British Police want to be above the law.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Daemon Seed
This is very scary, I was out of the country when this happened so it's only registered a few months later.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oct/10/metropolitan-police-sir-paul-stephenson

King Kandy
All police want this, actually.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by King Kandy

Oh, no doubt about that.

Symmetric Chaos
Brilliant: The police are constantly losing in court when people sue them. Thus it should be impossible to sue them.

It really gets to the root of the problem.

Originally posted by King Kandy

Yes, absolutely.

Lord Lucien
Police should be above the law and never be held responsible for their actions. It's the only way to be sure.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Police should be above the law and never be held responsible for their actions. It's the only way to be sure.

Hmmm, methinks thou is being sarcastic.

Robtard
I don't know, the man has an awfully honest face on him. Just look into his eyes.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/10/10/1286729279438/Met-chief-Sir-Paul-Stephe-006.jpg

Liberator
They weren't already?

giggles

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Liberator
They weren't already?

giggles

Well, the guy who killed Tomlinson is in trouble Lib. Although I did laugh at your post.

siriuswriter
Ugh. This is why I hate the following words : "Always," and "Never." Oh, also "Absolute," and "Ultimatum."

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Ugh. This is why I hate the following words : "Always," and "Never." Oh, also "Absolute," and "Ultimatum."

I hate the word- Dictatorship

King Kandy
Police in my town are a joke; just recently there was the first police killed in 35 years... now they will basically be free to do whatever they want out of respect for the "risks" of the job, even though 1 death per 35 years is actually very low compared to most places.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Daemon Seed
I hate the word- Dictatorship

They all go together nicely, don't they?

RE: Blaxican
2aaubVlhNK4

Daemon Seed
They all go together nicely, don't they?

Yes.

Symmetric Chaos

How does that relate to the article?

Traction
This doesn't sound good. I don't like cops.

They'll only start abusing their authority. Infact, some of them already do.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Traction
This doesn't sound good. I don't like cops.

They'll only start abusing their authority. Infact, some of them already do.

Well said friend!

Traction
Originally posted by Daemon Seed
Well said friend!

Thank you.

I think the thing that I don't like about cops here in Britain is that they seem to focus on the lighter crimes like shoplifting, and less on the more serious matters.

Though I understand, things are not always what they seem in this system.

RE: Blaxican
Nobody likes cops.

Except for when your ass is grass. Then suddenly it's all "Help me mr. police man risk your life because I'm a ***** negro and can't save my self.".

King Kandy
I don't see why that's hypocritical... they are public employees. If you have an employee that is doing a shitty job, what's unreasonable about asking them to do a good job for once?

Samurai4Hire
We dont need Cops. All they do is clean up the mess when the crimeis over. They may give pause to "Law abiding people" but other than that I say get rid of police

Liberator
Originally posted by Samurai4Hire
We dont need Cops. All they do is clean up the mess when the crimeis over. They may give pause to "Law abiding people" but other than that I say get rid of police

The only problem with this is that people in this society would not know how to handle themselves in any functional manner if something were to happen. It's not their fault, but rather, their upbringing and what they were taught.

Police are only necessary because the people have been kept to stupid to think for themselves.

Sadako of Girth
They're meant to be there for more than that.
Enforcing the common law for example.

Some people, presented with the same info as everyone else, have different cognitive abilities and cannot grasp it.
Drunk people shouldn't drive. etc
(Thats something that needs to be enforced)

And speaking of drinking, the streets at night as the boozers shut'll show you why Police are still needed to enforce common law.
(Dont be violent, dont cause loss to another, don't kill basically)

The vulnerable and disabled need protection too.
These are why in theory the police are a good idea, in principle..

But lets face it, the issues being discussed here go beyond that.
They go more into "power corrupts, absolute power absolutely corrupts" kinda territory.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
They're meant to be there for more than that.
Enforcing the common law for example.

Some people, presented with the same info as everyone else, have different cognitive abilities and cannot grasp it.
Drunk people shouldn't drive. etc
(Thats something that needs to be enforced)

And speaking of drinking, the streets at night as the boozers shut'll show you why Police are still needed to enforce common law.
(Dont be violent, dont cause loss to another, don't kill basically)

The vulnerable and disabled need protection too.
These are why in theory the police are a good idea, in principle..

But lets face it, the issues being discussed here go beyond that.
They go more into "power corrupts, absolute power absolutely corrupts" kinda territory.

Exactly, look at this chump

http://www.ripongazette.co.uk/news/national/police_chief_warned_over_misconduct_1_3364486

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.