Django Unchained

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Django Unchained the spagetti western that he wants to do will be his next movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77036

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78925

siriuswriter
Ooooh - interesting choice straight-up for the main character of a spaghetti western.

Robtard
Meh.

Miss Fiend
I see it's supposed to be released on December 25th 2012.
Thank God we'll all be dead by then.

Just kidding.
But I didn't like Inglorious Bastards so me and Quinto are in a bad patch.
And the world isn't ending in 2012.

quanchi112
I wonder why it takes him so long in between his movies.

Myth
I'm loving the cast for this.

siriuswriter
I think he takes as long as other people, it's just that he doesn't start hyping things up to the media until the idea is almost already full formed. Which says something about his patience, and his dedication to not selling out.

the ninjak
Why is he black? I'm all for Quentin remaking the king of the Spaghetti Warriors.
And I'm no rascist.

But why Jaime Foxx?

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
Why is he black?

Because its part of the plot, since it involves a slave.

Mr. Marshall
Leonardo DiCaprio
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Samuel L. Jackson
Christoph Waltz
Kurt Russell
Jamie Foxx
Michael Kenneth Williams
Tom Savini
Anthony LaPaglia
Don Johnson
RZA
Rex Lynn

This movie is going to be off the chain!

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mr. Marshall
Leonardo DiCaprio
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Samuel L. Jackson
Christoph Waltz
Kurt Russell
Jamie Foxx
Michael Kenneth Williams
Tom Savini
Anthony LaPaglia
Don Johnson
RZA
Rex Lynn

This movie is going to be off the chain!

What an awesome cast. Good to see Savini back. Should have some good gore.

Mr. Marshall

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by quanchi112
I wonder why it takes him so long in between his movies.

Someone asked him that once in an interview and he said other than deciding what to settle on as his next project. As a fan i dont mind. If you look at the best directors they all take their time between movies.

Patient_Leech
I like how Tarantino lately has been using touchy subjects. This sounds great. Some references to Frederick Douglass' slave narrative would be cool.. (that's a great read).

Myth
When is his Talaban movie coming out? big grin

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Myth
When is his Talaban movie coming out? big grin

What do you mean? He's doing a movie about the Talaban? Cuz that would be f#cking awesome! eek!

Jim Colyer
Quentin is one weird dude.

Sadako of Girth
Well lets hope that the curse of Death Proof has lifted.
Kurt Russell was powerless to save that load of...um.....load.

Kazenji
Teaser Poster

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89114

Myth
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
What do you mean? He's doing a movie about the Talaban? Cuz that would be f#cking awesome! eek!

I'm late to respond to this, but no, he is not. I was just saying that because he had a revenge against the Nazis movie, and now a revenge against slave owners, so I thought a revenge against the Talaban would be a logical next film.

I like the poster too, very Sergio Leone-esque.

mikeh123
interesting choice straight-up for the main character of a spaghetti western.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

rudester
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well lets hope that the curse of Death Proof has lifted.
Kurt Russell was powerless to save that load of...um.....load.

I liked that movie... u try making a movie see how u do? sick

rudester
Quentin Tarantino has a small cult following apparently, people like M.Night Shyamalan better then Quentin, even though Quentin spent less money on his last movie, and M. Night spent millions making a flop cardboard cutout. Last movie I saw was," Jackie Brown", which I found to be entertaining.

Like how he plays with the lenses and makes his film look gritty and dated, also like how he plays with the colours and moods, that not many american directors do... He has developed a style on his own.

Kazenji
First Images

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=58625

Manchub
This AND The Great Gatsby on Christmas Day.... I must have been a pretty good boy to deserve that.

Regardless, Django is my #3 anticipated movie, behind The Dark Knight Rises and Looper

0mega Spawn
cant wait to count the number of times the N word used...

how about some guestimations...

I'll say 14ish

Impediment
So...................it's a movie about a freed slave seeking vengeance?

Awesome.

Myth
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn

I'll say 14ish

I think that is an underestimate.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Myth
I think that is an underestimate. LOL
I actually think it is to.

how about 27.
my final guess

0mega Spawn
Why is he black? I'm all for Quentin remaking the king of the Spaghetti Warriors.
And I'm no rascist.

But why Jaime Foxx? do you even know what the movies about no expression
jamie foxx been acting for years and has proven himself a good one
IMO mad

salina33
yeah worth poster

Patient_Leech
Sorry if I missed it (don't know how old this news is), but I read that Kurt Russel and Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out of this film.. bummer.

Kazenji
Here's some images from April

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5897/esqdjangounchained04261.jpg

Flyattractor
Oh... I was like Quint is gonna make a sequel to that cgi Lizard movie Johnny Depp did?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh... I was like Quint is gonna make a sequel to that cgi Lizard movie Johnny Depp did?

That Rango.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
That Rango.

Ohh yeah.. I knew it had a ango in it.

ArabianDrums
Pretty indifferent towards this one. I quite enjoyed Kill Bill & Inglourious Basterds, but really... Tarantino's schtick is growing old. Hasn't made a 'proper' film since Jackie Brown.

Kazenji
More photo's

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90759

marwash22
I'm black so i can say this without it sounding racist... Jamie Foxx's hair ain't nearly nappy enough to convince me that he's a slave. I mean, he has a shape-up ffs. no expression

the ninjak
do you even know what the movies about no expression
jamie foxx been acting for years and has proven himself a good one
IMO mad

Have you seen Django? The 66 Spagetti Western? What are you babbling about now?

And Jamie Foxx is nothing to write home about.

Patient_Leech
And Jamie Foxx is nothing to write home about.

I haven't seen him in a whole lot (only Ray and In Living Color off the top of my head), but I found that he's a pretty impressive actor. Some of those comedian types turn out to be great actors as well. I'm pretty psyched about this, personally.

Originally posted by marwash22
I'm black so i can say this without it sounding racist... Jamie Foxx's hair ain't nearly nappy enough to convince me that he's a slave. I mean, he has a shape-up ffs. no expression

lol, it looks nappy enough to fool me...

the ninjak
I haven't seen him in a whole lot (only Ray and In Living Color off the top of my head), but I found that he's a pretty impressive actor. Some of those comedian types turn out to be great actors as well. I'm pretty psyched about this, personally.

Yeah I'm looking forward to this too. I saw a picture with Foxx sitting in a bar with Franco Nero. I wonder if he'll be playing the original.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/djangounchainednewpic3.jpg

I hope this film is bloody violent, after all it has a lot to live up too. I also hope Tarantino really gives the film the Italian Spaghetti vibe of film making.

And in regards to Foxx, seeing him in Horrible Bosses recently was dull.

Patient_Leech

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/neil-degrasse-tyson-reaction.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IpV10BQoL_U/T75BxXHpzcI/AAAAAAAAAMA/fPtkJLFXthk/s1600/black+lady+faints.gif

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/rappers-gonna-rap-skaters-gonna-skate.gif

Kazenji
^

Only seeing one picture shown.

Patient_Leech
^

Me too, brah. Sorry, I don't know why. Let me try again...

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/neil-degrasse-tyson-reaction.gif

(edit: nope, not working. Strange.)

0mega Spawn
Have you seen Django? The 66 Spagetti Western? What are you babbling about now?

And Jamie Foxx is nothing to write home about. jamie foxx the most talented mutha****a alive
he can sing, act, & do stand up.

you on the other hand wouldn't know talent if it bit you on the ass laughing

J/K J/K. dude is seriously talented though.

0mega Spawn

barbering has been around for hundreds of years don't know why he couldn't simply have gotten one

marwash22
lol sure thing.

the ninjak
jamie foxx the most talented mutha****a alive
he can sing, act, & do stand up.
you on the other hand wouldn't know talent if it bit you on the ass laughing
J/K J/K. dude is seriously talented though.

I can see him pulling off a great role here.
cool

My excitement for this movie is growing exponentially.

marwash22
eUdM9vrCbow

Patient_Leech
Hmm... to watch the trailer or not to watch the trailer... that is the question...

BruceSkywalker
Hmm... to watch the trailer or not to watch the trailer... that is the question...

not if you saw it on Entertainment Tonight..

I think I might pass, I like Leo in various things but this doesn't seem one of them.. and Jamie Foxx he looks like he was either high on drugs or drunk

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
...and Jamie Foxx he looks like he was either high on drugs or drunk

Dammit, you're making the trailer very tempting, haha.. laughing

0mega Spawn
lol sure thing. this lol sure thing better not be sarcasm.

because i myself am a barber & know for a fact this is true

marwash22
nah, i believe you, but i still find it a bit unrealistic.

BruceSkywalker
Dammit, you're making the trailer very tempting, haha.. laughing

lulz

Lestov16
I am interested in seeing it, but quite honestly the most alluring thing about the trailer for me was Leonardo DiCaprio hamming it up G.H. Dorr-style

wartes

Kazenji
-Edit-

there's a new international trailer out and whoever uploaded it has taken it down.....pricks.

Kazenji
tgPAQnQAcpk

Myth
Still super excited for this.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, too, which is why I'm not watching the trailer. smile

Darth Martin
What'd ya'll think?

Patient_Leech
Gonna hopefully see it this weekend. Can't wait.. I've heard very good things.

Ascendancy
On my list.

Supra
Great movie

Kazenji
Lots of controversy with people with this movie over silly things.

marwash22
like what? I haven't seen it yet.

Tzeentch._
It's a Quentin Tarentino film.

Controversy is expected.

Darth Martin
For one, it had more uses of the word "******" than I've ever seen in a movie before.

I liked it alot. Not quite as good as his last film but I'm not holding that against it considering how highly I thought of it.

marwash22
it's a movie about slaves... you'd have to be an idiot to go into it expecting not to hear the word repeatedly.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
It's a Quentin Tarentino film.

Controversy is expected.

and over stupid things mostly which people like to get all riled up over.

That's one of them and also the depictions of whipping

**** its a dealing a plantation owner and his slaves of course your going to see these things.

KingD19
Every use of the word niggar was proper. People may not like it, but it doesn't make it any less true. People actually talked like that back then believe it or not, and don't expect to go to a Tarintino film about slavery no less and not expect it to be ruthless.

It was a great film.

10/10

Plenty of laughs from Foxx, Waltz, Sam Jackson, and even DiCaprio and some of the non big names.

And the action was fun as well.

It's a Modern Spaghetti Western that is already well on it's way to becoming another classic.

Darth Martin
Sam Jackson absolutely killed his role. How do you people think it compares to Tarantino's last effort?

Robtard
Was "******" used more often than in Jackie Brown? It was used 38 times there.

KingD19
It was used something like 100+ times in Django I think.

And Sam Jackson made me hate him, so I think he did a great job.

marwash22
Originally posted by KingD19
Every use of the word niggar was proper. racist.

despicable. sneer

KingD19
I'm like Clayton Bigsby. Sir, I am not now, nor have I ever been...involved in any NIGGARDOM!

Major_Lexington
All Spike did was generate more media coverage making it even bigger, Can't wait to see this one.

Patient_Leech
I saw it on Saturday. So I'll chime in with my opinion...

I thought it rocked.. for the first hour and a half to 2 hours or so. The story line through Leo DiCaprio and Walz's characters was f#cking superb. Hilarious, intense, beautifully filmed. Pure brilliance. After that, I think some stuff should have been reworked a little, not only because it was a bit too long, but also because a few things were a bit unbelievable and kind of took me out of the film a bit. Not the least of which was Quentin's character. He was terribly out of place (or perhaps it's just because I know what he looks like and he's gotten fatter and even more ugly). He just didnt' seem necessary for that role (However, the fact that he blew himself to bits was pretty hilarious, haha). And what was with the rap music during the shootout scenes? That was out of place to me.. kind of un-Tarantino-ish. I know it's a black fantasy kind of thing, but it just didn't fit the era and kind of came across as a shameless catering to present black culture. I'm used to Tarantino using more quirky music for moments of intense violence, while here he settled for a bit of a popular cliche.

It's Inglourious Basterds for blacks, though, for sure. I'm sure I'll end up watching it again on DVD/bluray and seeing how it plays again. LOVED DiCaprio's, Walz's, Foxx's, Samuel Jackson's, Kerry Washington's performances, though. So good. Leo DiCaprio was especially brilliant. Oh, and is it just me or did it seem like Samuel L. Jackson kind of broke character when he was talking to Django hanging upside down from his feet? If it's just me, I'll shut up, but it seemed like he kind of lost his old-man house- persona and just sounded like normal, ordinary Samuel L.

But in any case, GO SEE IT. A very enjoyable time at the movies. It was an especially unique experience because I was one of probably a handfull of white people in the theater, and the kind of laughs that the film gets is pretty interesting, considering that slavery isn't exactly a laughing matter for blacks.

Major_Lexington
Great Review, it's on my To Watch list!

marwash22
And what was with the rap music during the shootout scenes? That was out of place to me.. kind of un-Tarantino-ish. I know it's a black fantasy kind of thing, but it just didn't fit the era and kind of came across as a shameless catering to present black culture. I'm used to Tarantino using more quirky music for moments of intense violence, while here he settled for a bit of a popular cliche.

how is it both out of place, and a cliche?

the kind of laughs that the film gets is pretty interesting, considering that slavery isn't exactly a laughing matter for blacks. To whom is slavery a laughing matter?

KingD19
Slavery is no laughing matter, but this isn't a "period piece". It's a spaghetti western(confirmed by Tarantino and Foxx) with slavery at it's core. It's not Roots or Amistad. And the movie is funny, simple as that.

And the music went well. In an interview Tarintino said he likes rap music and thought it would go well in certain scenes, which is why he used it. Just because it's different from his usual doesn't mean it's pandering.

Patient_Leech
how is it both out of place, and a cliche?

Out of the place for the era & Tarantino. And cliched because it's like playing hard rock or rap during a shoot out scene or a some Taylor Swift song for a romantic make-out scene (same idea, enhancing the obvious emotion).

Kazenji
Been reading Tarantino wants to do his own movie version of Tuskagee Airmen 'Killer Crow', it was originally going to be part of Inglorious Basterds

Myth
Loved the movie. Favorite movie of the year fairly easily. 3rd favorite Tarantino movie (behind Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds).

I-Drop
I loved it. I'd give it a close 2nd behind Avengers for Best of 2012

0mega Spawn

I'll say 14ish Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
LOL
I actually think it is to.

how about 27.
my final guess

0mega Spawn
Boy I was off

KingD19
By alot.

Impediment
Spike Lee is a racist cockbag.

All his rants and rage posts are doing nothing except hyping this amazing film.

Yes, I saw it and it was amazing.

KingD19
As a black guy, I don't condone Spike's antics most of the time. He makes good movies, but damn.

Impediment
I agree. He's a very good film maker, but, factually, he is a racist.

KingD19
No argument. He tries so hard to defend black people and the culture that he puts others down in the process.

Impediment
Thank you.

He wanted to direct the Malcolm X film so badly that he used a racist angle to outsource the original director, who was a white man.

KingD19
I never knew that.

Impediment
Here is the Wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_X_%28film%29#The_race_of_the_director

Mindset
Impediment, why do you hate black people?

Going to see this tmrw. thumb up

KingD19
See, that's the hypocritical behavior that kinda irks me.

Malcolm X and MLK fought for Black freedom and equality in a time where there wasn't any.

And now that there is, people say, "Nah, because they were black, only black people can be involved." Well what were they fighting for equality for if that's gonna be ignored in cases like this?

F*** race, if the guy would have made a good movie. Give him the chance to make a good movie.

Mindset
See, that's the hypocritical behavior that kinda irks me.

Malcolm X and MLK fought for Black freedom and equality in a time where there wasn't any.

And now that there is, people say, "Nah, because they were black, only black people can be involved." Well what were they fighting for equality for if that's gonna be ignored in cases like this?

F*** race, if the guy would have made a good movie. Give him the chance to make a good movie. Uncle Ruckus here.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mindset
Uncle Ruckus here.

Not my fault the white man smells like Lemon Pledge and is the answer to all our problems. eek!

Mindset
Blackdude is gonna kill you.

super pr*xy
Oh, and is it just me or did it seem like Samuel L. Jackson kind of broke character when he was talking to Django hanging upside down from his feet? If it's just me, I'll shut up, but it seemed like he kind of lost his old-man house- persona and just sounded like normal, ordinary Samuel L.

there was a little of him in there, yeah.. but i liked the way he delivered his lines.. you can feel the menace and the hate..

i loved every minute of this f*cking movie.. even the soundtrack.. the music went with the movie well, rap and all.. reminded me of how the kill bill vol.1 soundtrack just made the movie more kick-ass.. the actors were great.. did not see any controversy at all in this movie.. the story was rightfully told, and spike lee is a douche-bag.. d'artagnan motherf*ckers!!

Impediment
More LOLZ that will only hype this film even further.

Robtard
Katt Williams is like 5'2", so he might be able to punch Tarantino in the nuts, maybe.

Myth
^ For a moment I got confused and thought Katt Jennings was upset over the N word.

marwash22
who is Katt Jennings?

Patient_Leech
So is the issue really that Tarantino is a white film making and he's made a film in which said 'N' word is used frequently? The film is set during the time of black slavery in America, so it would be stupid if the film DIDN'T use the word.

KingD19
Pretty much.

Kazenji
So is the issue really that Tarantino is a white film making and he's made a film in which said 'N' word is used frequently? The film is set during the time of black slavery in America, so it would be stupid if the film DIDN'T use the word.

And it yet was okay when Spielberg did a movie like that.

super pr*xy
i watch katt's stand up comedy all the time.. i can't even count how many times he uses the "n!gger" during his routine.. he spits that word out like sunflower seeds.. "steven spielberg is not trying to be black, tarantino thinks he's black," whatever.. a great film is a great f*cking film.. maybe he should call spike lee and see if they can make a movie where they say "cracker" 200 times.. if they really don't like the movie or the guy making the movie, they should shut up about it and not give it free press.. how stupid would it be if a movie about slavery never mentioned the word "n!gger" in its entirety? it's like watching star wars where there's no light sabers.. piss poor analogy but you get my drift..

and somebody tell katt that nobody cares about you IQ in prison while you are being violated..

marwash22
Originally posted by Kazenji
And it yet was okay when Spielberg did a movie like that. Amistad? That wasn't a comedy, and that seems to be the problem people like Spike Lee have with it; they think it's disrespectful and makes light of slavery to make a comedic slave movie wherein the word nigg*r is used profusely.

I don't agree with them, but i get it.

Mindset
Amistad? That wasn't a comedy, and that seems to be the problem people like Spike Lee have with it; they think it's disrespectful and makes light of slavery to make a comedic slave movie wherein the word nigg*r is used profusely.

I don't agree with them, but i get it. thumb up

These niggas here are just racist.

Anyway 10/10 would see again.

super pr*xy
so as long as it's funny, you can say "n!gger" in a movie as many times as you want?

i never thought once django was a comedy.. there were funny scenes in it.. but as far as comedies go, django isn't one, imo.. and it never seemed to me that QT was making light of slavery.. he was making light of django's plight, but not slavery..

Mindset
It was as comedic as everyone of his other movies.

They aren't comedies, but they have comedic elements.

His movies all have the same basic formula.

Myth
who is Katt Jennings?

I meant Dennings. Obviously I'm not a big enough fan to know her actual name.

Patient_Leech
I just watched the trailers for the first time. They're f#cking awesome... thumb up

I'm very glad I didn't watch them until now, though. That's always a good decision. wink

kgkg
Originally posted by super pr*xy
i watch katt's stand up comedy all the time.. i can't even count how many times he uses the "n!gger" during his routine.. he spits that word out like sunflower seeds.. "steven spielberg is not trying to be black, tarantino thinks he's black," whatever.. a great film is a great f*cking film.. maybe he should call spike lee and see if they can make a movie where they say "cracker" 200 times.. if they really don't like the movie or the guy making the movie, they should shut up about it and not give it free press.. how stupid would it be if a movie about slavery never mentioned the word "n!gger" in its entirety? it's like watching star wars where there's no light sabers.. piss poor analogy but you get my drift..

and somebody tell katt that nobody cares about you IQ in prison while you are being violated.. You seem to be more upset than Katt. This is not the first time we have seen this type of reaction..I understand people that are genuinely upset about this movie but damn I guess people need to stay relevant.

Long live hypocrisy smile

Mindset
I would just like for you all to apologize to me for slavery and being racist.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by kgkg
You seem to be more upset than Katt. This is not the first time we have seen this type of reaction..I understand people that are genuinely upset about this movie but damn I guess people need to stay relevant.

Long live hypocrisy smile

not upset, just frustrated about their logic.. to each his ow, i guess..

quanchi112
I went and saw this. Terrible to the nth power.

KingD19
Lol, you're just about the only person who didn't like it. Unless you liked it and you're saying you didn't just to be argumentative.

quanchi112
Lol, you're just about the only person who didn't like it. Unless you liked it and you're saying you didn't just to be argumentative. It was utterly boring and the dialogue was weak compared to the usual Tarantino flick.

-Pr-
Quan being Quan yet again.

Mindset
It was utterly boring and the dialogue was weak compared to the usual Tarantino flick. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Quan being Quan yet again. You should try being honest sometimes. You might surprise yourself.

-Pr-
You should try being honest sometimes. You might surprise yourself.

If I was as honest as I'd like to be, I'd be banned for bad language.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
If I was as honest as I'd like to be, I'd be banned for bad language. I'll allow it. This one time.

-Pr-
I'll allow it. This one time.

lol.

Mindset
Quan, this forum would fall apart without you.

quanchi112
Quan, this forum would fall apart without you. It's quite a heavy burden sometimes. But I trudge on.

Mindset
You are a brave soul and I salute you.

quanchi112
You are a brave soul and I salute you. I am like the William Wallace of this site. A man of the people.

Patient_Leech
You crazy rebel, you, quanchi... crazy, crazy rebel...

Robtard
Originally posted by Robtard
Meh.

Was admittedly better than my initial "meh" June 2011 assessment of the story line, but far from Tarantino's great written works such, as Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Inglourious Basterds and his piece de resistance, Pulp Fiction.

I'd give it about a 7. Started out better than it ended.

Tzeentch._
It was better than Bastards imo. The only good parts of Bastards were all of Waltz's scenes, and I guess the French-Jewich chick's performance was okay.

Beyond that, the movie seemed pretty uneventful to me.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
It was better than Bastards imo. The only good parts of Bastards were all of Waltz's scenes, and I guess the French-Jewich chick's performance was okay.

Beyond that, the movie seemed pretty uneventful to me.

Not enough Black people?

Tzeentch._
Well, they only had one, but at least he lived. And he was banging the hot french-jewish chick.

So the movie breaks even in that regard.

Omega Vision
Saw it a few days ago. All in all Basterds was a better movie, and I think that comes down to how most of Django's characters were one-dimensional beyond the standards of Tarantino one-dimensionality.

It beat Basterds in terms of action and dialogue though, which I guess is what matters in a Tarantino flick.

WanderingDroid
Why is this film call Spaghetti Western when the Director is not Italian and it was not shot in locations like Spain or the old movie studios in the Italian mountains and hills?

Anywhoo, as Tarantino path to kissing ass to mainstream Hollywood goes on so are his movies going downhill. This is his FOURTH Revenge Film and this is just a real sign the man has jump the shark and ran out of ideas. The whole thing about making Django black and not white like the other previous Django films of the past just show the man intended to make this film about much controversial as possible.

The man doesn't care telling stories anymore it's the same "I'm gonna get you back sucka!" and add some of his comic dark comedy. He stop evolving with Pulp Fiction and he knows it. Now he is just looking to make controversy.

Without a doubt the lamest Tarantino movie so far and very VERY OVERRATED, OVEREXPOSED, AND OVERHYPED.

WD rewards both Tarantino and Django Unchained a 2 1/2 out of 5.

On a side note....Spike Lee is an idiot but at least he has a better track record than Tarantino.

Mindset
Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Inglourious Basterds and his piece de resistance, Pulp Fiction.
One of these is not like the others.

Robtard
One of these is not like the others.

Sixth word was important:

but far from Tarantino's great written works

Major_Lexington
Just watched this, I'm a huge Tarantino fan and this was honestly a terrible movie, not even Leo DiCaprio or Christoph Waltz could have saved this movie, Death Proof had cooler scenes, I'm not talking plot here but the Scenes in Death Proof were much better....

thumb down

Tzeentch._
Someone's mad the black guy won in the end

Impediment
Originally posted by WanderingDroid
Spike Lee is an idiot but at least he has a better track record than Tarantino.

Yes, he is.

No, he doesn't. Spike's record isn't a fraction of Quentin's.

Major_Lexington
that's the problem with speaking negatively of this film, there is that whole racial thing, that aside... I had much higher expectations..

Tzeentch._
You mean whiter expectations

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Major_Lexington
Just watched this, I'm a huge Tarantino fan and this was honestly a terrible movie, not even Leo DiCaprio or Christoph Waltz could have saved this movie, Death Proof had cooler scenes, I'm not talking plot here but the Scenes in Death Proof were much better....

thumb down

Ridiculous, man. I'd never say the movie is flawless, but damn, that's crazy talk.

(Cheers Impediment, on the Bill Hicks av/sig!)

Impediment
Thanks.

I make all my sigs.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>