Women should not have equal rights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Non Jihadist

Robtard
IBC

Non Jihadist
Originally posted by Robtard
IBC

I hope this is not closed and we can debate Allah's message with the sinful womens liberation movement of the west.

Nephthys
Wow, not one thing you said argued that women are not equal to men. Worst. Mysoginist. Ever.

inimalist
lol, I hate wasting the time to do serious responses to such obvious trollage, however, Muslim feminists would agree that there are different roles ascribed to men and women in the Quran, yet, the Quran also outlines how these roles are complimentary and just as important, if not equal in the sense of what specific things the members of either gender are allowed to do.

if the thread isn't just closed, I love this topic, so ya.... lots of opportunity to rant smile

Non Jihadist
Originally posted by inimalist
lol, I hate wasting the time to do serious responses to such obvious trollage, however, Muslim feminists would agree that there are different roles ascribed to men and women in the Quran, yet, the Quran also outlines how these roles are complimentary and just as important, if not equal in the sense of what specific things the members of either gender are allowed to do.

if the thread isn't just closed, I love this topic, so ya.... lots of opportunity to rant smile

True Muslim women would not be feminists.

They will go to hell,

Peace be with you.

inimalist
there is a difference between a feminist and a Muslim feminist, though I'm sure you were well aware of this fact

Non Jihadist
A Muslim feminist is not trained by her husband enough.

Non Jihadist
Originally posted by Nephthys
Wow, not one thing you said argued that women are not equal to men. Worst. Mysoginist. Ever.

No it is the word of ~Allah.

Nephthys
Wow, not one thing you Allah said argued that women are not equal to men. Worst. Mysoginist. Ever.

inimalist
Originally posted by Non Jihadist
A Muslim feminist is not trained by her husband enough.

that isnt correct. a Muslim feminist thinks such training makes her a better Muslim and is therefore something to be celebrated

oppression is freedom basically

Non Jihadist
that isnt correct. a Muslim feminist thinks such training makes her a better Muslim and is therefore something to be celebrated

Allah be praised.

Non Jihadist

Allah is the way.

inimalist
moomtez zauji, jaiyed shai wa toofil

siriuswriter
Hey pal, I wear makeup, i wear red lipstick or sparkly pink lipstick, have nail polish on my fingers and toes, have piercings, am going to get a tattoo, and a while ago i cut my hair as short than some boys I know. Two of my friends are a lesbian couple, I have a close friend that's gay, I wear open-toed sandals or flip-flops, and sometimes I wear heels. I wear tank-tops, and i've slept in the nude.

I like to shave my legs so they're smooth and look better, I put on perfume so I smell nice, and spend my money on fancy jewelry and fancy clothes. I read all the time. I've read forbidden books and banned books and books about the flaws in my own culture and in other cultures. I went to school, elementary, middle, and high school, plus college. I write stories for a living. I have one male nuclear relative - my father - and he encourages me to be independent and do the things I want to do. I will be the one to choose who I love and marry.

Yeah, I know you think I'm inferior and sinful and a seductress and need to be guided by a man in everything. I don't give a rat's ass.

And guess what? Your expressed opinions make me think you're the inferior one.

And if there are any guys or girls out there who understand and/or are okay with my lifestyle, they probably dislike you a bit too.

Finally, this should go in the religion section. I'm reporting for for both this reason and because these words are offensive and inappropriate in this particular forum.

inimalist
that's not cool at all. free speech until someone gets offended?

Non Jihadist

Thank you my friend. I am off to pray for a bit.

Peace be with you.

Bardock42
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Hey pal, I wear makeup, i wear red lipstick or sparkly pink lipstick, have nail polish on my fingers and toes, have piercings, am going to get a tattoo, and a while ago i cut my hair as short than some boys I know. Two of my friends are a lesbian couple, I have a close friend that's gay, I wear open-toed sandals or flip-flops, and sometimes I wear heels. I wear tank-tops, and i've slept in the nude.

I like to shave my legs so they're smooth and look better, I put on perfume so I smell nice, and spend my money on fancy jewelry and fancy clothes. I read all the time. I've read forbidden books and banned books and books about the flaws in my own culture and in other cultures. I went to school, elementary, middle, and high school, plus college. I write stories for a living. I have one male nuclear relative - my father - and he encourages me to be independent and do the things I want to do. I will be the one to choose who I love and marry.

Yeah, I know you think I'm inferior and sinful and a seductress and need to be guided by a man in everything. I don't give a rat's ass.

And guess what? Your expressed opinions make me think you're the inferior one.

And if there are any guys or girls out there who understand and/or are okay with my lifestyle, they probably dislike you a bit too.

Finally, this should go in the religion section. I'm reporting for for both this reason and because these words are offensive and inappropriate in this particular forum.

I always wanted to put on nail varnish, it seems like an excellent fashion addition. Might do that sometime.

skekUng

Sounds pretty much like Christianity and Judaism when you get right down to it.

Praise Allah that we've had a few thousand years to get over his bullshit, no matter which name we call him.

skekUng

oppression is worship, basically.

inimalist
Originally posted by skekUng
Sounds pretty much like Christianity and Judaism when you get right down to it.

sort of

the difference is, feminism that has emerged from those traditions was entirely critical of religion, whereas Muslim Feminism does whatever it can to not criticize the religious tradition

oppression is worship, basically.

you worship the things you oppress?

or, if you mean, worship is oppression, I don't really agree. There are many Muslim women who deny muslim feminism. It is entirely possible to be religious and have egalitarian views on people, imho at least

skekUng
sort of

the difference is, feminism that has emerged from those traditions was entirely critical of religion, whereas Muslim Feminism does whatever it can to not criticize the religious tradition

you worship the things you oppress?

or, if you mean, worship is oppression, I don't really agree. There are many Muslim women who deny muslim feminism. It is entirely possible to be religious and have egalitarian views on people, imho at least

the origins of the role of women that was allowed to propogate was what inspired that criticism. Originally, in the texts of the earliest Christian cults, women had significantly larger and equal roles in the religious society. So, in the case of Islam, to enjoy your oppression is to worship, correctly.

TacDavey
Reading this has shown me how very similar this view is to that of the Qun from Dragon Age 2. sad

I might not agree with it, but if you honestly believe that, then that's your choice. It's not going to make you popular to claim someone is inferior to another simply because they were born a different gender. This, I cannot accept.

inimalist
the origins of the role of women that was allowed to propogate was what inspired that criticism. Originally, in the texts of the earliest Christian cults, women had significantly larger and equal roles in the religious society. So, in the case of Islam, to enjoy your oppression is to worship, correctly.

if you think the only way to be a Muslim is through explicit literalism with regard to the Quran, sure. But that is the same of nearly every book, let alone religious text, that was written before 1800.

I suppose some societies have been more egalitarian in some regards, but even societies where women might have played a larger role in religious administration can hardly be called equal. Greece, Rome, Egypt, etc, all had very male centric authority structures. Even the places, such as Gaul or whatnot, that are look to as beacons of equality in the ancient world are really only equal relatively, I don't think women have ever had as much freedom as they have had in modern western society.

skekUng
I don't think women have ever had as much freedom as they have had in modern western society.

I agree with that entirely.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Bardock42
I always wanted to put on nail varnish, it seems like an excellent fashion addition. Might do that sometime.

You can always use a "top coat" clear varnish. It makes your nails look healthier without all that fuss in choosing a color. Or if you wanted to closet your nails, try fire engine red on your toes. Fire engine red is so invigorating and naughty-feeling. wink

siriuswriter

just vocalizing my opinion.

sorry for the double posting.

Lord Lucien
What the hell is a "Muss Lamb"?

TacDavey
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What the hell is a "Muss Lamb"?

The mascot for the University of Utah's basketball, soccer, and football fan club?

... eek!

Alright, no one's going to get that one... ermm

lil bitchiness

Ushgarak
Clear troll; closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.