Professor Zoom Vs Rune King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Uriel005
RKT

Tha C-Master
You gave Thor the win. I'm surprised by your other comments. Is CIS off?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rune King Thor has zero durability feats but I'm assuming his at bare minimum as durable as King Thor. Every single attack mounted against him was blocked automatically by the Rune Power. The fields have never reacted to anything as fast as Zoom unfortunately but it granted him total omniscience.

With this level perception and power level, I'd wager Zoom would be an utter non factor but moving fast takes precedent over common sense a times on here.

Uriel005
King Thor and up Time Manips are enough IMO to handle Zoom who is a time manip based character unlike Flashes he has more limitations in terms of speed.

Hyperion Prime
rkt

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Uriel005
King Thor and up Time Manips are enough IMO to handle Zoom who is a time manip based character unlike Flashes he has more limitations in terms of speed. Possibly, although it does come down to reaction time. Zoom is portrayed as more powerful than Flash.

This is CIS on though.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Rune King Thor has zero durability feats but I'm assuming his at bare minimum as durable as King Thor. Every single attack mounted against him was blocked automatically by the Rune Power. The fields have never reacted to anything as fast as Zoom unfortunately but it granted him total omniscience.

With this level perception and power level, I'd wager Zoom would be an utter non factor but moving fast takes precedent over common sense a times on here. You got it. wink

TheLordofMurder
RKT every single time...

Prep-Man
Couldn't Zoom just mess with Thor's age? He has more powers than just running fast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I stopped reading Flash at #8. What feats does Zoom he have besides running fast? And they better be some uber shit if he wants to get into a time manipulation battle with the most powerful Odin Force wielder we have ever seen. Stopping time, reversing it etc. should all be something his capable off. For the record, messing with Thor's age has failed twice.

Galan007
So far, the best feat(s) Eobard has are stomping every single member of the Flash family (Barry, Wally, Bart, Max, etc.) at the same time, and manipulating the negative speed force in such a way that he created his own personification of death, by infusing said energies with Barry - he's also slapped around Hal, Booster, Superman, etc. Additionally, Zoom can seemingly use the NSF to place his consciousness in others, and manifest himself in that 'host body' with a thought. That ability, however, has yet to be completely defined.

...But I'm sure he'll rack up quite a bit more, once Flashpoint has concluded.

SasuOna
Zoom takes this Negative speed force time manipulation says hi

beyond his level of power and hype RKT never displayed anything that would give a Flash let alone Zoom pause.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Galan007
So far, the best feat(s) Eobard has are stomping every single member of the Flash family (Barry, Wally, Bart, Max, etc.) at the same time, and manipulating the negative speed force in such a way that he created his own personification of death, by infusing said energies with Barry - he's also slapped around Hal, Booster, Superman, etc.

Are you referring to the Reborn mini with the stomping of the Flash family? I also read the scene with the League. None of that even begins to support taking on this level of an Odin Force wielder in time manipulation. Or in a battle.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the personification of death bit. Is this a recent development? Or are you summarizing what happened in Reborn in a impressive way?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by SasuOna
Zoom takes this Negative speed force time manipulation says hi

beyond his level of power and hype RKT never displayed anything that would give a Flash let alone Zoom pause.

baka

This boards love of speedsters is starting to get out of hand. Seriously.

Galan007
Are you referring to the Reborn mini with the stomping of the Flash family? I also read the scene with the League. None of that even begins to support taking on an Odin Force wielder in time manipulation. Or in a battle. It all comes down to the perception/reaction thing again. If Thor never gets the opportunity to tag Zoom, he cannot win, etc.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the personification of death bit. Do you have scans? Or are you summarizing what happened in Reborn in a impressive way? I was summarizing what happened in Reborn, exactly how it happened... Or did you think Barry was transformed into the Black Flash by accident?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It all comes down to the perception/reaction thing again. If Thor never gets the opportunity to tag Zoom, he cannot win. Etc.

Assuming omniscience or the automatic defenses of the Runes doesn't counter act his speed, how would some space/time manipulation work?

I was summarizing what happened in Reborn, exactly how it happened... Or did you think Barry was transformed into the Black Flash by accident?

No, I know what happened. He manipulated the Speed Force in some way to turn Barry into a version of Black Flash. Doesn't prove he can defeat Rune King Thor in time manipulation so I wasn't sure if there was a more recent development.

Galan007
Assuming omniscience or the automatic defenses of the Runes doesn't counter act his speed, how would some space/time manipulation work? This is essentially "Odin vs. Flash/Zoom" all over again... Except Odin has a -lot- more feats than RKT does.

Anyhow, there's no reason to have the same debate.... Again. All opinions on the matter were stated multiple times in that thread.

No, I know what happened. He manipulated the Speed Force in some way to turn Barry into a version of Black Flash. Doesn't prove he can defeat Rune King Thor in time manipulation so I wasn't sure if there was a more recent development. Never said he could beat Thor in such a manner. You asked for Professor Zoom's more impressive feats, and I listed them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tha C-Master
baka

This boards love of speedsters is starting to get out of hand. Seriously. Speed can never get out of hand, it does get off on the right foot though. wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is essentially "Odin vs. Flash/Zoom" all over again... Except Odin has a -lot- more feats than RKT does.

Anyhow, there's no reason to have the same debate.... Again. All opinions on the matter were stated multiple times in that thread.

His constant omniscience and seemingly automatic defenses are a plus. I'd also be comfortable in arguing he could do anything Odin could.

Fine. Still think this shit is getting out of hand. Applying comic book physics outside of a comic book situation. Might as well start making threads against Celestials etc.

Never said he could beat Thor in such a manner. You asked for Professor Zoom's more impressive feats, and I listed them. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's my bad then. Was referring to time manipulation. He hasn't done anything I haven't seen so far apparently.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Speed can never get out of hand, it does get off on the right foot though. wink

Eh. I'll give you a B-.

Tha C-Master
Eh. I'll give you a B-. It was a good quick one liner. stick out tongue

Galan007
His constant omniscience and seemingly automatic defenses are a plus. I'd also be comfortable in arguing he could do anything Odin could.

Fine. Still think this shit is getting out of hand. Applying comic book physics outside of a comic book situation. Some people do take it out of hand, I'll give you that. Just don't blanket everyone who presents an argument for a speedster as an "illogical/idiotic speedster lover". wink

That's my bad then. Was referring to time manipulation. He hasn't done anything I haven't seen so far apparently. Yeah, he just started becoming more active again during the last few issues of Flash - but considering his plan is to "unwind history", I'm sure we'll seem some Zoom awesomesauce very soon in Flashpoint.

Newjak
Some people do take it out of hand, I'll give you that. Just don't blanket everyone who presents an argument for a speedster as an "illogical/idiotic speedster lover". wink

I thought you guys were all the same stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Some people do take it out of hand, I'll give you that. Just don't blanket everyone who presents an argument for a speedster as an "illogical/idiotic speedster lover". wink

I won't generalize. Not if you put out. naughty

Yeah, he just started becoming more active again during the last few issues of Flash - but considering his plan is to "unwind history", I'm sure we'll seem some Zoom awesomesauce very soon in Flashpoint.

I've lost interest in most comics these days. I'm only reading about 3 DC titles so I'll be pretty clueless to future showings. If Wally does become more prominent etc. do let me know. Maybe I'll start reading the Flash title again. Personally, I hate this Negative/Positive Speed Force crap and the retcon. Someone really needs to tell Johns enough is enough.

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
I thought you guys were all the same stick out tongue "You guys" eh? bat

I won't generalize. Not if you put out. naughty

I've lost interest in most comics these days. I'm only reading about 3 DC titles so I'll be pretty clueless to future showings. If Wally does become more prominent etc. do let me know. Maybe I'll start reading the Flash title again. Personally, I hate this Negative/Positive Speed Force crap and the retcon. Someone really needs to tell Johns enough is enough. bashful

Johns is a huge speedster fanboy. He'll wank them until the day he dies.

Tha C-Master
Every character has fanboys and haters, it's how it goes.

Newjak
"You guys" eh? bat

bashful

Johns is a huge speedster fanboy. He'll wank them until the day he dies. I didn't stutter big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
bashful

Johns is a huge speedster fanboy. He'll wank them until the day he dies.

sailor

I hate what his done to Green Lantern currently.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
It was a good quick one liner. stick out tongue

I still expected better. Aim for chuckle level.

Galan007
sailor

I hate what his done to Green Lantern currently. The stories are quite good, imo. But yeah, he's watered down GL's as a whole quite a bit.

Tha C-Master
I still expected better. Aim for chuckle level. B- is beyond chuckle. stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
The stories are quite good, imo. But yeah, he's watered down GL's as a whole quite a bit.

Eh, the Rainbow Lantern crap should have ended earlier on. I grew weary of it and had to stop reading at the end of Blackest Night.

Prep-Man
So far, the best feat(s) Eobard has are stomping every single member of the Flash family (Barry, Wally, Bart, Max, etc.) at the same time, and manipulating the negative speed force in such a way that he created his own personification of death, by infusing said energies with Barry - he's also slapped around Hal, Booster, Superman, etc. Additionally, Zoom can seemingly use the NSF to place his consciousness in others, and manifest himself in that 'host body' with a thought. That ability, however, has yet to be completely defined.

Supposedly he developed more powers from the NSF. Can't wait to see more of them.

SasuOna
RKT>>>>Odin by character statement but certainly not feats which would therefore mean Zoom would be a very bad match up considering everything that already lacks if he has to take on a Flash.

zeel
overall powerset RKT dominates without a doubt, however i dont think most skyfathers have delt with this type of speedster before. I dont see RKT loseing this though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.