Why does everyone like revan so much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

3 fishys
Why does everyone like revan so much

Stealth Moose
Because he rules. He's good at everything except having a real face.

truejedi
no one likes revan very much. we all hate him.

3 fishys
Originally posted by truejedi
no one likes revan very much. we all hate him.

Revan has lots of fans

Revan is awesome

Revan ftw

Revan

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by 3 fishys
Revan has lots of fans It's true, Revan never overheated.

Slash_KMC
Because narcissism is a common trait around here.

Jinsoku Takai
Whay do YOU like Revan so much?

Darth Angel
Because he is the main character of one of the best, if not arguably the best, Star Wars game.

truejedi
that's not an amazing reason to like him so much, but whatever floats your boat i guess.

RagingBoner
For many, textbook narcissistic personality disorder. A classic component of narcissism is the need for praise, admiration, and attention of others. KotOR provides the means for such: As the template!Revan, you are in a position to be feared, loved, worshiped, and undeniably respected by the vast majority of characters with whom you interact. This naturally feeds the fragile self esteems of certain players, who begin to identify themselves with the Dark Lord.

For others, like myself, they like the plot of the game and the "unique" opportunities Revan's story offers to the mythos.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by RagingBoner
For many, textbook narcissistic personality disorder. A classic component of narcissism is the need for praise, admiration, and attention of others. KotOR provides the means for such: As the template!Revan, you are in a position to be feared, loved, worshiped, and undeniably respected by the vast majority of characters with whom you interact. This naturally feeds the fragile self esteems of certain players, who begin to identify themselves with the Dark Lord.

For others, like myself, they like the plot of the game and the "unique" opportunities Revan's story offers to the mythos. Counterpoint: He kick ass!

Nephthys
To be fair, Revan is a bad enough dude in cutscenes and stuff that I can get over the player template aspect.

Malak: 'The darkside is strong in this place - I can feel its power!'
Revan: '......'
Malak: 'Is this wise. The ancient Jedi sealed this place.'
Malak: 'If we pass beyond this point, there is no turning back.'
Malak: 'The order will surely banish us.'
Malak: 'Are the secrets of the Star Forge so valuable? Can its power really be worth the risk?'
Revan' Oh I'm sorry *****, did you f*ckin' say something?'
Malak: '.......'
Revan: 'Yeah, didn't think so. Now wheres this f*cking map?'

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Angel
Because he is the main character of one of the best, if not arguably the best, Star Wars game. Uh, what? Revan and Starkiller's clone are not the same character.

Slash_KMC
A great game can't be made without good main characters. Republic Commando is arguably my favourite Star Wars game and the main characters have some of the best lines.

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
A great game can't be made without good main characters. Republic Commando is arguably my favourite Star Wars game and the main characters have some of the best lines.

Good news for you then: LucasFilm recently purchased the successor engine to that w on which Republic Commando was run and they rehired the game designer. Possible sequel in da wurkz.

Nephthys
Republic Commando was so epic. We need more stuff like that rather than lame-o Ashoka.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
A great game can't be made without good main characters. Republic Commando is arguably my favourite Star Wars game and the main characters have some of the best lines. Republic commandos sucked.

truejedi
the Star Wars strategy game really sucked.. what was that called?

RagingBoner
Originally posted by truejedi
the Star Wars strategy game really sucked.. what was that called?

There were many. Empire At War rocked, IMHO.

truejedi
i think Empire at War was the one I was talking about. It bored me, it seemed like a different version of the previous games based on Age of Empires.

RagingBoner
That was the point, I'd imagine.

Nephthys
Empire at War had it in it to be a great game but all the units moved so slowly in was just hairtearing.

I really liked it when the Force users would meet up and duel though. That was suitably epic.

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Nephthys
Empire at War had it in it to be a great game but all the units moved so slowly in was just hairtearing.

I really liked it when the Force users would meet up and duel though. That was suitably epic.

Ground battles are an immense pain in the ass for the Empire.

Nephthys
I never fought a single ground battle without at least one force-using hero. Without them (and with them) it was just a massive chore.

It was cool to see Vader Force crush a tank though.

RagingBoner
I never fought a single ground battle without at least one force-using hero. Without them (and with them) it was just a massive chore.

It was cool to see Vader Force crush a tank though.

Vader and Veers rock. Palpatine's too busy sitting his ass on Coruscant, surrounded by a metric ****ton of troops, tanks, and general heavy armor.

truejedi
You could seriously win the whole game with Vader. I'm not kidding he could be your only unit pretty much...

Nephthys
Nah, Palpatine was always on Endor massacring Ewoks in my game. I would have bought the game just for that.

QFT. Vader was so haxxed it was only slightly funny.

RagingBoner
Thank God for orbital bombardment. <3

edit: His Imperial Majesty, the Galactic Emperor, is above such petty displays of cruelty and sadism.

no expression

Nephthys
If I recall, he actually laughed while doing it as well. that was a nice touch. love

RagingBoner
If I recall, he actually laughed while doing it as well. that was a nice touch. love

Proving that EAW is nothing more than Rebel propaganda intended to sully the reputation of His Imperial Majesty's merciful nature and inherent sense of honor.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Republic commandos sucked.

Well **** you.

Have you played the game? Serious question, what did you think was so bad about it then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.