Loki vs. Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
Fight !

JakeTheBank
Current Loki loses, but Loki prior to that makes it interesting.

long pig
Dude! Great match up! I don't know if it's been done. If not then :tu: Do you even know how good they match up? Both got insane mental power, both shape shifters and can amp physical stats. Tons of stuff. MM was vulnerable to magic, not as much as Superman. (that was the case a few years ago). Yeah. I don't got a ****ing clue. I vote that when an awesome match up comes along like this, we get the mods to sticky it for a week or something. Like post of the week. It'll encourage quality threads. That a good Idea to you guys?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank Current Loki loses, but Loki prior to that makes it interesting.

did he lose his power or something?

JakeTheBank
Current Loki is a kid.

long pig
Good question. I didn't get why he said that myself.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, he's likely to relearn a lot of his previous talent in the pages of the current Journey into Mystery title, but as of now, Kid Loki would likely get straight up obliterated by J'onn. But "classic" Loki would give him one helluva fight.

chomperx9
Loki wins

long pig
Dude. Wtf is wrong with people giving one word answers? Explain or don't bother posting.

chomperx9
Originally posted by long pig
Dude. Wtf is wrong with people giving one word answers? Explain or don't bother posting. I just dont see anything that MM can do to Loki really.

JakeTheBank
I think Loki's assorted spell craft would net him the victory ultimately, as his avenues of attack are pretty open ended. If J'onn went intangible, something which Loki himself can do, Loki would still be able to attack him with his spells. A mental confrontation could go either way, as Loki's mental prowess, while not as good as J'onn's, is supplemented by his magic spells.

Visually, this fight would be great if drawn by a top notch artist.

long pig
Originally posted by chomperx9
I just dont see anything that MM can do to Loki really. Absolute physical supremacy. Way waaaaaay faster, way stronger and way more durable. Way better fighter. More intelligent and wise-experience(MM has all the knowledge of all of mars over i guess millions of years). Can loki handle a cl 100 blitz?

quanchi112
Absolute physical supremacy. Way waaaaaay faster, way stronger and way more durable. Way better fighter. More intelligent and wise-experience(MM has all the knowledge of all of mars over i guess millions of years). Can loki handle a cl 100 blitz? How is MM more intelligent than Loki ? Please.

JakeTheBank
Absolute physical supremacy. Way waaaaaay faster, way stronger and way more durable. Way better fighter. More intelligent and wise-experience(MM has all the knowledge of all of mars over i guess millions of years). Can loki handle a cl 100 blitz?

If the blitz reaches him before Loki teleports or goes intangible or something else, I do think Loki's durability is enough to be able to sustain quite a few blows before falling. He has taken blows from the Destroyer Armor and Mjolnir tosses before and at point blank range.

long pig
Originally posted by quanchi112
How is MM more intelligent than Loki ? Please. I just said how. MM is superhuman intelligent plus he's gotl the combined knowledge of every martian that's ever lived over the past million years. Mars was one of the most advanced cultures to exist. And MM has it all inside his head...from every map martial art that's ever existed to every super science stuff to all the wisdom that's ever existed on mars over the past million years. Loki has 2 thous years of learning on his own. No comparison.

Lord Feron
physical edge of MM can be debatable but ultimately unnecessary since loki really doesn't need to to that if he doesn't want to.

long pig
i totally agree. he can handle a blitz long enough to put up a shield. This is a good fight.

quanchi112
I just said how. MM is superhuman intelligent plus he's gotl the combined knowledge of every martian that's ever lived over the past million years. Mars was one of the most advanced cultures to exist. And MM has it all inside his head...from every map martial art that's ever existed to every super science stuff to all the wisdom that's ever existed on mars over the past million years. Loki has 2 thous years of learning on his own. No comparison. Since when does Loki only have two thousand years of experience ? MM isn't portrayed as the smartest guy in the room and I'd say it's safe to say most would say Batman is more intelligent than MM.

Loki has too many tricks and has fought a superior opponent to Mm as in Thor so I hardly see classic Loki even being winded for this one.

Mindset
MM isn't smarter than Loki.

No way, no how.

Deal with it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki wins. John's best hope is telepathy. Loki's too powerful for him otherwise.

Absolute physical supremacy. Way waaaaaay faster, way stronger and way more durable. Way better fighter. More intelligent and wise-experience(MM has all the knowledge of all of mars over i guess millions of years). Can loki handle a cl 100 blitz?

Martian Manhunter has faster movement speed but that's about it. Absolutely physical supremacy? You'd be hard pressed to prove this against a being

Far stronger? This is a real big misconception. People see Thor gaining the physical edge and they some how come to the conclusion that Loki is weak physically. Loki whether through amping or natural ability can make himself ridiculously strong. He can match John's strength. If he wants to, he can summon the Firesword and wreck John in close combat.

I've seen Loki completely physically outperform Masterson and I think Bill, match and even gain the edge over Thor temporarily. At one point, a portion of his essence inhabiting a mortal body was beating the shit out of the Merged Hulk IIRC. Said entity with a twitch of his finger created Fenris, Midgard Serpent and Hela stand ins that were powerful.

If John is a better fighter I can honestly say I haven't seen those skills be put to use.

More intelligent than Loki and wiser? What? That's a really bold claim my friend. Any feats come to mind?

What issue did John gain the experience of all Mars?

chomperx9
Absolute physical supremacy. Way waaaaaay faster, way stronger and way more durable. Way better fighter. More intelligent and wise-experience(MM has all the knowledge of all of mars over i guess millions of years). Can loki handle a cl 100 blitz? Stronger, Smarter ? come on now. Loki's abilities and Magic is above what MM can handle.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki wins. John's best hope is telepathy. Loki's too powerful for him otherwise.

Martian Manhunter has faster movement speed but that's about it. Absolutely physical supremacy? You'd be hard pressed to prove this against a being

Far stronger? This is a real big misconception. People see Thor gaining the physical edge and they some how come to the conclusion that Loki is weak physically. Loki whether through amping or natural ability can make himself ridiculously strong. He can match John's strength. If he wants to, he can summon the Firesword and wreck John in close combat.

I've seen Loki completely physically outperform Masterson and I think Bill, match and even gain the edge over Thor temporarily. At one point, a portion of his essence inhabiting a mortal body was beating the shit out of the Merged Hulk IIRC. Said entity with a twitch of his finger created Fenris, Midgard Serpent and Hela stand ins that were powerful.

If John is a better fighter I can honestly say I haven't seen those skills be put to use.

More intelligent than Loki and wiser? What? That's a really bold claim my friend. Any feats come to mind?

What issue did John gain the experience of all Mars?

cant agree more

long pig
Hasn't MM always had the xp of Mars? From what's been said, that's just a part of his character. It may be one of those forum myths that's circulated. Possibly like The Sword of Truth type thing. I don't mind being wrong. But as far as loki being equal physically, I just don't see it. Didn't Superman even comment about MM being ablet match him for a while. Either way, the physical abilities of the two probably aren't even important. It's all about MM being able or unable to handle some of the highest level of magic in comics. Even above Strange in a lot of ways. I seriously doubt the martian can.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I've never heard of it before now. I agree that Loki is too powerful for John. I would like to see a shape shifting contest between John and Loki.

Worst case scenario, Loki can amp his stats to John's level. His definitely inferior to Thor when it comes to physical strength -that's one of Thor's greatest attributes so Loki's cunning/intelligence gets play instead- but then again, so is John.

Superman has said that John is more powerful than him, that his one of the few people his afraid to fight etc. Essentially lip service. John is only equal to Clark physically in his and Martian Mind's dreams.

Speaking of Martian Mind, I'm kind of disappointed he hasn't participated in this thread.

Hyperion Prime
Loki wins this fight. Martian Man is not going to instantly blitz Loki. Loki has spells that can easily take out MM. Loki has fought everyone, and even threatned Seth the Egyptian Death god.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/sethheli.htm

Prep-Man
If MM uses some of his more exotic abilities I can see him winning. Like absorbing earth, splitting into 2, or using his special mind tricks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Going down the exotic route really isn't in John's best interest imo. Dividing himself or absorbing extra mass from the Earth is all well and good, but Loki is like a mini reality warper at times.

I still believe telepathy is his best bet.

Prep-Man
Can Loki warp MM when he's phased and in another dimension? Plus, he's just not absorbing mass, but amping all his stats and abilities when he's absorbing earth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think his ever affected anyone phasing but he has been shown to affect things in different dimensions/planes without any problem.

How would absorbing Earth amp something like telepathy and so on? From what I've seen, it only increases physical raw power.

Prep-Man
Oh? I thought it also boosted his abilities. My bad.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I've seen him use it to restore himself after his lost a great deal of mass and I believe to amp his might but I've never seen it amp his other abilities. If anyone knows of such scenes, input would be welcomed.

Prep-Man
Was this Ostranders run? This is where I heard he did it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.