Superman giving up his US citizenship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
http://news.yahoo.com/s/newsarama/20110428/en_newsarama/supermanrenouncesuscitizenshipinactioncomics900

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110429/ap_en_ot/us_superman_s_citizenship

-Pr-
I honestly don't see them running with it in the comics...

Philosophía
I wish they would, because this makes perfect sense.

roughrider
They're downplaying it at DC already, but why not. Superman should look beyond his borders - but how bad will they portray the tension of the regular public against him now?

super pr*xy
well, he got honorary citizenship to who knows how many countries in superman 4.. i know, i know.. different canon.. point is he doesn't have to denounce his US citizenship to be honored as a "global citizen".. as a matter of fact, he can be NOT a citizen of any country and still be superman.. he shouldn't be limited just to the "american way".. superman is superman, may he be in the USA, the Philippines, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, China, North Korea, South Africa, Apokalyps or anywhere.. but not on krypton.. he's just kal-el in krypton..

-Pr-
He's been operating outside the USA at various times over the years anyway, his base has just always been Metropolis. I really don't see this, even if they somehow went with it, changing the status quo.

He's always travelled round the world doing good deeds.

Davis Bloome
I think this makes perfect sense in that Superman should be a citizen of the world, not just one particular country. If anything, executing this idea would make him that much more of a universal character.

Zack Fair

King Kandy
I agree... his commitment to good is not limited to any one country; why should his citizenship be?

WanderingDroid
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Supes. DC really tries to be unique...yeah, uniquely stupid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.