Weakest person who can beat Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Simbon
Weakest person who can beat Namor for a majority. Namor is fresh from the sea.

carver9
Wolverine

Q99
Slightly even more hydrated Namor?

Mindset
TOAA

carver9
Yes... he has defeated a Namor in his wet suit before. In a fight, Wolverine has him beat 3 to 1 and the 1 he got was from a sneak attack.

chomperx9
Jaws

Simbon
Originally posted by Mindset
TOAA

How?

Mindset
Originally posted by Simbon
How? Karate.

Simbon
Karate.

TOAA has never used karate on-panel. Even if you wanted to assume he knows he it, I'm pretty sure Namor knows Gymkata.

Mindset
TOAA has never used karate on-panel. Even if you wanted to assume he knows he it, I'm pretty sure Namor knows Gymkata. TOAA invented karate.

dmills
TOAA invented karate. Karate ain't Gymkata sneer

Simbon
TOAA invented karate.

Inventing something doesn't always mean you're the best at it; the guys who developed modern boxing probably wouldn't have done so great in the ring against Foreman, Ali, or Tyson.

Mindset
Inventing something doesn't always mean you're the best at it; the guys who developed modern boxing probably wouldn't have done so great in the ring against Foreman, Ali, or Tyson. In this case it means he's the best at it.

Simbon
Originally posted by dmills
Karate ain't Gymkata sneer

word.

Simbon
In this case it means he's the best at it.

Feats please -- I've had enough of this "TOAA wins because he's TOAA" crap.

Mindset
Feat: He invented Karate.

dmills
Piece of shyte won't post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTkUcXGF_Q

Simbon
Feat: He invented Karate.

Mindset, when you are clinging this desperately to a single feat/line of argument, it is probably a sign that you are a fanboy.

FACT: TOAA has no on-panel karate feats.
FACT: Namor has thrown around submarines, and even K.O.'d the hulk with a lightning bolt. These two are not even in the same weight-class.

Simbon
Piece of shyte won't post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTkUcXGF_Q

EXACTLY! Now imagine how devastating those moves would be if he had tiny wings on his ankles!

Mindset
Mindset, when you are clinging this desperately to a single feat/line of argument, it is probably a sign that you are a fanboy.

FACT: TOAA has no on-panel karate feats.
FACT: Namor has thrown around submarines, and even K.O.'d the hulk with a lightning bolt. These two are not even in the same weight-class. Fact: TOAA invented karate.

Fact: Namor has never beaten anyone who invented karate.

Simbon
Fact: TOAA invented karate.

Fact: Namor has never beaten anyone who invented karate.

Weak sauce. First of all, Gymkata > Karate. SEcond of all, let's see some scans of TOAA in h2h, because I'm not buying. I think you should look at the Namor respect thread before you keep on churning out this BS.

Mindset
Weak sauce. First of all, Gymkata > Karate. SEcond of all, let's see some scans of TOAA in h2h, because I'm not buying. I think you should look at the Namor respect thread before you keep on churning out this BS. Prove gymkata is better.

Find the scans yourself.

Simbon
Prove gymkata is better.

Find the scans yourself.

Dmills has already posted the link.

As for the scans, I accept your concession.

Mindset
The info is out there, it's on you to find it.

chomperx9
Fact: TOAA invented karate.

Fact: Namor has never beaten anyone who invented karate. TOAA has never beaten anyone who invented Big Macs as well

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
TOAA has never beaten anyone who invented Big Macs as well Namor didn't invent big macs.

Simbon
Namor didn't invent big macs.

Prove it.

Mindset
Prove it. I just did.

Simbon
I just did.

Oh no you di'n't.

dmills
EXACTLY! Now imagine how devastating those moves would be if he had tiny wings on his ankles! Coupled with the fact that the techniques force large angry mobs of psychopaths to fight you one at a time instead of dog piling you proves its inherent superiority to Karate! Gymkata wtf!

Mindset
Oh no you di'n't. Originally posted by Simbon
Prove it.

Mindset
Coupled with the fact that the techniques force large angry mobs of psychopaths to fight you one at a time instead of dog piling you proves its inherent superiority to Karate! Gymkata wtf! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3JpHX4OKbRI/TbzGYu9lOiI/AAAAAAAACkk/jA5QS1DzdpU/s1600/laters.gif

dmills
laughing out loud

dmills
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3JpHX4OKbRI/TbzGYu9lOiI/AAAAAAAACkk/jA5QS1DzdpU/s1600/laters.gif Randy, please retire sad

Simbon
Mindset, you disappoint me. It seems that you've expended so much effort defending the hopeless prospects of TOAA against Namor that you've finally cracked, trying to pit my posts against one another and throwing up ultimate fighting gifs as if they were a bulwark against reality. You have lost, my friend.

Mindset
That doesn't make any sense.

TheLordofMurder
To get on topic...

Who is the weakest character who can beat Namor (and I assume the OP means beat him every single time)?

I vote for Cloak; sneak up on him via stealth and BFR him to the Dark Dimension every single time...

shadowcat

Uriel005
Originally posted by 753
shadowcat This. It just becomes a matter of time.

Hyperion Prime
Luke Cage is the weakest who can defeat him.

Harbinger
Mindset's posts: lulz.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Yes... he has defeated a Namor in his wet suit before. In a fight, Wolverine has him beat 3 to 1 and the 1 he got was from a sneak attack.

STFU smile

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/namor2.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/namor4.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1778341-untitledscanned0510tv0_super.jpg

and namor only needed to resort to water because logan cheapshoted him when namor tried to make peace. clealry logan can kill him , but in a forum battle, he wouldn't take a majority. namor 6-7/10 against wolverine

Dum Dum Dugan
hyperion prime, you do realize that what you posted does not discredit a thing carver said. would you like me to post the time namor got his shit kicked in by wolverine? How about I post it super large like you?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
and namor only needed to resort to water because logan cheapshoted him when namor tried to make peace. clealry logan can kill him , but in a forum battle, he wouldn't take a majority. namor 6-7/10 against wolverine
I completely disagree. They have foughten several times, wolverine has been on the winning end the majority of time. Namor even stated before that he could not defeat a non mind control wolverine. Sorry but evidence does not support wolverine being unable to take the majority.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by 753

I think 8/10. Wolverine should never be able to hang with people like namor and the Hulk. Wolverine only gets wins, because of his popularity. Every fight would be like the one I posted. Namor just isn't as popular.

Anyway as I said before the weakest person who could beat Namor is Luke Cage.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I think 8/10. Wolverine should never be able to hang with people like namor and the Hulk. Wolverine only gets wins, because of his popularity. Every fight would be like the one I posted. Namor just isn't as popular.

No that simply your wishful thinking on your part. Prior to his popularity he was fighting both, so your entire arguement is based off utter bullshit.

Anyway as I said before the weakest person who could beat Namor is Luke Cage.

Luke cage can beat namor but not wolverine you make me laugh laughing

inimalist
Wolverine should never be able to hang with people like namor and the Hulk.

a very strong indictment, considering Wolverine was created as a Hulk villain...

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by inimalist
a very strong indictment, considering Wolverine was created as a Hulk villain...
I know, gotta love how ignorant some people can be and yet still make such bold claims.

srankmissingnin
The only way Luke Cage is beating Namor is if the Submariner catches pneumonia... and then has a stroke.

Wolverine takes Namor for a high majority.

Hyperion Prime

confused

So Mr Hyde was created as a Thor villian and in reality he should never be able to defeat Thor

inimalist
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I know, gotta love how ignorant some people can be and yet still make such bold claims.

87.4% of wolverines appearances are PIS, duh

inimalist
confused

So Mr Hyde was created as a Thor villian and in reality he should never be able to defeat Thor

reality?

Dum Dum Dugan
lol

but we should not be surprised in the least. He the same idiot that thinks luke cage can beat namor.

Hyperion Prime

You said it not me. How can a guy with upper level of human strength hang with someone like the Hulk. I don't care what kind of bones that midget has. WWH proved that all these years Wolverines victories have been PIS. You get on top of him and don't let up and he is history.

Dum Dum Dugan
You said it not me. How can a guy with upper level of human strength hang with someone like the Hulk.

No he has superhuman strength first champ

And his strength has zero to do with his ability to hang with either, the fact you think it relevant shows your ignorance.

care what kind of bones that midget has. WWH proved that all these years Wolverines victories have been PIS. You get on top of him and don't let up and he is history.
How does WWH disprove wolverine victories?

Gotta love your crazy conclusion jumping. Do you just enjoy looking like moron?

Or did you miss the fact WWH destroy everyone he fought and that wolverine last longer then almost any one. Or the fact he only accomplished this because of his large mass and healing factor, niether of which namor has champ.

must get tireing constantly being wrong roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
You said it not me. How can a guy with upper level of human strength hang with someone like the Hulk. I don't care what kind of bones that midget has. WWH proved that all these years Wolverines victories have been PIS. You get on top of him and don't let up and he is history.

Pretty simple. He has a healing factor that allows him to shrug of damage from top tier class 100s and he has weaponry that essentially multiples his enemies durability by 0 with it's armour pen capabilities. Not incredibly complicated. Wolverine took more blows from WWH than anyone other than Sentry.

inimalist

you have convinced me, you clearly understand the characters better than does Marvel, I'm sorry to question you...

you realize this is about on the same level as asking "how can being bitten by a radioactive spider give powers, i mean, it makes no sense!"

at least I have the humility to be embarrassed when I moan about bullet physics in comics.

carver9
Luke Cage is the weakest who can defeat him.

Wow... and you are telling ME to stfu and you sit here and say that Luke Cage can beat Namor even though Namor is MILLIONS of times stronger than him, faster, more durable and just overall more powerful.

Namor one shots Luke... punch clean through his stomach. At least what I said was actually shown on panel.

Dum Dum Dugan
hynperion just got quadpwned

inimalist
I'm just going to throw it out there:

Spider-Man should never be able to hang with Goblin
The FF are not strong enough to fight Doom
Wolverine and Cyc are barely above street level..

at least, in reality

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Wow... and you are telling ME to stfu and you sit here and say that Luke Cage can beat Namor even though Namor is MILLIONS of times stronger than him, faster, more durable and just overall more powerful.

Namor one shots Luke... punch clean through his stomach. At least what I said was actually shown on panel.

And yet a true showing of how wolverine would fair against someone like Namor is how he got curb stomped by Wonderman and the wrecker. he has been one-shotted by the Juggernaut. This is how a fight between him and Namor should go down

Hyperion Prime
I'm just going to throw it out there:

Wolverine and Cyc are barely above street level..

at least, in reality

This last one on 100% true.

inimalist
/facepalm

srankmissingnin
And yet a true showing of how wolverine would fair against someone like Namor is how he got curb stomped by Wonderman and the wrecker. he has been one-shotted by the Juggernaut. This is how a fight between him and Namor should go down

Wonderman ambushed and beat him down for a page and couldn't get a ko. Wreaker hit him twice to no avail while Spider-woman's pheromones were messing with his senses... and then got carved up like a turkey. Juggeraut "one-shotted" Wolverine before Marvel even decided Wolverine had a healing factor or what his powers were.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Juggeraut "one-shotted" Wolverine before Marvel even decided Wolverine had a healing factor or what his powers were.

That's a lie wolverines had his adamantium and his powers were established. Don't give me that it was 40 years ago crap.

Hyperion Prime
Wonderman ambushed and beat him down for a page and couldn't get a ko. Wreaker hit him twice to no avail while Spider-woman's pheromones were messing with his senses... and then got carved up like a turkey. Juggeraut "one-shotted" Wolverine before Marvel even decided Wolverine had a healing factor or what his powers were.

Ben Grimm got the KO in one hit in FF VS XMEN

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/2vlmx35.jpg

Namor and thing are at least equal in strength. That is how all fights with bricks against wolverine should go.

srankmissingnin
That's a lie wolverines had his adamantium and his powers were established. Don't give me that it was 40 years ago crap.

Juggernaut "one-shotted" Wolverine in Uncanny X-Men 102. Do you know when we found out what Wolverine's mutant power was? Uncanny X-Men 142. Five years later.

srankmissingnin
Ben Grimm got the KO in one hit in FF VS XMEN

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/2vlmx35.jpg

Namor and thing are at least equal in strength. That is how all fights with bricks against wolverine should go.

PIS.

Hyperion Prime
PIS.

laughing laughing Owned its PIS CUZ you don't like it!!!!! wink I am done so cya later.

srankmissingnin
laughing laughing Owned its PIS CUZ you don't like it!!!!! wink I am done so cya later.

It's PIS because it doesn't fall anywhere close to in line with how Wolverine is portrayed. Obviously. If comics confuse you, maybe you should stick to watching anime?

Anyway as I said before the weakest person who could beat Namor is Luke Cage. Ill give you hulk, but hulk >>> namor even though namor can fly and is faster. besides, hulk's hf and damage soak are a lot better

Zack Fair
Wouldn't mind having all of Wolverine's fights against brick last as long and having the same result as the Thing scan laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/UXM_120_Sasquatch.jpg

I don't see a great deal of Logan's lower end showings posted on KMC. Shame.

psycho gundam
damn walter, you snuck up on wolverine?

and you know for cottdamn sure that yeti smelled like 5 tons of wet dog and ball sweat

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Wouldn't mind having all of Wolverine's fights against brick last as long and having the same result as the Thing scan laughing

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

That's just the thing.....even though Sasquatch snuck up on him anyone with class strength like Namor and up should be able to just manhandle him. 2 hits against the wall was all it took. Where does a guy with less than class 1 strength get off fighting guys like this. WWH wrote out the blue print for being a brick and taking out logan.

namor can fly and bullrush at superspeed, so even in a featureless environment he can beat logan. in a city, he could dump a building on him

Rage.Of.Olympus
The tactic he used against Demon Wolverine should basically be the end of Logan. I can't believe I've never seen a brick use the tactics the Agents of Atlas did against Logan.

His greatest weapon are his 3 foot claws. Any Class 100 should be capable of comfortably overcoming that with long range tactics or using the environment. Unfortunately Logan's pretty useless if he can't cut you so that won't happen often.

psycho gundam
except for thanos right?

stick out tongue

Hyperion Prime
It's good to see some non-wolverine fanboys get into the thread. galan_namor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
except for thanos right?

stick out tongue

Yup. Unfortunately Logan's stealth is too big of an advantage.

Who was it that embarassed Logan in Agents of Atlas? Ken? I forget.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by 753
namor can fly and bullrush at superspeed, so even in a featureless environment he can beat logan. in a city, he could dump a building on him

He could use his superior strength to grab him and drop him from 3 miles up. Marvels wankage of wolverine is sad.

The tactic he used against Demon Wolverine should basically be the end of Logan. I can't believe I've never seen a brick use the tactics the Agents of Atlas did against Logan.

His greatest weapon are his 3 foot claws. Any Class 100 should be capable of comfortably overcoming that with long range tactics or using the environment. Unfortunately Logan's pretty useless if he can't cut you so that won't happen often. yes with use of the environment logan would be screwed as he has no chance of closing in on namor against his will. but even in a featureless environment, namor has good chances although, logans own chances would increase dramatically

inimalist
He could use his superior strength to grab him and drop him from 3 miles up. Marvels wankage of wolverine is sad.

but they define the character's power level...

srankmissingnin

Again, another incident before Wolverine had a healing factor. Sad.

He could use his superior strength to grab him and drop him from 3 miles up. Marvels wankage of wolverine is sad. the problem for that would be grabbing his hands without getting cut. landing a single uppercut could probably already throw logan 3 miles up on the other hand. preferably, this should be atempt from behind with use of superspeed and flight

Mindset
How was Wolverine taking on the Hulk before he had a healing factor?

his silver age power was reality warping

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by 753
the problem for that would be grabbing his hands without getting cut. landing a single uppercut could probably already throw logan 3 miles up on the other hand. preferably, this should be atempt from behind with use of superspeed and flight

Good idea and it would work. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
yes with use of the environment logan would be screwed as he has no chance of closing in on namor against his will. but even in a featureless environment, namor has good chances although, logans own chances would increase dramatically

True, Logan's own chances to increase dramatically in close combat.

I still say someone should just grab him by the wrists and then proceed to beat him unconscious. But for characters like Logan and Hulk, if the opponents don't fight them on their terms, it's not going to be a very interesting battle.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
his silver age power was reality warping

I don't think that has changed

-Pr-
Cyclops.

Hyperion Prime
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/wolverine020.jpg

In this issue Tigershark used superior speed and strength to drive wolverine under the ocean into a bed of coral. Wolverine was about to drown, because he was not strong enough to pull himself from the coral. In a huge bout of PIS the coral broke at the last second and Wolverine saved himself. Tigershark is like class 85 he should never lose to wolverine especially when they are on a damn boat

Watch the wolverine crowd will start hitting the report button.

srankmissingnin
How was Wolverine taking on the Hulk before he had a healing factor?

He was essentially Spider-man without a spider-sense and with vaguely defined level of invulnerability that allowed him to take shots from Colossus and Firelord.

srankmissingnin
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/wolverine020.jpg

In this issue Tigershark used superior speed and strength to drive wolverine under the ocean into a bed of coral. Wolverine was about to drown, because he was not strong enough to pull himself from the coral. In a huge bout of PIS the coral broke at the last second and Wolverine saved himself. Tigershark is like class 85 he should never lose to wolverine especially when they are on a damn boat

Watch the wolverine crowd will start hitting the report button.

I don't think anyone would argue that Wolverine would have a shot against Namor or Tiger Shark underwater, but as soon as he got free and fought outside of the water he owned Tiger Shark in a few panels.

kgkg
I thought the Hulk is the strongest one there is!

inimalist
more generally, where do people get the idea that trying to put wolverine in a hold would be effective or safe? getting in close and trying to control his arms would seem like the best way to lose a hand, unless you have like quicksilver reflexes. even then, holding him isnt a win, and every second he is held the probability of him impaling you becomes greater and greater, especially given his stamina...

Originally posted by -Pr-
Cyclops.

agreed

SasuOna
Black Panther

Sr J-Bieb
He was essentially Spider-man without a spider-sense and with vaguely defined level of invulnerability that allowed him to take shots from Colossus and Firelord. Wolverine couldn't take shots from Firelord now without being KO'ed...

Existere
Originally posted by -Pr-
Cyclops. Yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.