Spyral vs Fantomex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

they fight in an alien metropolis

the ninjak
You mean Spiral?
She has teleportation and it would be a good fight but Fantomex is too much.
Though I've never really seen her range of spells.

Originally posted by the ninjak
You mean Spiral?
She has teleportation and it would be a good fight but Fantomex is too much.
Though I've never really seen her range of spells. thought her name was written with a y, that's the one

ExodusCloak
Spiral? Wha? Spiral stomps, hard.

leo will probably appear here sooner or later.

inimalist
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Spiral stomps, hard.

complexbrother
she would win via magig spell of some sort.

srankmissingnin
Unless Spiral has a magic immunity to Fantomex's misdirect, he should win nearly effortlessly.

her more ellaborate spell require complex dance movements to be cast which hinders her to an extent. fantomex's missdirection should work on her and he has EVA. I do not think this is one-sided.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
her more ellaborate spell require complex dance movements to be cast which hinders her to an extent. fantomex's missdirection should work on her and he has EVA. I do not think this is one-sided.

If his misdirct works there is literally nothing she can do, the fight could potentially be over in seconds.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If his misdirct works there is literally nothing she can do, the fight could potentially be over in seconds. assuming he just goes for it right off the bat, that might be right. but overall, she still has plenty resources of her own

Prep-Man
Isn't Spyral a dragon? :P And tossup.

Bentley
Spiral murders the poor punk.

iceman24567
Fantomex is too awesome for the silly smut

leonidas
depends. she has shown interdimensional level psi-skills (senses her name across dimensions and has cast psi-bolts interdimensionall) and has easily sensed a TRUE speedster in super-sabre who does have some pretty sweet superspeed combat feats. not sure exactly how this misdirection thing works though. also a myth that she needs complex dance feats to cast spells. simple hand motions depowered the avengers and magneto effortlessly. she can also cast illusions of her own, can deal with rogue h2h and crushed kurt with the sword. her reaction speed is enough to parry laser fire with her blade, she has transmuted the entire xmen roster at one time with a hand gesture (into kids and part-robots), has disintegration spells and a host of other things including shields and uber teleportation (which also doesn't require dancing). she also has limited precog (knew where supersabre would appear, ported there BEFORE him and ko'd him) which also makes me believe the misdirection would fail. she's also an uber genius on the level of hank mccoy and was considered a near-equal to pym himself as regards robotics. she could probably figure out how the eva worked, given some time. spiral would likely port into the air first, survey and allow her senses and psi do their thing.

frankly, if the misdirection thing doesn't work he gets stomped extremely hard. she's a legit teambuster (unless longshot is around.... sick ) and was even considered to be a candidate for the next sorcerer supreme. she is also sort of deux ex machina in that each appearance has her doing some new weird sh!t.

spiral rocks.

Originally posted by leonidas
depends. she has shown interdimensional level psi-skills (senses her name across dimensions and has cast psi-bolts interdimensionall) and has easily sensed a TRUE speedster in super-sabre who does have some pretty sweet superspeed combat feats. not sure exactly how this misdirection thing works though. also a myth that she needs complex dance feats to cast spells. simple hand motions depowered the avengers and magneto effortlessly. she can also cast illusions of her own, can deal with rogue h2h and crushed kurt with the sword. her reaction speed is enough to parry laser fire with her blade, she has transmuted the entire xmen roster at one time with a hand gesture (into kids and part-robots), has disintegration spells and a host of other things including shields and uber teleportation (which also doesn't require dancing). she also has limited precog (knew where supersabre would appear, ported there BEFORE him and ko'd him) which also makes me believe the misdirection would fail. she's also an uber genius on the level of hank mccoy and was considered a near-equal to pym himself as regards robotics. she could probably figure out how the eva worked, given some time. spiral would likely port into the air first, survey and allow her senses and psi do their thing.

frankly, if the misdirection thing doesn't work he gets stomped extremely hard. she's a legit teambuster (unless longshot is around.... sick ) and was even considered to be a candidate for the next sorcerer supreme. she is also sort of deux ex machina in that each appearance has her doing some new weird sh!t.

spiral rocks. i think there were some circumstances when she depowered the avengers, she couldnt up and do it midbattle and required they were still or something. iirc same goes for the xmen. its not a power she just blasts people with. she has also been defeated by a lot less, along with the sisterhood maddie put together.

fx is immune to tp, so her mindblasts, interdimensional or not, shouldn't accomplish much. doubt she can hack eva tbh. as for intellect, fx may not be beasts equal, but he is growing his very own en sabath nur in a surreal lab in the world and has displayed genius proficiency in several fields of biology and computer engineering, he may in fact have reprogrammed weapon XV. plus he stole a shrinking weapon from doom's castle and doom never even noticed. the weapon is now standard equipment for him too. he is very apt at h2h, downloading movements from his multiple brains.

missdirection is yet to fail on anyone including chuck and jean with the pf.

I would say this is pretty even.

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
i think there were some circumstances when she depowered the avengers, she couldnt up and do it midbattle and required they were still or something. iirc same goes for the xmen. its not a power she just blasts people with. she has also been defeated by a lot less, along with the sisterhood maddie put together.

fx is immune to tp, so her mindblasts, interdimensional or not, shouldn't accomplish much. doubt she can hack eva tbh. as for intellect, fx may not be beasts equal, but he is growing his very own en sabath nur in a surreal lab in the world and has displayed genius proficiency in several fields of biology and computer engineering, he may in fact have reprogrammed weapon XV. plus he stole a shrinking weapon from doom's castle and doom never even noticed. the weapon is now standard equipment for him too. he is very apt at h2h, downloading movements from his multiple brains.

missdirection is yet to fail on anyone including chuck and jean with the pf.

I would say this is pretty even.

not really, imo. his gimmick works and he, what--shoots her in the head?--or it doesn't and he dies. in terms of overall power she pretty much dwarfs him and most high metas as well.

being immune to tp doesn't necessarily mean you're immune to a psi-blast. and he's certainly not immune to transmutation for which there were no extenuating circumstances. she showed up, transmuted them all (the xmen) after deflecting a few blasts, simple as. the avengers--ALL of them, east and west coast, droids and gods and even tony's armor--DID have to be subdued first. they only need to be still. even mags was depowered easily as soon as he stood still. may not be able to get him still, but transmutation will end it everytime. or disintegration.

she can also phase/become intangible via interdimensional travel, so i don't know how he'd hit her were she actually using all of her abilities.

i said if she had time she could likely hack the eva. still think she could not that it would help in the battle. don't see why her precog wouldn't work, and her ability to react to superspeedsters and fly doesn't bode well for fx, even if he got the jump on her somehow. don't see h2h going well considering her skill with all 6 swords simultaneously.

either the misdirection thing works (don't know if it would but for the above reasons i'd say it wouldn't--not just because of her tp, but because of precog) or he dies via transmutation. if he somehow shot her while she wasn't looking in the head, that could end it i suppose, but not likely imo.

and seriously?? EVERY character has a bad loss in there somewhere, but spiral has VERY few.

ExodusCloak
Did Spiral get beat in the Sisterhood? I don't think she did. She teleported the girls out but I don't remember a bad showing? She did nothing...or everything she did was off panel. She saved Regans ass from being kicked, again.

Originally posted by leonidas
not really, imo. his gimmick works and he, what--shoots her in the head?--or it doesn't and he dies. in terms of overall power she pretty much dwarfs him and most high metas as well.

being immune to tp doesn't necessarily mean you're immune to a psi-blast. and he's certainly not immune to transmutation for which there were no extenuating circumstances. she showed up, transmuted them all (the xmen) after deflecting a few blasts, simple as. the avengers--ALL of them, east and west coast, droids and gods and even tony's armor--DID have to be subdued first. they only need to be still. even mags was depowered easily as soon as he stood still. may not be able to get him still, but transmutation will end it everytime. or disintegration.

she can also phase/become intangible via interdimensional travel, so i don't know how he'd hit her were she actually using all of her abilities.

i said if she had time she could likely hack the eva. still think she could not that it would help in the battle. don't see why her precog wouldn't work, and her ability to react to superspeedsters and fly doesn't bode well for fx, even if he got the jump on her somehow. don't see h2h going well considering her skill with all 6 swords simultaneously.

either the misdirection thing works (don't know if it would but for the above reasons i'd say it wouldn't--not just because of her tp, but because of precog) or he dies via transmutation. if he somehow shot her while she wasn't looking in the head, that could end it i suppose, but not likely imo.

and seriously?? EVERY character has a bad loss in there somewhere, but spiral has VERY few. didnt she prep in advance for turning the x-men into babies?

Did Spiral get beat in the Sisterhood? I don't think she did. She teleported the girls out but I don't remember a bad showing? She did nothing...or everything she did was off panel. She saved Regans ass from being kicked, again. I seem to recall them all getting hit by some general attacka nd fleeing, but I could be remembering iot wrong. maybe she just put her tail between her legs

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
I seem to recall them all getting hit by some general attacka nd fleeing, but I could be remembering iot wrong. maybe she just put her tail between her legs

Middle of studying at the moment so don't want to get the comics out but. She stabbed Nightcrawler and then I think it was off panel? Wolverine fought Deathstrike...she teleported Martinque out...God knows what she was up to she put Cyclops in his worst nightmare....Emma freed him then beat up Regan...again. I think Spiral shows up at the end to teleport them out. And that IRRC so the Red Queen can borrow their psi powers to put herself in Jeans body.

Some crazy shit like that.

illadelph12
laughing

Spiral. thumb up

ExodusCloak
Just looked at the last issue of the Sisterhood. Yep Spiral does really well. She knocks all of Dominos bullets out of the air and seems and then takes on Northstars speed and seems to hold her own. After the Red Queens demise she retreats.

I think that's a fairly neat reflex feat for her.

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
didnt she prep in advance for turning the x-men into babies?

the first time it was shown she did some minor thing with....powder?? or something in that annual with longshot. the second time she did it there was no prep or powder.

Just looked at the last issue of the Sisterhood. Yep Spiral does really well. She knocks all of Dominos bullets out of the air and seems and then takes on Northstars speed and seems to hold her own. After the Red Queens demise she retreats.

I think that's a fairly neat reflex feat for her.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.