Hulk did what he suppose to do with his powers... AMP. Rulk tried to drain him to no avail. WWH amping abilities was superior to Rulk draining abilities and that is why he got curb stomped.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

I don't see how anyone can read the early Rulk issues and not come to that conclusion.

What conclusion was I suppose to come to? I just think you are not realizing how powerful WWH is.

JakeTheBank
What conclusion was I suppose to come to? I just think you are not realizing how powerful WWH is.

WWH is more powerful than Savage Hulk and more powerful than Rulk. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

But the Rulk/Thor encounter was a low showing for Thor; I don't see how you can twist it into something other than that. Especially considering Thor/Hulk's history as a whole and just general common sense as it pertains to comics.

-Pr-
Why would it be a low showing to Thor when during that time, Rulk was destroying everyone until he faced WWH? That's what I am trying to understand.

Hulk did what he suppose to do with his powers... AMP. Rulk tried to drain him to no avail. WWH amping abilities was superior to Rulk draining abilities and that is why he got curb stomped.

Because Thor wasn't just written badly, he was written inaccurately.

Why do you keep bringing up WWH?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Zeus dropped Thor in a couple of panels along with other Heralds.

Stop making shit up.

Thor withstood like half a dozen attacks from a Warrior Madness Zeus and this was a Thor that was in constant agony as most of his bones were like shattered. His might was also weakened as a result.

iceman24567
Stop making shit up.

Thor withstood like half a dozen attacks from a Warrior Madness Zeus and this was a Thor that was in constant agony as most of his bones were like shattered. His might was also weakened as a result. thumb up

carver9
WWH is more powerful than Savage Hulk and more powerful than Rulk. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

But the Rulk/Thor encounter was a low showing for Thor; I don't see how you can twist it into something other than that. Especially considering Thor/Hulk's history as a whole and just general common sense as it pertains to comics.

But again, you would have to basically take everything away from Rulk that happened on panel. Thor wasn't the only person Rulk owned and some of the people was VERY powerful. Look at all of the people he owned "before" absorbing Surfers power. The only time Rulk really had any type of problem was when he faced WWH so why discredit WWH showing because Thor got his a** beat?

That fight basically showed how poweful Rulk was during that time... even OF Thor was surprised at Rulks power level. The same goes for Current Hulk. He really never had any type of threats until he faced Zeus.

Hell, Marvel basically gave us a description of WWH power level (even though it was a what if) when they wrote him surviving a planetary destroying attack being the only living being on Earth and then they wrote WWH going against every being on the face of the planet which included Sentry and Thor. Marvel is throwing all of this right in you all's face, it isn't hard to comprehend what they are trying to say.

carver9
Stop making shit up.

Thor withstood like half a dozen attacks from a Warrior Madness Zeus and this was a Thor that was in constant agony as most of his bones were like shattered. His might was also weakened as a result.

Didn't Zeus and Thor go at it more than once?

JakeTheBank
But again, you would have to basically take everything away from Rulk that happened on panel. Thor wasn't the only person Rulk owned and some of the people was VERY powerful. Look at all of the people he owned "before" absorbing Surfers power. The only time Rulk really had any type of problem was when he faced WWH so why discredit WWH showing because Thor got his a** beat?

That fight basically showed how poweful Rulk was during that time... even OF Thor was surprised at Rulks power level. The same goes for Current Hulk. He really never had any type of threats until he faced Zeus.

Hell, Marvel basically have us a description of WWH power level (even though it was a what it) when they wrote him surviving a planetary destroying attack being the only living being on Earth and then they wrote WWH going against every being on the face of the planet which included Sentry and Thor. Marvel is throwing all of this right in you all's face, it isn't hard to comprehend what they are trying to say.

If you're talking about Rulk soloing the Defenders and killing Grandmaster...I really don't have anything to say outside of the Loebforce working overtime. And while Thor had the Odinforce at that time during publication history, Loeb made no effort to showcase this or even mention it. Considering Loeb has a history of not researching other characters outside of who he's penning at the moment (see the first Superman & Batman arc), it's not hard to see why people think that's a low showing.

I'm not sure what WWH has to do with this, anyway.

carver9
If you're talking about Rulk soloing the Defenders and killing Grandmaster...I really don't have anything to say outside of the Loebforce working overtime. And while Thor had the Odinforce at that time during publication history, Loeb made no effort to showcase this or even mention it. Considering Loeb has a history of not researching other characters outside of who he's penning at the moment (see the first Superman & Batman arc), it's not hard to see why people think that's a low showing.

I'm not sure what WWH has to do with this, anyway.

WWH was brought up a couple of pages back because someone was stating that Hulk is a none factor in this fight when all in all, he is the main ingredient in this fight.

I brought Rulk up as an example of WWH being>Thor due to someone saying that Hulk shouldn't be able to beat Thor. Then you all brought up Rulk as some type of crutch when all in all he wasn't.

-Pr-
WWH was brought up a couple of pages back because someone was stating that Hulk is a none factor in this fight when all in all, he is the main ingredient in this fight.

I brought Rulk up as an example of WWH being>Thor due to someone saying that Hulk shouldn't be able to beat Thor. Then you all brought up Rulk as some type of crutch when all in all he wasn't.

one person beating thor and then being beaten by wwh doesn't automatically make wwh>thor.

that's abc logic and that's not how it works around here.

JakeTheBank

Hulk's not the main ingredient to this fight, though. Not with people infinitely more versatile than he on the other team. That role belongs to Thor.

carver9
one person beating thor and then being beaten by wwh doesn't automatically make wwh>thor.

that's abc logic and that's not how it works around here.

That's not the only reason why WWH is superior to Thor.

One sec.

carver9

Black Bolt would get stomped as well and if you want to know why, I don't mind telling you.

Here you go Pr.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, that's ABC logic, Carv.

carver9
Yeah, that's ABC logic, Carv.

OMG... can V&V Despero beat Thor... yes, do you want to know why? He beat on Superman, Captain Marvel along with other high heralds with ease, INCLUDING the rest of the JLA and JSA. That is the only way to determine this since Current Hulk and Thor never fought yet.

This isn't abc logic when Thor and Hulk has faced the same people and Hulk just looks better. I'm providing legit arguments for 2 people that never fought yet.

Just like I can say that Thor was a insect to Onslaught but a weaker version of Hulk (than current Hulk) faced Onslaught and ripped his body to dust. That's another feat that shows who is superior.

JakeTheBank
OMG... can V&V Despero beat Thor... yes, do you want to know why? He beat on Superman, Captain Marvel along with other high heralds with ease, INCLUDING the rest of the JLA and JSA. That is the only way to determine this since Current Hulk and Thor never fought yet.

This isn't abc logic when Thor and Hulk has faced the same people and Hulk just looks better. I'm providing legit arguments for 2 people that never fought yet.

Just like I can say that Thor was a insect to Onslaught but a weaker version of Hulk (than current Hulk) faced Onslaught and ripped his body to dust. That's another feat that shows who is superior.

Thor's also soloed the U-Foes with relative ease where Hulk has shown far more difficulty with them. Thor's beaten or slapped around the Silver Surfer with more ease than Hulk's shown. Thor's battled more powerful foes than the Hulk has ever faced and has come out looking pretty damn good, if not actually winning. Thor's nearly killed Rulk by Rulk's own admission who further stated that fighting Hulk saved him. And also...

Zeus wouldn't manhandle Thor like he did Hulk. And he hasn't.

Boomshakalaka.

-Pr-
That's not the only reason why WWH is superior to Thor.

One sec.

Here you go Pr.

you just reiterated and backed up my point.

carver9
Thor's also soloed the U-Foes with relative ease where Hulk has shown far more difficulty with them. Thor's beaten or slapped around the Silver Surfer with more ease than Hulk's shown. Thor's battled more powerful foes than the Hulk has ever faced and has come out looking pretty damn good, if not actually winning. Thor's nearly killed Rulk by Rulk's own admission who further stated that fighting Hulk saved him. And also...

Zeus wouldn't manhandle Thor like he did Hulk. And he hasn't.

Boomshakalaka.

OMG... I never said that Thor was a chump... Thor versatility is next to none and he is by far one of the most powerful Heralds and that's including Gladiator. Thor would lose to Current Hulk though and I gave my reasons why. By looking at Savage Hulk and Thor fights in the past and looking at how Savage Hulk and Thor last fight went... Thor would probably need a partner to face WWH.

Lol... Thor didn't nearly kill Rulk by himself... he dive bombed him; basically snuck attacked him and pressed his attack. Then he ran up on a Rulk that JUST got through destroying him BEFORE taking two all out hammer shots to the face and body. Then let's not include that after destroying Thor, he fell from the moon to Earth head first and after getting out of the big a** hole that he created... Hulk was right in front of his face ready to fight. Thor fought an exausted Rulk. Let's put it like this, Rulk went through more than what Thor went through before facing Void.

What the hell? Yes, Zeus would manhandle Thor. The current Odin and Thor fight is proof enough of this. Thor got taken out in 2 panels from a weakened Odin.

Surfer drains Hulk for the win... kind of different than fighting him the way he fights Thor don't you think?

Like I said, this isn't to make Thor look weak because he is very powerful but he would lose against Current Hulk and badly at that.

Juk3n
mad

There is no comeback from a 'Boomshakalaka'.

The debate is over!

WhiteWitchKing

You have no proof that was Skrull Bolt that was involved in that gem hunt because Secret Invasion Inhumans shows Bolt was abducted after the Silent War. Bolt was already a part of the Illumanati. The Silent War had only began it's first issue at the time when Illuminati 2 (the gem hunt) came out. Furthermore as Rage pointed out, the Skrull scientist openly told Bolt that he'd only began learning Bolt's power. Once he does, he'll turn Bolt into the Skrull empire's greatest weapon. This all occurred after Skrull Bolt's death.

As for that reality ripping feat, Black Bolt has feats that far surpass that one feat. Surfer can rip reality if he wanted and so can a Watcher. Bolt's superior feats include

1. Overloaded a Doctor Doom possessing Watcher's power
2. Bolt destroying a fleet of fleeing Skrulls across space with a speech
3. A bomb powered by Bolt's scream creating a tear in space that was about to consume the entire universe. The same rift that when stopped was still large enough to allow a universal armada to cross it.

Where's your proof that was a scream? lmao. Bolt with just whispers have taken out Gladiator and Hulk. WWH may have been more power then Savage but to take a scream is b.s. It destroying something the size of Rhode Island doesn't mean it's a scream. WWH had a hell of a time just trying to take out Sentry. The same Sentry that didn't want to fight Black Bolt because he felt both could destroy the world if they unleashed their power. lol Iron Man even wondered if Sentry was afraid of Bolt's scream and thus why Sentry wanted to avoid a full on fight.

Hulk has NEVER won a fight with Bolt and has been taken down by a whisper. That Skrull Bolt is not even close to Black Bolt. The guy got his necked snapped by Namor. Bolt took on the Fantastic Four and Namor, one shotting the King of Atlantis into a dam with an upper cut.

Lol. Keep trying. Magus transmuted an entire planet. He went up against Vulcan and Vulcan sapped his magic within minutes of their meeting that it had Magus running.

Gladiator can keep Thor busy long enough. He's done it on more than one occasion in their meeting. Hercules and Hulk against Bolt and Vulcan is a mismatch. Bolt puts Hercules in a containment field and he's out of the fight. He starts talking while Vulcan starts absorbing or manipulating and Hulk would get knocked the ###k out. Both can fly unlike the other two. Both can create energy fields. Both can manipulate energy and mind rape. Team two wins the majority of the fight.

WhiteWitchKing
OMG... I never said that Thor was a chump... Thor versatility is next to none and he is by far one of the most powerful Heralds and that's including Gladiator. Thor would lose to Current Hulk though and I gave my reasons why. By looking at Savage Hulk and Thor fights in the past and looking at how Savage Hulk and Thor last fight went... Thor would probably need a partner to face WWH.

Lol... Thor didn't nearly kill Rulk by himself... he dive bombed him; basically snuck attacked him and pressed his attack. Then he ran up on a Rulk that JUST got through destroying him BEFORE taking two all out hammer shots to the face and body. Then let's not include that after destroying Thor, he fell from the moon to Earth head first and after getting out of the big a** hole that he created... Hulk was right in front of his face ready to fight. Thor fought an exausted Rulk. Let's put it like this, Rulk went through more than what Thor went through before facing Void.

What the hell? Yes, Zeus would manhandle Thor. The current Odin and Thor fight is proof enough of this. Thor got taken out in 2 panels from a weakened Odin.

Surfer drains Hulk for the win... kind of different than fighting him the way he fights Thor don't you think?

Like I said, this isn't to make Thor look weak because he is very powerful but he would lose against Current Hulk and badly at that.

Thor is more versatile then the others but he never uses that against Hulk. Thor's anti-matter blast and Godly blast is conceivably more power than Bolt but when has he ever used that against Hulk?

God blast aside, Bolt's whisper has taken out both Hulk and Gladiator. Bolt beaten Hulk three times in their meeting while Hulk has won nothing. That's more than Thor can say. And at no time did Bolt need to resort to a scream to beat Hulk.

The most powerful here is Thor if he uses his god blast. But combat wise, Bolt is the most power because he actually uses his whisper more often. Thor's lightning comes into play but both Vulcan and Bolt can atleast manipulate than and redirect it. Gladiator's blitz would keep Thor busy long enough to prevent him from throwing an onslaught of lightning on team 2. Every time they've fought Gladiator's speed have been a factor in making him a formidable foe for Thor. It's not changing in this fight.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, not sure. why did it fail? anyone?

He couldn't handle WWH's power. Same with Darwin.

BattleMage
Team 1

Black bolt z
I still think it goes like this:

Vulcan notices the large amount of energy eminating from hulk and drains him.

Glads can hold thor off for long enough so BB can beat Herc(mabye with some help from vulcan) and then they double or triple team thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.