Stardust vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Classic Diana.

Who wins ?

Konton
Stardust, IMO.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Konton
Stardust, IMO.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Konton
Stardust, IMO.

leonidas
yeah hard to see how diana could win...

Q99
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah hard to see how diana could win...

Lasso?

leonidas
always an option i guess, just think it would be tough.

AlmightyKfish
Stardust ftw

long pig
I was going to say star wins, but i refuse to agree with leo. Anything he says is automatically incorrect. stick out tongue

leonidas
Originally posted by long pig
I was going to say star wins, but i refuse to agree with leo. Anything he says is automatically incorrect. stick out tongue

in that case, i guess strange really IS a skyfather.... shifty

guy222
SD

googleme
Probably Diana. Her magical lightning would probably KO Stardust much the same way StormBreaker Ko'd him with it's magical properties.

BattleMage
Stardust easy

Hyperion Prime
Stardust and I hope he kills her....man how can such an unpopular character get on my nerves so bad smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Stardust and I hope he kills her....man how can such an unpopular character get on my nerves so bad smile

She's not unpopular.

leonidas

laughing out loud

it is weird to hate wonderwoman so much. what's the deal??

Hyperion Prime
laughing out loud

it is weird to hate wonderwoman so much. what's the deal??

Honestly.......she has way to many powers and gadgets and stuff. What can't she do?? And then NVR comes in here socking up the board to defend her every move. I just get tired of hearing him

Blah blah made of clay blah blah white martian blah blah Tiara knocks off head blah blah lasso blah blah blah hermes boots....blah blah Tp resistance blah blah beat Ares blah blah heals when touches dirt.....etc Rinse and repeat

Q99
Honestly.......she has way to many powers and gadgets and stuff. What can't she do??

Yea, she should be nice and simple and have few powers, like Superman! Magic people shouldn't have a lot of abilities, like Thor!

Nice and straitforward, like Surfer!

wink

She's really not that complex by comic standards. She's got all of three magic items (most of the time), the standard flying brick set, and some minor ones that show up less often than Superman's super hearing.

Because none of the other big characters around have people who'll gladly tell you all about their character's powers in every fight wink

C'mon, she's in the same position as... everyone else.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, she should be nice and simple and have few powers, like Superman! Magic people shouldn't have a lot of abilities, like Thor!

Nice and straitforward, like Surfer!

wink

She's really not that complex by comic standards. She's got all of three magic items (most of the time), the standard flying brick set, and some minor ones that show up less often than Superman's super hearing.

Because none of the other big characters around have people who'll gladly tell you all about their character's powers in every fight wink

C'mon, she's in the same position as... everyone else.

SeeI have an answer for all of this when you compare her to Thors weapons, but I dont want to spam up the thread.

leonidas
Honestly.......she has way to many powers and gadgets and stuff. What can't she do?? And then NVR comes in here socking up the board to defend her every move. I just get tired of hearing him

Blah blah made of clay blah blah white martian blah blah Tiara knocks off head blah blah lasso blah blah blah hermes boots....blah blah Tp resistance blah blah beat Ares blah blah heals when touches dirt.....etc Rinse and repeat

laughing

fair enuff. i feel the same way about certain characters. funny how at times we can become anti-fanboys. laughing out loud

Q99
SeeI have an answer for all of this when you compare her to Thors weapons, but I dont want to spam up the thread.

Mjolnir has more powers than all of her items combined. She has a bit more non-weapons ones, but complaining about her having too many powers if one doesn't hold the same complaint about Thor or Superman is something I find silly (and if you do have the same complaint, then you'd be consistent, though I'd still different with the general point).

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Q99
Mjolnir has more powers than all of her items combined. She has a bit more non-weapons ones, but complaining about her having too many powers if one doesn't hold the same complaint about Thor or Superman is something I find silly (and if you do have the same complaint, then you'd be consistent, though I'd still different with the general point).

Dude I am not doing this cool

carver9
How can someone hate Wonder Woman?

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9

How long have you been on this forum?

Hyperion Prime

Blah Blah Footstep continent........ big grin big grin Just playing carver wink

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
How long have you been on this forum?

I have never met someone (minus Quan) that hates Wonder Woman.

Doesn't make sense to me.

carver9
Blah Blah Footstep continent........ big grin big grin Just playing carver wink

Lol

We are still not done with our topic discussing Hulk. Can you please respond to my post. confused

-Pr-
I have never met someone (minus Quan) that hates Wonder Woman.

Doesn't make sense to me.

All the rampant sexism, lowballing and borderline abuse by people didn't give you a clue?

Hyperion Prime
Lol

We are still not done with our topic discussing Hulk. Can you please respond to my post. confused

Yeah man I will I just been lazy and let it slide. big grin

Edit wait i thought I did respond.

StiltmanFTW
All the rampant sexism, lowballing and borderline abuse by people didn't give you a clue?

laughing out loud

Mindset
I hate WW on kmc.

carver9

Lol...

I see a lot of the sexism but majority of the time, people are playing (even though its not funny).

Low balling... naah. Wonder Woman usually pulls the win against majority of the people that she faces... the only person she usually loses against are either Thor or Superman and if you look at it, it agreeable.

Wonder Woman is a simple character and she isn't over powered at all. I just don't understand how someone could dislike her. If they need to dislike someone because of power, it should be Surfer or Thor.

Mindset
I suspect the lasso is what make ppl dislike her.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Mindset

Now she can shoot lighting too confused

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset

GOTCHA...

I have been seeing people clinging to that a lot lately.

Hyperion Prime
For the record one of my favorite Dc characters is Mary marvel. I actually like the whole Marvel family Black Adam included. I just wish they would all beat on WW....mmmmhmmm yeah I also like powergirl and used to collect her book.......WWcurseyou

JakeTheBank
Well, to be honest, a lot of people sorely underestimate Diana and rely on scans of feats to prove their points one way or the other instead of reading her comics. The lightning bracers were used like a seldom few times prior to the JMS revamped origin, and as such, I don't even really use them when debating "classic" Wonder Woman.

As far as the lasso goes, it is a pretty broken weapon and Diana has used its higher end abilities before to wreck some serious havoc on people high herald and up. *shrugs*

I will agree though, as a WW fan, people like nvr certainly don't help give Diana respect she needs and deserves.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, to be honest, a lot of people sorely underestimate Diana and rely on scans of feats to prove their points one way or the other instead of reading her comics. The lightning bracers were used like a seldom few times prior to the JMS revamped origin, and as such, I don't even really use them when debating "classic" Wonder Woman.

As far as the lasso goes, it is a pretty broken weapon and Diana has used its higher end abilities before to wreck some serious havoc on people high herald and up. *shrugs*

I will agree though, as a WW fan, people like nvr certainly don't help give Diana respect she needs and deserves.

And there are worse fans than that, too, sadly.

JakeTheBank
And there are worse fans than that, too, sadly.

Worse? Seriously?

I mean, all I've seen are the nvr sock accounts lately when WW is involved, but I didn't know there were worse examples of that...

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Worse? Seriously?

I mean, all I've seen are the nvr sock accounts lately when WW is involved, but I didn't know there were worse examples of that...

Not on this forum, but on other boards. The "wonderfans" on many occasions will simply use her as some sort of faux-feminism springboard to get their man-hating points across.

IIRC, these are the same people that lynched Gail Simon for daring to say that Superman was physically stronger than Wonder Woman.

Tbh, it isn't all Wonder Woman fans. Hell, I'm a Wonder Woman fan. I just hate when a character is twisted and distorted like that by the people who are supposed to support it.

JakeTheBank
Not on this forum, but on other boards. The "wonderfans" on many occasions will simply use her as some sort of faux-feminism springboard to get their man-hating points across.

IIRC, these are the same people that lynched Gail Simon for daring to say that Superman was physically stronger than Wonder Woman.

Tbh, it isn't all Wonder Woman fans. Hell, I'm a Wonder Woman fan. I just hate when a character is twisted and distorted like that by the people who are supposed to support it.

Oh, ok. Gotcha.

Yeah, the ironic thing about Diana and her being a symbol of feminism is that she's also pro-equality across both genders...though that does seem to get lost in translation.

That's a shame because Simone's WW run was pretty cool, imo, and she's not the only person who's said or portrayed Diana as being physically weaker to Superman.

carver9
I still haven't seen many people that hate the character.

long pig
in that case, i guess strange really IS a skyfather.... shifty ....i hate you and everything you stand for. mad

whatthefukc

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by whatthefukc
What the ****? When ever I come in, it's only to argue what WW is capable of. Most times I hardly ever even give her a descive win. And I only step in when noobs low ball her. which is constantly. And I have to remind people of the kinds of characters she's beaten or has dealt with. It's ridciulous to think BRB could walk over Diana when she's so much faster than he is. And she's fought beings like Amazo, Superman, and Circe. And I was the one who helped Fangirl with the WW respect thread. which is very good and used widely across the net. Peopel from the DC boards even refer other people to it. Thanks. I did a lot to BOOST WW.

No one's lowballing her here, though. No one said BRB will walk over her, either. The general consensus is that, either way you cut it, this is a tough fight for both people; regardless of whether someone says Bill or Diana, so long as it's acknowledged to be a difficult fight in general, I can deal with it. And yeah, fighting Amazo, Superman, and Circe are good feats, great even, but taking them out of proportion and using them out of context doesn't help Wonder Woman, either, which is what several people have done.

People lowball Diana, either because of DC hate, ignorance, sexism, whathaveyou. But people likewise also grossly overexaggerate her capabilities, as well. Either way, it's ridiculous.

whatthefukc

Bouboumaster
It would be an intesresting match-up to say the least.

Stardust rely more on "bolt", so the bracelet would become handy. On the other hand, he's much, much more versatile than her, so he could pull out some nasty shit on her. If it goes h2h, again, on one hand, Diana is much more a better fight, but on the other hand, Stardust is tougher, because of he's nature.

I say Stardust 7/10. He's probably the second most powerful herald of Galactus, second only to the Silver Surfer, of course. Being a herald gives him too much of an edge in the versatility department, and when you have that, you have options to finish the fight.

Q99
I still haven't seen many people that hate the character.

You... haven't?

There seems to be a subset of people who feel offended that she's a very powerful hero, often for vague "there's just something about her that I hate," reasons like Hyperion Prime that, when you ask them about, only give reasons that apply to a dozen other heroes they don't hate. HP isn't the only one who's taken that exact stance by any means.

She seems to get it a lot more than other female heroes though, and joking sexism is still sexism.

And WW fans have had to fight tooth and nail to get her some respect- it's not as bad as it used to be, but there's multiple posters where I'd present arguments and feats for her, then the next thread they'd forget them entirely and I'd repeat the process, and this would happen with multiple posters. It was a real joke, pretty pathetic stuff.

You might not pay much attention to the threads it happens or something, but I think one of the reasons we have some strong WW defenders now is in direct response to the large numbers of haters we've had.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Q99
You... haven't?

There seems to be a subset of people who feel offended that she's a very powerful hero, often for vague "there's just something about her that I hate," reasons like Hyperion Prime that, when you ask them about, only give reasons that apply to a dozen other heroes they don't hate. HP isn't the only one who's taken that exact stance by any means.

She seems to get it a lot more than other female heroes though, and joking sexism is still sexism.

I just don't like Wonder Woman...hate her in fact. I do not have any problem whatsoever with Supergirl, Powergirl, She-hulk, Mary marvel etc

Question I ask to you. DO I have to like Wonder Woman? Some people or characters for whatever reason known or unknown you just don't like There is no hidden agenda or anything like that. You need to understand that.

Leonidas gets it/understands it
laughing

fair enuff. i feel the same way about certain characters. funny how at times we can become anti-fanboys. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.