Silver Surfer vs. Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Who wins?

Norrin is not allowed to go physical

Grinning Goku
Norrin every time.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Norrin every time.

guy222
ss

WhiteWitchKing
Norrin puts Vulcan in his board after he gets annoyed by the whole fight. Vulcan does far better than Cable but Surfer would still beat him down.

SpiritStalker
I thought Silver Surfer can shut down mutant' powers

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by SpiritStalker
I thought Silver Surfer can shut down mutant' powers
thumb up

carver9
Vulcan wins this and look at the Warlock fight if you want to know why. Vulcan had Warlock running due to Vulcan manipulation of energy.

Vulcan is a da** beast.

SS would stomp. he has not turned any mutant's powers off. vulcan wouldnt offer SS a fight anywhere close to the one cable did.

Originally posted by carver9
Vulcan wins this and look at the Warlock fight if you want to know why. Vulcan had Warlock running due to Vulcan manipulation of energy.

Vulcan is a da** beast. so what? SS is a better energy manipulator than vulcan and would trounce magival warlock just the same.

Mindset
Has SS ever manipulated magical energy?

Originally posted by Mindset
Has SS ever manipulated magical energy? not to my knowledge. I didnt mean he would replicate vulcan's feat. just that he would trounce warlock

Naija boy
Has SS ever manipulated magical energy?

SS synthesized the Odin force.

Originally posted by Naija boy
SS synthesized the Odin force. is that the same though? as manipualting a magical atrtack directed against him?

Naija boy
Originally posted by 753
is that the same though? as manipualting a magical atrtack directed against him?

hmm well if u mean if he has done it to someone he was fighting then i cant recall any time of that...but seeing as its within his abilities then thats probly CIS/PIS .

Anyhow SS wins.

carver9
Originally posted by 753
so what? SS is a better energy manipulator than vulcan and would trounce magival warlock just the same.

He wasn't just manipulating the energy, he was draining the hell out of Warlock... chewing at his power. Silver Surfer is a blaster and Vulcan can turn that sh** on him as plain as day. Silver Surfer only offense is to go physical and even then its debatable. Vulcan was mind wacking/draining/ turning people powers the hell off with nothing but a wave of his hands.

This isn't a fight for Surfer at all... no matter how you look at it.

Naija boy
He wasn't just manipulating the energy, he was draining the hell out of Warlock... chewing at his power. Silver Surfer is a blaster and Vulcan can turn that sh** on him as plain as day. Silver Surfer only offense is to go physical and even then its debatable. Vulcan was mind wacking/draining/ turning people powers the hell off with nothing but a wave of his hands.

lol, carver please keep ur foolishness in superman threads. Draining the hell out of warlock....and? Surfer can energy drain as well. Surfer has better energy manip feats tha vulcan. Him reversing SS eergy upon him is highly unlikely. SS is faster,stronger, more durable, ad a better energy manipulator.

Surfer wins no matter how you look at it.....

Mindset
Vulcan drains him.

celeyhyga17
It prolly won't be that easy for Surfer to win. He still wins in the end.

carver9
lol, carver please keep ur foolishness in superman threads. Draining the hell out of warlock....and? Surfer can energy drain as well. Surfer has better energy manip feats tha vulcan. Him reversing SS eergy upon him is highly unlikely. SS is faster,stronger, more durable, ad a better energy manipulator.

Surfer wins no matter how you look at it.....

Like I said... during mid battle, Vulcan is mimicking/using Warlock own powers against him. I don't get what makes Surfers cosmic energy so different when he has done the same thing against cosmic entities.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0774/p05

This isn't a fight for Surfer.

inimalist

yes, but that showing against Warlock is an extremely high showing, especially given the beating Havok and Polaris give Vuclan at different times in the same series.

Vulcan certainly doesn't have the consistency that would put him anywhere near Warlock or Surfer levels

Naija boy
Like I said... during mid battle, Vulcan is mimicking/using Warlock own powers against him. I don't get what makes Surfers cosmic energy so different when he has done the same thing against cosmic entities.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0774/p05

This isn't a fight for Surfer.

Hmm how about Surfer being a better overall energy manipulator than
warlock? Seriously Surfer =/= warlock. they dont even have the same powerset....

Like anything u say....u are wrong and talking out of ur ass, and there isnt much else to it.

carver9
Originally posted by inimalist
yes, but that showing against Warlock is an extremely high showing, especially given the beating Havok and Polaris give Vuclan at different times in the same series.

Vulcan certainly doesn't have the consistency that would put him anywhere near Warlock or Surfer levels

CIS played a major part in their battles and Havok was powered by a star... we have no type of indication of how powerful he was.

When Vulcan fought people outside of the Xmen, he raped them... hell, the guy killed 90% of the Shiar crew when he wasn't even as powerful as his latest showings.

carver9
Hmm how about Surfer being a better overall energy manipulator than
warlock? Seriously Surfer =/= warlock. they dont even have the same powerset....

Like anything u say....u are wrong and talking out of ur ass, and there isnt much else to it.

Wow... so Warlock has never manipulated energy?

What if I show you Vulcan tampering with the phoenix force (Rachels powers).

Naija boy

Im sure uve been told this by many people...... learn how to read......point out where i mentioned warlock hasnt manipulated energy....smh. i said he doesnt have the same powerset as surfer and hence isnt as high a class energy manipulator than surfer. he doesnt have as wide a range of energy manip feats as surfer ad hence isnt interchangeable with surfer. The logic is easy enough to get (or should be at least).

Though i know who im talking to so i wont hold my breath.

celeyhyga17

was that in Xmen kingbreaker?

lets see it..

smile

kgkg

inimalist
CIS played a major part in their battles and Havok was powered by a star... we have no type of indication of how powerful he was.

When Vulcan fought people outside of the Xmen, he raped them... hell, the guy killed 90% of the Shiar crew when he wasn't even as powerful as his latest showings.

Havok fought and defeated Vulcan at least twice in that series when he wasn't powered by a star. Black Bolt annhiliated him.

vulcan is not that powerful

carver9
Originally posted by inimalist
Havok fought and defeated Vulcan at least twice in that series when he wasn't powered by a star. Black Bolt annhiliated him.

vulcan is not that powerful

Ummm... no he didn't. Vulcan defeated Havok along with the entire Xmen on more than one occassion.

inimalist
1 - on the ship, Starjammers rescue Polaris, Havok oneshots Vulcan

2 - at one of Vulcan's addresses, Polaris and Havok beat Vulcan

3 - An amped Havok has his way with Vulcan

I think that is all the times the two have fought...

and Silver Surfer would toy with the X men, whereas Vulcan has trouble with 2-3 of them at once, even in his origin story (imho, his highest showing outside of the Warlock fiasco)

Nihilist
Surfer wins.

black bolt killed vulcan. SS would destroy him. warlock's power was quantum magic, not energy manipulation. he could weave spells that controlled energy, but it wasnt his primary power and SS's energy manipulation feats>>>vulcan's

Blair Wind
Someone post the Quasar vs Silver Surfer fight. I pretty much see it going the same way - just replace Quasar with Vulcan.

carver9
Black Bolt didn't kill Vulcan. As for this topic... I will discuss this later on tonight so prep yourself (at work).

Mindset

inimalist
Black Bolt didn't kill Vulcan. As for this topic... I will discuss this later on tonight so prep yourself (at work).

lol, bring it on

bbrem123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Someone post the Quasar vs Silver Surfer fight. I pretty much see it going the same way - just replace Quasar with Vulcan.

yup pretty much

Black Bolt didn't kill Vulcan. As for this topic... I will discuss this later on tonight so prep yourself (at work). yeah he did. killed him dead too. in the end the bomb took them both down, but it was obvious that BB had won.

Mindset
Sometimes I think carver is the only one on this site that reads comics.

Sometimes I think carver is the only one on this site that reads comics. I get that feeling too.

inimalist
Sometimes I think carver is the only one on this site that reads comics.

comics?

carver9
Originally posted by 753
I get that feeling too.

Stop being sarcastic... mad

Look at all of my debates involving Surfer... I know the character.

This has nothing to do with that... I would just give Vulcan the edge in this fight... I am going to prove this... give me a couple of hours.

inimalist
I posted most of Vulcan's top feats in one of Kandy's draft threads. What particular instance do you think puts him above Surfer?

EDIT: it is probably there, and I can quote it for you

Black bolt z
Black Bolt didn't kill Vulcan. As for this topic... I will discuss this later on tonight so prep yourself (at work). Yeah he pretty much had him dead...

inimalist

leonidas
in THEORY ss should be exactly the type of character vulcan wtfstomps. however, since he's got nothing to SHOW it, he likely GETS stomped. erm

i'd be rooting for vulcan though. be cool to see an omega actually live up to their billing for once.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by leonidas
in THEORY ss should be exactly the type of character vulcan wtfstomps. however, since he's got nothing to SHOW it, he likely GETS stomped. erm

i'd be rooting for vulcan though. be cool to see an omega actually live up to their billing for once. Wasn't onslaught an Omega?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wasn't onslaught an Omega? Onslaught was Charles.

Nate and Franklin were Omega though

-Pr-
Surfer imo. Far more accomplished energy manipulator.

i'd be rooting for vulcan though. be cool to see an omega actually live up to their billing for once.

Being an Omega isn't exactly that special, imo.

inimalist
it doesn't indicate power at all. Elixer is an omega, and he is barely above street with CIS on.

Mindset
He has a death touch, ini, A DEATH TOUCH!

inimalist
I've seen him give someone cancer, reluctantly...

I can't say he strikes me as the killer type, but true, his power is really only held back by his personality

EDIT: yes, i know you are being sarcastic, but my brain requires that I answer things with robot like seriousness....

leonidas
Originally posted by -Pr-
Surfer imo. Far more accomplished energy manipulator.

Being an Omega isn't exactly that special, imo.

that's my point--for all the talk about them and their POTENTIAL, i'd like to see one (aside from franklin i guess) actually DO something.

-Pr-
that's my point--for all the talk about them and their POTENTIAL, i'd like to see one (aside from franklin i guess) actually DO something.

That's like asking X-Men writers to be respectful of their characters...

leonidas
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's like asking X-Men writers to be respectful of their characters...

heh. unfortunately true. well, one can hope. i was happy to see him beat warlock. at least it was something.

Simbon

Why? Earth has too many heavy-hitters as it is.

Simbon
Stop being sarcastic... mad

Look at all of my debates involving Surfer... I know the character.

This has nothing to do with that... I would just give Vulcan the edge in this fight... I am going to prove this... give me a couple of hours.

Ah yes, one of Carver's famous "I'll show you all when I post scans" moments. From the man who thinks Hulk > Zeus, Magneto > Thor > Surfer, and Gladiator > Superman. Sometimes I think you are from the land of Rand McNally.

"Id"
be cool to see an omega actually live up to their billing for once.

Haven't you heard? Legion warped the mess out off reality 616......... twice. awegimp

inimalist
Originally posted by Simbon
Sometimes I think you are from the land of Rand McNally.

I wont have you bad mouthing that find cartography company for no good reason

it was wrong when the simpsons did it, and it is wrong now!

Slaanesh
Surfer..Vulcan is not in Surfer level in any way..

carver9
Ah yes, one of Carver's famous "I'll show you all when I post scans" moments. From the man who thinks Hulk > Zeus, Magneto > Thor > Surfer, and Gladiator > Superman. Sometimes I think you are from the land of Rand McNally.

When did I say Hulk could beat Zeus?

Magneto has defeated Thor on panel along with some members of the Avengers.

Thor has defeated Surfer on panel.

My opinion on Superman and Glads have nothing to do with this topic.

Simbon

Thor has defeated Surfer on panel.

My opinion on Superman and Glads have nothing to do with this topic.

After Zeus completely fried hulk w/ a lightning bolt, you said: boy, hulk's really going to kick hi ass now. Afterwards, when Zeus kicked Hulk's shit in all over again, you said: man, hulk's going to destroy this guy in the rematch. Given what transpired in the comics, what could have made you say: "Man, Zeus is out of his league and clearly any future conflicts between the two will be entirely to the Olympian's credit"? Would Zeus have had to kill Hulk in order for you not to claim that Hulk would get the better of him next time?

Yes, Magneto has defeated Thor on Panel; and yes, Thor has defeated Surfer on panel. Now ask yourself why almost no one agrees with you that Magneto is superior to either Thor or Surfer.

Actually, your opinion on Gladiator and supes is not entirely unrelated to this topic, because 1) gladiator destroyed vulcan effortlessly, yet is inferior in power to the silver surfer, and 2) it is another example of cherry-picking feats -- you latch onto Vulcan's fight with Warlock in the same way you latch onto Gladiator's planet-smashing feat, while simultaneously ignoring the feats of other characters. Is manipulating Warlock's energy now more impressive than channeling the big crunch, or wafting away stars?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Do I need to dig for your pre-fight comments?

Yes, Magneto has defeated Thor on Panel;

Never happened.

carver9
After Zeus completely fried hulk w/ a lightning bolt, you said: boy, hulk's really going to kick hi ass now. Afterwards, when Zeus kicked Hulk's shit in all over again, you said: man, hulk's going to destroy this guy in the rematch. Given what transpired in the comics, what could have made you say: "Man, Zeus is out of his league and clearly any future conflicts between the two will be entirely to the Olympian's credit"? Would Zeus have had to kill Hulk in order for you not to claim that Hulk would get the better of him next time?

Yes, Magneto has defeated Thor on Panel; and yes, Thor has defeated Surfer on panel. Now ask yourself why almost no one agrees with you that Magneto is superior to either Thor or Surfer.

Actually, your opinion on Gladiator and supes is not entirely unrelated to this topic, because 1) gladiator destroyed vulcan effortlessly, yet is inferior in power to the silver surfer, and 2) it is another example of cherry-picking feats -- you latch onto Vulcan's fight with Warlock in the same way you latch onto Gladiator's planet-smashing feat, while simultaneously ignoring the feats of other characters. Is manipulating Warlock's energy now more impressive than channeling the big crunch, or wafting away stars?

Ok, first I don't know you and never debated against or with you.

Second... damn you are right about what I said about Hulk and Zeus BUT I wasn't in any lost when he did lose though... I accepted it.

Did I ever say that Magneto was greater than Thor? Magneto just have the powerset to take on most people but on a chain, I would put Thor above Magneto since, well, I consider Thor low to mid trans. I would give Blink the edge against NUMEROUS of people over her tier but that doesn't make her more powerful. I would give Emma wins over a lot of people over her tier as well. Do you not understand this?

Who said that I cling on to Gladiator planet smashing feat when he has done so much more liiiike... one shot Heralds, tank Heralds blast... rip through people... contained a solar system destroying blast... killed a phoenix...swimmed through a star 100 million miles wide... pushed planet size objects...stalemated Invisible Woman who was amped to insane levels... and have some of the best blitzing feats out of the heralds and have the best clocked time for traveling speed. Heat vision temporarily stalemated Tyrants eye blast.

I don't need to cling on to one feat.

How about you stay on topic and stop derailing the thread buddy.

i'd be rooting for vulcan though. be cool to see an omega actually live up to their billing for once. legion, scarlet witch and franklin richards are doing alright for themselves, even far below them SNG and mr m packed a whole lot of power

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
legion, scarlet witch and franklin richards are doing alright for themselves, even far below them SNG and mr m packed a whole lot of power

i've heard legion is doing all right which is cool but i haven't been following the arc. SW isn't omega to my knowledge and i mentioned frank. i LIKED mr m but he really didn't deliver on his promise. would be cool if someone did something really good with him. not sure why i like the idea of omegas exactly. guess it seems to me it might lead to mutants interacting with characters they don't always interact with. of course there is always jean as well, but she's been portrayed sooooo inconsistently it's hard to even understand her character anymore.

i've heard legion is doing all right which is cool but i haven't been following the arc. SW isn't omega to my knowledge and i mentioned frank. i LIKED mr m but he really didn't deliver on his promise. would be cool if someone did something really good with him. not sure why i like the idea of omegas exactly. guess it seems to me it might lead to mutants interacting with characters they don't always interact with. of course there is always jean as well, but she's been portrayed sooooo inconsistently it's hard to even understand her character anymore. scarlet witch was never called an omega on panel, but there really is no way she isn't one. the most powerfull mutant in history, with abstract level powers, she pretty much embodies the concept of limitless potential and the rise of mutants to replace the current abstracts promised by x-men forever.

mjj too was never called an omega, but it's hard to look at it any other way.

darwin did good against hella recently, became a death god to battle her and pawned her in her game.

I like the omega concept as well, wish they'd develop more powers other than reality warping into their extremes like elixir manipulating a biosphere

leonidas
yeah i get the sw thing. she likely should be omega. not sure why she isn't. i like the darwin/hela thing. that's pretty cool. thumb up

elixir was always fascinating to me. i like vulcan as well--so much potential with a powerset like that. i always thought it was kind of cool that bobby was omega but even that seems to have trailed off some. it is a cool concept and deserves some more scrutiny imo from the writers. i always thought an omega mini or something like that would be cool. get it all out, define it a little better and allow some of the characters to grow. i think it could make for an awesome event--if the didn't screw it up.

Estacado
Vulcan is omega level.

Estacado
In all seriousness the whole Vulcan thing was fcuked up I mean an omega level energy manipulator should have whooped Black Bolt like he could just redirect his scream at him or just shield him self against him,He shouldn't have lost to Havok and Gladiator as well.

-Pr-
Blame Deathbird.

Estacado
Damn chiken woman!!!

"Id"

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Estacado
In all seriousness the whole Vulcan thing was fcuked up I mean an omega level energy manipulator should have whooped Black Bolt like he could just redirect his scream at him or just shield him self against him,He shouldn't have lost to Havok and Gladiator as well.

Then again even though he is a manipulator of almost every form of energy, he prolly is not quite a master of all forms.. A good example would the Bolt fight.. Bolt manipulates his brand of energy in his sleep...

-Pr-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.