Midnighter vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
1. H2H 2. Standard.

Deadline
MN.

Caps Conscience
Don't know much about MN, but he must be a bad ass. Still gotta go with Cap.

srankmissingnin
Cap.

Daredevil1
I'm a pretty big Cap fan. But unfortunately Mid 6-7/10 I give Mids about the same odds of Logan vs Cap sad

carver9
This would be an amazing fight but it is just difficult for me to see anyone beating Cap at a h2h match... the guy is a natural beast.

Cap 7 or 8/10

Cap skills is advanced to the level where he can go toe to toe with super humans and come out on top... high end super humans.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Daredevil1
I'm a pretty big Cap fan. But unfortunately Mid 6-7/10 I give Mids about the same odds of Logan vs Cap sad

Midnighter's healing factor isn't a tenth as powerful as Wolverines. Cap would have do problem putting Midnighter down for a 10 count, where as alternatively it would be next to impossible for him to do the same to Wolverine.

Daredevil1
I agree Logan's healing is better but Mids has some sick healing feats in his own rights he was practically a shredded up jacket when this character used a scream attack on him and Mid's came back from it. Plus his durability soak damage is up there.

There's not many issues you'll be able to find of Mid's being KO'ed by a martial artist or non-enhanced guy even by via sneak attack. Cap would find it very much a problem to put Mids down for the count. Plus factor in that super-computer then I'd say he has advantages on Cap then visa versa. I give him the same odds as Logan but for different reasons.

srankmissingnin
Yeah Midnighter has better durability, he has been smoked by eighteen wheeler and been fine, but he has been downed with a broken neck. Something Cap could easily accomplish with precision striking, especially with his shield.

Midnighter's super computer has never given him a notable advantage over anyone other than fodder. It's like a less useful Spider Sense.

Daredevil1
Cap wouldn't break a mans neck for the norm unless after fighting a long time Mids then Steve realizes that this guy heals fast. Which by then it might be too late. Cap normally just goes for the KO or stun shot.

Its a bit easier for Mids to put down Cap then the other way around though. Mids advantage of healing, greater durability, hardly no KO's from guys in Cap's weight class....probably none at all that I can think of anyways. This makes it for a very difficult battle for the Captain. One that I see Mids taking the majority unfortunately.

His super computer I put it about the same level of the spider sense, DD's radar or BG's body reading. With them against Cannon fodder it seems to be very usefull as well.

srankmissingnin
Don't forget per forum rules each fighter has basic knowledge of their opponent. Cap should be aware of Midnighter's power set before the fight starts and what he'll need to do to get a win.

Daredevil1
Basic knowledge only includes what the regular populace knows which he heals fast. Doesn't mean they know what level it is directly.

For example Cap once fought a superhuman she wore green and knew she was superhuman but still held back his shield strike for not knowing how much superhuman she is(Cap is just that cool for doing so.) It doesn't come with the direction of how much anyways.

Also who did break Mids neck out of curiosity anyways?

Daredevil1
Also since were discussing Cap's option after realizing he can cut lose and break Mids neck.

Now think about all the options Mids has as well? Damaging Cap's legs, head, chest, neck. Doesn't even have to go for a KO just leave him helpless or hurt that he can't do to much because of the healing/durability difference. But knowing Mids he'll probably go for all lethal/violent attacks. Although to be fair Mids will come to realize that Cap is hard willed and a tough old bird to put down. But me thinks Mids also has a lot of options. Maybe even more so then Cap?

Deadline
I really don't see this fight lasting that long for Cap....

BruceSkywalker
decent match, but the super soldier himself will outlast Mid

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Deadline
I really don't see this fight lasting that long for Cap....
really why not?

Zealot handle him fine, capt should have no trouble matching MN either.

Daredevil1
Does anyone have a rough figure for Zealot superhuman strength?

I have always heard mixed things like Slade level(which is low) to Spiderman, but I've never really seen any real proof for it with actual references or strength feats?

Dum Dum Dugan

I have always heard mixed things like Slade level(which is low) to Spiderman, but I've never really seen any real proof for it with actual references or strength feats?
It not nearly as high as many like to pretend. She has pretty much no existent feats. She no stronger then capt unless proven other wise.

Thats because there is no proof. Like with most wildstorm character her powers get vastly exaggerated by certain posters.

psycho gundam
once cap loses the shield it's curtains

StyleTime

Somewhere around Cap's level. Probably a little below it, based on feats though.

Spiderman is several leagues above her in strength.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by psycho gundam
once cap loses the shield it's curtains
why?

He more then a match for MN in h2h both physically and skill wise.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by StyleTime
Somewhere around Cap's level. Probably a little below it, based on feats though.

Spiderman is several leagues above her in strength.
agreed.

Prep-Man
Midnighter.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by carver9
Cap skills is advanced to the level where he can go toe to toe with super humans and come out on top... high end super humans.

Im curious about this: which "high end super humans" (w/o PIS or CIS) has Cap beaten?

Tazer

Dum Dum Dugan
Cis is in play, so not sure if wins via should be discounted. If so what has MN accomplished then?

Uriel005
Hasn't Cap been on the wrong side of a Thanos pimp hand before w/out shield.

Mindset
What does that have to do with anything? Lol

So has Hulk and Drax, at the same time

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mindset
What does that have to do with anything? Lol

So has Hulk and Drax, at the same time You really don't see the problem with Captain America taking shots that would floor those two don't you.

Mindset
He didn't take it.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Uriel005
You really don't see the problem with Captain America taking shots that would floor those two don't you. Originally posted by Mindset
He didn't take it. laughing out loud

Uriel005
Originally posted by Black bolt z
laughing out loud i thought he did. hmmm

MetalIsDead
Haven't read much of MN, but I remember that time when he was kicking Tank's ammunition fired at him like David Villa kicks the ball. Then that other "backwards" story showing how awesome his battlecomp is.

That said, Cap is equally strong, durable and fast imo and his skill level would more than counter the battlecomp, and then you have the shield.
Right now I say Cap wins both, but it would be a helluva fight. Wish I have my Authority comics again sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.