Nimrod attempts to move up in weight class...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
How does Nimrod fair against these various Trans-Tier (and beyond) opponents one on one?

This is in no particular order btw...

1) Mangog
2) The Champion of the Universe
3) The Runner
4) Thanos
5) Amazo
6) Hunter/Prey Doomsday
7) Blackheart
8) Onslaught (not peak power, thus no Franklin Richards leeching)
9) The Collector
10) The Grandmaster

Who here could he get atleast 1 win out of 10 against?

Who could he stalemate?

Is there anyone here he could beat for a majority or even every single time?

Q99
Is the Champion even Trans? Well, I suppose when he has the Power Gem... anyway, Nimrod should be capable of defeating him if Nim fights smart.

Hm... I could maybe see him take Amazo occasionally. Due to Amazo not being the most creative, on rare occasions less-powerful beings can beat him.

TheLordofMurder
Champion is supposed to be Trans, but he jobs so much that I find it hard to accept as well sometimes; he is Trans according to the tierings here at KMC though...

And since CIS is a factor, I can definitely see Nimrod fighting smart (Nimrod fights logically actually) and the arrogant Champion being humiliated once again...

Harbinger
Only one of those I can see him getting 1/10 against is Champion. He's not beating anybody here for the majority for damn sure.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Harbinger
Only one of those I can see him getting 1/10 against is Champion. He's not beating anybody here for the majority for damn sure.

You dont think he has a chance against Mangog?

TheLordofMurder
Also, I think there is a real chance that Nimrod and HP Doomsday stalemate; Doomsday will constantly evolve against what Nimrod cooks up to use against him and Nimrod will reconstruct and adapt to whatever Doomsday comes up with...

I have no idea how long this would go on and who's ability to adapt/evolve would be pushed to its limits 1st, but I could see this going back and forth for an extended period of time...

Gecko4lif
Nimrod gets beat by all of them. Except maybe runner.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Nimrod gets beat by all of them. Except maybe runner.

You think the Champion beats Nimrod?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
You think the Champion beats Nimrod?
In a forum fight be probably could

In character not a chance in hell

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
In a forum fight be probably could

In character not a chance in hell

So did you originally mean to say that Nimrod beats all of them except for the Runner then?

I fail to see how Nimrod would lose to the Champion on a forum or a comic btw; The Champion can beat him down, but Nimrod will simply reconstruct and adapt to the hand to hand combat...and Nimrod can accomplish that in myriad ways.

What does The Champion do then?

Nimrod is going to then scan The Champion for weaknesses and come up with a solution for dealing with him; how does the Champion beat Nimrod?

Q99
The only reason The Champion has beaten powerhouses like Gladiator and Surfer in the past is when they fight him, they fight him entirely according to his rules- that is to say, HtH only, no range, no energy powers, no flying around, etc.. In short, they're fighting entirely to his strengths and not using most of theirs.

Personally I put him at herald level.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Q99
The only reason The Champion has beaten powerhouses like Gladiator and Surfer in the past is when they fight him, they fight him entirely according to his rules- that is to say, HtH only, no range, no energy powers, no flying around, etc.. In short, they're fighting entirely to his strengths and not using most of theirs.

Personally I put him at herald level.

I believe that as well; cant fathom how he was voted in as a Trans-Tier here on these forums...

Maybe he was voted in "just because" hes an Elder...

the Darkone
Nimrod can beat a bad written champion , but not a well written one. The Champion is the only one for a sure win everybody else smites his a$$ into atoms.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by the Darkone
Nimrod can beat a bad written champion , but not a well written one. The Champion is the only one for a sure win everybody else smites his a$$ into atoms.

How would a well written Champoin beat Nimrod?

Unless he is written with something much more exotic than MMA, Nimrod will reconstruct and adapt from any beating sustained...

Then its lights out after that...

How does HP Doomsday or Mangog put Nimrod down for the count for that matter?

Nimrod might be a Low Herald as pertains overall power level, but the exact nature of his powerset make him atleast a High Herald or Trans-Tier when it comes down to combat...

TheLordofMurder
Heck, how does Thanos put Nimrod down for the count?

Thanos can win via BFR, but beyond that!?

What can Thanos do to Nimrod that he cant reconstruct from and adapt to?

Mindset
Was it ever shown what kind of energy Nimrod runs on, and can it be drained?

leonidas
he dies in every battle. in some he his mangled beyond recognition...

Heck, how does Thanos put Nimrod down for the count?

Thanos can win via BFR, but beyond that!?

What can Thanos do to Nimrod that he cant reconstruct from and adapt to? presumably, blasting his atoms apart completely would do it

Mindset
what about just blasting his molecules apart?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by leonidas
he dies in every battle. in some he his mangled beyond recognition...

Again, what can some of these guys do to Nimrod that he cant reconstruct from?

Nimrod can reconstruct from being beaten into powder...after that beating he'll adapt and physically force wont be effective anymore.

What happens next? Unless there is some compelling argument to the contrary, some of these guys are in trouble once Nimrods adaptations kick in...

Sr J-Bieb
He might be able to beat Champion, but other than that he gets obliterated.

Except for Blackheart. He's the only person I haven't read about, and apparently no one of the forum has ever read of him either. So uh dunno.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by 753
presumably, blasting his atoms apart completely would do it

Yeah, Nimrod has to be destroyed down to the atomic level to be truly defeated...

But when has anyone on this list caused fussion reactions simply by blasting their opponents?

Especially fussion reactions from elements much more stable than uranium or plutonium?

Originally posted by Mindset
what about just blasting his molecules apart? should work. it's not really clear where nimrods memory of itself is stored or how it works. unless it's some extradimnsional crap, most types of desintegration and matter manipulation should do it

TheLordofMurder

To my knowledge, the energy type he utilizes have never been shown; its unknown if his energy supply could be drained or not as well...

Yeah, Nimrod has to be destroyed down to the atomic level to be truly defeated...

But when has anyone on this list caused fussion reactions simply by blasting their opponents?

Especially fussion reactions from elements much more stable than uranium or plutonium? it is a pretty rare feat indeed. the only character from the top of my mind I can remember that i can destroying a foe down to his subatomic particles and quarks was classic chamber. btw I'm thrilled he's back. yay legion!

leonidas
Again, what can some of these guys do to Nimrod that he cant reconstruct from?

Nimrod can reconstruct from being beaten into powder...after that beating he'll adapt and physically force wont be effective anymore.

What happens next? Unless there is some compelling argument to the contrary, some of these guys are in trouble once Nimrods adaptations kick in...

you're taking his powers too far. he wouldn't adapt beyond champ's ability to physically crush him imo. colossus broke his armor. champ would do...... a, LOT worse. i also assumed that once he was rendered into a 'powder' the fight would be over..... nothing to suggest he can battle characters at this level.

leonidas

yeah. the x-kids broke his armor and f'd up his energy source. again, if those kids could do that to him, what some of the people in this list could do would be criminal.....

TheLordofMurder
you're taking his powers too far. he wouldn't adapt beyond champ's ability to physically crush him imo. colossus broke his armor. champ would do...... a, LOT worse. i also assumed that once he was rendered into a 'powder' the fight would be over..... nothing to suggest he can battle characters at this level.

Why wouldnt he adapt to champs physical ability?

Colossus (or rather Rogue after acquiring the power of several Xmen if memory serves me correctly) broke his armor, but he immediately started to reconstruct; Nimrod has only been beaten by BFR...

And if Nimrod can reconstruct from powder why is the fight over? It wont take long for him to reconstruct and adapting to physical force is trivial...intagibility...flight...force fields...the possibilities are many.

Besides, physical force wont be enough to destroy Nimrod down to the atomic level no matter how hard these guys can hit...

So with that said, why cant he battle at these guys level? I mean once the adaptations kick in (and they will kick in) the brick types better have another trick up their sleave or its all over...

yeah. the x-kids broke his armor and f'd up his energy source. again, if those kids could do that to him, what some of the people in this list could do would be criminal..... Is that what they did? IIRC they just destroyed his temporal displacement unit and BFRed it into the timestream. it was spat out into the past in what I think should be his first chronological appearence.

TheLordofMurder
yeah. the x-kids broke his armor and f'd up his energy source. again, if those kids could do that to him, what some of the people in this list could do would be criminal.....

When was Nimrods energy source damaged? Scans?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by 753
Is taht what they did? IIRC they just destroyed his temporal displacement unit and BFRed it into the timestream. it is spit out into the past in what I think should be his first chronological appearence.

thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
Is that what they did? IIRC they just destroyed his temporal displacement unit and BFRed it into the timestream. it was spat out into the past in what I think should be his first chronological appearence.

hmm, that could be the case. not that it helps nimrod's case at all. again, if they can do that, these guys kill him handily.

as far as champ--champ isn't only physical force. (there are exactly ZERO 'bricks' in your list) far from it, actually if we use his early appearance. he possesses the power primordial and easily stopped thor's hammer and used energy to effortlessly overpower the most powerful heroes on earth.

you keep (not you 753) asking--what keeps him from taking on guys of this level? the same can be asked of you--what showings suggest he CAN do so? none that i'm aware of. mangog has battled ODIN and bitched thor multiple times. blackheart is also uber--and magical. seen in the place of such demons as mephisto and dormammu. thanos. really? nimrod is taking out THANOS? amazo has adapted to the worlogog and on panel his adaptation>>>>>>>>nimrod's. grandmaster has uber reality manip feats. dd on panel>>>>>>>>nimrod's adaptations. runner? no way he could even SEE runner. thanos' tech wouldn't let him follow runner, but a SENTINEL could??

collector is a bit of a chump, but still possesses the power primordial though not much offensive power displays. maybe nimrod could do something to him. maybe. and maybe onslaught, though again, i'd doubt it very highly. it would likely be his best chance given that all he was was x/mags combo at this level. onslaught isn't even close to most of these others though.

so, where's YOUR proof that he COULD hang with these guys, many of whom swat heralds like flies?

celestialdemon
The only one Nimrod has a shot at beating is the Collector, and that's even a stretch. All Elders of the Universe are powerful in their own right.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He might be able to beat Champion, but other than that he gets obliterated.

Except for Blackheart. He's the only person I haven't read about, and apparently no one of the forum has ever read of him either. So uh dunno.

I've read the issue (Dark Design) in which Blackheart gets anally raped by Bone Claw Wolverine, The Punisher and Danny Ketch Ghost Rider if it helps smile

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I've read the issue (Dark Design) in which Blackheart gets anally raped by Bone Claw Wolverine, The Punisher and Danny Ketch Ghost Rider if it helps smile wasnt hat some bullshit about them resisting his corruption atempts and symbolically defeating him? he flees after siccing horde of zombies onto them or some crap like that

celestialdemon
I've read the issue (Dark Design) in which Blackheart gets anally raped by Bone Claw Wolverine, The Punisher and Danny Ketch Ghost Rider if it helps smile

In Blackheart's defense, everyone got anally raped by Bone Claw Wolverine.

Hyperion Prime

I read that issue.....lol I think it comes with the marvel legends blackheart or Marvel legends ghost rider figure. There is no way those guys should be able to beat Blackheart. He is on par with Mephisto's level.

Sin I AM
has he ever beat a low herald?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Sin I AM
has he ever beat a low herald? One day someone will actually read all his issues. Until then, he's a mystery besides the "He could hold his own with Surfer for a bit", and the Bone Claw Wolverine thing (which I've heard before).

Sin I AM
One day someone will actually read all his issues. Until then, he's a mystery besides the "He could hold his own with Surfer for a bit", and the Bone Claw Wolverine thing (which I've heard before).

im talking about nimrod not blackheart...what r u on about?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Sin I AM
im talking about nimrod not blackheart...what r u on about? Where the conversation was going.

Sin I AM
you've lost me, i know he's battled Juggs and Mags, but as far as ive seen thats as far up the chain that he's went

leonidas
One day someone will actually read all his issues. Until then, he's a mystery besides the "He could hold his own with Surfer for a bit", and the Bone Claw Wolverine thing (which I've heard before).

he was initially supposed to be on par (or greater) than mephisto. mephisto depowered him and sent him to earth (he had a long run in spirits of vengeance) but he was seriously depowered so anything that happened in that arc is meaningless. he's only been in a couple isses at full power, but the one i read DID seem to have him on par with his daddy. you're right though--there isn't much to go on, but even assuming he's 'close' to his dad means he's WAY out of nimrod's league...

Deadline
How would a well written Champoin beat Nimrod?

Unless he is written with something much more exotic than MMA, Nimrod will reconstruct and adapt from any beating sustained...

Then its lights out after that...

How does HP Doomsday or Mangog put Nimrod down for the count for that matter?

Nimrod might be a Low Herald as pertains overall power level, but the exact nature of his powerset make him atleast a High Herald or Trans-Tier when it comes down to combat...

In his first apperance he showed teleportation and possibly force projection. Even without that he was just far too powerful.

Sr J-Bieb
he was initially supposed to be on par (or greater) than mephisto. mephisto depowered him and sent him to earth (he had a long run in spirits of vengeance) but he was seriously depowered so anything that happened in that arc is meaningless. he's only been in a couple isses at full power, but the one i read DID seem to have him on par with his daddy. you're right though--there isn't much to go on, but even assuming he's 'close' to his dad means he's WAY out of nimrod's league... Interesting. You've pushed me slightly closer to reading all his issues...

thumb up

leonidas
Interesting. You've pushed me slightly closer to reading all his issues...

thumb up

the SoV stuff really wasn't that great tbh. i think the best story i ever read with him was the daredevil issue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.