Mister Sinister vs Dr Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Random encounter, straight up fight, no prep, no bfr.

Who wins ?

chomperx9
Sinister

Mindset
Doom.

Not sure how Sinister would win, he has no answer for magic.

Also, Chomper picking Sinister helps my case.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom.

thumb up

chomperx9
Doom.

Also, Chomper picking Sinister helps my case. picked sinister over somebody's Doom fanboyism stick out tongue

Sinister still mindrapes doom though BTW without doom having prep.

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
picked sinister over somebody's Doom fanboyism stick out tongue

Sinister still mindrapes doom though BTW without doom having prep. How is Sinister mindraping Doom through Doom's automatic tp defense that's built into his suit?

rotiart
Seriously this has never been done?!....

If you go by best showings in this op I'd go with doom...
But as an average... Doom let Luke cage in his house... He hasn't shown himself to be the uber king... And in an average showing battle I'd favor sinister...

chomperx9
How is Sinister mindraping Doom through Doom's automatic tp defense that's built into his suit? what evidence do u have that his armor has automatic TP defense, without doom preping 1st ?

Mindset
Originally posted by rotiart
Seriously this has never been done?!....

If you go by best showings in this op I'd go with doom...
But as an average... Doom let Luke cage in his house... He hasn't shown himself to be the uber king... And in an average showing battle I'd favor sinister... no expression

JakeTheBank
Sinister gets his ass kicked.

And yes, Doom has auto TP defense with his armor as shown when he told Emma to stop messing around, to say nothing of his actual willpower feats.

Mindset
what evidence do u have that his armor has automatic TP defense, without doom preping 1st ? When he used it against Emma w/o prep.

Serious question, do you even read comics with Doom in them? I only ask because you never seem to know what you're talking about.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/DoomArmor52-TelepathyBlockerSecretI.jpg

chomperx9
When he used it against Emma w/o prep.

Serious question, do you even read comics with Doom in them? I only ask because you never seem to know what you're talking about.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/DoomArmor52-TelepathyBlockerSecretI.jpg and he wasn't expecting her ?

Mindset
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CATVONAWESOME/FAIL/FACEPALM.gif

chomperx9
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CATVONAWESOME/FAIL/FACEPALM.gif as always the trolling face palm gif response when someone cannot answer a question

JakeTheBank
http://th13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/Chuck8062/Funny/th_Stone-Cold.gif

Mindset
as always the trolling face palm gif response when someone cannot answer a question Even if he did this specifically to prep for Emma, it's now built into his suit so he wouldn't need to prep for it in this fight.

Therefore:

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CATVONAWESOME/FAIL/FACEPALM.gif

chomperx9
Even if he did this specifically to prep for Emma, it's now built into his suit so he wouldn't need to prep for it in this fight.

Therefore:

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CATVONAWESOME/FAIL/FACEPALM.gif doesnt work that way here. I guess all Superman threads vs his arch enemies should be closed since alot of them have used a little kryptonite on him at one point. guess that means they have it on them for eternity to right ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

psycho gundam
Doom.

Mindset
doesnt work that way here. I guess all Superman threads vs his arch enemies should be closed since alot of them have used a little kryptonite on him at one point. guess that means they have it on them for eternity to right ? You are retarded.

There's simply no other explanation.

I'm not even going to try to skirt around the issue anymore.

chomperx9
You are retarded.

There's simply no other explanation.

I'm not even going to try to skirt around the issue anymore. you are just trying to give a doom an upgrade that he does not have in this fight.

JakeTheBank
doesnt work that way here. I guess all Superman threads vs his arch enemies should be closed since alot of them have used a little kryptonite on him at one point. guess that means they have it on them for eternity to right ?

That doesn't make any sense. At all, really.

Doom's armor is standard equipment, and unlike Iron Man's, he uses a single suit (usually) and adds and retrofits the single armor. He doesn't have "Doom-anti-telepathy armor". He has that defense built into his suit.

Superman rogues having Kryptonite generally doesn't count as them having it as standard equipment. Lex in his battlesuit is really just about the only one who would.

Mindset
you are just trying to give a doom an upgrade that he does not have in this fight. Yea, you're retarded.

chomperx9
Yea, you're retarded. OP said nothing about prep and anything about any previous upgrades doom has had. so double check who u call retard

And Where in Doom's description does it say anything about his armor being telepathy proof as his standard gear ?

Mindset
OP said nothing about prep and anything about any previous upgrades doom has had. so double check who u call retard

And Where in Doom's description does it say anything about his armor being telepathy proof as his standard gear ? How is this so hard to grasp. He is upgrading his standard gear...

Oh right, mental deficiency, go it.

JakeTheBank
OP said nothing about prep and anything about any previous upgrades doom has had. so double check who u call retard

And Where in Doom's description does it say anything about his armor being telepathy proof as his standard gear ?

It's not prep. erm

It's a feature that he added to his armor and his armor is standard gear. I don't see what's hard to get, really.

Doom has one (1) suit of armor and it constantly gets upgraded. It's been stated and shown through out virtually his entire history.

chomperx9
How is this so hard to grasp. He is upgrading his standard gear...

Oh right, mental deficiency, go it. That doesnt make it permanent. and what proof do u have that, that was a standard gear prep thingy and not a temp prep ?

i mean for real, I guess its ok to bring up Batman wins in any thread here, since he has used a GL ring before. so that means he has it for ever. roll eyes (sarcastic)

psycho gundam
just stop

Mindset
This guy is just too stupid to deal with right now.

I wish Phil were here, his condescending insults always bring a smile to my face.

chomperx9
This guy is just too stupid to deal with right now.

I wish Phil were here, his condescending insults always bring a smile to my face. want smiles ? turn on comedy central

And I bet you 100 bucks if it was Jean vs Doom nobody would be saying that Dooms encounter with emma was a perm upgrade to his armor.

Doctor-Alvis
It was shown all the way back in 1987 in Emperor Doom that Doctor Doom has safeguards that keep people out of his brains.

Sr J-Bieb
lol at chomper's trolling.

MetalIsDead
That doesnt make it permanent.

*sigh* Guys run out of kryptonite, and Bats doesn't use a ring because he isn't a GL. Now, why would Doom remove a very useful defense from his armor? just because of the lulz? confused

chomperx9
Originally posted by MetalIsDead
*sigh* Guys run out of kryptonite, and Bats doesn't use a ring because he isn't a GL. Now, why would Doom remove a very useful defense from his armor? just because of the lulz? confused still does not make it standard every day gear. if it does, then like I mentioned before no need to make Iron man threads or it would be stalemate with all his upgrades 24/7

JakeTheBank
still does not make it standard every day gear. if it does, then like I mentioned before no need to make Iron man threads or it would be stalemate with all his upgrades 24/7

A.) Iron Man has multiple suits, each with different functions outside of the ordinary. Some armor's have specific abilities the others do not. And his modern armors have the ability to access abilities and tech from some of the older ones, in addition to just being flat out superior to begin with.

B.) Again, Dr. Doom has the same armor outside of the very rare cases in which he needs a new suit. And his armor has displayed anti-TP defenses before. Being obtuse doesn't change the fact that that's how Doom rolls. Even Tony describes Doom's armor as a constant work in progress, a singular piece of equipment which Doom upgrades routinely, and which has the same upgrades/equipment used more than once.

It's not the same thing at all. Seriously, I don't get why you don't understand this, Chomper. Doom's armor has shown anti-TP defenses several times. Why would he remove it? It's standard equipment and part of Doom's armor.

It's not hard.

chomperx9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
A.) Iron Man has multiple suits, each with different functions outside of the ordinary. Some armor's have specific abilities the others do not. And his modern armors have the ability to access abilities and tech from some of the older ones, in addition to just being flat out superior to begin with.

B.) Again, Dr. Doom has the same armor outside of the very rare cases in which he needs a new suit. And his armor has displayed anti-TP defenses before. Being obtuse doesn't change the fact that that's how Doom rolls. Even Tony describes Doom's armor as a constant work in progress, a singular piece of equipment which Doom upgrades routinely, and which has the same upgrades/equipment used more than once.

It's not the same thing at all. Seriously, I don't get why you don't understand this, Chomper. Doom's armor has shown anti-TP defenses several times. Why would he remove it? It's standard equipment and part of Doom's armor.

It's not hard. Alright which book was that where Doom warned emma about scoping around in his mind ?

george '06
I've still yet to see proof that doom has ever been susceptible to Mental powers. No one said he put it in just for emma. It seems like something he'd have put in early, and anyway once someone consistently displays a power for 20+ years it's basically part of their skill set.
Also Jean particularly as phoenix is on kind of a different level than emma isnt she?

JakeTheBank
Alright which book was that where Doom warned emma about scoping around in his mind ?

It was a Dark Reign/Cabal one-shot, iirc. Before Siege.

He's also displayed the same TP defenses numerous years ago and multiple times at that. And even without actual TP blockers, Doom's will has resisted/endured a whole hell of a lot.

Flip through ODG's respect thread, at least.

Mindset
He has resisted Purple Man sans the abilities of his suit.

And he mentioned his suit could block them.

george '06
still does not make it standard every day gear. if it does, then like I mentioned before no need to make Iron man threads or it would be stalemate with all his upgrades 24/7
Dooms mental blocks are more akin to Wolverine having Adamantium on his claws than iron man having every suit or batman having a GL ring. In that it's pretty well established that he always has it, though he may have at some point not, he generally does

TricksterPriest
I'd like a better scan as proof of the strength of his anti TP defenses. That one scan doesn't say much.

I'm not saying Sinister can mind-rape him, Doom's got a solid record against TP, ala resisting I believe an amped Purple Man. But I like to see more of his anti-tp defenses.

Hyperion Prime
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/DoomArmor52-TelepathyBlockerSecretI.jpg

Doom is such a badass!!! Doom wins this 8/10 without prep. With prep he wins is 10/10 Doom as always had psychic defenses at least since the mid 1980s

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doctor Doom all day.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Doctor Doom all day.

thumb up

Eon Blue
/thread

Bouboumaster
Spite against Sinister.

What's Doom have on Sinister:
- Strenght: Obviously, Doom can take and give punch with Iron Man. If Sinister try this shit, he's turned into pudding.

- Magic: Doom has learned from the greatests, and that include Doctor Strange himself. He's the number too on Earth, behind Strange, and can use a variety of spells that would ****ed up Sinister. Sinister don't have an answer for that.

- Weapons: Doom's armor is jampacked with weapons and shield. When he's not shitting on peeps with magic, he blast their face. And he the opponent is too powerful, like, if he was opposed to, let say, Hulk, or Thor, he can shiled himself and go on Plan B.

- Intelligence: Let's face it: Sinister is a genius. But he's more like a "Hank McCoy Genius", in the bottom of the list of the most intelligent humans on Earth. He's not "Pym Genius", "T'Challa Genius" or "Cho Genius", isn't for sure "Stark Genius" and "Banner Genius", and holy crap he isn't working in the top category where Reed Richards and Victor von Doom works. Intelligence in a straight fight could be an advantage, because it can be a factor on "how good can he use the battlefield". Doom is miles above Sinister in intelligence.

What's Sinister have on Doom:

Telepathy: This is the only power that Sinister can claim over Doom. But Doom might be protected by these three things:
1- His armor
2- His magic power
3- His intelligence

Overall, Sinister can't win a single one fight on ten against Doom.

Lord Feron
There was also a time where purple man was captured by doom. He was able to out right mind control anyone through his powers. Doom, just to show how bad ass he was turned his built in tp defences and gave purple man his best effot to control him. Zero affect. Doom basically said "AND THATS WHY IM DOOM!!!" booyah!! lol

inimalist
doom wins, but it is hardly the stomp everyone seems to assume...

Mindset
Doom wins 10/10 with Sinister not really able to do anything that would even bring him close to winning.

What do you consider a stomp?

inimalist
Doom wins 10/10 with Sinister not really able to do anything that would even bring him close to winning.

What do you consider a stomp?

what you described

Mindset
Then I'm not seeing how this isn't a stomp.

inimalist
I think sinister puts up a much better fight than you give him credit for

Mindset
By doing what?

SevenShackles
Doom is Doom, what is it Sinister could do in a straight up fight other than his telepathy? not asking how he can win just how could he defend himself? what sort of struggle/defense/attack could he offer to oppose doom?

inimalist
he's got pretty high level invulnerability and regen, /shrug, far be it for me to question doom

Mindset
Originally posted by inimalist
he's got pretty high level invulnerability and regen, /shrug, far be it for me to question doom How does that help his offense?

Question Doom all you want to, no one cares.

It's not like there's some secret Doom cabal.

Existere
Sinister's also got TK, energy blasts, super strength, teleportation, etc. None are individually strong enough to actually overcome Doom, but he would be a pest for a while.

inimalist
How does that help his offense?

Question Doom all you want to, no one cares.

It's not like there's some secret Doom cabal.

when the argument rests on Doom is Doom, you can't blame me for being suspiscious :P

Mindset
Originally posted by Existere
Sinister's also got TK, energy blasts, super strength, teleportation, etc. None are individually strong enough to actually overcome Doom, but he would be a pest for a while. I agree, however, I still stand by this post:Originally posted by Mindset

when the argument rests on Doom is Doom, you can't blame me for being suspiscious :P That hasn't been the argument in this thread though. In fact, aside from Smurph's recent post, the only thing brought forth that Sinister could do to win was tp, and that was proven wrong with multiple pieces of evidence.

inimalist
That hasn't been the argument in this thread though. In fact, aside from Smurph's recent post, the only thing brought forth that Sinister could do to win was tp, and that was proven wrong with multiple pieces of evidence.

that was sort of my point. Up until smurph said that, nobody was really looking at what Sinister might do, they just sort of started riding Doom's phallis wink

like, Doom will win, but Sinister isn't going down without a fight. I'm not sure I'd even give him 1 or 2 out of 10, but none of them are a stomp for Doom.

Mindset
that was sort of my point. Up until smurph said that, nobody was really looking at what Sinister might do, they just sort of started riding Doom's phallis wink

like, Doom will win, but Sinister isn't going down without a fight. I'm not sure I'd even give him 1 or 2 out of 10, but none of them are a stomp for Doom. Or they knew what Sinister could do but also knew it wouldn't give him any wins so there's no point in mentioning it, that's why I didn't.

inimalist
g'fah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.