Donald Blake versus Bruce Banner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
No Banner Tech, no using the walking stick for any funny Thunder God business, no transforming into their powered forms, period. Just a straight up brawl between the two alter egos of Hulk and Thor.

Can Banner overcome Blake? Or is Blake too handicapped against the gamma scientist?

Go.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It seems after his rebirth, Blake was reset. Before the enchantment was removed during Simonson's run, being merged with Thor's spirit had a lot of benefits such as healing his lame leg, gradually making him noticeably bigger, taller etc. Thor's human hosts have also demonstrated super human durability. Even without being merged with Thor, Blake illustrated that he at least knows how to fight:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/Thorskill3.jpg

I honestly can't think of scenes that have Banner demonstrating combat capabilities so I'll give this to Blake.

Badabing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I honestly can't think of scenes that have Banner demonstrating combat capabilities so I'll give this to Blake. What a surprise. durpalm

Banner beats the gimp.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-04-12.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you have some scenes where he demonstrates hand to hand capabilities, please, post them. If they are impressive, I'll redraw my opinion.

Or are you just trolling?

Black bolt z
Banner

Existere
Does Blake get his cane, just no fancy Thor powers?

If so, he beats Banner with it.

Bouboumaster
On a pure physical contest, Blake hands down. Other than that, Banner run, do some crazy, crazy shit, and assrape Blake.

MetalIsDead
If you have some scenes where he demonstrates hand to hand capabilities, please, post them.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hY6BI9rIwjY/SwOdyq4CmQI/AAAAAAAAAzY/W02bWDlsPgc/s1600/18855496.jpg

Donald wins 10/10 in pure hth

Badabing
If you have some scenes where he demonstrates hand to hand capabilities, please, post them. If they are impressive, I'll redraw my opinion.

Or are you just trolling? Originally posted by MetalIsDead
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hY6BI9rIwjY/SwOdyq4CmQI/AAAAAAAAAzY/W02bWDlsPgc/s1600/18855496.jpg

Donald wins 10/10 in pure hth Owned. laughing out loud

Ize19
Originally posted by Badabing
Owned. laughing out loud

Except the second person you quoted agrees with Rage, not you... you even quoted him saying "Donald wins 10/10 in pure hth"

Badabing
Originally posted by Ize19
Except the second person you quoted agrees with Rage, not you... you even quoted him saying "Donald wins 10/10 in pure hth" And you are? laughing

Rage and I have had friendly banter many times. He knows I'm joking for the sake of some fun. Hence my Banner image earlier in this thread and me saying "Owned". I don't know you and was not posting to you. If you have some sort of problem I suggest you take it to a PM. durwinkOriginally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Or are you just trolling? Banner beat Bob!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-26.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-27.jpg

Top that RAGE! durhulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
ohhh

Look at Ize19 defending my honor. I think his sweet on me. Looks like I have a new BFF.

Sorry Bada, but from now on, Thor stomps Wolverine. yes2

Mindset
Ize just wants to get into your pants.

And then not call you the next day.

Not that I'd know anything about that...

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're such phucking whore.

Badabing
ohhh

Look at Ize19 defending my honor. I think his sweet on me. Looks like I have a new BFF.

Sorry Bada, but from now on, Thor stomps Wolverine. yes2 Okay, Thor stomps Wolverine. Add that to the character discussion thread. biscuitsOriginally posted by Mindset
Ize just wants to get into your pants.

And then not call you the next day.

Not that I'd know anything about that... Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You're such phucking whore. laughing out loud

Ize19
I need to develop a sense of humor. Nobody finds the things I find funny, funny. Oh well.

Badabing
I need to develop a sense of humor. Nobody finds the things I find funny, funny. Oh well. Just add a dur to your posts. At least you know I'll laugh. duryes

Rage.Of.Olympus
You were trying to be....funny? ermm

Well, you get a B A for effort.

http://www.topoftheblog.com/pictures/0995370e1ac264f2307e9ae39722b2fd.jpg

Ize19
Eh, yeah, I know. I just saw that quote "Donaldson 10/10" and "owned," and was like "lol." Anyways, my bad, I'll just avoid attempting banter in the future.

Badabing
Eh, yeah, I know. I just saw that quote "Donaldson 10/10" and "owned," and was like "lol." Anyways, my bad, I'll just avoid attempting banter in the future. mmm

mhmm

dur

the ninjak
Doesn't Bruce retain his battle experience from his fights while being conscious as Hulk?

Whilst Blake just watches?

Badabing
Originally posted by the ninjak
Doesn't Bruce retain his battle experience from his fights while being conscious as Hulk?

Whilst Blake just watches? That's actually a good question. I believe a few issues back, Hulk said something like: "Banner and I get along now. Imagine what I could do to you with his brain."

I can get the scan tomorrow, but that's the closest I remember where that question was actually addressed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor and Blake have been shown to be the very same person.

Blake was just a construct created by the Odin Force for Thor's essence to inhabit was given as an explanation at one point. If we want to go down that road, Blake would have much more experience than Banner as a result.

The connection has been a bit of a mess of course.

Currently they're two different people.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Eh, yeah, I know. I just saw that quote "Donaldson 10/10" and "owned," and was like "lol." Anyways, my bad, I'll just avoid attempting banter in the future.

Lol. Don't be discouraged bro. We just aren't use to your particular style. Short, abrupt, no smileys etc.

It's probably the angry Wolverine set.

Unless this post was you being funny. Or maybe not.

shocklaugh

You should thrown in like * at the end of your post when you're being funny.

Ize19
Lol. Don't be discouraged bro. We just aren't use to your particular style. Short, abrupt, no smileys etc.

It's probably the angry Wolverine set.

Unless this post was you being funny. Or maybe not.

shocklaugh

You should thrown in like * at the end of your post when you're being funny.

laughing Sure thing. I guess I've been here so long, but almost always as a lurker, that even though I feel like I know you guys, I forget that that doesn't go both ways. And yeah, until you guys tell me otherwise, I think I will use that asterisk, lol.

the ninjak
I thought Donald persona ended up in a dark dimension when Thor was active. And could sometimes communicate to Thor via telepathy.

Both recent and heroes return versions. But that was Jake Olsen.

JakeTheBank
Usually when they converse, Blake appears to Thor like an ethereal image/spectre or vice versa currently. They experience what the other does through their eyes and it's a pretty constant thing. Donald's held convos with Thor in the Bronxton diner as if he was sitting right there, for example.

Existere
laughing Sure thing. I guess I've been here so long, but almost always as a lurker, that even though I feel like I know you guys, I forget that that doesn't go both ways. On some level, that's terrifying.

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Usually when they converse, Blake appears to Thor like an ethereal image/spectre or vice versa currently. They experience what the other does through their eyes and it's a pretty constant thing. Donald's held convos with Thor in the Bronxton diner as if he was sitting right there, for example.

Exactly. So he is a voyeur. Whereas Banner has actually been conscious in Banner Form.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing Sure thing. I guess I've been here so long, but almost always as a lurker, that even though I feel like I know you guys, I forget that that doesn't go both ways. And yeah, until you guys tell me otherwise, I think I will use that asterisk, lol.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/13315341/2/istockphoto_13315341-woman-peeking-from-behind-shower-curtain.jpg

I'm a bit frightened......yet aroused. Weird. srug

Post enough and people will get to know you. And lmao at using the asterisk. I'm taking full credit for that for the record.

Ize19
Originally posted by Existere
On some level, that's terrifying.

eek! I totally did not see that until just now! Lol, no, no, it's just, I love discussing comic book characters, and reading discussions about them, but I never post unless I feel I have something to add. And, since Wolverine is my favorite character, and since Jinzin, S-Rank, Dum-Dum, and Stiltman all do such a great job covering those debates, I never really feel the need to post.

But then I got into things during the Gorgon and OR vs Thor debate, and wanted to get a bit more involved on here, so I figured I'd try joking around a bit... it didn't go well, lol.

Anyways, so that I can actually contribute to this thread, instead of taking it off topic, I do feel that Banner has shown that he can be an intelligent fighter, even if it was with tech, so I can see him getting a couple of wins here. After all, between two adults, victory is rarely assured 10/10 times. Still, If Blake shares Thor's experience, then Thor's skill advantage over Hulk should net Donald the majority. DB 7/8/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by the ninjak
I thought Donald persona ended up in a dark dimension when Thor was active. And could sometimes communicate to Thor via telepathy.

Both recent and heroes return versions. But that was Jake Olsen.

What? Why? Back in the day, Thor transformed into Blake. The Donald Blake body was stated to be everything from a clone of Keith -a Blake look alike who became Jane's future husband- to a construct of the Odin Force. They were treated as one person for big chunks of history. There was the odd story like in that Marvel Team-Up book with Spider-Man where Thor/Blake were treated as two different personalities. Blake couldn't fight at all in Thor's body but then they...merged or something and became one. Again, a bit weird.

In the recent take, Blake enters Limbo and becomes kind of a ghost. He however sees and hears everything Thor does.

Once again: What? Why? Thor transformed into Jake Olsen. He was both those people. The real Jake Olsen had died and Thor was given that body as means of fulfilling the obligations of a man who he let die on his watch.

Badabing
laughing Sure thing. I guess I've been here so long, but almost always as a lurker, that even though I feel like I know you guys, I forget that that doesn't go both ways. And yeah, until you guys tell me otherwise, I think I will use that asterisk, lol. http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/dramatic_cat.gif

Mindset
So Blake watches Thor fight like Rick does Genis?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Similar to that, yes. In current continuity that is.

Existere
Originally posted by Mindset
So Blake watches Thor fight like Rick does Genis? Up the bum?

What an awkward angle to watch.

Mindset
Depends on who you're asking. awepedo

JakeTheBank
bump!

TheHulk
Well i seen Banner exercise while Blake just walk's around doing nothing so i say banner not to mention his way more smarter

jalek moye
I wanna say Bruce cuz his current incarnation is cooler than Blake. But Blake is pretty buff now a days and has shown to know how to fight.

cdtm
Blake, with ease.

Kasper Gutman
Bada's cat gif has convinced me to never own a cat!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.