So Netflix now has a rather large selection of anime...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
I've watched anime on and off since the early 80's. Am I bit behind the times now, but I recently discovered that Netflix has a large selection I can stream directly to my TV via my Xbox.

Any recommendations newer stuff?

What I've liked in the past. Nanja Scroll, Akira, Princess Mononoke, Outlaw Star, Inuyahsa, Robotech, Berserk, Riding Bean, Grappler Baki. There's more, can't recall off the top of my head though.

I tried watching Appleseed (was CGI), couldn't get into it and I tried Casshern last night, again, couldn't get into it.

marwash22
S-cry-ed
samurai champloo
IGPX
Soul Eater
Code Geass

are you looking for anything specific? action, comdey, mechs?

NemeBro
If you liked Cowboy Bebop, you may like Samurai Champloo.

Hmm, another one you may wanna try is Gantz, maybe, though if I recall right the anime is fairly short.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is another good one, better than the original anime IMO.

Will try to think of more Robzy. :3

Robtard
Not huge on the comedy, as the Japanese are some of the silliest bastards on the planet. Action and Mechs are fine, I prefer a great storyline and well done drawning-style.

Will look into the recommends, thanks you two.

dadudemon
DEFINITELY Samurai Champloo. It works similar to American cartoons as there is sort of like a "new" episode that's mostly separate from other episodes...but it still has the bigger story picture, too. That, and the art is fun, story is nice...and it ends well.

There are tons of others. I recomend just watching the first 3 episodes and deciding, from there, is usually the best choice. That's what I do.

RE: Blaxican
Anime, X-Box, Netflix and video streaming? Yiu're a younger at heart, Rob.

In addition to what they've recommended, give Black Lagoon a shot, and go watch Sword of the Stranger (if they have it).

menokokoro
Sword of a stranger is only on dvd, but you should still get it, it is awesome! Quite possibly the most satisfying fight scene I have ever seen, but that is my opinion.

Edit: also, it is a movie, so you wont need to send it back multiple times to watch the whole thing.

Robtard
Thanks all, I'll get on it this weekend and see if they have the ones you've recommended.

ditto
Afro Samurai
Afro Samurai: Resurrection
Black Blood Brothers
Blood+
Canaan
Claymore
Darker Than Black
Desert Punk
Eden of the East
Elfen Lied
Ga-Rei-Zero
Guin Saga
Gungrave
Gunslinger Girl
HeatGuy J
High School of the Dead
Jyu-Oh-Sei: Planet of The Best King
Kaze No Stigma
Murder Princess
Soul Eater
Speed Grapher
Xamd'd: Lost Memories

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Robtard
Not huge on the comedy, as the Japanese are some of the silliest bastards on the planet. Action and Mechs are fine, I prefer a great storyline and well done drawning-style.

Will look into the recommends, thanks you two. Code Geass. - mecha. action. plotting/scheming. It has everything.

FMA: Brotherhood - great pacing and interesting themes.

Fate Zero. Jormungand.

Ridley_Prime
Thread needs more Rosario Vampire.

socool8520
Originally posted by ditto
Afro Samurai
Afro Samurai: Resurrection
Black Blood Brothers
Blood+
Canaan
Claymore
Darker Than Black
Desert Punk
Eden of the East
Elfen Lied
Ga-Rei-Zero
Guin Saga
Gungrave
Gunslinger Girl
HeatGuy J
High School of the Dead
Jyu-Oh-Sei: Planet of The Best King
Kaze No Stigma
Murder Princess
Soul Eater
Speed Grapher
Xamd'd: Lost Memories

This is a damn good list right here. I really liked Kaze no Stigma, but since the creator died, there will be no further add-ons to the story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.