Osama Bin Laden Killed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Breaking news reporting that Osama Bin Laden was killed in US bombing and they have his body.

RagingBoner
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42852646#42852646?from=en-us_msnhp&gt1=43001

Discuss.

Peach
Yup. Haven't found any articles on it yet, but I'm watching it on MSNBC's website at the moment.

RagingBoner
Peach, you might want to lock my duplicate thread. It's unnecessary. :/

StyleTime
I am watching the news report and was just about to make the thread.

the ninjak
They're using his sisters brain. Previously died of cancer to compare the DNA.

BruceSkywalker
finally got him... i am so glad

Rogue Jedi
Yeah I just saw this on ABC. Won't change a thing. Now he's a martyr though, this should be interesting.

chomperx9
Thank God, Hope the F&%^ing Terrorist Burns in HELL

Symmetric Chaos
Finally, we've won, the war is over!

Peach
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42852700/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/

batdude123
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

sWS-FoXbjVI

Lord Lucien
RIP. He was an amazing basketball player.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
RIP. He was an amazing basketball player. Rest IN Pain

Nemesis X
Anyone hoping that after his demise, his terrorist organization will be in disarray and disband?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Anyone hoping that after his demise, his terrorist organization will be in disarray and disband?
Um, i'm pretty sure everyone is hoping that.

Nemesis X
Don't get me wrong, I do hope that does happen but if they have a second in command just in case something like this happened, a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

chomperx9
Anyone hoping that after his demise, his terrorist organization will be in disarray and disband? Hell yeah, but to be honest I think they will most likely want to Avenge him, they are no different if they worked under him from the start.

Rogue Jedi
Anyone hoping that after his demise, his terrorist organization will be in disarray and disband? Not gonna happen. If anything it'll get worse.

StyleTime
*Celebrates*
Don't get me wrong, I do hope that does happen but if they have a second in command just in case something like this happened, a lot of people are gonna be pissed.
Won't happen. Osama is the very first terrorist in history and all terrorist activity anywhere and anytime is his doing. With his death, it all ends. All of it.

inimalist
U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!

Obama's speech is a little bit of a downer though...

EDIT: notice the flag pin on his jacket

chomperx9
Originally posted by StyleTime
not so sure about that

Peach

Well, no shit. They're already saying that security levels will probably be heightened for a while because of any possible retaliation. That doesn't mean this isn't a big deal, though.

inimalist
Originally posted by chomperx9
not so sure about that

nope, first evar

StyleTime
not so sure about that
You were sure about the rest of it though, eh?

King Kandy
I thought the speech was good. I was surprised that he singled out Bush to give credit for the "not a war against islam" angle.

chomperx9
You were sure about the rest of it though, eh? was quoting and questiong only the part in the quote. sorry thats so difficult for you

Robtard
So I take it the US can leave Afghanistan now?

How good does this look for Obama? Considering a year+ into the Iraq war Bush had said something along the lines "I don't know where he is; I don't care, he's not a threat", effectively marginalizing the supposed 50% of why Iraq was invaded, the supposed Saddam-Bin Ladden buttseck affair.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Robtard

How good does this look for Obama? Considering a year+ into the Iraq war Bush had said something along the lines "I don't know where he is; I don't care, he's not a threat", effectively marginalizing the supposed 50% of why Iraq was invaded, the supposed Saddam-Bin Ladden buttseck affair. this is gonna look verry good for Obama even though I think all the credit should go towards our military.

Robtard
this is gonna look verry good for Obama even though I think all the credit should go towards our military.

Not to the "Bin Laden was a puppet and 9/11 was an inside job" crowd.

King Kandy

How good does this look for Obama? Considering a year+ into the Iraq war Bush had said something along the lines "I don't know where he is; I don't care, he's not a threat", effectively marginalizing the supposed 50% of why Iraq was invaded, the supposed Saddam-Bin Ladden buttseck affair.
Notice how much he was emphasizing his personal involvement in the speech. He is definitely trying to go for good publicity (and I don't think he's unjustified in doing so).

Robtard
Now, if the WMD's can be found...

WanderingDroid
Thank Goodness! Also, a big F U to all the Europeans, Canadians, and Liberals that supported this A-Hole for years and calling us Americans Killers and Murders.

There is your friggin Martyr now....have fun battling the radicals muslims in your own backyard.

StyleTime
was quoting and questiong only the part in the quote. sorry thats so difficult for you
You are one of a kind, you know that?
Seems like a definite second term to me.

Quiero Mota
May 1st, the day that Bin Laden's death was announced, was also the same day in 1945 that Hitler's death was announced. Kinda freaky huh?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by WanderingDroid
Thank Goodness! Also, a big F U to all the Europeans, Canadians, and Liberals that supported this A-Hole for years and calling us Americans Killers and Murders.

There is your friggin Martyr now....have fun battling the radicals muslims in your own backyard.
no expression

Lord Lucien

There is your friggin Martyr now....have fun battling the radicals muslims in your own backyard. Whaa?

Peach
Fox News fanboys. Gotta love 'em ermm

chomperx9
NBC FTW

batdude123
Seems like a definite second term to me.

I sincerely hope not.

Blinky
The people singing "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye" in front of the White House are ****ing idiots.

The Rover

...That's the stupidest thing I've read all day, and I've read some pretty stupid sh*t today. What Canadians - or Europeans - have "supported" Usama bin Laden "for years"? Canadians and Europeans alike have followed the States rather blindly on their quest against terrorism - and died all the same - for the past ten years, so I'm offended to that sort of bullsh!t.

Gah. It's that type of needless @$$holery and unintelligence that gives Americans a bad name around the world.

chomperx9
why is osama now being spelled usama ?

BackFire
Fox News has been spelling it that way all night. I have no idea why.

The Rover
Because that's a better transliteration, reflecting the actual pronunciation of the name. (An even better transliteration is Usamah bin Ladin.)

chomperx9
Originally posted by The Rover
Because that's a better transliteration, reflecting the actual pronunciation of the name. but why change it now ?

The Rover
but why change it now ?

It's not a change. People around the world have been spelling it Usama for years.

It makes sense, seeing as Arabic (at least the standard dialect) doesn't have the vowel .

Quiero Mota
why is osama now being spelled usama ?

Technically, either spelling is correct.

And its not just "now", his name has been spelled that way in print for many years.

skekUng
Originally posted by BackFire
Fox News has been spelling it that way all night. I have no idea why.

Most news agencies tend to pick and choose when they'd like to spell it that way; almost always in times of huge national masturbation, especially.

Kazenji

I doubt it

they'll just pick a new leader.

lil bitchiness
Oh God, this whole story is lined with bullshit.

According to the Independent, a small group of US soldiers under the direct command of Obama, stormed the hide out of bin Landen's and killed everyone in a 40min shoot out.

I can see the movie coming out already.
And there's a whole bunch of nations celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden as if that'll make terrorists weak and scared and what not.
*enter triumphant background music*

0mega Spawn
terrorism wont stop you forget these are guys that kill themselves on a whim. they believe Osama is partying with 99 virgins and will do anything to join him whilst annoying america

Mindset
http://i.min.us/in27yg.gif

truejedi
does it bother anyone else that they "buried the body at sea"? I'm sorry, I kinda wanted to see the body...

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by truejedi
does it bother anyone else that they "buried the body at sea"? I'm sorry, I kinda wanted to see the body...

Osama has been dead for a while and if I were to take a guess, this is merely a publicity stunt.

Mindset
If I were to guess, I'd say you were wrong.

Bicnarok

Mindset
Well, wtf do you know, you're from Mars.

kevdude
Well its about time!! Never forget!

Sadako of Girth
BOzPBcBJ-oI

Pics of the body.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Osama has been dead for a while and if I were to take a guess, this is merely a publicity stunt.

Im hearing from UK press that that the body has already been buried at sea...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. confused

Eon Blue
Americanism is silly.

Daemon Seed
Oh God, this whole story is lined with bullshit.

According to the Independent, a small group of US soldiers under the direct command of Obama, stormed the hide out of bin Landen's and killed everyone in a 40min shoot out.

I can see the movie coming out already.
And there's a whole bunch of nations celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden as if that'll make terrorists weak and scared and what not.
*enter triumphant background music*

Fantastic post. Just what I was thinking to be honest.

Mindship
In the words of Pavel Chekov, "Got heem!"

As for the threat of another al-quaeda attack...duh. They're trying, regardless.

Deano

dadudemon
His beard changes colors.

I wonder........was a vain man? Did he color his beard?

Regardless, great that he's dead.

Also, to the birthers: if the elite could fake Osama's death from the beginning, why didn't Bush do it years ago when it would have been the absolute best strategic move to do? I'm sure the answer is, "Obviously, to take the attention off of the birth certificate and to get more support from the sheeple for their 'Puppet King.'" Ugh. That doesn't actually answer the question I just asked.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. confused Right? I smell bullshit. Why bury the body at sea?

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Also, to the birthers: if the elite could fake Osama's death from the beginning, why didn't Bush do it years ago when it would have been the absolute best strategic move to do? I'm sure the answer is, "Obviously, to take the attention off of the birth certificate and to get more support from the sheeple for their 'Puppet King.'" Ugh. That doesn't actually answer the question I just asked.

I am sorry your answer didn't satisfy your question, I hope it will try harder next time.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I am sorry your answer didn't satisfy your question, I hope it will try harder next time.

You've obviously assumed "my" answer was actually my answer. smile

Deano
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Right? I smell bullshit. Why bury the body at sea?

so no one can examine the body. it would be bad if someone autopsied the body and found out bin laden has already been dead for years

Liberator
Bollocks. All of it.

How about the crowds of brainwashed twats who gathered outside the White House? Made me absolutely sick to see that, I am beyond disgust at this point.

How stupid do they think we are?

Deano
yeh i know

same with the people who bothered with the royal wedding

baaa baaa baaa baaa

Sadako of Girth
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110502/osama-bin-laden-reported-dead-in-us-operation-110502/20110502/?hub=CalgaryHome

The United States has reportedly buried the body of Osama bin Laden at sea, after killing him in a surprise military raid in Pakistan.

The notorious al Qaeda leader died Sunday, U.S. President Barack Obama confirmed in a late night-address, when U.S. forces attacked a fortified compound in a town about 100 kilometres north of Islamabad where bin Laden had been located.

Intelligence sources said the CIA pinpointed bin Laden's location and Obama gave the order to undertake the early-morning raid on the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

A small team of Navy seals flew to the compound via helicopter and engaged bin Laden in a fatal firefight.

U.S. officials said bin Laden was killed by a bullet to the head, after a firefight that ensued when the terrorist leader and his guards resisted the attack.

The compound was located less than a kilometre from a military academy that trains top officers in the Pakistani army.

Hamid Gul, a former Pakistani intelligence chief, said he found it "a bit amazing" that bin Laden could possibly be living in the area without authorities being aware of his presence.

CTV's Washington Bureau Chief Paul Workman said it appears that the U.S. tracked bin Laden to his final location over a period of a few months.

"Barack Obama went on television last night to say that sometime last year in August, he received word of a lead on the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden -- he put it as deep in Pakistan, inside Pakistan," Workman told CTV's Canada AM from Washington on Monday morning.

"It was pursued, finally there were a number of high-level meetings and yesterday Obama authorized the attack on this compound."

After bin Laden was killed, U.S. forces took custody of his remains and officials have privately told reporters he was buried at sea.

An official who spoke to The Associated Press said the decision was made to bury bin Laden at sea because Islamic tradition calls for a speedy burial. It was also decided that it would bee too difficult to find a country willing to accept the al Qaeda leader's remains.

When Obama went on television late Sunday to inform the public of bin Laden's death, he did not provide details on what happened to his remains other than confirming that the U.S. "took custody of his body."

Some TV stations in Pakistan and Afghanistan aired pictures of a dead man's face, whom the stations identified as that of bin Laden.

Obama credits work of American intelligence

In announcing bin Laden's death, Obama gave credit to the Americans who have spent most of the past decade trying to track down the mastermind behind the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

The U.S. president said that "the American people do not see their work, nor know their names," though the public can "feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice."

Eric Margolis, a journalist and terrorism expert, said the full story behind the Sept. 11 attacks has died with bin Laden, though his divisive agenda will live on.

Speaking with CTV's Canada AM on Monday morning, Margolis said the apparent decision to bury bin Laden at sea "shows how the United States is very concerned that he is a martyr figure and they didn't want his grave to become a shrine."

In the United States, thousands of Americans celebrated outside the White House gates throughout the night, after Obama announced that bin Laden had been killed.

Celebrations also broke out in New York City, where the Sept. 11 attacks brought down the World Trade Center towers nearly 10 years ago.

The death of bin Laden now raises questions about what kind of threats the Western world faces from al Qaeda and other like-minded groups.

The U.S. has put its embassies on alert and warned of the heightened possibility for anti-American violence.

Across the Pakistan border, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said bin Laden had been dealt his "due punishment," though he said the surprise strike on the Abbottabad compound was proof that the war on terror should focus more outside his country's borders.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy praised "the tenacity of the United States" in its nearly decade-long quest to hunt down bin Laden, while Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi said his death was a "great result in the fight against evil."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said bin Laden's death was "a resounding victory for justice, for freedom and for the shared values of all democratic countries that fight shoulder to shoulder against terror."

In Saudi Arabia, the government released an official statement saying bin Laden's death will be a "step that support the international efforts against terrorism."

ALSO:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/bin-laden-body-buried-sea

Bin Laden's body buried at sea
US officials say Osama bin Laden's swift burial complies with Islamic custom, although burial at sea is uncommon for Muslims

Brian Whitaker
guardian.co.uk, Monday 2 May 2011 11.12 BST
Article history

Osama bin Laden pictures for sale at a market in Quetta, Pakistan. Photograph: Reuters
The dilemma of what to do with Osama bin Laden's body appears to have been quickly resolved if reports that he has been buried at sea prove correct.

Burying him on land could have led to his grave becoming a centre of contention as well as raising questions about where he should be buried.

"Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult," a US official said, adding: "So the US decided to bury him at sea."

Fears about Bin Laden's burial place turning into a shrine for Islamists were probably unfounded, since the Wahhabi/Salafi tradition rejects such things. Even Saudi kings are buried in unmarked graves.

Senior US officials initially told news agencies that his body would be disposed of in accordance with Islamic tradition, which involves ritual washing, shrouding and burial within 24 hours.

Although the swift burial complies with Islamic custom and should therefore avoid causing any offence in Muslim countries, the apparent haste could lead to claims that the person killed was not really Bin Laden – though the US authorities have taken DNA samples and appear to have no doubts.

The 24-hour rule has not always been applied by the US in the past. For example, the bodies of Uday and Qusay Hussein – sons of the Iraqi dictator – were held for 11 days before being released for burial.

Burial at sea is rare in Islam, though several Muslim websites say it is permitted in certain circumstances.

One is on a long voyage where the body may decay before the ship reaches land. The other is if there is a risk of enemies digging up a land grave and exhuming or mutilating the body – a rule that could plausibly be applied in Bin Laden's case.

For sea burial, according to alislam.org, the body should be lowered into the water "in a vessel of clay or with a weight tied to its feet". The website adds: "As far as possible it should not be lowered at a point where it is eaten up immediately by the sea predators."

ADarksideJedi
Its about time.Maybe the war can end now.But I doubt it.

Rogue Jedi
Burial at sea. He was a Viking?

Ushgarak
Doesn't take long to bring out the completely idiotic opinions that this is a fake, I see.

How very pitiful.

ADarksideJedi
I would think as a mod that you would repect people's says on this.Weather it is true or not.Repect is the key word here.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Doesn't take long to bring out the completely idiotic opinions that this is a fake, I see.

How very pitiful. You don't think it's a bit odd that he was buried at sea? That there is no proof that he is actually dead (yet)?

Dr Mystery
My only hope now is that Al Qaeda don't replace him with Cobra Commander. Or even Simon Cowell, I mean that guy just gets shit done.

inimalist

almost certainly

using henna to colour ones beard goes back to the prophet himself

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
almost certainly

using henna to colour ones beard goes back to the prophet himself

wink

Don't say that stuff around the conspiracy theorists.

inimalist
uaQLc6OlwWo

wink

Don't say that stuff around the conspiracy theorists.

I know they have trouble dealing with mundane truths

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Ushgarak

How very pitiful.

I wouldn't rule this out, but none of us were there.
I think its un idiotic to acknowedledge that not many of us knew burial at sea was a muslim thing....rightly or wrongly.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Deano
so no one can examine the body. it would be bad if someone autopsied the body and found out bin laden has already been dead for years

You're telling me they killed Osama years ago and kept his body so that they could throw it out on the day they announced he had been killed?

That is the most insane possible plan they could ever have devised. Seriously man just say it was a clone.

I do want to hear the explanation for why they didn't keep his body, though.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I would think as a mod that you would repect people's says on this.Weather it is true or not.Repect is the key word here. whether not weather laughing out loud

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by batdude123
sWS-FoXbjVI no phuck yeah for freedom?

but one for slavery? laughing out loud

inimalist
I wouldn't rule this out, but none of us were there.
I think its un idiotic to acknowedledge that not many of us knew burial at sea was a muslim thing....rightly or wrongly.

lol, a body would convince conspiracy theorists of nothing

Daemon Seed
A chronology.

Cameron goes to Egypt and sells weapons to west Egypt and east Libya. Libyan conflict escalates with "foreign mercenary involvement". cameron goes to Pakistan and gives them bomb schematics to "repair past diplomatic failures". Pakistan finds Bin Laden living in one of their houses where he has been for quite a while. the news of Bin Laden's "capture" overshadows the WAR in Libya. funny how things work out.

lil bitchiness

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. confused

That's interesting.

Why bury him at sea? Those are not Islamic traditions and he wasn't a sailor, nor did he die at sea.

Originally posted by Liberator
Bollocks. All of it.

How about the crowds of brainwashed twats who gathered outside the White House? Made me absolutely sick to see that, I am beyond disgust at this point.

Yeah, actually reading story in the Independent online, I had to check if I was on the right page - twice. I thought it was a piss-take with the Rambo, elite super awesome soldiers under the direct command of Obama and all that Hollywood jazz.

Daemon Seed
That's interesting.

Why bury him at sea? Those are not Islamic traditions and he wasn't a sailor, nor did he die at sea.

Yeah, actually reading story in the Independent online, I had to check if I was on the right page - twice. I thought it was a piss-take with the Rambo, elite super awesome soldiers under the direct command of Obama and all that Hollywood jazz.

Supposedly burying anywhere including the water as long as it is unmarked fits tradition.

The news has been full of the Rambo elite... It's ludicrous.

TacDavey
That's interesting.

Apparently they didn't want Osama's body being messed with, or dug up, or his grave being made a shrine for more terrorists to rally around.

Daemon Seed
To Deano (to quote President Eisenhower's farewell address) "the unwarranted power of the military-industrial complex" relies on stoking conflict to maintain its pre-eminence in American economic life (Eisenhower was a former WW2 General and knew what he was talking about). I think that if we claim the Americans constantly manipulate world affairs to their benefit then they are making a pretty poor job of it. Ha, Military Intelligence.

Sadako of Girth

I wouldnt say that.

Some are just people who notice inconsistencies/conflict in official stories....often based on supporting evidence.
And their suspicions are often rightly raised when overtly suspicious things happen.

Not all are loons.

inimalist
I wouldnt say that.

Some are just people who notice inconsistencies/conflict in official stories....often based on supporting evidence.
And their suspicions are often rightly raised when overtly suspicious things happen.

Not all are loons.

right... "hey, I'm not getting defensive, I'm just asking questions! you know, being skeptical"

This is tower 7

Bicnarok

Maybe even a photograph of a body.

After all this is about the 9th time he has been declared dead laughing

Sadako of Girth
right... "hey, I'm not getting defensive, I'm just asking questions! you know, being skeptical"

This is tower 7

Indeed...

And the Pentagon.

Bicnarok
I wonder why they burried him at sea like Megatron, this means there will be no independent verification that Osama was actually killed.

Unless some one dives down and looks for him.

Sadako of Girth
By which time the sea organisms will have done their work...

It'd take ages to find him at all anyway... what with current, drift...the sheer size of the area etc etc

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
whether not weather laughing out loud

Well as long as you get the idea then what does it matter? roll eyes (sarcastic)

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by TacDavey
Apparently they didn't want Osama's body being messed with, or dug up, or his grave being made a shrine for more terrorists to rally around. sounds legit to me

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I wonder why they burried him at sea like Megatron, this means there will be no independent verification that Osama was actually killed.

Unless some one dives down and looks for him. laughing out loud

Finding Osama

inimalist
Indeed...

And the Pentagon.

... my point was: "this is tower 7 = this is something conspiracy people are going to question no matter how much evidence is brought up"

so, yes, the pentagon works, in that, there is an abundance of evidence that a plane hit it, but people will continue to believe whatever they like

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Maybe even a photograph of a body.

After all this is about the 9th time he has been declared dead laughing

afaik there are photos...

when did a US president hold a press conference to declare Bin Laden dead previously?

Robtard
IIRC, Bush had said at least once that Osama is possibly dead, but it wasn't a "he's dead for certain" comment.

Sadako of Girth
The circulated photos so far are photoshopped, apparently.

0mega Spawn
I vaguely remember something about Osama dying after organ failure... something like that

Liberator
That's interesting.

Someone told me the reason they buried him at sea was because no country wanted him buried on their soil.

It all honestly doesn't matter in the end, I mean I ask the Americans here, is anything actually changing in your country?

inimalist
The circulated photos so far are photoshopped, apparently.

exhibit A

Liberator
exhibit A

Well, I did see on alleged photograph but it was then compared to a photograph next to Osama while he was alive and the facial expression is literally the exact same. I haven't seen any others though so I don't know what he's talking about.

You'd think though that this being the most wanted chap by the amurikens they'd have more photos of the body and they'd be more officially circulated, no?

inimalist
Well, I did see on alleged photograph but it was then compared to a photograph next to Osama while he was alive and the facial expression is literally the exact same. I haven't seen any others though so I don't know what he's talking about.

You'd think though that this being the most wanted chap by the amurikens they'd have more photos of the body and they'd be more officially circulated, no?

not really... I expect he was fatally shot, often times this can leave a corpse in a very... unphotogenic status...

my thinking is that the embarrassment the president and democratic party would face domestically, mixed with the humiliation on a global stage, probably means they are pretty sure they got him.

I don't know Bin Laden, I have no interest in seeing a corpse, and I wouldn't personally have the ability to spot a fake body from a real one, so no, I really don't need to see the photos.

Like, what standard did you think there was going to be? LOL, did you think they were going to chain him up and parade him around like King Kong or something? Your lucky he was shot and there is a body to confirm, I was convinced it was going to be a predator strike at some time, which would never be "confirm-able"

inimalist
Does hunting down Osama bin Laden and putting bullets in his skull really "remind us that we can do whatever we set our mind to"? Is that really "the story of our history"? That seems to set the bar rather low in terms of national achievement and character.

In sum, a murderous religious extremist was killed. The U.S. has erupted in a collective orgy of national pride and renewed faith in the efficacy and righteousness of military force. Other than that, the repercussions are likely to be far greater in terms of domestic politics -- it's going to be a huge boost to Obama's re-election prospects and will be exploited for that end -- than anything else.

Though, I think he is a bit of a buzz kill here. Taking down Bin Laden is a victory for America, if of trivial impact and largely symbolic.

Robtard

Though, I think he is a bit of a buzz kill here. Taking down Bin Laden is a victory for America, if of trivial impact and largely symbolic.

I hate to be the turd in the punch-bowl, but with all the nonsense and BS following 9/11 up to now, it's really just another dead extremist.

I for one am holding my "America, **** YEAH!" on a lease.

Sadako of Girth
exhibit A

I was told by someone who is:

A) Generally opposed to talks of conspiracy

B) A Professional in the graphics industry who works, eats, and sleeps in Photoshop.

So Im not ruling his opinion out, for now, til proven otherwise.

(Doesn't mean their are lizard people though.)

If true, this wouldn't be the 1st time that fake pics were made to be sold in the midsts of a media frenzy.

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/02/6568249-webs-bin-laden-death-photo-just-the-photo-is-fake

Quiero Mota

inimalist
I was told by someone who is:

A) Generally opposed to talks of conspiracy

B) A Professional in the graphics industry who works, eats, and sleeps in Photoshop.

So Im not ruling his opinion out, for now, til proven otherwise.

(Doesn't mean their are lizard people though.)

If true, this wouldn't be the 1st time that fake pics were made to be sold in the midsts of a media frenzy.

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/02/6568249-webs-bin-laden-death-photo-just-the-photo-is-fake

huh, interesting

NBC are a bunch of morons if that is the case

Symmetric Chaos
Well, I did see on alleged photograph but it was then compared to a photograph next to Osama while he was alive and the facial expression is literally the exact same.

Well he has his mouth open, if that's what you mean. Did you expect Osama to not look like Osama or something?

Sadako of Girth
More from the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake

BeyondTheGrave
the whole thing sounds pretty unbelievable. have no problem with the ****er dying...it's the way we're supposed to believe he was killed that I find hard to believe.
I mean, really? he comes to Pakistan and lives in a 3-storey house? really?

Robtard
http://gdb.rferl.org/E4B7C57B-B599-4A42-ADB5-48C433B43457_w527_s.jpg

This is the one, if someone hasn't already posted the comparison.

inimalist
Man unknowingly Tweets Osama Raid:

http://www.salon.com/news/osama_bin_laden/index.html?story=/news/feature/2011/05/02/ml_bin_laden_twitter

Sadako of Girth
Good call, Robtard. Better quality than the images in the links I put up.

Looks blatant to me.

inimalist
Originally posted by BeyondTheGrave
...it's the way we're supposed to believe he was killed that I find hard to believe.
I mean, really? he comes to Pakistan and lives in a 3-storey house? really?

why do you find that hard to believe?

Sadako of Girth
Man unknowingly Tweets Osama Raid:

http://www.salon.com/news/osama_bin_laden/index.html?story=/news/feature/2011/05/02/ml_bin_laden_twitter

Unknowingly.... wink Could have been PR.

inimalist
Good call, Robtard. Better quality than the images in the links I put up.

Looks blatant to me.

apparently it was originally broadcast on the Pakistani news, which is pretty bad for this type of things. No idea where the image originated, but looks like it was independent of military reports of his demise.

sloppy journalism, thats for sure. Maybe it isn't fair to say they need to know if every photo is edited, but they probably shouldn't just grab media from other sources without confirmation...

Symmetric Chaos
More from the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake

That's pretty definitive. I'll admit, I was fooled.

inimalist
Unknowingly.... wink Could have been PR.

and I could be a robot here to try and dissuade you!

Sadako of Girth
By being able to send your own photographer to take a pic,
like at a press conference with the evidence on display or something would have been handy. But nope... they dumped the body...

Sadako of Girth
and I could be a robot here to try and dissuade you!

Euuuuurrrrghhhh! The Dissuadatron!!!! Fleeeeeeeeee....!!!!!!!!

stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
huh, interesting

NBC are a bunch of morons if that is the case

NBC and the entire western media.... all the UK sources for sure....

Hmmmmmmmm.

inimalist
By being able to send your own photographer to take a pic,
like at a press conference with the evidence on display or something would have been handy. But nope... they dumped the body...

that has PR nightmare written all over it, and the skeptics will still be skeptic

The Dissuadatron!!!!

lol

Hmmmmmmmm.

ya, print and broadcast media are largely idiots and lazy, this isn't news at all

lil bitchiness

0mega Spawn
Ameria can do that *****

chomperx9
They should have burned his ass alive

Quiero Mota
True. It's not like you honour anyone elses traditions, but demand everyone honours yours.

The sad thing is, a lot of people have that very view, so no wonder there's rampant anti-Americanism everywhere.

Why would anyone give a shit that 3000 Americans died? American soldiers kill that many in a week around the world.

No, not really. When Al Qaida beheads Americans and then post it on the internet, it seems more befitting of their typical behavior. I woudn't expect them to give an American POW a proper burial with a grave-marker. That's the whole point: in a war, competing sides have historically never been all that respectful of the enemy dead. That's why Xerxes crucified Leonidas' body uspide down. And frankly, a burial at sea for bin Laden was too respectful. They should have planted that SOB's head on a wooden stake.

By the way, it wasn't "3,000 Americans". It was less than 3,000 and citizens from over 90 different countries were killed. Including yours.

batdude123
Bollocks. All of it.

Almost as stupid as conspiracy theorists.

Sadako of Girth
Depends on the theory.

Robtard

Hmmmmmmmm.

As you noted, not the first time a fake photo was sold and distributed as truth. That in of itself doesn't mean the story is fake.

Granted, the news agencies should have been more concerned in verifying its authenticity than being the first to show a picture. Morons, indeed.

Impediment
One fanatic terrorist dead, a million more to go. Only now, the remaining million have a martyr.

Yeah, we're winning "the war", aren't we?

Bluesteel
Ugh.. those Americans outside the White House, and people in general that are quite literally jumping in joy (are just feel joy and satisfaction) all around the world because some Arab was murdered by some soldiers is really disturbing. It says a lot about people, and humans.

I was never one to take sides, be it conspiracy theories or the war effort on terror, or whatever. Because I don't think any of it really helps the human race in any way.

But looking at this, I have a lot of questions, that I am not even sure if I will ever get a satisfying answer to.

Why was Usama buried at the sea? I mean is the a good explanation for that? Like really?

Why was he even killed? I mean ever since the war on terror started, leaders in power, have said, they are the bad guys. we are the good guys, fighting the good fight. Well it goes without saying that if that was the case, the they should show it, and not just talk the talk, but walk the walk aswell. 2 wrongs don't make for a right.

Why was he not brought infront of the International Court of Justice in Hauge?

Because if they have keeping in eye out for him, they could do that, they need'int just send one navy seal team, they could surround that place 100% if they wanted to. Id like to believe that Super power nr.1 in the world can surround a villa.

And again, why now? just right now? just in the middle of the war in Libya, especially after that bombing on Gaddafi, which killed some of his sons, and what not. I mean what it looks like is that the whole Usama thing is just made to re-ensure people that the war America is raging dose eventually yield "results"

I don't know, I'm just amazed and disgusted by this whole war project the west has going for atm.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Bluesteel
Ugh.. those Americans outside the White House, and people in general that are quite literally jumping in joy (are just feel joy and satisfaction) all around the world because some Arab was murdered by some soldiers is really disturbing. It says a lot about people, and humans.

Are you serious? Calling him "some Arab" would be like calling Hitler "some German". As if he was an unimportant nobody.

bin Laden earned his spot in infamy several times over, and in a good riddance this past weekend, he has been flushed from existence.

inimalist
Why was Usama buried at the sea? I mean is the a good explanation for that? Like really?

the site of his body would become a beacon for people who want to do harm to American interests... also, why would the American tax payer be asked to foot the bill for the funeral of Bin Laden?

what else did you want? every single religious tradition on the planet, and most sensible adults, would be offended by his corpse displayed on TV or at a press conference, and any public display of the body is asking for a riot/attack.

What would you have had them do? A national funeral service and a well maintained tombstone? Have Obama spread his ashes somewhere?

Why was he even killed? I mean ever since the war on terror started, leaders in power, have said, they are the bad guys. we are the good guys, fighting the good fight. Well it goes without saying that if that was the case, the they should show it, and not just talk the talk, but walk the walk aswell. 2 wrongs don't make for a right.

he defended himself. I'm sure if the Americans could have taken him alive, they would have, it would have been a even larger victory. The imagine of a broken and defeated Bin Laden in a prison cell is the best meme that America could ever produce to combat Al Qaeda

Why was he not brought infront of the International Court of Justice in Hauge?

He is dead

Because if they have keeping in eye out for him, they could do that, they need'int just send one navy seal team, they could surround that place 100% if they wanted to. Id like to believe that Super power nr.1 in the world can surround a villa.

you mean exactly like what they did?

And again, why now? just right now? just in the middle of the war in Libya, especially after that bombing on Gaddafi, which killed some of his sons, and what not. I mean what it looks like is that the whole Usama thing is just made to re-ensure people that the war America is raging dose eventually yield "results"

in your opinion, they should have waited until they were done in Libya to move in on Bin Laden?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Are you serious? Calling him "some Arab" would be like calling Hitler "some German". As if he was an unimportant nobody.

bin Laden earned his spot in infamy several times over, and in a good riddance this past weekend, he has been flushed from existence. thumbup1

0mega Spawn
meh, Osama can lick my balls... good riddance

kevdude
No, not really. When Al Qaida beheads Americans and then post it on the internet, it seems more befitting of their typical behavior. I woudn't expect them to give an American POW a proper burial with a grave-marker. That's the whole point: in a war, competing sides have historically never been all that respectful of the enemy dead. That's why Xerxes crucified Leonidas' body uspide down. And frankly, a burial at sea for bin Laden was too respectful. They should have planted that SOB's head on a wooden stake.

By the way, it wasn't "3,000 Americans". It was less than 3,000 and citizens from over 90 different countries were killed. Including yours.

thumb up Pretty much!!

Robtard
And frankly, a burial at sea for bin Laden was too respectful. They should have planted that SOB's head on a wooden stake.

Come on, I doubt anyone on board the ship had the Captain Kirk lower-lip tremble as the body was cast off.

What would parading the corpse accomplish?

Bluesteel

truejedi
His beard changes colors.

Regardless, great that he's dead.

what do you mean, "to the birthers?" what does that have to do with this?

Sadako of Girth
Four reasons to maybe have kept the body:

1) Showing the world that it is Bin Laden.

2) Communicating to the world that if you get up to the sort of shit that that guy was meant to have done, the this will be the end result.

3) It might bring some peace to those angered at loss of loved ones due to either being attacked by him, or by having to go fight to go get him.

4) They could give the body to Jeff Dunham.

inimalist

0mega Spawn

What would parading the corpse accomplish? makes a mighty fine example smokin'

inimalist
Four reasons to maybe have kept the body:

1) Showing the world that it is Bin Laden.

2) Communicating to the world that if you get up to the sort of shit that that guy was meant to have done, the this will be the end result.

3) It might bring some peace to those angered at loss of loved ones due to either being attacked by him, or by having to go fight to go get him.

4) They could give the body to Jeff Dunham.

1 they can accomplish with a simple DNA test, not to mention the political capital that the US has risked now claiming to have killed him, 2/3 are accomplished anyways...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>