Will Superman tank all?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermutant
Can a Bloodlusted and fully sun dipped Superman tank the following:

retcon punch by SBP
Blackbolt whispering F U in Clark's ear
godblast by Thor
godwave by WW
belly flop by Blob
point blank thunderclap by WWH
20 seconds speed blitzed by Flash Wally and Zoom
running charge by the juggernaut
a right cross by zom strange

SquallX
Originally posted by Supermutant
Can a Bloodlusted and fully sun dipped Superman tank the following:

retcon punch by SBP
Blackbolt whispering F U in Clark's ear
godblast by Thor
godwave by WW
belly flop by Blob
point blank thunderclap by WWH
20 seconds speed blitzed by Flash Wally and Zoom
running charge by the juggernaut
a right cross by zom strange

1. No.
2. Maybe, and if he survive Clark won't be able to hear in long time.
3. Maybe.
4. No.
5. Really, Superman survived been slam in two between New Genesis, and Apokalips.
6. Yes.
7. Yes.
8. Yes.
9. Yes.

Supermutant
Blob belly flop = joke

Mindset
Didn't read the first post, but yes to everything.

MetalIsDead
Tank as in not dying?

retcon punch by SBP Y (there were circumstances for the retconing)
Blackbolt whispering F U in Clark's ear Y
godblast by Thor N
godwave by WW Y
belly flop by Blob Y
point blank thunderclap by WWH Y
20 seconds speed blitzed by Flash Wally and Zoom Y
running charge by the juggernaut Y Y
a right cross by zom strange N

the ninjak
Tank means take the damage without moving.

long pig
Where did that word come from allasudden? I had no clue what it meant till just now. smile

Silent Master
From RPG/MMO's

Lord Feron
Doesn't tank any of these. Survive yes but no to taking it with no ill affects or even being moved. (excluding blob of course)

Black bolt z
If you mean tank as in not taking any damage whatsoever...then he tanks the blob flop and thats it.

If you mean tank as if he survives...then he dies by thor and the rest survives.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Black bolt z
If you mean tank as in not taking any damage whatsoever...then he tanks the blob flop and thats it.

If you mean tank as if he survives...then he dies by thor and the rest survives. Retcon punch is debatable. Yes Luthor manipulated him into busting reality wall but it was still essentially Prime's strength that did it.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Uriel005
Retcon punch is debatable. Yes Luthor manipulated him into busting reality wall but it was still essentially Prime's strength that did it. I don't think it would kill him. It would major damage. But not kill.

Galan007
There is really no difference between Prime's 'retcon punches', and his 'standard punches' -- there is only a difference in where his punches were used. That said, a single punch from Prime certainly wouldn't kill/incapacitate regular Superman... Let alone the amped Superman specified in this thread.

Out of all the things listed, a 20 second blitz from Zoom/Wally has the potential to deliver the most damage, imo. But I still don't know what affect (if any) it would have on -this- Superman..?

Parmaniac
What the hell does fully sundipped mean?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
There is really no difference between Prime's 'retcon punches', and his 'standard punches' -- there is only a difference in where his punches were used. That said, a single punch from Prime certainly wouldn't kill/incapacitate regular Superman... Let alone the amped Superman specified in this thread.

Out of all the things listed, a 20 second blitz from Zoom/Wally has the potential to deliver the most damage, imo. But I still don't know what affect (if any) it would have on -this- Superman..?

thumb up to both points. Prime doesn't go around retconning the DCU willy nilly with his bare hands like people seem to believe. There's always circumstances regarding them, absurd as they may be.

Gecko4lif
retcon punch by SBP - Yes
Blackbolt whispering F U in Clark's ear - Yes
godblast by Thor - Maybe
godwave by WW - Mp
belly flop by Blob - rofl
point blank thunderclap by WWH - No concern
20 seconds speed blitzed by Flash Wally and Zoom - Little concern
running charge by the juggernaut - No concern
a right cross by zom strange - No concern

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up to both points. Prime doesn't go around retconning the DCU willy nilly with his bare hands like people seem to believe. There's always circumstances regarding them, absurd as they may be. Very true that's why I always laugh when someone acts like Prime can retcon punch anyone outside these specific circumstances in a versus thread.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by SquallX
1. No.
2. Maybe, and if he survive Clark won't be able to hear in long time.
3. Maybe.
4. No.
5. Really, Superman survived been slam in two between New Genesis, and Apokalips.
6. Yes.
7. Yes.
8. Yes.
9. Yes.

paisapower
If you all read action #900, you will see that the answer is yes he tanks them all

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by paisapower
If you all read action #900, you will see that the answer is yes he tanks them all Isn't that the issue where he got one shotted, and then withstood Lex's attacks when Lex was getting drastically weaker by the second?

Superman has much better, or actually more quantifiable feats than that.

Galan007
If you all read action #900, you will see that the answer is yes he tanks them all Anyone who read the issue knows that Cornell portrayed Superman horribly. He couldn't even breath in space on his own for Christ's sake. srsly

Mindset
I thought he held his breath. sad

Sr J-Bieb
Anyone who read the issue knows that Cornell portrayed Superman horribly. He couldn't even breath in space on his own for Christ's sake. srsly Your face was portrayed horribly.

I liked the bad showings.

quanchi112
If you all read action #900, you will see that the answer is yes he tanks them all You clearly hate the context of the feats you keep exaggerating.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Your face was portrayed horribly.

I liked the bad showings. Fortunately, Superman has somewhere around 783 other ongoing titles that he participates in... So I'm sure he'll keep racking up teh feets.

Sr J-Bieb
Fortunately, Superman has somewhere around 783 other ongoing titles that he participates in... So I'm sure he'll keep racking up teh feets. I doubt that immensely.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you all read action #900, you will see that the answer is yes he tanks them all

Been a while since anyone has shown that Clark can't survive in space without aid for extended periods of time or that Clark needed space ships to cover long distances of space.

Clark was one shotted and the implication for him not being disintegrated was that the entity Luthor merged with was limiting his infinite power reserves. True, he withstood multiple shots after, but Luthor had forsaken the power and was getting noticeably weaker with each attack.

It's also been a while since I've seen Superman bruised like that.

Anyways, If I was a Superman fan, it's not an issue I would advertise.

READ ACTION COMICS #900!

Philosophía
Superman has somewhere around 783 other ongoing titles that he participates in... So I'm sure he'll keep racking up teh feets. Using false stereotypes doesn't suit you. uhuh

This issue was good on the characterization - Lex, being the main one, but in terms of how it treated Superman, it was more like Byrne/Robinson all over again. I mean oxygen, what the hell?

Still, there's this:
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_supestanksinfiniteluthor1.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_supestanksinfiniteluthor2.jpg

Which took place before the PZ thing woke up and started limiting Lex's power, and also before it modified the nature of its power.

And Superman took that without budging.

So eat it, both you and bran.

Sr J-Bieb

Philosophía
Looks like it's just an angry effect... otherwise Lex just shot himself in the hand and arm, and contradicts weakened Lex damaging him if it was a power blast... Angry effect which spews energy directly at Superman.

Stop ruining my moment, *******.

Sr J-Bieb

Philosophía
*ruining You just modified the quote to make me look bad.

Like I said, *******.

Mindset

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
I haev a vagina. *have

Mindset

Black bolt z
laughing out loud

paisapower
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Anyways, If I was a Superman fan, it's not an issue I would advertise.

READ ACTION COMICS #900!

Why not
Just the realization that he needs Infinite power to destroy supes is gold

http://http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/6350/ccf0427201100001.th.jpg

that type of statement, known as literary embelishment, shouldn't be interpreted literally, as SM's own power doesn't comprehend an infinite anything, let alone durability, to justify it.

kgkg
Infinite durability sounds sexy.

quanchi112
Why not
Just the realization that he needs Infinite power to destroy supes is gold

http://http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/6350/ccf0427201100001.th.jpg He doesn't need infinite power to destroy Supes. It seals the deal is all.

Point is at no point did Superman tank infinite power and everyone knows it save you.

Prep-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.