Doctor Octopus: Who the most powerful character...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
..... he could defeat ?

1.Doc has his adamantium arms and forcefield.

2.Same as above but with 24 hrs prep.

Parmaniac
The prob with the prep is we don't really know his resources they seem to be pretty vast though recently.

I'll have to check the characters listed in the tiers to make a list but I think a shitload of people will fall.

JakeTheBank
He was recently stated to be an Avengers level threat should he ever tire of constantly warring and obsessing over purely Spider-Man.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He was recently stated to be an Avengers level threat should he ever tire of constantly warring and obsessing over purely Spider-Man. how...couldn't a bullet to the head take him out?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
how...couldn't a bullet to the head take him out? His intellect and resources make him a serious threat.

JakeTheBank
how...couldn't a bullet to the head take him out?

His durability, or lack thereof, doesn't detract from the fact that Otto Octavious really is a legitimate threat to the world at large if he wants to be. Hell, he's busy fighting Iron Man currently, which is a massive step up from Spider-Man.

Parmaniac
Hell, he's busy fighting Iron Man currently, which is a massive step up from Spider-Man. sneer

inimalist
how...couldn't a bullet to the head take him out?

The same could be said of Lex Luthor, could it not?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Nihilist
..... he could defeat ?

1.Doc has his adamantium arms and forcefield.

2.Same as above but with 24 hrs prep.

What forcefield are we talking about here?

He was recently stated to be an Avengers level threat should he ever tire of constantly warring and obsessing over purely Spider-Man.

Awesome, Ock is one of my favorite Spidey villains.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Awesome, Ock is one of my favorite Spidey villains. Have you read his appereance in Iron man?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Have you read his appereance in Iron man?

Not yet, I'm out of touch with Invincible Iron Man. Good stuff? Think I'll catch up soon.

Kid Kurdy
His durability, or lack thereof, doesn't detract from the fact that Otto Octavious really is a legitimate threat to the world at large if he wants to be. Hell, he's busy fighting Iron Man currently, which is a massive step up from Spider-Man.
You mean a small step, don't you ?

Starscream M
His durability, or lack thereof, doesn't detract from the fact that Otto Octavious really is a legitimate threat to the world at large if he wants to be. Hell, he's busy fighting Iron Man currently, which is a massive step up from Spider-Man. I don't understand, how the hell does he give IM trouble? Why can't IM just blast him in his face?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
You mean a small step, don't you ?

Nope.

Parmaniac
Not yet, I'm out of touch with Invincible Iron Man. Good stuff? Think I'll catch up soon. IDK I've only picked it up cause Ock was in it and it leads into Fear Itself but the issue is priceless funny as hell. I don't wanna spoil though.

JakeTheBank
I don't understand, how the hell does he give IM trouble? Why can't IM just blast him in his face?

He's prepped for him, and as I understand it, is blackmailing Tony into helping him.

In a straight up fight, I can't speak for how good Otto is nowadays, but his tech has appeared to have been upgraded substantially.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
IDK I've only picked it up cause Ock was in it and it leads into Fear Itself but the issue is priceless funny as hell. I don't wanna spoil though.

OK, thanks smile

Tha C-Master
Nope. Iron Man and Spider-Man are both cool.

Spider-Man could be a larger force if he used his potential and smarts more. I guess he likes doing the friendly neighborhood thing.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Iron Man and Spider-Man are both cool.

Spider-Man could be a larger force if he used his potential and smarts more. I guess he likes doing the friendly neighborhood thing.

I like both, but Iron Man consistently fights on a larger scope than Spidey and has the means to do so far more frequently than him. In the grand scheme of things, Iron Man would be ranked a higher threat to villains and the like than Spidey would be.

Starscream M
In the grand scheme of things, Iron Man would be ranked a higher threat to villains and the like than Spidey would be. duh.

JakeTheBank
duh.

Winning?

Kid Kurdy
Iron Man > Spider-Man, on paper there is no real contest.

But Iron Man vs a non-holding back Spider-Man ? Spider-Man can get a few wins (he webbed him completely up one time, which is a clear win, and tore apart the Iron Man from the future).

In one of the last issues of What If - yeah yeah non canon, I know - he and Iron Man had a long, great fight which, I think, Spider-Man won.

Tha C-Master
I like both, but Iron Man consistently fights on a larger scope than Spidey and has the means to do so far more frequently than him. In the grand scheme of things, Iron Man would be ranked a higher threat to villains and the like than Spidey would be. Oh of course by what he does. I just think Spider-Man has more potential and Tony, Reed, etc. Have said it.

I wonder how he would do full potential with the resources Tony has.

JakeTheBank

But Iron Man vs a non-holding back Spider-Man ? Spider-Man can get a few wins (he webbed him completely up one time, which is a clear win, and tore apart the Iron Man from the future).

In one of the last issues of What If - yeah yeah non canon, I know - he and Iron Man had a long, great fight which, I think, Spider-Man won.

Yes, but a non-holding back Iron Man versus a likewise non-holding back Spider-Man would likely be a very different story.

Starscream M

In one of the last issues of What If - yeah yeah non canon, I know - he and Iron Man had a long, great fight which, I think, Spider-Man won. no, spiderman cannot get any wins over iron man unless they're fighting in some environment where spiderman can use something to hurt IM

otherwise, spiderman can do jack shit to ironman. webbing is nothing to IM who can easily blast it to bits.

Kid Kurdy
I like both, but Iron Man consistently fights on a larger scope than Spidey and has the means to do so far more frequently than him. In the grand scheme of things, Iron Man would be ranked a higher threat to villains and the like than Spidey would be.
Then again, Iron Man's rogue gallery is a bit... lame.

Kid Kurdy
no, spiderman cannot get any wins over iron man unless they're fighting in some environment where spiderman can use something to hurt IM

otherwise, spiderman can do jack shit to ironman. webbing is nothing to IM who can easily blast it to bits.
Except that he couldn't when they fought.

Kid Kurdy
Here is the proof.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/44765/1035461-amazing_spider_man_20070815002958491_super.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Yes, but a non-holding back Iron Man versus a likewise non-holding back Spider-Man would likely be a very different story.

thumb up

SamZED
Awesome, Ock is one of my favorite Spidey villains. Man, if you really like Ock, you should go get 2 last IM issues like right now.

no, spiderman cannot get any wins over iron man unless they're fighting in some environment where spiderman can use something to hurt IM
I honestly cant think of a single fight where Spider-man failed to damage his armor with his bare hands.

On the subject, it looks like Ock upgraded his tentacles, they were strong enough to restrain Tony.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.