Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
i thought there was a thread for this already but i couldn't find it. if there is one, merge it i guess.

theatrical trailer:

AMCUl0JqnJo&feature=player_embedded

Impediment
I think I saw Galvatron and Laserbeak.

The music also sounds dangerously similar to The Dark Knight's.

Nemesis X
Megan Fox...with blonde hair? And here I thought Sienna Guillory looked ugly with that hair color sick

Impediment
That's not Megan Fox; it's Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

marwash22
laughing out loud that's not Megan Fox.

EDIT: beat me to it.

Impediment

BruceSkywalker
will be seeing this...

Nemesis X
Are you sure? She looks like Megan. If that's somebody different then Shia Lebouf's character is possibly two-timing in that movie. That or Rosie is playing the same character who was previously played by Megan...

Remember the good old days when it was just about the Autobots and not about the pesky humans who get caught in crossfires all the time? I miss those days.

marwash22
yeah, it's not Megan; her and Michael Bay even had a war of words last year.

Without the human element, where would the drama come from? Unless you want 120 minutes of cgi robots on Cybertron, you need the human interaction.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by marwash22
yeah, it's not Megan; her and Michael Bay even had a war of words last year.

Without the human element, where would the drama come from? Unless you want 120 minutes of cgi robots on Cybertron, you need the human interaction.

I heard about that. Michael Bay is a jackass. What he's basically saying to Megan Fox is "Without me, you would've been nothing!" and really now, exactly how many people have won debates when they talk crap like that?

Sure we'll need to see things from a human's perspective when they're around a bunch of battles but do we have to make one of them the main protagonist when it should be Optimus Prime?

elfirrepins
I remember watching the first cartoon series. They were the coolest thing ever. Then I watched the first movie. The story was... OK. But the transformers, whom I thought were the coolest thing alive, now looked like scrap metal.

After watching two transformer movies I am still not impressed with it. I was hoping the third one will make the transformers cool again, but now it looks like they won't even involve the autobots (as if I thought they hadn't been played down already) and instead turning it into another "invasion" movie.

I'm all for the human aspect of the movie, but the transformers should be the stars of the show, but not like this.

Esau Cairn
Lokks good.

But for some reason, I can't put my finger on...Bay has the ability to make the spectacular...look boring.

RE: Blaxican
I'm not feeling the new girl. her face looks ****ed up to me, for some reason.

omgchos
Originally posted by marwash22
AMCUl0JqnJo&feature=player_embedded

no thumb down no thumb down no thumb down no thumb down no thumb down

Nemesis X
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I'm not feeling the new girl. her face looks ****ed up to me, for some reason.

Same here. She looks like a Megan Fox gone gawdy...and blonde.

Originally posted by omgchos
no thumb down no thumb down no thumb down no thumb down no thumb down

My thoughts exactly. I am really ticked by Optimus telling humanity that it's on its own. I recall in like a dozen Transformers episodes that had him say that even if the Autobots are viewed negatively by the human race, they would still try to protect it, he wouldn't be a douche who gets butthurt for not being told about something.

Amazing that most of that stuff going on the movie is all because the typical government has a fetish for keeping things classified. How many movies had this happen I wonder...

omgchos
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Same here. She looks like a Megan Fox gone gawdy...and blonde.

My thoughts exactly. I am really ticked by Optimus telling humanity that it's on its own. I recall in like a dozen Transformers episodes that had him say that even if they're viewed negatively by the human race, they would still try to protect it, he wouldn't be a douche who gets butthurt for not being told about something.

Amazing that most of that stuff going on the movie is all because the typical government has a fetish for keeping things classified. How many movies had this happen I wonder...
I see your point and i agree. But to be honest i didnt even watch the preview. The day i saw the teaser in the theaters i facepalmed. I just dont see how audiences could even take the second one seriously, let alone watch a third one. The first one was watchable at least with a few mistakes where the source material was concered. But i mean c'mon, Optimus beats the fallen in like 30 seconds for some reason. Which didnt even have a thing to do with him being a prime which didnt make sense anyway. He only did it with parts from the other guy. And somehow robots have god like powers that can show visions to teenager, bring them back to life and then send them a magical artifact. And a giant robot with balls that gets killed by this one use railgun. They could hit the machine itself? Or any of the other decepticons?

RE: Blaxican
A cheesy summer science fiction movie that has plotholes?! Unprecedented.

omgchos
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
A cheesy summer science fiction movie that has plotholes?! Unprecedented.
The first one had plotholes, Revenge of the fallen was a plothole. It was a brainless, schlocky, brain cell killer. Its for those people who wanna pay 12 bucks to watch robots punch each other. Might as well have watched the first one over again. At least u didnt pay 12 dollars.

Nemesis X
There's one plothole that doesn't make any sense to me in Revenge of the Fallen: Why is a little robot humping Megan's leg? How is it even possible for a robot to be turned on by humans? Shouldn't it be turned on by other robots instead? Does Michael Bay even know how procreation and sex drives work and what should not be in a robot?

omgchos
There's one plothole that doesn't make any sense to me in RoF: Why is a little robot humping Megan's leg? How is it even possible for a robot to be turned on by humans? Shouldn't it be turned on by other robots instead? Does Michael Bay even know how procreation and sex drives work and what should not be in a robot?
Micheal Bay seems to have suffered a slowly progressing brain disease that cause his films to become invreasingly more mind numbing as time goes on. Might be a contagious disease. Passed on from screen to person.

Nemesis X
Micheal Bay seems to have suffered a slowly progressing brain disease that cause his films to become invreasingly more mind numbing as time goes on. Might be a contagious disease. Passed on from screen to person.

Indeed.

omgchos
Indeed.
See even writing about it my mind was a little numb. All those spelling arrows.

Edit: More contageous than previously estimated. Airbourne perhaps.

Nemesis X
Why is this movie subtitled Dark of the Moon? Shouldn't it be Darkside of the Moon? I heard of an old band that titled their song that and it now makes me wonder if Micheal Bay scratched "side" out of there to avoid a lawsuit from Pinkfloyd.

omgchos
Why is this movie subtitled Dark of the Moon? Shouldn't it be Darkside of the Moon? I heard of an old band that titled their song that and it now makes me wonder if Micheal Bay scratched "side" out of there to avoid a lawsuit from Pinkfloyd.
Probably did. And it seems like its not gonna mean much to the story line tho that's speculation. I mean if the plot device was found on the dark side of the moon that still doesnt have much meaning to it. They didnt call the first transformers "The Ice of the North."

Nemesis X
Probably did. And it seems like its not gonna mean much to the story line tho that's speculation. I mean if the plot device was found on the dark side of the moon that still doesnt have much meaning to it. They didnt call the first transformers "The Ice of the North."

Well the trailer did show the army of Decepticons rising out of the ground on the moon. I heard that the humans and Autobots will have to find something to stop the invading forces and maybe it's located somewhere on the moon.

Edit: Wait, if the Fallen lived on the moon for years then shouldn't he have known that he had an army underneath his feet and used said army to have a chance at destroying the sun (or whatever lame goal he had)? Yet another plothole has been revealed and the movie hasn't even came out yet. Good job Micheal roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
I guess alot of folks missed the news a while back, Micheal Bay called the second movie crap blaming on the writers strike that happen because all he got was 15 pages for the script.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.