Sephiroth vs Lavos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kosmic King
I origionally posted this in the wrong thread. So I'll post it here instead...

Who wins in a fight between the great but rather overrated half-angel Sephiroth (from Final Fantasy VII) and the ancient cosmic parasite Lavos (from Chrono Trigger)?

Not including feats from the Completation of VII or Chrono Chross. Just from the original games.

BloodRain
Lavos has hight durability but what can it do to harm Sephiroth? Only threat is some life-wiping lasers.

What can the bug do?

Kosmic King
Well it contains the DNA of every life-form that has ever lived on the planet, at least since its arival 60 million years ago. Immense strength, threw a mountain on you during the final fight. Can survive in the void of space. Don't forget that it lived within the core of the Earth surrunded by lava and had the entire weight of the plant on it. Not to mention that its mere existance caused tears in the fabric of time.

MooCowofJustice
I'd give it a win over Silver Haired douchebaggery.

BloodRain
There a reason Seph can't beat it the same way the heroes did?

TheAuraAngel
Both at full power I presume?

Kosmic King
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Both at full power I presume?

Full power from the first games they appeared in.

Then maybe including the other appearances.

Kosmic King
Originally posted by BloodRain
There a reason Seph can't beat it the same way the heroes did?

There a reason Lavos can't kill him the way it killed Crono?

BloodRain
@___@ Haven't played Chrono Trigger so I'm asking you..

Nephthys
In Chrono Trigger, wasn't Lavos the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs? If he can survive an impact that big then I don't see Seph hurting him.

Kosmic King
He was. Then he instantly burrowed into the Earth, thus super speed.

TheAuraAngel
Out of curiosity, how did this guy die?

Nephthys
Death by Protagonists.

TheAuraAngel
Did these protagonists do anything special? Or did they hit him like they hit every enemy in the game?

Nephthys
It's an RPG. Every enemy can be felled by taking turns to whak it with swords. Sephiroth was killed the same way if you'll recall. erm

TheAuraAngel
Yes, I do recall. But as I do not know how Lavos was killed, it would be rather stupid for me to argue the amount of difficulty Sephiroth will have here unless I know whether special circumstances were present at the time of Lavos' defeat in CT.

Kosmic King
Lavos didn't actually fie, he was just sucked to the void...where it absorbed Schala and became the Time Devourer. But we're not using Chrono Cross feats.

elfirrepins
Two words. Super Nova. Not because of the damage, but because by the time the move is finished Lavos will die of old age.

Kuja9001
Lavos, call me when sephiroth actually destroys the world.

Kosmic King
Originally posted by elfirrepins
Two words. Super Nova. Not because of the damage, but because by the time the move is finished Lavos will die of old age.

He's already millions of years old.

SHM
Originally posted by Kosmic King
There a reason Lavos can't kill him the way it killed Crono?

Reunion.

Kosmic King
Originally posted by SHM
Reunion.

If you're talking of Advent Children that isn't included in this debate.

SHM
Originally posted by Kosmic King
If you're talking of Advent Children that isn't included in this debate.

No dude, I'm talking about FF7. Didn't you play it?
Sephiroth can eventually regenerate his entire body through Reunion, like he did in the game, and like Jenova did before him.
The only way to trully kill Sephiroth for good, is to destroy every single Jenova-cell in existence. Something the attack Lavos used to kill Chrono, cannot do.

However, I agree that Lavos wins. He is MUCH more powerful than Sephiroth-Jenova, being able to destroy entire civilizations in minutes and even controll time.
But he would need more than what he used on Chrono.

Kuja9001
Originally posted by SHM
Sephiroth can eventually regenerate his entire body through Reunion, like he did in the game, and like Jenova did before him.
The only way to trully kill Sephiroth for good, is to destroy every single Jenova-cell in existence. Something the attack Lavos used to kill Chrono, cannot do.

However, I agree that Lavos wins. He is MUCH more powerful than Sephiroth-Jenova, being able to destroy entire civilizations in minutes and even controll time.
But he would need more than what he used on Chrono.

So an attack that disintegrates stuff can't disintegrate some cells?

Kosmic King
Originally posted by SHM

I never finished it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.