Thor vs Hulk (movie verions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Hulk from 2008.

Who wins?

Zack Fair
Thor via MJOLNIR drop on Hulkster. shifty

the ninjak
Thor 8/10

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor via MJOLNIR drop on Hulkster. shifty
Why doesn't Thor throw it from directly above bricks more often? And not summon it back. Always horizontally.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by the ninjak
Thor 8/10

Why doesn't Thor throw it from directly above bricks more often? And not summon it back. Always horizontally.

Because the fights wouldn't last more than 2 panels.

the ninjak
True dat.

carver9
Hulk wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
Have you even seen the Thor movie?

carver9
No but I sense that Hulk wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ladies and gentleman, I give you Carver's thought process and reasoning. He uses the force to sense who wins.

Zack Fair
Thor looked way more impressive than 2008 Hulk. Not going to spoil anything though.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ladies and gentleman, I give you Carver's thought process and reasoning. He uses the force to sense who wins.

There ya go. How did you catch on?

Hulk smash.

chomperx9
why make a thread of a movie character when he does not even have feats yet ?

Silent Master
The Thor movie has been out for several days in the UK.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Silent Master
The Thor movie has been out for several days in the UK. never makes any sense of why they release movies there 1st.

the ninjak
Originally posted by chomperx9
why make a thread of a movie character when he does not even have feats yet ?

I saw it like 2 weeks ago sad

He stomps he showed many feats that would distract Hulk long enough to deal Heavy strikes.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by the ninjak
I saw it like 2 weeks ago sad

He stomps he showed many feats that would distract Hulk long enough to deal Heavy strikes.

thumb up

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk wins Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Have you even seen the Thor movie? Originally posted by carver9
No but I sense that Hulk wins. laughing out loud

durhulk

Parmaniac
Hulk smash. No he doesn't, movie Thor was using the Hammer pretty well.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
laughing out loud

durhulk stop Hulk trolling

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
stop Hulk trolling Warned for backseat modding.

vin

JakeTheBank
Hulk gets demolished.

Simbon
Originally posted by Estacado
Hulk from 2008.

Who wins?

Why not Ang Lee's hulk?

Simbon

It's like the Zeus fight -- no matter how badly Zeus destroyed Hulk, Carver just knew that next time around Hulk was going humiliate the skyfather. "Trust in your feelings."

carver9
Originally posted by Simbon
It's like the Zeus fight -- no matter how badly Zeus destroyed Hulk, Carver just knew that next time around Hulk was going humiliate the skyfather. "Trust in your feelings."

Hulk does a repeat and grab Thor hand with Mjlonir in it and beat Thor to sleep... Thor wakes up, Hulk still has his hands and repeat the process. Thor wakes up again, human Banner has his hand and repeat the process.

JakeTheBank
Dude, Movie Thor would destroy Movie Hulk, Carv.

Simbon
I haven't seen the Thor movie yet, but even in the Trailer he does more impressive stuff than 2008 hulk. Ang Lee's hulk may be a different matter.

Carver, the discussion is about movie characters; and your response reveals a disturbed mental process wherein hulk is forever brutalizing Thor with his own weapon. Seek help.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Dude, Movie Thor would destroy Movie Hulk, Carv.

Lol... Jake... you can't tell that I am playing? I never seen the movie before.

Back on topic, Hulk thunder claps Thor hammer out of his hands, gains some kind of adapting power, teleport and grab the hammer before it hits the ground, teleports back to Thor body and put the hammer in Thors hand and beat him to sleep with his own hammer.

JakeTheBank
Lol... Jake... you can't tell that I am playing? I never seen the movie before.

Back on topic, Hulk thunder claps Thor hammer out of his hands, gains some kind of adapting power, teleport and grab the hammer before it hits the ground, teleports back to Thor body and put the hammer in Thors hand and beat him to sleep with his own hammer.

uhuh

I eagerly await the day you see the Thor film and your fantasy world is forever smited.

And for the record, movie Loki would likely kick Hulk's ass, too.

Estacado
Hulk get's the Destroyer treatment....

SamZED
Movie version comicbook version doesnt matter. Thor fighting smart wins. shifty

StiltmanFTW
No but I sense that Hulk wins.

. . .

Zack Fair
Thor also showed formidable hand to hand skills durthor

playa1258
Thor wins, fairy easily, but expect Hulk to get a power increase in the Avengers.

Nihilist
Movie Thor would wreck movie Hulk with ease, he was smashing around frost gaints just for lulz.

carver9
Hulk stomps. Going to see the Thor movie this Saturday but until then Hulk wins via blitz.

playa1258
Yeah whatever, shut up retard

DARTH POWER
Not really a fair fight considering Hulk was seriously depowered for the 2008 movie, whilst movie Thor is close to his Avengers animation self.

Anyway like someone already mentioned Hulk will be powered up again for Avengers where him and Thor will go toe to toe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is the video game cannon to the movie Universe? That's what I heard.

If so, I really cannot imagine how Thor can exist in the same Universe as the Iron Man and Hulk that we saw without Thor making them look utterly worthless. It's like comic book Thor being on a team where the next most powerful member is Spider-Man.

Either they get a noticeable upgrade or Thor get's downgraded. Of course I'm use to that type of bullshit from Marvel but if Thor becomes a hit, I don't think the general public would be as accepting.

Thor beating Hulk in the Avengers? Thor beating Hulk in the Avengers.

ares834
Originally posted by Simbon
Why not Ang Lee's hulk?
Because he is at an entirely diffrent level.

Anyway Thor stomps this thread.

vansonbee
I didn't see the Thor movie, but I believe Hulk wins.

the ninjak
Originally posted by vansonbee
I didn't see the Thor movie, but I believe Hulk wins.

RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! mad

DARTH POWER

If so, I really cannot imagine how Thor can exist in the same Universe as the Iron Man and Hulk that we saw without Thor making them look utterly worthless.

Hulk will have to get an upgrade.. He was seriosuly downgraded from Ang Lee's version to try and make a good movie rather than a good video game..

But what was wrong with movie Iron man?? His powers were depicted quite well.. Sure he could do with a few more weapons, like magnetism, sonic blasts and a force field.. But im guessing we'll see more of that sort of thing in the Avengers movie

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk will need a very large upgrade. Even if they make him more formidable in hand to hand, he can't compete when Thor starts laying down the raw power.

Stark would be useful due to his intelligence and quick thinking but when it comes to combat formidability, he can't really compete with the Odinson imo.

Thor walked through all opposition in the movie. Loki gave him the biggest challenge but all he did was annoy Thor with his attacks and the Odinson didn't really want to hurt him. Ended it really quickly once he got annoyed.

DARTH POWER
Stark would be useful due to his intelligence and quick thinking but when it comes to combat formidability, he can't really compete with the Odinson imo.

Well he is help to Thor, if he combines his repulsors to Thor's lightning it obviously would be a much more powerful shot..

Same with Hulk, add his physical strength to Thor's and you have a lot more strength..

As for competing against Thor, even in the comics and animation Iron man has never been a match for Thor.. The closest he got was in his Thor Busting armour..

And Hulk has only ever been a match for Thor in Strength(possibly stronger than Thor) but never in overall power.

Igniz
Thor FTW

Gecko4lif
Saw thor this morning .Hulk is a mere stain on thor's boot

Badabing
I saw Thor and Hulk still wins. g_hulk

CosmicComet
How would the far Superior Ang Lee Hulk do Rage?

zeel
seen both movies, thor was destroying dozens upon dozens of frost giants by him self then took out a huge reptilan creature. just from what i saw i dont think Hulk in the movies was much more impressive then the average asgardian in the new thor movie.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Badabing
I saw Thor and Hulk still wins. g_hulk
Reported for trolling wolfwood

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Estacado
Hulk from 2008.

Who wins? 08 movie hulk would get oneshotted

thor easily killed some beat thing from jotunheim with ease by flying fight through it's mouth, i hope that wasn't supposed to be mangog....

qqqqqqq
Thor one shot-ed the destroyer. Yes the destroyer.

psycho gundam
the destroyer in the film was a notch more powerful than the iron monger suit from the iron man film

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by playa1258
Thor wins, fairy easily, but expect Hulk to get a power increase in the Avengers.

Possibly, The Hulk film is 3 years older than they Thor film, When its updated and with the same director then comparable differences will most likely show Hulk > Thor. Just like it should be stick out tongue

Mindset
Hulk in the first movie would be a good fight against Thor.

His durability and regen were pretty crazy, and his anger amped his fast.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Mindset
Hulk in the first movie would be a good fight against Thor.

His durability and regen were pretty crazy, and his anger amped his fast.

I agree about the point you made on Hulk's regeneration, but not so much with his durability

Mindset
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
I agree about the point you made on Hulk's regeneration, but not so much with his durability He withstood tank shells, 50 cals, a fall from the mesosphere(?), and a nuke.

carver9
I don't think I voted on this fight yet. Hulk wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did you watch the movie?

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Mindset
He withstood tank shells, 50 cals, a fall from the mesosphere(?), and a nuke.

I dont know about you but i saw a lot of inconsistencies, there were times he was easily damaged, yet i think this was mostly a directional/CGI take to show off The Hulk's regeneration ability.

Sr J-Bieb
I don't think I voted on this fight yet. Hulk wins.

Badabing
Did you watch the movie? Originally posted by carver9
No but I sense that Hulk wins. thumb up

g_hulk

carver9
Did you watch the movie?

Not yet. Can't wait though... going to see it tomorrow. From the way you all are talking about it, Thor must have been an absolute beast in that movie.

Newjak
Thor wins everytime.

I think the only superhero shown a in comic book movie that is stronger than him is Superman.

Sr J-Bieb
Not yet. Can't wait though... going to see it tomorrow. From the way you all are talking about it, Thor must have been an absolute beast in that movie. He got dropped by bullets

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He got dropped by bullets

Hulk stomps.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Newjak
Thor wins everytime.

I think the only superhero shown a in comic book movie that is stronger than him is Superman.

Pretty much. Thor gave me the same uber powerful alien/god vibe Superman gave me in his movies. He streamrolled through everything and tanked/deflected everything thrown at him.

illadelph12
Didn't the Ang Lee Hulk also grow in size as he got angrier? If I remember correctly when he transformed due to Talbot pissing him off at his house then the agents outside shot at him he grew larger as they fired on him. And at the point where he met Betty in the woods before battling the gamma dogs he was like frickin' 12+ ft tall.

Newjak
Yes he did grow Delph.

carver9
Originally posted by illadelph12
Didn't the Ang Lee Hulk also grow in size as he got angrier? If I remember correctly when he transformed due to Talbot pissing him off at his house then the agents outside shot at him he grew larger as they fired on him. And at the point where he met Betty in the woods before battling the gamma dogs he was like frickin' 12+ ft tall.

His strength grew as well with his size.

Zack Fair
Lee Hulk was definitely beast.

janus77
it all depends on which Hulk we're talking about.

Ang Lee Hulk should indeed smash Thor, he'd rip bifrost bridge in half.
Norton Hulk was lame, more akin to a rampant Thing, than truly a Hulk.

Thor was pretty awesome, fx-wise, but nothing impressive happened. The Frost Giants were like Hand Ninjas made of ice... you could kill one by simply chucking a hub cap at it.

I hope they reboot the reboot of Hulk, it's such a shame they never made a single decent film out of that character.

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
it all depends on which Hulk we're talking about.

Ang Lee Hulk should indeed smash Thor, he'd rip bifrost bridge in half.
Norton Hulk was lame, more akin to a rampant Thing, than truly a Hulk.

Thor was pretty awesome, fx-wise, but nothing impressive happened. The Frost Giants were like Hand Ninjas made of ice... you could kill one by simply chucking a hub cap at it.

I hope they reboot the reboot of Hulk, it's such a shame they never made a single decent film out of that character.

Wow...

My boy Janus is back. Finally got someone back that can help me with Hulk debates.

illadelph12
I actually preferred the Ang Lee/Eric Bana Hulk film, personally. Even with the lame Absorbing Man adaptation finale. I liked Tim Roth as Blonsky though (prior to the transformation).

janus77
Wow...

My boy Janus is back. Finally got someone back that can help me with Hulk debates.
lol,

I'm busy getting married mate, not read much comics wise but... I did see Thor tonight. And it was good.

just had to pop in here and see what was what.

janus77
Originally posted by illadelph12
I actually preferred the Ang Lee/Eric Bana Hulk film, personally. Even with the lame Absorbing Man adaptation finale. I liked Tim Roth as Blonsky though (prior to the transformation).
Over time, I've come to accept it as an 'okay' film. The poodles are what killed any possibility that film had for greatness. I still cannot begin to fathom what would possess someone like Ang Lee to do that?

Mind you, Liv Tyler over Jeniffer Connelly any day of the week yes.

Zack Fair
I liked the 2008 Hulk over 2003 Hulk even if he was toned down. The Abomination vs Hulk fight was awesome. Plus we finally got to hear "HULK SMASH" in the big screen. Nothing tops that.

Nihilist
laughing out loud @ Ang Lee Hulk beating Thor, that Hulk struggled with gamma dogs.

Good to see Anus77 showing his face after all this time since Zeus destroyed Hulk.

psycho gundam
facepalm

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Nihilist
laughing out loud @ Ang Lee Hulk beating Thor, that Hulk struggled with gamma dogs.

Good to see Anus77 showing his face after all this time since Zeus destroyed Hulk.

thumb up

laughing out loud

Black bolt z
Movie thor didn't show any versatility whatsoever.

Hulk wins.

Black bolt z
Not yet. Can't wait though... going to see it tomorrow. From the way you all are talking about it, Thor must have been an absolute beast in that movie. Eh. Wasn't great.

Silent Master
How is the Hulk going to deal wtih Thor flying into the air and causing a tornado like he did against the Destroyer?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z

Hulk wins. laughing out loud And Hulk did ?

Parmaniac

Hulk wins. Thor rotated his hammer to shoot debris from the ground around.

Thor created a hurricane and sucked the Destroyer into it.

Thor flew.

Thor just put his hammer on Lokis chest to pin him to the ground.

Thor tossed his hammer in the faces of several Frost Giants and summoned it back into his hand.

And IIRC Thor Godblasted or at least it looked like a GB but I could be wrong on this.

Considering that we watched a movie where characters usually doesn't show their potential like in the comics Thor was damn versatile.

At least in the Hammer fight department.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud And Hulk did ?
Hulk can punch with his left and right hand. AND yell. AND Jump....

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Thor rotated his hammer to shoot debris from the ground around.

Thor created a hurricane and sucked the Destroyer into it.

Thor flew.

Thor just put his hammer on Lokis chest to pin him to the ground.

Thor tossed his hammer in the faces of several Frost Giants and summoned it back into his hand.

And IIRC Thor Godblasted or at least it looked like a GB but I could be wrong on this.

Considering that we watched a movie where characters usually doesn't show their potential like in the comics Thor was damn versatile.

At least in the Hammer fight department. Then only one of those that is versatility is the lightning and the hurricane.

And IMO hulk showed better physical strength and durability than thor.

gogogadgetgo
Then only one of those that is versatility is the lightning and the hurricane.

And IMO hulk showed better physical strength and durability than thor.

wait WUT?! did you just say "only ONE of those that is versatility is the lightning and the hurricane"???!??? sooooooo.... lighting is one and hurricane is one....then put them together lightning and hurricane = one?! laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Newjak
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
wait WUT?! did you just say "only ONE of those that is versatility is the lightning and the hurricane"???!??? sooooooo.... lighting is one and hurricane is one....then put them together lightning and hurricane = one?! laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance I think he meant

"The only ones on that list that show versatility are the lightning and Hurricane feats, and that the other ones don't show versatility."

Not that I agree but I think that is what he meant. I could be wrong though.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I liked the 2008 Hulk over 2003 Hulk even if he was toned down. The Abomination vs Hulk fight was awesome. Plus we finally got to hear "HULK SMASH" in the big screen. Nothing tops that.

Yep. 2008 was actually a good film, which Id prefer to a contest of which version has the best powers.

I think the only reason it wasn't a big box office success was the memory of Ang Lee's film. In fact I wasnt even sure if it was a sequel or a complete remake until I saw it.

As for this fight, 2008 doesnt stand a chance, but Ang Lee Hulk vs this Thor would defo be a good one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.