Stryker wants a new weapon, Round three

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Weapon XIII was fail. After obliterating the Sidious/Creed hybrid in seconds, the Voldemort/Logan hybrid ran off and joined the circus.

So Stryker decides to try Weapon XIV.

He captures Griffin ("Jumper"wink and Nightcrawler ("X Men 2".)

Into Griffin, he injects the leftover DNA of Darth Sidious. Griffin retains his teleporting abilities and inherits the Force powers of Sidious. He is armed with a red lightsaber and is as good with it as Sidious was.

Into Nightcrawler, he injects the DNA of Master Yoda. Nightcrawler retains his teleporting abilities and inherits the Force powers of Yoda. He is armed with a blue lightsaber and is as good with it as Yoda was.

The two do battle, to the death, on Three mile Island, to see who will be Weapon XIV. Fight takes place at night in the pouring rain. Teleporting abilities are restricted to the Island.

Who will be Weapon XIV?

Rogue Jedi
Force lightning ftw.

Robtard
Let's see:

Nightcrawler > Griffin

Yoda > Sidious

Night-Yoda wins.

Rogue Jedi
Sidious killed 3 Jedi masters in seconds.

Dude.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Sidious killed 3 Jedi masters in seconds.

Dude.

Cos Sidious is a total pimp. Still, in the fight, Yoda had the upper hand more.

Yeah, Dude. Nightcrawler > Griffin. Only thing Griffin has on Nightcrawler is maximum teleportation distance, he can go to England. But that won't matter much in a duel like this, unless it's a duel of who can get the better tea.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Cos Sidious is a total pimp. Still, in the fight, Yoda had the upper hand more.

Yeah, Dude. Nightcrawler > Griffin. Only thing Griffin has on Nightcrawler is maximum teleportation distance, he can go to England. But that won't matter much in a duel like this, unless it's a duel of who can get the better tea.

The porting is confined to the island, as per the OP. Still, NC cannot TP as far.

marwash22
Nightcrawler > Griffin dunno about that. the Jumpers had far superior range and they didn't need to see where they were going to 'port. Nightcrawler is probably faster between 'ports tho.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by marwash22
dunno bout that. the Jumpers had far superior range and they didn't need to see where they were going to 'port. Nightcrawler is probably faster between 'ports tho. Griffin is a better, faster porter in general.

Griffin with force lightning, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Robtard
dunno bout that. the Jumpers had far superior range and they didn't need to see where they were going to 'port. Nightcrawler is probably faster between 'ports tho.

Yes, distance is the one thing they have, which won't matter much in a duel like this.

Pretty sure they did need to see where they're going unless it was a spot they've already been to. I'd have to watch the film again, which I won't do.

NC's fight in the White House > anything Griffin ever did by a huge margin.

Robtard
Griffin is a better, faster porter in general.

Distance is the one thing. Faster, not even close, NC's porting/attacking, porting/attacking so fast everyone else appears to be in slow-motion.

xWn9joJgkw8

We've already done this.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, distance is the one thing they have, which won't matter much in a duel like this.

Pretty sure they did need to see where they're going unless it was a spot they've already been to. I'd have to watch the film again, which I won't do.

NC's fight in the White House > anything Griffin ever did by a huge margin. No. FF to 1:55

4Wr2x1bIOB0&feature=fvwrel

Griffin rapid fire ports every bit as fast as NC.

marwash22
Pretty sure they did need to see where they're going unless it was a spot they've already been to. I'd have to watch the film again, which I won't do. they needed to be "imprinted" on a specific place in order to jump there. Basically, they only need a memory of the place... on the other hand, Nightcrawler (whether it was purely a fear thing or not) needed to actually see the place he was 'porting to because he feared ending up inside a wall. It's a small, but important difference to mention.

NC's fight in the White House > anything Griffin ever did by a huge margin. this is true.

Given that Nightcrawler already has superior agility and such, which is further compounded by Yoda's acrobatics, I'd say Night-Yoda wins this.

EDIT: we also have to factor in that Griffin can used his momentum to alter his strength and that he can "jump objects" like the trolly... or the friggin building.

Robtard
No. FF to 1:55

Griffin rapid fire ports every bit as fast as NC.

I'm sorry, did everything else around him seem to move in slow motion? No. Clearly he's not as fast; not even close.

That and the avoiding multiple bullets while teleporting/attacking should be clue enough for you to remove your lips from Griffin's anus.

Rogue Jedi
I'm sorry, did everything else around him seem to move in slow motion? No. Clearly he's not as fast; not even close.

That and the avoiding multiple bullets while teleporting/attacking should be clue enough for you to remove your lips from Griffin's anus. The entire scene was in slomo, dude. He was porting faster in the halls outside the oval office, when it was filmed at full speed.

Robtard
This is one of those instances where you want to see what you want to see and there's no way around it.

Rogue Jedi
This is one of those instances where you want to see what you want to see and there's no way around it. So the scene was not in slomo? NC somehow used a dormant power to make everyone move as if in a jar of molasses?

Robtard
So the scene was not in slomo? NC somehow used a dormant power to make everyone move as if in a jar of molasses?

The point of that was to illustrate to the audience how fast he can attack and port, which is faster than the human eye can track. If it was done in real-time, we'd not have seen Nightcrawler, it would have just been guns going off, gun-men flying about and puffs of black smoke here and there, all over in a few seconds.

FF to 2:31, he ports and flips the guard behind him with his tail, ie he attacks/grabs after he started porting.

Rogue Jedi
The point of that was to illustrate to the audience how fast he can attack and port, which is faster than the human eye can track. If it was done in real-time, we'd not have seen Nightcrawler, it would have just been gun-men flying about and puffs of black smoke here and there, all over in a few seconds. And we can barely see Griffin as he rapid fire ports.

Thanx for playing.

marwash22
let's say speed is equal; i don't think it is, but let's say this is the case...

attacking at multiple locations > moving in a straight line.

just sayin'

Robtard
And we can barely see Griffin as he rapid fire ports.

Thanx for playing.

LoL. Yet the world doesn't seem to slow down around him cos he's going that fast. Griffin's been tagged by grappling-hooks, NC avoids gun fire. Wonder who's faster?

FF to 2:31, he ports and flips the guard behind him with his tail, ie he attacks/grabs after he started porting.

Yeah, thanks for playing.

Rogue Jedi
let's say speed is equal; i don't think it is, but let's say this is the case...

attacking at multiple locations > moving in a straight line.

just sayin' Mhm, and Griffin can apparate anywhere on the island. NC cannot.

Rogue Jedi
LoL. Yet the world doesn't seem to slow down around him cos he's going that fast. Griffin's been tagged by grappling-hooks, NC avoids gun fire. Wonder who's faster?

Yeah, thanks for playing. NC is moving in slomo too, dude.

Griffin was in bloodlust mode, he wanted Roland dead so bad he could taste it. He ****ed up.

Robtard
Mhm, and Griffin can apparate anywhere on the island. NC cannot.

Which is awesome if he's trying to run away from the fight.

Rogue Jedi
Which is awesome if he's trying to run away from the fight. Lulz sure. I guess force lightning won't help then?

Robtard
NC is moving in slomo too, dude.

Griffin was in bloodlust mode, he wanted Roland dead so bad he could taste it. He ****ed up.

Not as slow as the rest, it's perspective, just like the Parker/Flash fight scene, They're both slowed down, but Flash is slower to illustrate to us how fast Parker is. The scene depicts to the porting/attacking/porting speed, faster than the eye can track.

And Griffin still got tagged by a grappling hook and NC avoided 10-12 gunmen all trying to shoot him.

Nighcrawler is faster, way faster, it's in the videos and it has been explained, you're just too stubborn to say "ok, I was wrong here."

Robtard
Lulz sure. I guess force lightning won't help then?

We saw how well Force-lightning works on a Yoda-level Jedi.

0mega Spawn
jumpers may TP farther but they're certainly nowhere near nightcrawlers skill

nightcrawler was uppercutting guys before the last guy he hit touched the ground

all that + yoda skills erm

stompage

0mega Spawn
SbbRK8D_0-U

erm stompage

marwash22
yup.

NC's agility/skill + Yoda's agility/skill = dead Darth Griffin.

0mega Spawn
laughing out loud even if a jumper could do that they'd get whooped as soon as the president breaks out his presidential taser

Rogue Jedi
Sure, forget about the force lightning. And Sith precog. Yeah, that stuff silly. The teleporting and precog enables each to TP away before being attacked. This is gonna come down to force attacks.

Robtard
Sure, forget about the force lightning. And Sith precog. Yeah, that stuff silly. The teleporting and precog enables each to TP away before being attacked. This is gonna come down to force attacks.

Hello? Hello? Hello? We saw how well Force-lightning works against a Jedi of Yoda's caliber in AOTC and ROTS; Yoda has precog too. Sidious tried to take out Yoda first via the Force; it failed, why he went to sabres.

Night-Yoda has faster TP as shown, so he could tp/attack/tp/attack a notch faster than his opponent.

Rogue Jedi
Hello? Hello? Hello? We saw how well Force-lightning works against a Jedi of Yoda's caliber in AOTC and ROTS; Yoda has precog too. Sidious tried to take out Yoda first via the Force; it failed, why he went to sabres.

Night-Yoda has faster TP as shown, so he could tp/attack/tp/attack a notch faster than his opponent. So you think NC is faster cqc jumping. Let's go with that.

Griffin is a more efficient Jumper. He can jump more places and farther away. AND he can jump a bus teehee back with him.

So, it seems NC would have the upper hand in a saber battle, Griffin in a ranged force duel.

Robtard
So you think NC is faster cqc jumping. Let's go with that.

Griffin is a more efficient Jumper. He can jump more places and farther away. AND he can jump a bus teehee back with him.

So, it seems NC would have the upper hand in a saber battle, Griffin in a ranged force duel.

Not think, know. It's in the video.

I wouldn't say "efficient", he has a huge range advantage, if he's been to a place before. Not on the island, even then, a bus isn't going to work on N-Y.

Not really, as the range is only useful when running away in a duel like this.

ares834

Robtard
My bad, the first attack of lightning surprised Yoda and did send his flying. Yoda then returned the surprise with a Force-push sending Sidious on his ass. Stands to reason they the underestimated each other.

Because Yoda was. Yoda was pressing the attack more times than naught and Sidious was defending. We see Sidious making that "oh shit" face and why he starts sending pods flying and goes back to Lightning, cos he knew it was a matter of time before Yoda won the sabre duel. When they clash again Lightning on Force, it's Yoda again who gets the upper-hand at the end (again we see Sidious make the "oh shit" face) but the ensuing clash sends them both flying and the fight is over.

So tell me, if Sidious had the upper-hand, why was he shitting himself on multiple occasions during the fight?

Nephthys
Actually Yoda already won the saber duel. Palpatine started chucking senate pods because Yoda had disarmed him in between scenes. As mentioned in the script I believe.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys
Actually Yoda already won the saber duel. Palpatine started chucking senate pods because Yoda had disarmed him in between scenes. As mentioned in the script I believe.

Been some time since I've seen the fight, I'll take your word for it; it explains Sidious' "oh shit" face even more.

Nephthys
He does it off-screen, so only dudes who have argued that fight obsessively for years would know about it.

Which I of course have not.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys
He does it off-screen, so only dudes who have argued that fight obsessively for years would know about it.

Which I of course have not.

Do you believe Sidious was winning or are you sensible?

Nephthys
Sidious was winning. Sorry dude.

ares834
My bad, the first attack of lightning surprised Yoda and did send his flying. Yoda then returned the surprise with a Force-push sending Sidious on his ass. Stands to reason they the underestimated each other.

Yep.

It's hard to judge in the saber duel. But in the force battle Sidious is clearly the one on the offense the majority of the time. He launched several pods at Yoda. Yoda launches one. Palaptine blasts lightning at Yoda, Yoda blocks.

I agree. Yoda's mastery of the saber is superior to Palaptine's hence why he was disarmed in the script.

However, Palpatine also managed to disarm Yoda with his lightning.

Yoda was clearly in pain as well. Hence why he was grimacing when Palps first shot lightning at him.

This can go the other way as well. If Sidious didn't have the upper-hand then why was he laughing the entire time? The fact of the matter is Sidious is a coward. He does show fear many times during the fight, that doesn't mean he is losing however. Hell Yoda grimaces many times during their fight as well. Sidious is just more vocal about it, afterall the Sith use their emotions to fuel their power.

Robtard
You people. The "oh shit" face should let you know otherwise.

Nephthys
Yeah well multiple sources as well as Yoda himself should let you know that the reason Yoda ran away in the end was because he was ultimately outmatched. And that isn't just the EU's opinion. George Lucas himself read, annotated and approved of the ROTS novel which directly states that Yoda couldn't beat the Emperor.

Robtard
Lucus is clearly a Sidious Fanboy and the books don't matter here. Next time I see him, I'll kick him in the nuts.

Rogue Jedi
Not think, know. It's in the video.

I wouldn't say "efficient", he has a huge range advantage, if he's been to a place before. Not on the island, even then, a bus isn't going to work on N-Y.

Not really, as the range is only useful when running away in a duel like this. Precog tells Griffin where NC will appear. Force lightning does the rest?

Robtard
Precog tells Griffin where NC will appear. Force lightning does the rest?

Yoda can block lightning. But yeah, definitely a possible way for him to win. Still think it comes down to who's the faster TP'er and NC has it in spades.

Rogue Jedi
Yoda can block lightning. But yeah, definitely a possible way for him to win. Still think it comes down to who's the faster TP'er and NC has it in spades. I disagree. Jedi/Sith precog will tell each of them where and when the other will appear. And both will be fast enough to react.

Eventually NC will port right into a force lightning. Might take a while.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.