How do I heal myself?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai4Hire
I have Anxiety and Panic Attacks I have been stressed out in my life for so long I have manifested actual medical conditions. (Most of anxiety is about thinking you will die but thhere is no "Real" threat) I am on Xanax and Oxycodone and I want to quit all of it. I am finding it very,very difficult to do, well impossible. I need an esoteric approach some way to tap into a higher conscious or ..I dont know i am desperate. If anyone has any experience or ideas of how i can get off these meds. I want to live a normal life. I am going to school to be a Paramedic and they will not hire me with these conditions not only will they thinkit will hinder me ut i take narcotics so .....any help would be much appreciated.

Liberator
Anxiety is something I've had to deal with for most of my life, and I'm proud to say I am not on any medications.

First things first, those pills they are giving you are not natural so I really don't suggest taking them there are natural solutions in dealing with these sorts of things. The problem is that you develop a sort of addiction to those medications which makes it harder to live without them, it can be done.

You need to find something that takes you out of a situation and into the recesses of your own mind. The best thing you can do if you are in a public situation is to use a visual and guide your mind through it.

Breathe very, very slowly and erase thoughts from your mind except for simple things like:

My feet are on the ground.
I am safe.

It takes practice, you aren't going to get over it in a week. Learn meditation techniques, exercise helps too.

Samurai4Hire
Originally posted by Liberator
Anxiety is something I've had to deal with for most of my life, and I'm proud to say I am not on any medications.

First things first, those pills they are giving you are not natural so I really don't suggest taking them there are natural solutions in dealing with these sorts of things. The problem is that you develop a sort of addiction to those medications which makes it harder to live without them, it can be done.

You need to find something that takes you out of a situation and into the recesses of your own mind. The best thing you can do if you are in a public situation is to use a visual and guide your mind through it.

Breathe very, very slowly and erase thoughts from your mind except for simple things like:

My feet are on the ground.
I am safe.

It takes practice, you aren't going to get over it in a week. Learn meditation techniques, exercise helps too.

Thanx but what do you mean exercise will this stop it or do i do it when its happening?

ADarksideJedi
I also have those promblems it does not happen that offen but I am not on Meds for that either.The best thing to do is go to the bathroom and splash some water on your face and tell yourself that you are fine and that it is no big deal.

Bicnarok

Bicnarok

siriuswriter
I have had these kinds of attacks for most of my life, because of a traumatic childhood disease. When you start to feel a panic attack coming on, there are several things to try and keep yourself calm. One thing you can try and calm breathing techniques. The goal of these techniques is to slow down your breathing, so panic decreases. You want to try to breathe in through your nose, and out through your mouth. Your goal is to breathe in for 8 counts and out for 8 counts, which is harder that you might think. Star breathing in and out as slow as you can, and then try to work up.

Another thing you can try is something called progressive relaxation. This is when you concentrate on different parts of the body, starting with your feet. You try to imagine slowly circling you feet, and when you feel calm through doing that, you add your ankles. Keep imagining and adding different body parts until you're imaging that your whole body is circling very, very slowly. This is most helpful if your body is at rest, I would suggest lying down, but if you can relax enough in a chair you can learn to do it alongside daily activities.

If you're taking multiple xanax at the same time, try to wean yourself down by taking a pill away every week. Do NOT quit taking them cold turkey unless you're prepared for serious withdrawal that involves piercing headaches, extreme nausea and vomiting. Expect to spend about a month needing to lie down in a dark and quiet room. It's not fun, so try the weaning process instead.

If none of these things work, then SOMETHING is causing your panic attacks. If they're bothering you that often, and you're not having them so you can take the medication, then get an appointment with a PSYCHIATRIST. You'll have an appointment that will probably take about an hour, they'll ask you questions about your lifestyle, you'll fill out a form in the waiting room, you'll tell them how often you have panic attacks and what you're thinking about when you get them, and they may or may not prescribe something for you.

RE: Blaxican
I just take tons of drugs to deal with my stress issues. It seems to work

inimalist
/thread

go see a real mental health professional, or, do the exact opposite of what people on the internet say

BruceSkywalker
call forth your chi and don't hit something that is iron laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Stress and anxiety? Sounds like a problem for marijuana...

Samurai4Hire
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Stress and anxiety? Sounds like a problem for marijuana...

Weed makes it worse. And the deep breath thing does nothing for me. IDK I appriciate all the responses but its the same retheric ive gottn for ever that does not work. Although keeping bussy , and when i am not, work out. life just sucks. Bill Hicks said life was just a ride but i want off but i gont want to Die. I need Aliens to snag me and bring me to their place that would rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.