Beer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
What is, in your opinion, the best type of/your favorite beer?

What's the worst?

TALK BEER.

Scythe
Don't drink beer, despise the taste. Prefer something stronger and more expensive.

Rogue Jedi
Best: Shiner Bock

Worst: Magnum malt liquor

Impediment
My favorites: Heineken, shiner Bock, Budweiser, Killian's Red, and Dos Equis.

Worst: any malt beer, Busch, and Natural Light.

Mairuzu
Blue moon. Fat Tire. Dos equis.

RE: Blaxican
Best beer ever is Olde English 800 313

Mairuzu
rather have sake

lord xyz
Carling no expression

Naz
Favorite Beer: Abita Purple Haze

Least Fav: Pabst blue ribbon

Dave_97
shas hasd

Slay
Best: Grolsch, Jupiler, La Chouffe, Brand Urtyp, Alfa

Worst: Heineken, Amstel, Baron, Budweiser (had it once in Spain, tasted like water)

Robtard
Best: Guinness
Worst: Every other beer

Digi
Hm.

There aren't many beers I won't drink. I love beer. I brew my own as well.

IPAs are probably the safest genre of beer for me, I've never really met one I didn't like. Well, one, but it didn't count for other reasons.

Among those I generally don't like as much (but again, will always drink) are "wheat" beers, anything with fruit in the title, Belgium beers, most things eastern European unfortunately, and "lite" beers.

Favorites are Octoberfests, Browns, and IPAs probably.

I'm neutral toward some like lagers, stouts, pumpkin ales, ESB's, and a few others. They can run the gamut from "meh" to delicious.

For specific beers, Brew Kettle's Copperhead Red:
http://www.thebrewkettle.com/bop/selects.html
A few ones from Great Lakes brewing:
http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beer/an-exceptional-family-of-beers/year-round
...like their Burning River, Dortmunder, and Elliot Ness.
Sam Adam's makes a great Oktoberfest too.
And "Big Two-Hearted Ale" from Bell Brewery. An IPA, but very different from most.
I've also brewed a few of my favorites ever, or have brewed them alongside a couple of my friends who also brew, but obviously they wouldn't be recognized.

Anyone else a beer junky? Like, favorite hops, processes, styles, etc. I'm actually drinking some home brew as I type this. Good topic.

happy

Robtard
Originally posted by Digi
Hm.

Anyone else a beer junky? Like, favorite hops, processes, styles, etc. I'm actually drinking some home brew as I type this. Good topic.

Here you go, bro.

Kelly_Bean
Bud Light ftw.

I haven't tried many others. Hate Milwaukee's Best though. D:

Rogue Jedi
EW Milwaukees Best. Tastes like Goblin piss.

Dave_97
i've sampled a few beers, and so far the only one i like is James Ready

Mr. Bacon
Sam Adams, Shock Top Raspberry Wheat, Blue Moon Spring Blonde. Harpoon UFO

Digi
Originally posted by Robtard
Here you go, bro.

Pfft. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been drunk in my life, maybe two hands if you include the amorphic "buzzed" (whatever that's supposed to mean). Beer's too thick to get drunk on (at least what I normally drink), also too thick to have more than about 2 most times, and I'm not a fan of liquor as a general rule. Brewing's a hobby for me, it's fun, and allows me and my friends to be creative about what we do. And beer is delicious, and that's about it.

Anyway, doesn't seem like my attempt to drum up discussion worked too well.

srug

dadudemon
No, there's plenty of discussion to be had.

Most kids these days get drunk from hard alcohol.

Anyway, on to beer.

Best beer? Well, there's so man categories that just a "best beer" doesn't really count, I feel.

In categories:

Wheat Beer:
Porter:
Stout Beers:
Pale Beers:
Dark Lagers:
Fruit Beers:
Warm Beers (beers that are made specifically to be served warm):
Sweet Beers (beers that are supposed to be sweet, which can nicely overlap with fruit beers and "Christmas" beers, at times):
Ales:

Best overall?

I'd be partial to the seasonal sweet beers that are supposed to be served warm, have a hint of cinnamon, and are just right on the sweetness/sugar. They can range in flavor as most are very small batch brews that can pop-up at various events. Some are mediocre and some are absolutely wonderful.

As far as a more traditional? Probaby a German brew beer:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10902/42664

It will obviously be "sweeter" than a bitter UK Pale or most beers for that matter, but it has a very robust flavor that even non-beer drinkers may like. It's unique, that's for sure. Good luck getting some outside of beer events. I don't know if you can purchase it online.

~Bun Bun~
I don't like beer. Maybe I just haven't tried enough types.
Let's see what have I had.. Busch, Budweiser, Bud light, Heineken, Milwaukees Best, Magnum & Cobra malt liquor... Oh and Icehouse and some beer with lime in it.
I think that's it...

I'm more of a liquor person. Hell even better, give me something that doesn't taste like alcohol. Like Tequila Rose or Pucker. Yum!

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
EW Milwaukees Best. Tastes like Goblin piss.

Ha kudos! Good one there mad eye stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Ax3l
Originally posted by Digi
Hm.

IPAs are probably the safest genre of beer for me, I've never really met one I didn't like. Well, one, but it didn't count for other reasons.

Among those I generally don't like as much (but again, will always drink) are "wheat" beers, anything with fruit in the title, Belgium beers, most things eastern European unfortunately, and "lite" beers.

Favorites are Octoberfests, Browns, and IPAs probably.

I'm neutral toward some like lagers, stouts, pumpkin ales, ESB's, and a few others. They can run the gamut from "meh" to delicious.

For specific beers, Brew Kettle's Copperhead Red:
http://www.thebrewkettle.com/bop/selects.html
A few ones from Great Lakes brewing:
http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beer/an-exceptional-family-of-beers/year-round
...like their Burning River, Dortmunder, and Elliot Ness.
Sam Adam's makes a great Oktoberfest too.
And "Big Two-Hearted Ale" from Bell Brewery. An IPA, but very different from most.
I've also brewed a few of my favorites ever, or have brewed them alongside a couple of my friends who also brew, but obviously they wouldn't be recognized.

happy

Contained in this post is the greatest beer ever brewed.

That would be Two Hearted from Bells Brewery. Lived 10 minutes away from the brewery/bar, and that was my favorite beer there. They had awesome seasonal beers, but nothing ever came close to Two Hearted.

Digi
Originally posted by Ax3l
Contained in this post is the greatest beer ever brewed.

That would be Two Hearted from Bells Brewery. Lived 10 minutes away from the brewery/bar, and that was my favorite beer there. They had awesome seasonal beers, but nothing ever came close to Two Hearted.

Ha! I'm actually a fan of the short stories the name is based on too (Hemingway's early work in "In Our Time"wink, so it's just awesome all around.

Bell's is a solid brewery. I'm partial to Great Lakes, but it might be because that was the microbrew I first latched onto when I began loving beer.

Originally posted by dadudemon
No, there's plenty of discussion to be had.

Most kids these days get drunk from hard alcohol.

Anyway, on to beer.

Best beer? Well, there's so man categories that just a "best beer" doesn't really count, I feel.

In categories:
Wheat Beer:
Porter:
Stout Beers:
Pale Beers:
Dark Lagers:
Fruit Beers:
Warm Beers (beers that are made specifically to be served warm):
Sweet Beers (beers that are supposed to be sweet, which can nicely overlap with fruit beers and "Christmas" beers, at times):
Ales:

Best overall?
I'd be partial to the seasonal sweet beers that are supposed to be served warm, have a hint of cinnamon, and are just right on the sweetness/sugar. They can range in flavor as most are very small batch brews that can pop-up at various events. Some are mediocre and some are absolutely wonderful.

As far as a more traditional? Probaby a German brew beer:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10902/42664

It will obviously be "sweeter" than a bitter UK Pale or most beers for that matter, but it has a very robust flavor that even non-beer drinkers may like. It's unique, that's for sure. Good luck getting some outside of beer events. I don't know if you can purchase it online.

Cool. Not always a fan of Germans, unfortunately, but I drink most anything at least to try it.

You'd probably like this one I brewed last Christmas, which included cedar chips (soaked in the secondary fermenter), cinnamon, and essence of spruce. Tasted like an actual pine christmas tree.

Impediment
Grolsch is some pretty good beer that I forgot to mention.

Digi
Had a Bourbon-Aged Cask Ale from Erie Brewing Co. the other day. Tastes like f-ing bourbon. So delicious.

Eon Blue
I'm not big on beer one bit, but if I had to choose there's only one drinkable beer that just happens to be my favorite.

Delirium Tremens. The Delirium Nocturnum variation is also lovely. Lovely, lovely beer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.