Rumble Fish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Just saw this film recently.Never wanted to see it because i dont like Matt Dillon.Dont think he is much of an actor.I saw it recently though because I saw that Nicholas Cage was in it as well.Another one of his earlier films where he had a full set of hair on him. big grin

Wish they hadnt made it in black and white though.Dont understand why they did that.Still a pretty good film.Just like The Outsiders though,the movie doesnt really do the book justice in like that film,they left out a couple important details they should have included.

Great supporting cast to make up for Matt Dillon for me though.
Includes Mickey Rourke as the motercycle boy,Diane Lane,Dennis Hopper and like I said,Nicholas Cage.

Rogue Jedi
GREAT flick.

Robtard
Indeed. Warriors would still kick their asses though.

Impediment
Damn. I haven't seen this since I was in 5th grade. Not a bad flick, though.

The Outsiders is better, in my opinion. Matt Dillon was great as Dally.

BruceSkywalker
it has been nearly 50 years since i have seen this.. laughing out loud but i did like it

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
Damn. I haven't seen this since I was in 5th grade. Not a bad flick, though.

The Outsiders is better, in my opinion. Matt Dillon was great as Dally.

Yeah I like The Outsiders better as well.Like I said,I dont get it why they did it in black and white.You and Bruce should both see both of these films again since its been so long since you have seen them.That was why I saw it again.Wanted to get my memory refreshed.

Utsukushii
God I had forgotten about that movie. Great movie. I need to rent that.

remanjot

Mr Parker
Originally posted by remanjot
Rumble Fish is 1983 movie. It is black and White colors. Matt Dillon, Mickey Rourke, Diane Lane celebrities are in the movie.

yeah but I already said that. big grin

ADarksideJedi
I will have to check it out.I like the book "The Outsiders" but not the movie.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I will have to check it out.I like the book "The Outsiders" but not the movie.
yeah same here.the movie doesnt do justice to the book.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah same here.the movie doesnt do justice to the book. This. BTW, Rumble Fish is shot entirely in black and white to simulate the Motorcycle Boy's color blindness.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
This. BTW, Rumble Fish is shot entirely in black and white to simulate the Motorcycle Boy's color blindness. Huh. That's interesting.

Rogue Jedi
Not really. Anyone who has read he book knows this. That's why, at the end, when Rusty James is staring at the police syren, the camera goes to color because the story is now being seen from his point of view, not the Motorcycle Boy.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Indeed. Warriors would still kick their asses though. Shut up. Rusty James would kick the shit outta Ajax.

NowYouRemember
They did Rumble Fish in black and white, because in the book there is a scene where Rusty James loses his ability to see color and everything turns back and white for just a moment.

So to contrast this, they made film in the black and white, so that during the particular scene where Rusty James goes colorblind - it's highlighted in a surreal way because you see color for a few moments, for the first time in the film.

It was used to symbolize that scene in the book.

Also the movie had a more upbeat ending which I liked.

Also liked Mickey Rourke as the Motorcycle boy, can't forget him! big grin

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NowYouRemember
They did Rumble Fish in black and white, because in the book there is a scene where Rusty James loses his ability to see color and everything turns back and white for just a moment.

So to contrast this, they made film in the black and white, so that during the particular scene where Rusty James goes colorblind - it's highlighted in a surreal way because you see color for a few moments, for the first time in the film.

It was used to symbolize that scene in the book.

Also the movie had a more upbeat ending which I liked.

Also liked Mickey Rourke as the Motorcycle boy, can't forget him! big grin No, the film is shot in black and white because the Motorcycle Boy was color blind and partially deaf due to motorcycle accidents. The fact that it appears Rusty James to be color blind is symbolism, because he wants to be so much like the Motorcycle Boy. He idolizes him.

When Rusty James "sees" in color at the end, it's because the Motorcycle Boy is dead.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
This. BTW, Rumble Fish is shot entirely in black and white to simulate the Motorcycle Boy's color blindness.

well they messed up.it would make sense if they did that in the scenes with the motorcycle boy in them but not ALL the scenes when he isnt even in them.also if thats the case,then how come the fish were in color for him? laughing

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mr Parker
well they messed up.it would make sense if they did that in the scenes with the motorcycle boy in them but not ALL the scenes when he isnt even in them.also if thats the case,then how come the fish were in color for him? laughing No, the film is shot in black and white because the Motorcycle Boy was color blind and partially deaf due to motorcycle accidents. The fact that it appears Rusty James to be color blind is symbolism, because he wants to be so much like the Motorcycle Boy. He idolizes him.

When Rusty James "sees" in color at the end, it's because the Motorcycle Boy is dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.