Harry Potter vs Helms Deep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Harry, Voldemort, Snape, Dumbledore & Hermanie find themselves in the LOTR universe at Helms Deep. Reinforcing them are 300 civilian Yeomen and a battalion of Elves. Acompanying them are Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. Opposition is 10,000 Uruk-ai (same as seen in film LOTR: TT). Do they survive the battle or die with their magic wands?

NemeBro
To be honest Voldemort could wreck a large amount of that army himself, as could Dumbledore.

Sadako of Girth
Think Potter's lot'd probably take this one.

BruceSkywalker
Potter and crew get a victory

Pwned
Yeah, the magic throws it for them, unless they get tired or cant keep clearing the Uruks away while not being hit by arrows.

Legolas is particularly worrisome for them, but they can pull through.

I will now quote RJ, "C0NFUNDU5 UB3R W1N LULZ LULZ N0+H!NG B3AT5 H4RRY P0++3R!!!!1!111!1!11!"

Robtard
Whoa, whoa, whoa, lets not get ourselves flipped over here, yes the wizards are powerful; yes they could wreak the Uruk army with spells.

But Harry Potter himself coming out alive? Nah, he takes an arrow to the face.

NemeBro
Legolas is not fighting the Harry Potter gaiz Pwned, otherwise he would do something like riding the Avada Kedavra curse while putting arrows in their faces.

And yeah, Harry himself is gonna die. Shit, I would go as far as to say only Dumbledore and Voldemort would be left standing of the Wizards.

Pwned
As I said, they would have to stop hundreds of arrows while killing Urulks swarming from all sides, in an almost enevr ending wave. One wound and the Wizard is dead, they can barely take a punch, let alone an Uruk's slash.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Harry, Voldemort, Snape, Dumbledore & Hermanie find themselves in the LOTR universe at Helms Deep. Reinforcing them are 300 civilian Yeomen and a battalion of Elves. Acompanying them are Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. Opposition is 10,000 Uruk-ai (same as seen in film LOTR: TT). Do they survive the battle or die with their magic wands? They all apparate away as Voldemort casts fiendfyre.

Or Voldemort and Dumbledore solo with fiendfyre and firestorm. Physical attacks are repelled with a simple protego charm.

/thread.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Pwned
As I said, they would have to stop hundreds of arrows while killing Urulks swarming from all sides, in an almost enevr ending wave. One wound and the Wizard is dead, they can barely take a punch, let alone an Uruk's slash. Voldemort can render himself intangible and pretty easily stop all arrows. So could Dumbedore for that matter. Could turn all incoming arrows to dust.

Robtard
PATRONUS!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NemeBro
Voldemort can render himself intangible and pretty easily stop all arrows. So could Dumbedore for that matter. Could turn all incoming arrows to dust. thumb up Well said, dude.

Pwned
As I said, Magic takes it, throw in an army of Baslrogs and a dragon, wizards lose.

Fire+Balrog=Bad Idea

Rogue Jedi
Or the wizards can just go intangible and vanish them.

NemeBro
No.

The Wizards are not ****ing with the Balrog.

Rogue Jedi
No.

The Wizards are not ****ing with the Balrog. So you;re saying that they cannot vanish it? Cannot transfigure it? That all of their spells are useless?

Explain.

Nephthys
They've never done so with such a massive thing. Especially considering that it itself is a magical being.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
So you;re saying that they cannot vanish it? Cannot transfigure it? That all of their spells are useless?

Explain.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Balrog > HP-Verse

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
They've never done so with such a massive thing. Especially considering that it itself is a magical being. Being magical does not mean magical spells will not affect it. Even so, how's it gonna handle a death spell? How's it gonna harm intangible wizards?

Never done so with such a massive being? Kind of a lame argument, dude. That's like me saying "A lightsaber can't cut through King Kong because a lightsaber is never shown cutting through such a massive being."

Robtard
A lightsabre couldn't cut through King Kong, it could cut him though.

Edit: Probably be able to cut a finger off, depends on which Kong.

Nephthys
It does for dragons, giants, acromantula etc.

Dunno. Does it have a soul?

As Robtard said, it wouldn't go right through. And thats still a faulty analogy. It would be more like you asking whether a sith could Force Choke one. Could they?

dadudemon

Spell resistant, not proof. In fact, all were shown in the books (and films) to be affected by spells.

Dragons:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon#Spells_that_affect_dragons

Aurors killed lots of giants during Voldemort's first war to such an extent that the Giants fled to the mountains to hide.

Second year students (Harry and Ron) seemed to be able to smack down the Acromantula when running away. In fact, there seemed to be no indication that they were immune to any magic. In the last film, we should see the Deatheaters drive them out of the forest against Hogwarts.

I tried this line of reasoning, before, but it was tossed aside. I say that as long as something has a soul, it can be killed with a death spell. My reasoning is the after-image/soul of all the people Lord Volde killed with his wand when Harry's and his wand's clashed.

Rogue Jedi

As Robtard said, it wouldn't go right through. And thats still a faulty analogy. It would be more like you asking whether a sith could Force Choke one. Could they?

What DDM said. Also, how is the Balrog/s gonna harm intangible half apparating wizards? If a Balrog stepped into an inferno, would it burn?

Dunno. You tell me.

Dunno. Could they?

Robtard
If a Balrog stepped into an inferno, would it burn?

See, this is why watching the film or at the very least knowing the basics is good.

Balrogs are made in part of fire.

NemeBro
So you;re saying that they cannot vanish it? Cannot transfigure it? That all of their spells are useless?

Explain. Yes. The difficulty of the vanishing spell increases according to the complexity of the creature being vanished. The Balrog is a 25 or so foot walking inferno that bleeds what appears to be magma and can conjure weaponry from its own body, it is also an angelic being. Wanna know what the most advanced thing ever seen being vanished was? A kitten. no expression Balrogs are generally>Kittens. Transfigure it? Why no, no they most likely cannot. IIRC, nothing as large as a Balrog has ever been transfigured.

What DDM said. Also, how is the Balrog/s gonna harm intangible half apparating wizards? If a Balrog stepped into an inferno, would it burn?

Dunno. You tell me.

Dunno. Could they? The Balrog is ****ing made of fire. no expression What do you think? As for how it will harm them, to be honest I cannot prove it can harm them while intangible, but they can do no real damage to it.

As for Avada Kedavra, yeah no.

Balrogs cannot actually "die." No Maiar can, their body can be destroyed, but their "soul," if you can really call it that, is untouchable. And since Avada Kedavra affects the soul, not the body, will have no effect.

dadudemon
Balrogs cannot actually "die." No Maiar can, their body can be destroyed, but their "soul," if you can really call it that, is untouchable. And since Avada Kedavra affects the soul, not the body, will have no effect.

You have it backwards: the spell affects the body, not the soul.

It kills the body.

My personal take on it: it tears the soul out of the body while also killing the body.

Rogue Jedi
Yes. The difficulty of the vanishing spell increases according to the complexity of the creature being vanished. The Balrog is a 25 or so foot walking inferno that bleeds what appears to be magma and can conjure weaponry from its own body, it is also an angelic being. Wanna know what the most advanced thing ever seen being vanished was? A kitten. no expression Balrogs are generally>Kittens. Transfigure it? Why no, no they most likely cannot. IIRC, nothing as large as a Balrog has ever been transfigured.

The Balrog is ****ing made of fire. no expression What do you think? As for how it will harm them, to be honest I cannot prove it can harm them while intangible, but they can do no real damage to it.

As for Avada Kedavra, yeah no.

Balrogs cannot actually "die." No Maiar can, their body can be destroyed, but their "soul," if you can really call it that, is untouchable. And since Avada Kedavra affects the soul, not the body, will have no effect. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand how's this beast gonna harm intangible half apparating wizards? Wait they can't. Wait you answered that.

Barty Crouch Jr turned Draco into a ferret. Protego holds the Balrog at bay. Also, how hot does the Balrog burn?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
Whoa, whoa, whoa, lets not get ourselves flipped over here, yes the wizards are powerful; yes they could wreak the Uruk army with spells.

But Harry Potter himself coming out alive? Nah, he takes an arrow to the face.

I'd buy that for a silver penny....!
Maybe I was a little hasty....

I didn't realise the Balrog was involved....
The HP crew's shields couldn't repell Balrog power of that magnitude.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I'd buy that for a silver penny....!
Maybe I was a little hasty....

I didn't realise the Balrog was involved....
The HP crew's shields couldn't repell Balrog power of that magnitude.

The Balrog is not involved. Not in the OP.

And yes, a protego shield charm can repel it.

Sadako of Girth
Thats your speculation.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Sure it is!!! Tell me, how's the Balrog gonna see the wizards through a protego totalum? How's it gonna harm half apparating intangible wizards?

Robtard
haermm Sure it is!!! Tell me, how's the Balrog gonna see the wizards through a protego totalum?

How's it gonna harm half apparating intangible wizards?

Magical fire eyes.

Magical heat from said magical fire.

Magic, magic, magic, magic and more magic. Magic > All, no?

Rogue Jedi
Magical fire eyes.

Magical heat from said magical fire.

Magic, magic, magic, magic and more magic. Magic > All, no? Then it's a good thing that Protego kinda....blocks magic.

Nephthys
Shit, I'd forgotten about protego's ability to block any and every attack. Them wizards sure are haxxed.

Robtard
Then it's a good thing that Protego kinda....blocks magic.

Is it going to block a massive being's crushing feet?

Rogue Jedi
Is it going to block a massive being's crushing feet?

If not, the wizards can kinda, you know....apparate away. Or become intangible.....

Robtard
If not, the wizards can kinda, you know....apparate away. Or become intangible.....

Running away isn't winning, it's running away.

Rogue Jedi
Running away isn't winning, it's running away. Apparating a few feet away or high above it is not running away. Running away is apparating away with no intention of returning.

ares834

Robtard
Apparating a few feet away or high above it is not running away. Running away is apparating away with no intention of returning.

Which would be the smart thing to do.

Rogue Jedi
Which would be the smart thing to do. Does a Balrog have a mind? Is it capable of independent thought?

Robtard
Does a Balrog have a mind? Is it capable of independent thought?

All indications point that it is a thinking creature. But it's made of magma, fire and smoke, so it likely doesn't have a "mind" in the conventional sense.

Rogue Jedi
All indications point that it is a thinking creature. But it's made of magma, fire and smoke, so it likely doesn't have a "mind" in the conventional sense. How does it behave? Is it controlled by a sorceror?

Robtard
How does it behave? Is it controlled by a sorceror?

No, has its own mind. In the books, they were like generals of the evil forces.

Rogue Jedi
No, has its own mind. In the books, they were like generals of the evil forces. Then a wizard can mind rape it. Maybe a Jedi too.

Robtard
Then a wizard can mind rape it. Maybe a Jedi too.

Does the wizard mental-control extend to magical beings? Magical being made rock, fire and smoke?

Rogue Jedi
Does the wizard mental-control extend to magical beings? Magical being made rock, fire and smoke? Never said if it does or doesn't.

How does the Balrog sustain itself?

Robtard
Never said if it does or doesn't.

How does the Balrog sustain itself?

Well then, that's sort of a no limit fallacy, might as well argue that a wizard could mind-control God.

Drinks the tears of wizards.

Rogue Jedi
So, how does it sustain itself?

Robtard
So, how does it sustain itself?

No idea, considering it spent close to 5k years in the depths of the earth (going by the books),it likely doesn't have to, as it's magical and made of rock, fire and smoke.

Where are you going with this? The wizards would starve it out?

Rogue Jedi
No, just trying to learn more about it. What motivates it, what it's after.

Rock, fire and smoke........Let's see.....Rock can be controlled by telekinesis. The smoke, lulz. The fire? Weeeeeeeeeeeell.....You know.

Robtard
It's evil and likes to crush the weaker. Also likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, as long as it's not a heavy rain.

It's not just some boulder or pool of magma, it's a magical being composed of these things.

Rogue Jedi
And in the end, it cannot harm half apparating intangible wizards buzzing around it's head. I'm willing to bet they'd find a spell that works on it.

Robtard
And in the end, it cannot harm half apparating intangible wizards buzzing around it's head. I'm willing to bet they'd find a spell that works on it.

Probably the spell Runneth Awayus.

Rogue Jedi
Probably the spell Runneth Awayus. Guess force speed and force agility is the same then? Yeah.

NemeBro
Balrogs are angelic beings.

Lesser deities, basically.

Sadako of Girth
= Wizards having to stick their heads between their legs and kissing their asses goodbye.

Pwned
Actually, it isnt smoke, its Shadow.

If the fire grows, less shadow, shadow grows, less fire.

Water does nothing against them either.
Intagible? It breathes fire on them til they have to piss. Apparating? Envelopes the place in shadow so they cant see to apparate. They leave the arena=loss. Balrog>>>>Wizard.

Rogue Jedi
= Wizards having to stick their heads between their legs and kissing their asses goodbye. And Sidious would do better? Or Vader? Hmm?

I'm willing to bet you'll say yes.

Sadako of Girth
Maybe...

We know that the force can have effect on things that the are in the same universe that the force makes up.

smile We have a good idea how it works.

Unlike your silly wizard chums.

Robtard
And Sidious would do better? Or Vader? Hmm?

Force-crush might prove very handy.

But is this really your angle? Wizards can't do it, so lets try and bring Jedi down? Very odd, RJ.

Rogue Jedi
Force-crush might prove very handy.

But is this really your angle? Wizards can't do it, so lets try and bring Jedi down? Very odd, RJ. Good answer. Just the answer I would have given.

Now.......You DO know that wizards have destructive spells, yes? Spells that will make force crush look silly?

Robtard
Good answer. Just the answer I would have given.

Now.......You DO know that wizards have destructive spells, yes? Spells that will make force crush look silly?

No. You wouldn't have asked if so. Get off my thunder.

Destructive spells, yes. But will those said magical powers work on said magical being? Look silly? Nahh.

Rogue Jedi
No. You wouldn't have asked if so. Get off my thunder.

Destructive spells, yes. But will those said magical powers work on said magical being? Look silly? Nahh.

Oh they won't work, eh? Force crush works, but not a reducto spell? I call bullshit.

Pwned
I call that Force Crush is the Force, which affects anything and nothing is immune to it unless you go to EU and pull the Vong.

Some things are immune to magic, or, in other words, nothing stops the force except the force, while magic can be stopped by other things. Deal with it.

Rogue Jedi
And the force can only be harnessed so much by a force user. The overall strength of the force is not a feasible line of argument to use in he MVF. Magic screen feats>>>>>>>>>>>Force screen feats. It isn't even close.

Prove the Balrog will shrug off reducto? Yeah thought not. Until then, he's rubble.

Robtard
And the force can only be harnessed so much by a force user. The overall strength of the force is not a feasible line of argument to use in he MVF.

Magic screen feats>>>>>>>>>>>Force screen feats. It isn't even close.

Yeah, not really. Palpatine is proof of this, he used his power over the dark-side of the Force on a galactic scale(as the Force is galactic at least) to cloud all other Force-users. Yoda noted this, though he was ignorant to who was doing it.

Galactic level power manipulation >>>>>>>>>>>>> Patronus and anything else in the HP films. It's not even close.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, not really. Palpatine is proof of this, he used his power over the dark-side of the Force on a galactic scale(as the Force is galactic at least) to cloud all other Force-users. Yoda noted this, though he was ignorant to who was doing it.

Galactic level power manipulation >>>>>>>>>>>>> Patronus and anything else in the HP films. It's not even close.

Mhm, I'm talking about offensive force attacks. You know, stuff useful in a fight.

Try again.

Pwned
Have you made a career of trolling?

Honestly, you seem to think that HP magic is "Teh ub3r h@xx" when its not. It is completly limited, they have to freaking scream to use offensive spells, and there are not that many shown used in combat, so we dont even know who could use them while being attacked.

Rogue Jedi
Watch the HP movies, they're not as bad as they say here.

Want me to list the spells that'll do in the Balrog? In alphabetical order?

Pwned
Do it. I will tell you one thing

One of the only, and stilla very powerful wizard, couldnt kill it without dying. That thing took repeated stabs, lightning bolts, and a long fall, and still kept fighting like nothing happened.

So come on, say Avada Kedavra, because it wont work. Say ACCIO LUCK POTION LULZ because it wont work. Say whatever, it wont work. By the time the wizard is done screaming its spell out, the balrog just cut it in half or incinerated it.

Rogue Jedi
Do it. I will tell you one thing

One of the only, and stilla very powerful wizard, couldnt kill it without dying. That thing took repeated stabs, lightning bolts, and a long fall, and still kept fighting like nothing happened.

So come on, say Avada Kedavra, because it wont work. Say ACCIO LUCK POTION LULZ because it wont work. Say whatever, it wont work. By the time the wizard is done screaming its spell out, the balrog just cut it in half or incinerated it.
Off the top of my head:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Bombarda_Maxima

Then there's Reducto.

Then there's simple hovering charms, not to mention freezing charms. Many ways to stop the Balrog.

Pwned
As in make the balrog hover?

Wont work.

Freeze charm?

They are dead before that.

Reducto makes them smaller or what?

Besides, it can breathe hellfire dude, they wont have long before they die. Look in its mouth.

Rogue Jedi
As in make the balrog hover?

Wont work.

Freeze charm?

They are dead before that.

Reducto makes them smaller or what?

Besides, it can breathe hellfire dude, they wont have long before they die. Look in its mouth.

Hover charm won't work....why?

Dead before they go intangible? Doooooooooooh!!!!

Reducto is a blasting spell. Whatever is hits, it turns it into ash. Bombada does the same.

Immobulus and arresto momentum. All can be cast while flying around intangible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spells_in_Harry_Potter

And when all else fails, Protego.

Sadako of Girth
You've no proof that protego will have effect against the fury of the Balrog.

KingD19
Doesn't magic not work on all manner of creatures in the HP universe, like House Gnomes(Dobby) and Giants and Trolls? In agreement with Sadako, what proof is there it will work on one of the most powerful entities in the LOTR universe?

Sadako of Girth
Exactly, and thank you.

You have to 'scuse RJ... he clearly thought the thread title meant "Helm deep in Harry Potter". shifty

Pwned
Uh, RJ, I dont think they could make the Balrog hover, and if they did, whip.

Ok, turn shadow and fire to ash. Tell me how that works out in your mind.

Ok, they have to drop that eventually. A balrog is a freaking DEMON dude, it cant wait them out if nothing else, they cant take a sh!t while intangible, you know.

Oh, and lets see how long they last when they are flipping out with that huge thing trying to kill them. The person who actually killed it was someone who knew what it was, it immobilized the Hobbits from fear up to the point where the other told them to run like hell.

Watch the movie, you can see them staring at it like "OMFG THAT THING IS HUGE AND ITS GONNA KILL ME OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG AAAAAAAAAH" "RUN LIKE HELL DUMBASS! GOGOGOGOGO!"

Now lets see Wizards pull their fear into rein and attack it. They would probably run away, or still die.
Volde would try to bring it to his side, Dumbles would try to kill it. Both would meet a fiery doom.

Rogue Jedi
Uh, RJ, I dont think they could make the Balrog hover, and if they did, whip.

Ok, turn shadow and fire to ash. Tell me how that works out in your mind.

Ok, they have to drop that eventually. A balrog is a freaking DEMON dude, it cant wait them out if nothing else, they cant take a sh!t while intangible, you know.

Oh, and lets see how long they last when they are flipping out with that huge thing trying to kill them. The person who actually killed it was someone who knew what it was, it immobilized the Hobbits from fear up to the point where the other told them to run like hell.

Watch the movie, you can see them staring at it like "OMFG THAT THING IS HUGE AND ITS GONNA KILL ME OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG AAAAAAAAAH" "RUN LIKE HELL DUMBASS! GOGOGOGOGO!"

Now lets see Wizards pull their fear into rein and attack it. They would probably run away, or still die.
Volde would try to bring it to his side, Dumbles would try to kill it. Both would meet a fiery doom.

Immobulus>>>>>>>>>Your entire post.

Sadako of Girth
Except you've no guarantee whatsoever that that'd work on The Balrog.

Wizards: "Imobulus..!!!"

*Balrog keeps coming*

Wizards: "Reducto!!"

*Balrog continues to stomp forth at them, raising his whip*

Wizards: "Protego!!"

*Balrogs whip cuts through the wizards , ripping their torsos in half and casting the charred remains across the fortress.*

<<*Cue Annie Lennox*>> smokin'

Rogue Jedi
Except you've no guarantee whatsoever that that'd work on The Balrog.

Wizards: "Imobulus..!!!"

*Balrog keeps coming*

Wizards: "Reducto!!"

*Balrog continues to stomp forth at them, raising his whip*

Wizards: "Protego!!"

*Balrogs whip cuts through the wizards , ripping their torsos in half and casting the charred remains across the fortress.*

Nah, Immobulus works on whatever it is cast on.

What's the Balrog made of again?

Sadako of Girth
...in the Potterworld...against Potter world things..

Besides "pure win over the wizards" you mean...?
Hell 'n stuff.

Rogue Jedi
...in the Potterworld...against Potter world things..

Besides "pure win over the wizards" you mean...?
Hell 'n stuff. K, how is it killed/defeated in the end?

Sadako of Girth
It was smited upon the mountainside, by a uniquely, and appropriately ranked wizard (practitioner of real magic, not that HP shit), who was armed with exactly that which would be able to kill it..

Rogue Jedi
It was smited upon the mountainside, by a uniquely, and appropriately ranked wizard (practitioner of real magic, not that HP shit), who was armed with exactly that which would be able to kill it..

Define "smited upon the mountainside."

Details on how this uber wizard killed it.

Sadako of Girth
Do your own research. smile

If you dont know...just say.

But lets just say Harry has no chance of dragging him down to the underworld for it's destruction as Gandalf did, and lacks the experience in dealing with Balrog that Gandalf has....for starters.
Also even Gandalf died in the act of destroying Balrog..

Harry wouldn't stand a chance,

Rogue Jedi
Do your own research. smile

If you dont know...just say.

But lets just say Harry has no chance of dragging him down to the underworld for it's destruction as Gandalf did, and lacks the experience in dealing with Balrog that Gandalf has....for starters.
Also even Gandalf died in the act of destroying Balrog..

Harry wouldn't stand a chance, The mere fact that I am asking so many questions is a sure fire indicator that I don't know, dude.

So in this fight, there has to be an Underworld, right?

Sadako of Girth
Fair enough.
You do that a lot about SW too.

That would be logical...but it was accessed at a location this fight is nowhere near.

Rogue Jedi
I do that about SW for different reasons, babe. But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself to question my SW knowledge, if it gives you sense of well being, if you get off puffing out your E chest, carry on.

Yeah, this scene:

RsAO3M_nFJY&feature=related

I remember quite well. Puh-leeeeeeez, Voldemort would rape that thing ten times over. Any number of spells would work on it.

Stop wasting my time with such nonsense.

Sadako of Girth
The truth is always liberating...you're often way wrong about SW too, was the point of joinder. smile

laughing out loud Laughable. You're the one asserting nonsense. You have no reason to believe that the Boy Wizard has the goods or the cajones to get the job done.

Pwned
RJ, it was hurt when hitting Gandalf, cast down into a chasm, fought on a mountain, and hit repeatedly by lightning. On top of that, it took several sword hits right into its chest. That thing is made of Hellfire and Shadow. You cant turn it to ash.

Oh, and Immobulus? (or w/e) Yeah, lets see them use that while freaking out about that thing, or trying to find out what it is.

Sadako of Girth
The instant and non verbal spell "Fecallus Pantsius" will be cast on Harry the second Balrog turns up.

KingD19
I like how he ignored the fact that magic is totally ineffective against a large number of creatures in the HP verse....and Balrog trumps all of them.

Sadako of Girth
It was note worthy indeed. Selective logic/observance is always the order of the day for RJ when his tears flow for the wizards.

Rogue Jedi
RJ, it was hurt when hitting Gandalf, cast down into a chasm, fought on a mountain, and hit repeatedly by lightning. On top of that, it took several sword hits right into its chest. That thing is made of Hellfire and Shadow. You cant turn it to ash.

Oh, and Immobulus? (or w/e) Yeah, lets see them use that while freaking out about that thing, or trying to find out what it is.

K and some HP spells cause much more damage than sword hits.

Freak out? Get real, dude. Voldemort and Dumbledore aren't gonna freak out.

Harry either. Dude faced down a Hungarian Horntail and a Basilisk and didn't flinch. He casts Immobulus, the Balrog can't move, simple as that.

The truth is always liberating...you're often way wrong about SW too, was the point of joinder. smile

laughing out loud Laughable. You're the one asserting nonsense. You have no reason to believe that the Boy Wizard has the goods or the cajones to get the job done. Sure, if you say so.

Boy wizard? It's the ****in' Voldemort and Dumbledore, duder.

Sadako of Girth
Look at again at the thread title.
It said 'Harry Potter vs Helms deep.'

Rogue Jedi
Read the OP, Mr. Weasley.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhh well. It matters not, Susan...for they will still be Balrog fodder. smile

Rogue Jedi
Actually they won't. Harry holds it still while Dumbledore and Voldemort tear it apart. Their screen feats dictate this. I can name them, but you already know them.

No amount of Potter Hate in the world can can change this.

Sadako of Girth
Oh right in that scene they LAST fought a Balrog in?

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

You have ZERO reason to think that HP magic will affect the Balrog, and no amount of elbow-and-wrist destroyingly-frantic masturbation will ever change that.

BTW I dont hate HP, actually... I just think its silly. smile

Rogue Jedi
Oh right in that scene they LAST fought a Balrog in?

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

You have ZERO reason to think that HP magic will affect the Balrog, and no amount of elbow-and-wrist destroyingly-frantic masturbation will ever change that.

BTW I dont hate HP, actually... I just think its silly. smile

Harry fought a Hungarian Horntail, just as deadly an opponent. Also fought a Basilisk. He beat them both. LOL @ you thinking Voldemort and Dumbledore freaking out.

Why wouldn't HP magic affect it? I watched the vids of it and it showed no resistance to magic.

Sadako of Girth
So? The Hungarian horntail and the Basilisk were not The Balrog.

Certain types of Magic....ones that Gandalf himself knew and wielded.

Rogue Jedi
The Hungarian Horntail would eat the Balrog for lunch.

And that in no way proves that HP magic will have no affect on it. More of your "just cuz" bullshit.

You can't win this argument, dude, I've covered everything.

Sadako of Girth
Doubt it. Especially since you admitted already that you dont know what a Balrog is.

The burden of proof is on you to show us that Harry's magic will work.

I already have. smile

Rogue Jedi
I know what a Balrog is now. I knew before, I just didn't remember the name. Big ass slow moving behemoth on fire, child's play for Voldemort.

Considering that HP magic can control fire, can TK anything it wants, it looks highly likely that it will work on the Balrog.

No, you haven't. Not even close. Not even a dent. Not a scratch.

Sadako of Girth
The wizards have no chance. Their pussy magic will help them not one iota....prove otherwise....

Rogue Jedi
haermm I already have. Here, the fight between Gandalf and the Balsac:

44kBN340vd4

Show me where it displays anything that would suggest that it is resistant to HP magic. As it fell, Gandalf (epic badass, no denying this), was hurting it with a SWORD. A SWORD. Most HP spells do more damage than a SWORD. Sectumsempra, for example. Reducto will tear it apart. Not to mention, not to MENTION, dude, that wizards can control fire, and they can TK the shit out of rock and earth.

So no, the pressure is on YOU, Champ.

So.....Dumbledore casts Immobulus on it, Voldemort destroys it.

Sadako of Girth
Nope. No pressure on me....but its at crushing PSI levels on you though.

*Crack* their goes your skeleton...and the back of your argument.

You are ignorant as to the type of sword that that was.
IE One HP wizards would utterly lack.
Note also that the sword did not kill the beast after running it through on more that one occasion.
The Blarog was overcame by a list of things that the Potter squad would not be able to replicate.

Here.... these'll help you with those floods of tears and butthurt:
http://reflectionsinhindsight.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/kleenex-box2.jpg

Kazenji
Now thats a big tissue box

he can wipe his tears and and arse.

Rogue Jedi
Nope. No pressure on me....but its at crushing PSI levels on you though.

*Crack* their goes your skeleton...and the back of your argument.

You are ignorant as to the type of sword that that was.
IE One HP wizards would utterly lack.
Note also that the sword did not kill the beast after running it through on more that one occasion.
The Blarog was overcame by a list of things that the Potter squad would not be able to replicate.

Here.... these'll help you with those floods of tears and butthurt:
http://reflectionsinhindsight.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/kleenex-box2.jpg

Sure, and it's superior to this sword, how?

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Godric_Gryffindor%27s_Sword

Still haven't said where in the vid the Bal-Sac shows it would resist HP magic.

Oh wait, it didn't.

Yeah.......

So.....Immobulus to freeze it, Reducto reduces it to ashes. Prove me wrong. Show me where in the vid the Bal-Licker shows it would resist HP magic.

Sadako of Girth
'Cause its made with elven magic.

That works on Balrogs.

smile

Evilbigfoot
Actually, it isnt smoke, its Shadow.

If the fire grows, less shadow, shadow grows, less fire.

Water does nothing against them either.
Intagible? It breathes fire on them til they have to piss. Apparating? Envelopes the place in shadow so they cant see to apparate. They leave the arena=loss. Balrog>>>>Wizard.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Rogue Jedi
'Cause its made with elven magic.

That works on Balrogs.

smile

Goblin magic, elven magic, whatever.

Still waiting on where it showed it would have resistance to HP magic. Oh wait, it didn't.

Sadako of Girth
It doesn't have to.

YOURE the one making the claim that HP magic will affect it... so YOU have to prove it. Simples.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Evilbigfoot
thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb down As the Balrog is trampling around in the vid below, you can hear it's feet smashing into the ground. It is literally shaking the foundation with each step. At 1:59, as it passes under the archway, it's back hits the underside of the archway and it crumbles. Also, as it tries to attack Gandalf, it's weight causes the bridge to collapse. Sure, Gandalf weakened it with his staff stabby thing, but the weight of the Balrog collapsed it.

44kBN340vd4

What does this tell us? That it is solid, that it is much more than shadows. You can see it hitting the sides of the cave as Gandalf fell with it. You can see a splash in the water when it hits bottom. You can see the mountain crumbling as it falls after Gandalf finished it.

No. Mere smoke does not do this. It dissipates. The Balrog is a solid form. And since it is a solid form, it can be frozen via Immobulus, it can be reduced to pebbles via Reducto.

Rogue Jedi
It doesn't have to.

YOURE the one making the claim that HP magic will affect it... so YOU have to prove it. Simples. Just did.

Sadako of Girth
Nope. Thats heavily disputed.

Robtard
Sure, and it's superior to this sword, how?

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Godric_Gryffindor%27s_Sword

For one, Gandalf's blade doesn't look like some phaggy ornate piece of nonsense befit only in opening envelopes as that sword does.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah that thing is a toothpick compared to Gandalf's mighty chopper.

Rogue Jedi
Nope. Thats heavily disputed. How so? You claim the Balrog is magic resistant, I'm asking for a scene where it displays this.

It's easy. Just tell me what part of the vid.

Sadako of Girth
I said its not proven that HP magic would work.

And its looking like an accurate assessment.

You're certainly not able to prove otherwise, by the look of it.

Rogue Jedi
I said its not proven that HP magic would work.

And its looking like an accurate assessment.

You're certainly not able to prove otherwise, by the look of it. Considering the fact that HP magic was shown blasting through thick ass stone walls and reducing a 4 foot thick stone training dummy to pebbles, yeah, it's work just fine.

The Balrog is not resistant to magic. Not in any way, shape or form. Show me where it was.

Sadako of Girth
Ok. It was resistant to Gandalfs because he was the keeper of the secret fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Fire

Noone else could mess with it.

Only Elves can duke it, with protracted battles using their weapons and magic and the Balrog falling massive heights in the end or Gandalf doing the same.

Pretty much all else who faced them ever died.

Now... where is your proof that Harry and co have the stones?

Rogue Jedi
Ok. It was resistant to Gandalfs because he was the keeper of the secret fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Fire

Noone else could mess with it.

Now... where is your proof that Harry and co have the stones? And where, pretell, did Gandalf perform a magic attack with this....Keeper of the fire stuff? All I saw was him yelling "You shall not pass", then the Balrog fell, then he stabbed it.

Proof? haermm I already listed them, Champ.

Robtard
And where, pretell, did Gandalf perform a magic attack with this....Keeper of the fire stuff? All I saw was him yelling "You shall not pass", then the Balrog fell, then he stabbed it.

Did you miss the part where Gandalf made a protective shield and the Balrog's magma-sword melted around it?

Gandalf also used the magic of his staff to weaken/crack the bridge; that's why the Balrog fell.

Sadako of Girth
And where, pretell, did Gandalf perform a magic attack with this....Keeper of the fire stuff? All I saw was him yelling "You shall not pass", then the Balrog fell, then he stabbed it.

He uses it to establish a barrier, yes.
He says about being the keeper of the fire there. Its there..listen.

No you haven't. smile

Sadako of Girth
Did you miss the part where Gandalf made a protective shield and the Balrog's magma-sword melted around it?

Gandalf also used the magic of his staff to weaken/crack the bridge; that's why the Balrog fell.

Exactamundo.

Rogue Jedi

Ah, so the Balrog's weapon melted when hitting the shield....

Mhm, I know. The weight of the Balrog caused the bridge to collapse. This proves it is far more than just shadows.smoke/whatever. It is a solid being that will torn apart by Reducto.

See what I did there?

Robtard
Ah, so the Balrog's weapon melted when hitting the shield....

Mhm, I know. The weight of the Balrog caused the bridge to collapse. This proves it is far more than just shadows.smoke/whatever. It is a solid being that will torn apart by Reducto.

See what I did there?

Specifically, Gandalf's shield and who he was, hence the "I am the blah, blah, blah... and your ***** ass won't pass."

You see Gandalf strike the bridge and affect it, he purposely did so to drop the Balrog, as he likely knew he couldn't hold it at bay indefinitely.

Again, does that spell work on powerful magical beings as it does a bit of furniture?

Rogue Jedi
Specifically, Gandalf's shield and who he was, hence the "I am the blah, blah, blah... and your ***** ass won't pass."

You see Gandalf strike the bridge and affect it, he purposely did so to drop the Balrog, as he likely knew he couldn't hold it at bay indefinitely.

Again, does that spell work on powerful magical beings as it does a bit of furniture?

The Balrog itself showed no resistance to magic, dude. None.

HP spells are shown destroying everything from a door, to a stone training dummy, to a section of stone wall. It does so with the same efficiency each time. It might take a few strikes, but in the end, Reducto will reduce it to ashes.

And a protego shield charm will hold it at bay.

Besides, this thread is over. The Balrog was not in the OP.

Robtard
The Balrog itself showed no resistance to magic, dude. None.

HP spells are shown destroying everything from a door, to a stone training dummy, to a section of stone wall. It does so with the same efficiency each time. It might take a few strikes, but in the end, Reducto will reduce it to ashes.

And a protego shield charm will hold it at bay.

Besides, this thread is over. The Balrog was not in the OP.

Well, that's a no limit fallacy, isn't it. So Reducto could destroy a continent? The Moon? The Sun? Reading the HP wiki on it, Reducto seems to have trouble destroying magical things.

Would it?

I know, so why debate to vehemently over the wizards yet "pwning" all?

Rogue Jedi
Well, that's a no limit fallacy, isn't it. So Reducto could destroy a continent? The Moon? The Sun? Reading the HP wiki on it, Reducto seems to have trouble destroying magical things.

Would it?

I know, so why debate to vehemently over the wizards yet "pwning" all? Reducto had trouble destroying a hocrux, that's all.

The moon? Lulz, dude, exaggerate much?

Robtard
Reducto had trouble destroying a hocrux, that's all.

The moon? Lulz, dude, exaggerate much?

No,there's more in the HP link. And what was the most impressive feat of destruction shown? A table? Bit of wall?

Rogue Jedi
No,there's more in the HP link. And what was the most impressive feat of destruction shown? A table? Bit of wall? An entire section of stone wall.

Voldy goes intangible and hits the Balrog with a dozen or so and it's done.

Lulz at adding the Balrog to this thread.

Robtard
An entire section of stone wall.

Voldy goes intangible and hits the Balrog with a dozen or so and it's done.

Lulz at adding the Balrog to this thread.

Stone wall which isn't a magical living being.

I didn't add it; not my thread.

Rogue Jedi
Stone wall which isn't a magical living being.

I didn't add it; not my thread.

There's literally no way to prove one way or the other, dude. Literally. It's a waste of time. What we do know is that the Balrog showed no resistance to magical attacks.

Sadako of Girth
Actually Balrog resisted Gandalf's command under his magic for the Balrog to go back to the shadow from whence it came, dude.

Watching this link, several things occurred to me about a face off at Helm's deep.
44kBN340vd4

Swords other than Gandalfs were of no use against the Balrog: Confirmed by Gandalf in his advice to the others..

Theres no narrow bridge above a chasm and massive drop against fast moving walls (The kind which battered Balrog as he fell)...
On Helm's Deep territory, the wizards are screwed.

The HP wizards dont know the Magic that Gandalf Employed.

They aren't Gandalf and dont have his resistance, damage soak, stamina, ability to absorb lightning, any of that stuff. Theyre screwed.

The 1st attack that you see Balrog launch against Gandalf would have killed anyone not using that specific magic.

These in addition to the fact that you cannot assert that HP magic will work on the Balrog at all with any measure of conviction or certainty makes you cocky assertions exposable as the poop that they are.

But hey. Never mind...there are some tissues in the room of requirement for ya.

(For wiping your tears away, rather than the other reason you need tissues for when you go to the room to think about wizards....)

Rogue Jedi
Yes, but the Balrog never resisted a spell that is designed to destroy, a direct offensive spell.

If anything, what you said implies that the Balrog can resist Legilimens.

Is this suddenly a Gandalf respect thread?

Sadako of Girth
He resisted None shall pass, with his whip....

Legilimens is HP magic. Thats is unproven in the LOTR world.

Its not. Why do you insist that he get no respect?

Rogue Jedi
But that was not a direct offensive spell, a spell designed to destroy.

Just saying, mind control, he seems resistant to.

No, he gets mad respect, I already implied this earlier.

Sadako of Girth
It wasn't an offensive spell, but it was designed to destroy anyone coming forward.

A landmine might not be an offensive weapon, but you certainly wouldn't want to go tap dancing on one.

Then the answer to your question of why he gets mad respect, is "You gave him mad respect".

Rogue Jedi
It wasn't an offensive spell, but it was designed to destroy anyone coming forward.

A landmine might not be an offensive weapon, but you certainly wouldn't want to go tap dancing on one.

Then the answer to your question of why he gets mad respect, is "You gave him mad respect".

Sure about that? Or was it more of a barrier?

Er. Ok.

Ok?

Sadako of Girth
Yes Im sure.
Its a barrier, its also what I said.

Defensive magic in any case.

Rogue Jedi
K, but still not a spell designed to destroy what it makes contact with. It's like comparing a barbed wire fence to a hand grenade.

Robtard
K, but still not a spell designed to destroy what it makes contact with. It's like comparing a barbed wire fence to a hand grenade.

Comparing a massive magical being made of magma, fire and smoke to a stone wall insisting equally stupid?

Rogue Jedi
Comparing a massive magical being made of magma, fire and smoke to a stone wall insisting equally stupid? The spell, babe, not the beast.

Robtard
The spell, babe, not the beast.

The beast, b!tch, not the spell. See?

Pwned
RJ, have you missed the HUGE shadow cloud hanging around it? Yes, it has a body, but it also has all the shadow with it, you ont know where any part of it is apart from legs, arms, and head. You can guess as to where the torso is (obviously) but you dont know where its vitals are (if it has them)
Your neglecting everything we say just asking for proof that HP magic affects it. Well, if HP magic has trouble affecting magical creatures in its own universe, why the HELL do you think itll work on a freaking fallen angel from another universe?

As somebody said, Gandalf said "Swords are useless here, RUN!"

Honestly, the wizards get their ass kicked here. No doubt. They cant kill that thing very easily, lulz @ Immobulus, Intangible, and Reducto.

Id like to see them hit a large, dangerous, magical, fallen angel attacking them with fire and shadow, with a simple Reducto spell. Id also like to see it do anything, as the best its done is destroyed ordianary stone walls. Give me a M72 LAW and I can do more.
Funny how you think they wouldnt sh*t their pants when they see it. Why exactly would they not?

Rogue Jedi
RJ, have you missed the HUGE shadow cloud hanging around it? Yes, it has a body, but it also has all the shadow with it, you ont know where any part of it is apart from legs, arms, and head. You can guess as to where the torso is (obviously) but you dont know where its vitals are (if it has them)
Your neglecting everything we say just asking for proof that HP magic affects it. Well, if HP magic has trouble affecting magical creatures in its own universe, why the HELL do you think itll work on a freaking fallen angel from another universe?

As somebody said, Gandalf said "Swords are useless here, RUN!"

Honestly, the wizards get their ass kicked here. No doubt. They cant kill that thing very easily, lulz @ Immobulus, Intangible, and Reducto.

Id like to see them hit a large, dangerous, magical, fallen angel attacking them with fire and shadow, with a simple Reducto spell. Id also like to see it do anything, as the best its done is destroyed ordianary stone walls. Give me a M72 LAW and I can do more.
Funny how you think they wouldnt sh*t their pants when they see it. Why exactly would they not?

Name a time when a wizard, Harry in particular, shit their pants when confronted with a big Beastie.

The Balrog is solid, I have already proven this. It's literally shakes the foundation as it lumbers about, it crushed a stone pillar as it tried to get to Gandalf, it was hitting the walls of the chasm as it fell.

As I said earlier, at no time was it hit with an offensive spell. There's no way to prove either way if it can be harmed that way, we have nothing to work with.

Pwned
I never denied that it is solid, in fact I have said so several times. You apparently are neglecting that A)The Balrog took days to kill, including magic (magical lightning no less, watch vid of fight on top of Caradhras) sword stabs, and falling a very very very long chasm into a giant pool of water (something normal humans cant survive from about 100+feet I think not quite sure)

Oh, and if you didnt notice, dwarven stonework? That stuff and hold a bit more than a balrogs weight, nice try trying to say the balrog broke the bridge on its own. Gandalf weakened it, watch closely when he first hits it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>