JLA vs. Graviton, Magneto, Sandman, Hydroman, Electro & Terrax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash
GL Kyle
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman
Captain marvel

vs.

Graviton
magneto
electro
sandman
hydroman
terrax

who wins?

batdude123
laughing out loud

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash
GL Kyle
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman
Captain marvel

vs.

Graviton
magneto
electro
sandman
hydroman
terrax

who wins?

The elementals only have a chance becuase of Magneto. It's a slim chance though.

batdude123
"Slim" as in none at all.

Simbon
This fight comes down to:

Supes
WW
Flash
Kyle
MM
CM

vs

Graviton
Magneto
Terrax

Graviton is the strongest on the field, but that is too much even for him.

batdude123
Originally posted by Simbon
Graviton is the strongest on the field

Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud

Mindset
laughing out loud

Simbon
Prove me wrong, batdude. Graviton has repeatedly humiliated the avengers, and generally loses because he lacks self-control (either in terms of his libido, or because his powers go haywire); if he is not speed-blitzed at the git-go, he can beat any character on team DC 1 on 1.

Mindset
Magneto is 90 years old and has never had a libido problem.

I think that tells us who is top dog here.

The Pict
"Slim" as in none at all.

Simbon
Originally posted by Mindset
Magneto is 90 years old and has never had a libido problem.

I think that tells us who is top dog here.

Ha! Magneto is harder to situate power-wise, though; he isn't without low-feats, and though he has performed impressively against the avengers, it is hard to reconcile this with the fact that he is basically a less-powerful version of the Silver Surfer, who would not (and has not) done so well against Thor.

batdude123
Prove me wrong, batdude.

The burden isn't on me to prove a negative. You made the claim, so instead, why don't you back up your own statement of Graviton being the "strongest on the field" when his best combat feat is defeating a West Coast Avengers team that isn't even half as formidable as this JLA line up.

And feat for feat, there are multiple members of this JLA team that are much more impressive.

Simbon
The burden isn't on me to prove a negative. You made the claim, so instead, why don't you back up your own statement of Graviton being the "strongest on the field" when his best combat feat is defeating a West Coast Avengers team that isn't even half as formidable as this JLA line up.

And feat for feat, there are multiple members of this JLA team that are much more impressive.

I said he was strongest on the field, not that he would win; my post made it clear that team 2 loses. As for Graviton's power, he has held the avengers helpless while completely laughing off an attack from Thor. No one on the JLA team could do that.

batdude123
I said he was strongest on the field, not that he would win; my post made it clear that team 2 loses. As for Graviton's power, he has held the avengers helpless while completely laughing off an attack from Thor. No one on the JLA team could do that.

Magneto has replicated the same feat, and is still not up to par with a lot of these guys on the JLA squad in terms of out-and-out power.

You may want to rethink your stance.

Simbon
Magneto has replicated the same feat, and is still not up to par with a lot of these guys on the JLA squad in terms of out-and-out power.

You may want to rethink your stance.

Yes, because Magneto has low feats to counter-balance it; something Graviton doesn't have so much of.

batdude123
Yes, because Magneto has low feats to counter-balance it; something Graviton doesn't have so much of.

And yet, fairly recently, Graviton was outright owned by Extremis Iron Man.

JLA stomp.

Simbon
And yet, fairly recently, Graviton was outright owned by Extremis Iron Man.

JLA stomp.

Again, no one is arguing with you that it's a JLA stomp, so your repetition of this point is peculiar to say the least. As for extremis, that was after Graviton had been depowered via brain-damage.

batdude123
Again, no one is arguing with you that it's a JLA stomp, so your repetition of this point is peculiar to say the least. As for extremis, that was after Graviton had been depowered via brain-damage.

Because Graviton has always had such a strong mind?

Simbon
Because Graviton has always had such a strong mind?

No one would deny that Graviton is unstable, and if you wanted to argue that in a one-on-one with a high herald there's a good chance he'll lose control of his powers, that's a valid argument. However, the point is that the Graviton Iron man beat was a weakened graviton, and that in his prior fights he has consistently been portrayed as more powerful (though definitely more unstable as well) than a high herald. Personally, I don't think it makes sense, since his power-set should make him weaker than Magneto, let alone Silver Surfer, but his showings are not ambiguous.

batdude123
No one would deny that Graviton is unstable, and if you wanted to argue that in a one-on-one with a high herald there's a good chance he'll lose control of his powers, that's a valid argument. However, the point is that the Graviton Iron man beat was a weakened graviton, and that in his prior fights he has consistently been portrayed as more powerful (though definitely more unstable as well) than a high herald. Personally, I don't think it makes sense, since his power-set should make him weaker than Magneto, let alone Silver Surfer, but his showings are not ambiguous.

Except he hasn't... at all.

Simbon
Except he hasn't... at all.

Unless you want to argue that Graviton's cake-walking Thor and the avengers was anomalous (and the only feat that would go against this, as I've said, was against a weakened Graviton), then yes, he has been depicted at this level.

batdude123
Why don't we just skip the foreplay and do a battlezone where you represent Graviton and I'll represent Superman. smile

Simbon
Why don't we just skip the foreplay and do a battlezone where you represent Graviton and I'll represent Superman. smile

I'm flattered, but I don't swing that way.

Really, though, I don't have enough free time to a do a battle-zone debate - posting as much as I do on here is a vice and guilty pleasure as it is.

As for Graviton vs. supes, the fact of the matter is that herald level force simply hasn't been effective against Graviton, and your iron man example is against a weakened version. Why are you so reluctant to admit this? It does not even change the outcome of this fight.

batdude123
I'm flattered, but I don't swing that way.

Really, though, I don't have enough free time to a do a battle-zone debate - posting as much as I do on here is a vice and guilty pleasure as it is.

As for Graviton vs. supes, the fact of the matter is that herald level force simply hasn't been effective against Graviton, and your iron man example is against a weakened version. Why are you so reluctant to admit this? It does not even change the outcome of this fight.

Probably because there's nothing to support the notion that Graviton is the most powerful character on the field, especially when multiple JLA'ers have more impressive feats.

Simbon
Probably because there's nothing to support the notion that Graviton is the most powerful character on the field, especially when multiple JLA'ers have more impressive feats.

Not only multiple JLA'ers, but also Silver Surfer, Thor, Quasar, and even Magneto have superior feats. Now, given that I acknowledge this, ask yourself why I would still say that Graviton is the strongest on the field.

basilisk
Not only multiple JLA'ers, but also Silver Surfer, Thor, Quasar, and even Magneto have superior feats. Now, given that I acknowledge this, ask yourself why I would still say that Graviton is the strongest on the field. Though Graviton's feat of capturing and restraining every superhuman on earth at the same time across the planet and entirely out of visual range (including Genis, Thor, Hulk, Doop, Jean Grey, Vision etc), while simultaneously tearing out and levitating every major city across the the US and the world thousands of feet into the air, while also commencing to terraform the entire surface of the earth and carrying on casual conversations and fighting the Thunderbolts at the same time must place him up there as one of the most powerful.

Philosophía
Graviton isn't even the most powerful guy on his team, much less the match.

Team 2 has no chance of winning.

Batman-Prime

Daemon Seed
The Human torch has beaten Graviton on his own. Fantastic Four 322

Parmaniac
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash
GL Kyle
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman
Captain marvel

vs.

Graviton
magneto
electro
sandman
hydroman
terrax

who wins? GAWD...

terrax soloes

Allankles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.