Yoda and Dooku versus Mace and Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Neutral setting, no advantages or restrictions. It's assumed that Yoda will confront Sidious and that Dooku will confront Mace. All characters are assumed to be as they were as of Episode III. The backdrop is the hallways of Jabba's palace because it's dark, man. Epic dark.

RagingBoner
Chancellor Palpatine once suggested that Mace Windu was a superior warrior to Yoda in Dark Rendezvous. Though Sidious is a liar, it should be noted that he did not have any reason to deceive or embellish, so it can be assumed that Windu is the superior fighter. Likewise, Count Dooku said in the same book that he would never "question the power of Darth Sidious. The dark secrets at his command." This is interesting in that it suggests that Sidious is more powerful than Dooku.

Because of these implications and the fact that Count Dooku once referred to Darth Sidious as a "black hole of the Force," Palpatine and Windu win.

truejedi
what does "Black hole of the force" even mean? it means squat. I'm going with samuel L. Jackson's " I am the number 2 butt-kicking guy in the galaxy " quote to pick Yoda.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by RagingBoner
Chancellor Palpatine once suggested that Mace Windu was a superior warrior to Yoda in Dark Rendezvous. Though Sidious is a liar, it should be noted that he did not have any reason to deceive or embellish, so it can be assumed that Windu is the superior fighter.

Wait, what? I have this book and I've never heard of this before. Name the page?

But they're not directly squaring off here, and while I don't doubt that Sidious outranks Dooku in Sith knowledge and power, he's not terribly below him either.

Rofl.

So being something which sucks so bad it refuses to give up any light isn't a ringing endorsement.

RagingBoner
Originally posted by truejedi
what does "Black hole of the force" even mean? it means squat. I'm going with samuel L. Jackson's " I am the number 2 butt-kicking guy in the galaxy " quote to pick Yoda.

Samuel L. Jackson has reason to deceive the audience: He's simply being modest.

Stealth Moose
RB has no reason to deceive KMC, he's simply being a hatur.

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Wait, what? I have this book and I've never heard of this before. Name the page?

I don't have a physical copy on hand, but I think I might be able to find the passage for you.

In power, perhaps not.

Obviously what is meant by the term "black hole of the Force" is that Darth Sidious can suck up the entire energy field with his mere presence.

truejedi
um. probably not meaning that...

RagingBoner
Originally posted by truejedi
um. probably not meaning that...

Not as well as Nihilus, mind you, but there's definitely no getting around it. It's all there, black and white.

Stealth Moose
Does this mean that if people go fast enough, they can pass through him and go back in time then?

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Does this mean that if people go fast enough, they can pass through him and go back in time then?

Are you fvcking stupid? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Obviously they could.

no expression

RagingBoner
I'm getting off, but for the record: I might have been trolling you all. lulz

truejedi
really? no.

axel_jovan
Interesting match-up.

Mace wins with Dooku. Vaapad ftw.
Yoda and Sidious stalemate, though without high ground to assume, Sids will have to be super cautiuos.
Mace helps out Sidious to take Yoda down.
Team two wins.

Then Mace turns on Sids, beats Palpy and establishes his rule as the emperor BMF Windu. Epic sh*t.

Stealth Moose
Makashi > Vaapad, IMO. It's meant for defeating lightsaber duellists, while Vaapad was created and perfected in an era where lightsaber fighting was not the dominant way to deal with foes (Since the Sith hadn't been fought in centuries).

Black bolt z
Team 1 overall has better force but team 2 has better skill with sabers.

Dooku being the weak link team 2 wins.

truejedi
Yeah, in all honesty, mace and Sidious win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.