Thanos VS Cap Marvel Martian ManHunter Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hyperion Prime
First scenario Thanos has the Power Gem. He has just invaded the Justice League head quarters. When he teleports in there he is awaited by Captain Marvel(Batson), Superman and Martian Manhunter. Can he take them

Second scenario Thanos does not have the Power Gem.

I think he can take the first case scenario, but I think he is getting taken down in the second scenario.

Black bolt z
Thanos shit stomps epically in the first match.

In the second he wins 8/10.

zeel
thanos destroys them.

Hyperion Prime
You guys really thinks he does that good in the 2nd scenario without the power gem???? Really??? Those three are all high heralds.

Zack Fair
Giving Thanos ANY gem is bad.

MM needs to do the heavy telepathic bombarding if the team hopes to win the 2nd scenario. How would you guys rate MM's TP in contrast to Thanos'? Is it good enough to give him trouble while dealing with 2 physical powerhouses like Cap and Supes?

vince_slice
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Giving Thanos ANY gem is bad.

MM needs to do the heavy telepathic bombarding if the team hopes to win the 2nd scenario. How would you guys rate MM's TP in contrast to Thanos'? Is it good enough to give him trouble while dealing with 2 physical powerhouses like Cap and Supes?

Thanos TP resistance is pretty powerful. Mantis, Cosmos, and Moondragon couldn't hold back a weakened Thanos with their combined TP in Thanos Imperative.

Mindset
Are these guys fused or something, or did you forget the commas?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Mindset
Are these guys fused or something, or did you forget the commas?

Yeah I forgot the commas,,, I am just too lazy to write on here.

Omega Vision
1. Thanos wins.

2. Team wins.

Bouboumaster
1- Thanos spank them and makes things to them that we won't talk about here (basically, rape).

2- Thanos murder them, but it's less a spite.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
1. Thanos wins.

2. Team wins.
thumb up

long pig
Thanos first stops SM an CM's speed blitz by punching them. He then fights MM and when MM turns intangible, making physical contact impossible, you guessed it....Thanos punches him too. The almighty Thanos punch ftw! Thanopunch >>batkick. evil face

quanchi112
Thanos in both.

long pig
Pretty much, quan. I agree. They can't finish him. Oh...dude. We need to talk. pm me.

Diesldude
Team in both.
Setup one
Superman and Cap rock him with a combo punch while MM materializes/sneaks in and takes the gem.

Setup 2.
Superman Kicks his ass in while the other 2 eat some popcorn.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
Team in both.
Setup one
Superman and Cap rock him with a combo punch while MM materializes/sneaks in and takes the gem.

Setup 2.
Superman Kicks his ass in while the other 2 eat some popcorn. Shields. Also you can't back up your case at all with anything from the wonderful world of comics.

Diesldude
Originally posted by quanchi112
Shields. Also you can't back up your case at all with anything from the wonderful world of comics.

MM can phase through his shields to take the gem.

Flash (strong as an average person with his build) with his speed can hit as hard as superman. How much more damage can superman inflict with his more powerful punches aided by similar speed?
Superman has said that if he keeps hitting something, no matter what it is, it will eventually break.

Thanos goes down.

quanchi112
MM can phase through his shields to take the gem.

Flash (strong as an average person with his build) with his speed can hit as hard as superman. How much more damage can superman inflict with his more powerful punches aided by similar speed?
Superman has said that if he keeps hitting something, no matter what it is, it will eventually break.

Thanos goes down. No, he can't. He has to become tangible to grab it.

Forceblock, etc. If Galactus depletes vital energies while well nourished this team is screwed.

long pig
You two are totally neglecting the fact Thanos can punch them......with his fists.

quanchi112
Originally posted by long pig
You two are totally neglecting the fact Thanos can punch them......with his fists. You're also ignoring that's not his only option. The more you know the more you grow.

Diesldude
No, he can't. He has to become tangible to grab it.

Forceblock, etc. If Galactus depletes vital energies while well nourished this team is screwed.

A super infinite mass punch or 2 maybe 3 is going to overload any forceblocking shield.

We also have Captain Marvel who can zeus-amp. This team is simply too much for Thanos.

Diesldude
Originally posted by long pig
You two are totally neglecting the fact Thanos can punch them......with his fists.

Don't forget the engery blasts from his ass.

Mindset
zeus amp?

Nihilist
1.Thanos stomps

2.So its basicaly Thanos vs Superman then eh, Thanos still takes the majority.

quanchi112
A super infinite mass punch or 2 maybe 3 is going to overload any forceblocking shield.

We also have Captain Marvel who can zeus-amp. This team is simply too much for Thanos. Based off of what ? Do you think this attack is almost as powerful as a well nourished Galactus ?

Give me a few examples of him zeus amping and what he'd done. Thanos is the avatar of death, is unkillable, etc.

Batman-Prime
Team in both.
Setup one

Setup 2.

That's how it could very well be portrayed in comics. thumb up

JakeTheBank
The Power of Zeus can augment Cap's other attributes. It serves primarily as the source of his magical lightning based abilities.

Mindset
i dont buy it

StyleTime
Originally posted by Mindset
zeus amp?
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4364/hqdefaultg.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Power of Zeus can augment Cap's other attributes. It serves primarily as the source of his magical lightning based abilities. So in other words no proof whatsoever it can amp him anywhere near Thanos level. It's like saying surfer amps himself to hurt Thanos kinda thing.

Mindset
Originally posted by StyleTime
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4364/hqdefaultg.jpg thumb up

JakeTheBank
I don't think it would be enough to best Thanos, no.

Basically, the Power of Zeus is the catalyst for his other attributes and makes the totality of the Power of Shazam spell to make him equal/a peer to Superman as Superman is stronger than Hercules, for example.

JakeTheBank
So in other words no proof whatsoever it can amp him anywhere near Thanos level. It's like saying surfer amps himself to hurt Thanos kinda thing.

I didn't say it did.

He doesn't amp with Zeus' power enough to make it a regular go-to tactic, and he doesn't do it to the degree to be able to make him more powerful than Thanos, either.

quanchi112
I didn't say it did.

He doesn't amp with Zeus' power enough to make it a regular go-to tactic, and he doesn't do it to the degree to be able to make him more powerful than Thanos, either. Ddidn't say you did but someone else implied it. You just knifed his argument entirely but I kinda already have my suspicions who it is anyways.

JakeTheBank
Ddidn't say you did but someone else implied it. You just knifed his argument entirely but I kinda already have my suspicions who it is anyways.

Ah, fair enough.

I certainly don't think Cap's Zeus amped fists would be more detrimental to Thanos than Odin's amped backhands for example.

Diesldude
I didn't say it did.

He doesn't amp with Zeus' power enough to make it a regular go-to tactic, and he doesn't do it to the degree to be able to make him more powerful than Thanos, either.
Hey Jake,

This isn't Captain Marvel vs Thanos,

This is Captain Marvel, Superman, Martian Manhunter vs Thanos.

The above reference to Zeus amp was to show that IF (very big if) needed to help his Team, it is an option.

So far I've shown how they would attack him and why I think superman alone takes the second fight and that if needed Cap can help.

Diesldude
Sorry about the double post, but where did I say that Zeus Amped Captain Marvel is above Thanos?

IMO, If he is considered superman's equal( I don't) , he shouldn't need the amp.

JakeTheBank
Hey Jake,

This isn't Captain Marvel vs Thanos,

This is Captain Marvel, Superman, Martian Manhunter vs Thanos.

The above reference to Zeus amp was to show that IF (very big if) needed to help his Team, it is an option.

So far I've shown how they would attack him and why I think superman alone takes the second fight and that if needed Cap can help.

Hey.

I realize that.

I realize that as well.

Ok, but it won't really help or damn the team in any significant way, regardless of who wins.

You've shown how you feel they would attack him, yes. With the Power Gem, I certainly don't see the team winning the first encounter though and I don't see them taking or attempting to take the gem from him before they are in a bad shape. Without the gem, an argument can be made for either Thanos or the team.

Diesldude
Hey.

I certainly don't see the team winning the first encounter though and I don't see them taking or attempting to take the gem from him before they are in a bad shape. .

That is only the case if the team (in a forum fight) is unaware that the power gem is augmenting his abilities. Otherwise they will formulate a plan to remove the gem from Thanos and then proceed to attack him.

JakeTheBank
That is only the case if the team (in a forum fight) is unaware that the power gem is augmenting his abilities. Otherwise they will formulate a plan to remove the gem from Thanos and then proceed to attack him.

What kind of a plan? If he teleports in with the Gem and begins attacking, even with J'onn's ability to synchronize minds, it would be difficult for the three of them to come up with a plausible plan to wrest the Gem from him during the battle. And even if they do come up with a plan, it's doubtful it would succeed immediately and they can't really afford to fail or slip up against him.

Superfanboy
any1 from team solos

Hyperion Prime
Team in both.
Setup one

Setup 2.

They don't know anything about the Gem. So they would not be trying to take it.

And Superman by himself is not kicking Thanos ass. He may ask for an autograph, but other than that by himself he gets killed.

EDIT: I forgot MM could read his mind to learn about the gem.

quanchi112
Sorry about the double post, but where did I say that Zeus Amped Captain Marvel is above Thanos?

IMO, If he is considered superman's equal( I don't) , he shouldn't need the amp. You haven't proven someone on Superman's level is anywhere near Thanos'. This is debating 101.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.