Naruto vs. The growing gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Naruto (gets 5 minutes to prepare)

vs.

1.) Sakura
2.) Neji
3.) Rock Lee
4.) Shikamaru
5.) Choji
6.) Guy
7.) Tsunade
8.) Kakashi
9.) Jiraiya
Rest 10 minutes
10.) Sasuke (Pre-EMS)

This gauntlet works on the principle that once the current fighter gets in serious trouble the next one jumps in.(i.e. once Sakura gets in trouble, Neji jumps in to save her). This is a continuous fight so Naruto gets no rest.HOWEVER an exception is made for the final fight where he gets 10 minutes to heal and prepare for Sasuke. Fight take place where the
Chunin exams were held. So does he make it through or is to much for him? And if so when does it gets to much for him?

RE: Blaxican
What are his restrictions? Can he go into sage mode? Super Sayin Sage mode? Can he turn Kyuubi? How many tails? etc.

TheAuraAngel
He'll stop dead cold at Guy unless he can go full Kyuubi. Then obviously stops at Sasuke.

BloodRain
Base Naruto clears around 3, sage 5, superkyubi anywhere from 6-8 given that it should be above sage mode.
1-4 tails clears 5, 5-6 tails clears 8 and 7-9 clears it all unless Jiraiya or Sasuke have a way to counter.

dadudemon
Naruto clears 1 and 2 without sage mode.

He clears, with ease, up through 5, with sage mode. With Guy, he just uses his Kyuubi Chakra to pwn 7 gates Guy, Kakashi, Tsunade, and Jiraiya.

He clears Sasuke without his Kyuubi chakra, but in Sage Mode, easily.

McNasty996
He can do whatever he wants. However keep in mind he is in character so he wont go tailed beats unless he feels like he is about to die. Also, you all do realize that unless he can one shot them he could end up fighting three to four people at one time.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
Base Naruto clears around 3, sage 5, superkyubi anywhere from 6-8 given that it should be above sage mode.
1-4 tails clears 5, 5-6 tails clears 8 and 7-9 clears it all unless Jiraiya or Sasuke have a way to counter.

Sasuke can just go into his head and forcefully supress the chakra. If Naruto's past 4 tails, I don't know if it'll be as easy as it was for Sasuke when he previously supressed the Kyuubi.

Anyway, I don't see Naruto having any trouble until Shikamaru jumps in, at which point, he'll at least need Sage Mode, if not Kyuubi chakra mode, to escape the Shadow Mimic (provided Shikamaru has the others to help him corner Naruto).

If he's in character, he won't be using Rasenshuriken or his SM Rasengan techs against his friends, except for Sasuke. If the other characters are in character, I don't see them using their big guns either, except for Sasuke again.
In which case, he'll make it to Jiraiya, who traps him inside the Toad's belly.awesome

Originally posted by McNasty996
Naruto (gets 5 minutes to prepare)

vs.

1.) Sakura
2.) Neji
3.) Rock Lee
4.) Shikamaru
5.) Choji
6.) Guy
7.) Tsunade
8.) Kakashi
9.) Jiraiya
Rest 10 minutes
10.) Sasuke (Pre-EMS)

This gauntlet works on the principle that once the current fighter gets in serious trouble the next one jumps in.(i.e. once Sakura gets in trouble, Neji jumps in to save her). This is a continuous fight so Naruto gets no rest.HOWEVER an exception is made for the final fight where he gets 10 minutes to heal and prepare for Sasuke. Fight take place where the
Chunin exams were held. So does he make it through or is to much for him? And if so when does it gets to much for him?

Do the other fighters get prep?

McNasty996
No they just jump in. But while some are fighting him other can prepare techniques asuming naruto doesn't intervene

TheAuraAngel
It really depends on the Naruto we're using. If we're using the Naruto that fought Pain, i.e the one who would unwillingly turn into Kyuubi at the sight of danger, he'll make it all the way to Sasuke.

If not and we're using this Naruto...

http://images.wikia.com/naruto/images/b/bc/Controlled_Form_Naruto.png

He will stop at Guy.

Also, quite the Naruto wankage going on here huh? Like Mother like son I suppose. Base Naruto, i.e nothing powering him up, does less to impress me than Sakura, who would honestly give base Naruto a hell of a fight. Actually more so what with that whole poison business.

Q99
It took a lot more than the sight of danger to make him transform.

The setup of the gauntlet also makes it tricky- it means he can't save Sage for when he needs it, but rather will have it for about the first five minutes whether he'd rather save it or not.

There hasn't been much Kushina wankage around here. A few people really underestimating her abilities, one or two overestimating them, but more the former than the latter.

He does have Rasengan and variants (Giant Rasengan), as well as having gotten reasonably good at taijutsu and more skilled with clones. Even base Naruto is a pretty good fighter.

marwash22
Stops @ 8.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Q99
The setup of the gauntlet also makes it tricky- it means he can't save Sage for when he needs it, but rather will have it for about the first five minutes whether he'd rather save it or not.

He has no real need for it against Sakura unless he wants to just demolish her. He'll need it for Neji and Lee though.

Originally posted by Q99
There hasn't been much Kushina wankage around here. A few people really underestimating her abilities, one or two overestimating them, but more the former than the latter.

Not now dear friend. I want to enjoy my summer break. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Q99
He does have Rasengan and variants (Giant Rasengan), as well as having gotten reasonably good at taijutsu and more skilled with clones. Even base Naruto is a pretty good fighter.

Rasengans on the whole are simply as strong as one of Sakura's punches but with the downside of needing to be prepared. The Giant is the obvious exception but it can be dodged. Indeed, he is a good fighter, but really not much when compared to the people on this list really until he flies by them with Sage Mode. He would likely beat Sakura if only because of increased stamina and healing ability but there isn't much I can think of that would help him beat Neji except for Sage/Fox Mode.

Q99
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
He has no real need for it against Sakura unless he wants to just demolish her. He'll need it for Neji and Lee though.

That's my point- he has to gather the sage chakra and sage mode up during the prep. He can't wait until after Sakura to gather it, if it's not active during Sakura, it won't be during Neji and Lee.

His best chance is try and rush through opponents as quickly as possible to deal with as many as he can before it runs out.

Don't forget using rasengans for tricks and directing a fight. Kick up a smoke cloud with a normal one. Throw a Giant Rasengan down and he can force Sakura to jump into a group of clones and probably get taken out. Etc..

With clones, he can 'take hits' so to speak too, in the sense his clones can, but she can't.

Demonic Phoenix
It really depends on the Naruto we're using. If we're using the Naruto that fought Pain, i.e the one who would unwillingly turn into Kyuubi at the sight of danger, he'll make it all the way to Sasuke.

If not and we're using this Naruto...

http://images.wikia.com/naruto/images/b/bc/Controlled_Form_Naruto.png

He will stop at Guy.

He stops at Chouji you mean. Sage Mode & Kyuubi chakra mode will not help him against the Falcon Punch. awesome
Neither will turning into the Kyuubi help him against Sasuke, who would just b****-slap it back into its cage. vin

~ If Ino were in the gauntlet and she survived until Chouji & Shikamaru arrived, Naruto would lose. I say that with a straight face.

Originally posted by Q99
It took a lot more than the sight of danger to make him transform.

I'll point out that he can create clones to gather Natural Energy, send far away from the arena, and then take their energy when he needs it. Also, he needs a lot less time to enter Sage Mode now.

Rasengans on the whole are simply as strong as one of Sakura's punches but with the downside of needing to be prepared. The Giant is the obvious exception but it can be dodged. Indeed, he is a good fighter, but really not much when compared to the people on this list really until he flies by them with Sage Mode. He would likely beat Sakura if only because of increased stamina and healing ability but there isn't much I can think of that would help him beat Neji except for Sage/Fox Mode.

There's always deception, Boss Toad Summons, and just flat out gangbanging them with clones.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Q99
That's my point- he has to gather the sage chakra and sage mode up during the prep. He can't wait until after Sakura to gather it, if it's not active during Sakura, it won't be during Neji and Lee.

His best chance is try and rush through opponents as quickly as possible to deal with as many as he can before it runs out.

Or send clones off to Toad Mountain to do what they do best so he can have Sage Mode for later.

Depends on how he uses it I suppose.

Originally posted by Q99
Don't forget using rasengans for tricks and directing a fight. Kick up a smoke cloud with a normal one. Throw a Giant Rasengan down and he can force Sakura to jump into a group of clones and probably get taken out. Etc..

With clones, he can 'take hits' so to speak too, in the sense his clones can, but she can't.

Sakura is not a stranger to his tricks though. Nor is she above using her own tricks.

True but then again there comes up the problem of hitting her. And the whole healing thing that she can do. Not to mention poison. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
He stops at Chouji you mean. Sage Mode & Kyuubi chakra mode will not help him against the Falcon Punch. awesome
Neither will turning into the Kyuubi help him against Sasuke, who would just b****-slap it back into its cage. vin

~ If Ino were in the gauntlet and she survived until Chouji & Shikamaru arrived, Naruto would lose. I say that with a straight face.

I'll point out that he can create clones to gather Natural Energy, send far away from the arena, and then take their energy when he needs it. Also, he needs a lot less time to enter Sage Mode now.

There's always deception, Boss Toad Summons, and just flat out gangbanging them with clones.

Honestly did not see Choji lol. But yes he stops there. And no matter what, he will not defeat Sasuke in this thread. Mostly because in one scenario I don't even think he'd make it to Sasuke.

Snipping me...>_>

Naruto never uses Toads.

McNasty996
Didn't Naruto enter sage mode and fox mode instantly when he was about to run against Iruka and his gang?

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/535/15

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/535/4

As shown in the links. Sorry if they do not work I have never posted links before. Please copy and paste.

Q99
Or send clones off to Toad Mountain to do what they do best so he can have Sage Mode for later.

Depends on how he uses it I suppose.

I don't think he can do that in 5 minutes.

Even with that, they can be hard to avoid. And he just keeps using them until one does.

Hm, yea, I forgot about her chem warfare... that'll be pretty good against clones and make Naruto have to be more cautious. One knick from her poison kunai and even if he beats her, his route of progress shortens fast.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Q99

Why not? :O

Originally posted by Q99
Even with that, they can be hard to avoid. And he just keeps using them until one does.

Hard but not impossible. Sakura was trained to dodge attacks like Tsunades after all. Or body replacement for simplicity.

Originally posted by Q99
Hm, yea, I forgot about her chem warfare... that'll be pretty good against clones and make Naruto have to be more cautious. One knick from her poison kunai and even if he beats her, his route of progress shortens fast.

Indeed. Conversely, if Naruto could get a hold of said kunai and this thread becomes really easy up until Choji or arguably Lee.

RE: Blaxican
Sakura isn't dodging shit of his. He'll be moving so fast he'll just be a blur to her.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Sakura isn't dodging shit of his. He'll be moving so fast he'll just be a blur to her.

In Sage Mode or Fox Mode, yeah.

Otherwise not really. He is only slightly faster than her.

Demonic Phoenix
Honestly did not see Choji lol. But yes he stops there. And no matter what, he will not defeat Sasuke in this thread. Mostly because in one scenario I don't even think he'd make it to Sasuke.

Snipping me...>_>

Naruto never uses Toads.

Even if he does, there's always Kirin which will one-shot everyone else in the field. awesome

Great minds think alike?

I point you to the battle with Gaara, and Pain.

Originally posted by Q99

He doesn't have to send them to Mount Myoboku. Doing so would mean that he would have to take the extra time to summon them.
Merely creating two-three clones and sending them outside the arena where the others cannot follow, will be enough. It means that until he needs Sage Mode, he can use clones, and when he gets pressed, he can send clones, have them gather NE, stall for time, and then release the jutsu.
If BFR is in play, it still wouldn't work against Naruto since he is only sending clones.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Only if he's in Sage/Kyuubi mode. Base Naruto doesn't even have Lee level speed.

dadudemon

You mean a gay face. 313

People who think he stops at Gai need to remember that Gai dared not interfere with the Naruto-Pain fight because it would be too much. Naruto in Sage Mode, alone, is stronger than all except a very short list of characters.

And this Chouji love going on? I read something about Kushina wankery...

TheAuraAngel
Even if he does, there's always Kirin which will one-shot everyone else in the field. awesome

Great minds think alike?

I point you to the battle with Gaara, and Pain.

Indeed. Or use Tsukuyomi on all of them to make them take part in a giant steamy game of tag.

I gots to snipe you so even I suppose.

Both involved fighting opponents bigger than a house. And the latter he didn't intentionally summon them, they just came along for the ride.

Yes, they came.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by dadudemon
You mean a gay face. 313

People who think he stops at Gai need to remember that Gai dared not interfere with the Naruto-Pain fight because it would be too much. Naruto in Sage Mode, alone, is stronger than all except a very short list of characters.

And this Chouji love going on? I read something about Kushina wankery...

Hmm, will admit I walked right into that one. mmm Figures you would say something like that. stick out tongue

Deva Path could trade blows with Sage Mode Naruto though, and it's not like Naruto will be dealing Tsunade-strength or perhaps even Sakura-strength blows while in Sage Mode. While Gai in Base mode would be swept aside, 7 Gates Gai is IMO > Sage Mode Naruto in raw physical stats. Naruto would be KO'd, if not killed, by Afternoon Tiger.

Every character gets wanked. But doesn't change the fact that Falcon Punch > Naruto, Kushina & the Kyuubi awesome

Indeed. Or use Tsukuyomi on all of them to make them take part in a giant steamy game of tag.

I gots to snipe you so even I suppose.

Both involved fighting opponents bigger than a house. And the latter he didn't intentionally summon them, they just came along for the ride.

Yes, they came.

Naww, he can just use a regular ol' genjutsu for that. Tsukiyomi is for when he wants them to believe that they no longer want to bed him.

In other words, great minds think alike no? 131

Bah fine, with CIS on Naruto wouldn't summon them. Just wait until a Naruto thread with CIS off comes along though. stick out tongue

TheAuraAngel
Naww, he can just use a regular ol' genjutsu for that. Tsukiyomi is for when he wants them to believe that they no longer want to bed him.

In other words, great minds think alike no? 131

Bah fine, with CIS on Naruto wouldn't summon them. Just wait until a Naruto thread with CIS off comes along though. stick out tongue

Sakura and Naruto are among the group. vin

I do not compliment myself good sir!

But yes. >_>

It will take more than removing CIS to cause Naruto to fight intelligently. awesome

Edit: Also, I'm having trouble finding Guy saying he wasn't going to interfere with the fight because it would be too much. In fact, he seemed very ready to go help but was stopped by the slug thing.

Demonic Phoenix
Sakura and Naruto are among the group. vin

I do not compliment myself good sir!

But yes. >_>

It will take more than removing CIS to cause Naruto to fight intelligently. awesome

Hmm, guess Tsukiyomi will be needed, but not for the steamy game of tag. 313

Ridiculous!

True that. Besides, Chouji would have just punched the Toads to the moon. awesome

As for your EDIT, all I know is that it was Shikaku who was hesitant to leap into the battle between Naruto & Nagato.

TheAuraAngel
Hmm, guess Tsukiyomi will be needed, but not for the steamy game of tag. 313

Ridiculous!

True that. Besides, Chouji would have just punched the Toads to the moon. awesome

As for your EDIT, all I know is that it was Shikaku who was hesitant to leap into the battle between Naruto & Nagato.

Sasuke is one to overshoot things good sir. awesome

But true.

Indeed. Choji for Hokage!

Q99

He doesn't have to send them to Mount Myoboku. Doing so would mean that he would have to take the extra time to summon them.
Merely creating two-three clones and sending them outside the arena where the others cannot follow, will be enough. It means that until he needs Sage Mode, he can use clones, and when he gets pressed, he can send clones, have them gather NE, stall for time, and then release the jutsu.
If BFR is in play, it still wouldn't work against Naruto since he is only sending clones.

True, I didn't think of making them on the spot.

However, if he does he's limited to a mere two battle clones at a time when they're charging or the collecting clones get disrupted, and they're vulnerable to being found and destroyed.

So it comes at the price of a handicap. Sans more than two clones, Sakura becomes a whole lot harder (the primary ways I was thinking of defeating her generally would involve several clones- a bunch can be hard to dodge, two is... not so hard), and I think Neji's right out.

I suppose he could have them hiding and drop his number of battle clones when it's time for them to start collecting... but honestly I think he's better off just starting out Saged and blowing through opponents as quickly as possible until he runs out.

dadudemon
Edit: Also, I'm having trouble finding Guy saying he wasn't going to interfere with the fight because it would be too much. In fact, he seemed very ready to go help but was stopped by the slug thing.

Did I ever say that Guy said he wasn't going to interfere with the fight?

smile

No, I believe the words I used were "Guy dared not to." To clarify, Guy dared not to once he as told he would get in the way. After he got a nice warm cup of reality from sluggy, he dared not interfere. smile

TheAuraAngel
"Dared not to" and "Deciding not to" are two different things young chap. The former indicates fear or hesitation while the latter is merely a decision.

Guy has no way of knowing about Naruto's Sage Mode or at least I can't think of a way for him to have found out. Guy also has now way of knowing the extent of Pains power but in this regard I can certainly see Guy hesitating to interfere because of what Pain had plainly done.

The discussion about backing him up was dropped after the slug thing revealed that Naruto, who had been fighting Pain for a while and knew how to beat him, had a plan. "Getting in his way" does not necessarily mean that Guy would hamper Naruto's fighting with his presence but rather add a variable to his plan at the last minute.

So no, I do not agree with "Dared not" but rather "Decided not". Besides, it's not like Guy could even find Naruto without the slug things info which it was not going to give. So one could actually argue "Could not."

dadudemon
"Dared not to" and "Deciding not to" are two different things young chap.

And this is exactly why he dared not to after he got a dose of reality. It wasn't a casual, "Meh. Nevermind. I'll stay behind and do pushups." It was a verbal smack down, "Don't go because you'll just get in the way."

Glad you cleared up that you a Guy fanboy, though.

And you didn't want to type "chap", did you? Ahhhh, the new insult tool: use words of affection that 'seem' legit.

The former indicates fear or hesitation while the latter is merely a decision.

And, clearly, Guy was out of his league and was put in his place. Let's go with, "Guy feared to interfere after hearing sluggy's words."

Let's be more direct and clear, "Guy dared not go after hearing sluggy's words."

It's actuall a bit funny that you're getting hung up on just one word when the outcome was the same: Guy was put in his place.

Play word games all you like, there's not getting around the fact that he was given a verbal smack down on his usual Gung-Ho "fight everything" attitude.

In other words, there's no reason to slobbering all over Guy when Naruto gets to him in this gauntlet.

Guy has no way of knowing about Naruto's Sage Mode or at least I can't think of a way for him to have found out. Guy also has now way of knowing the extent of Pains power but in this regard I can certainly see Guy hesitating to interfere because of what Pain had plainly done.

I disagree on some of that.

Guy didn't know about Naruto's Sage Mode, at the time OR his taijutsu amp from training. This would lead him to step in and help a good friend of their entire team (Think about it, Naruto is a good friend to Neji, Guy, and especially Lee.) He didn't have any data on Pain, just that there's lots of destruction and his home and friends were virtually destroyed.

He would rather fight to the death (because that's his character) than sit around and do nothing. Anyone can clearly see that he would run off to do his best again Pain. HOWEVER, he would just get in the way of Naruto, as we were clearly told. Naruto would have to worry about protecting Guy and Lee in addition to trying to defeat Pain which is why he was given a nice warm cup of STFU.

I guess we do not disagree on this point, entirely. Guy clearly was in over his head against Pain as was anyone else in the village who fought him.

The discussion about backing him up was dropped after the slug thing revealed that Naruto, who had been fighting Pain for a while and knew how to beat him, had a plan. "Getting in his way" does not necessarily mean that Guy would hamper Naruto's fighting with his presence but rather add a variable to his plan at the last minute.

Incorrect. The real reason is this:

"He would rather fight to the death (because that's his character) than sit around and do nothing. Anyone can clearly see that he would run off to do his best again Pain. HOWEVER, he would just get in the way of Naruto, as we were clearly told. Naruto would have to worry about protecting Guy and Lee in addition to trying to defeat Pain which is why he was given a nice warm cup of STFU."

It's a bit retarded to for Guy to think he even stood a slight chance and the reader is supposed to clearly pick up on that. Guy was just staying in his character by wanting to fight an opponent that clearly outclassed him. Again, he would rather die than sit around and do nothing...especially if someone was already at the cutting block.

So no, I do not agree with "Dared not" but rather "Decided not". Besides, it's not like Guy could even find Naruto without the slug things info which it was not going to give. So one could actually argue "Could not."

I like my version better as it stays in character while not showing a bias towards Guy.

TheAuraAngel
Glad you cleared up that you a Guy fanboy, though.

And you didn't want to type "chap", did you? Ahhhh, the new insult tool: use words of affection that 'seem' legit.

Since when? o.e

Anything I say seems like a troll to you. So I figure I'll just let you be.

It's actuall a bit funny that you're getting hung up on just one word when the outcome was the same: Guy was put in his place.

Guy may have been out of his league with Pain but Naruto, no. There is nothing to suggest that 7 Gates Guy is weaker than normal Sage Natruto and I'd really like to hear the argument for it honestly. Actually, I'll go make a thread for it now.

Play word games all you like, there's not getting around the fact that he was given a verbal smack down on his usual Gung-Ho "fight everything" attitude.

In other words, there's no reason to slobbering all over Guy when Naruto gets to him in this gauntlet.

Food for thought: Does the Slug know about Gates Guy? Does the Slug realize that if Naruto had failed, she'd have been begging Guy to go save him, which given Pain's chakra state at the time, Guy and Lee stood a chance of doing so?

Slobbering over Guy? lol if he even gets to Guy which since Choji is there he may not. And if he did, I honestly don't see him standing up to Afternoon Tiger.

He would rather fight to the death (because that's his character) than sit around and do nothing. Anyone can clearly see that he would run off to do his best again Pain. HOWEVER, he would just get in the way of Naruto, as we were clearly told. Naruto would have to worry about protecting Guy and Lee in addition to trying to defeat Pain which is why he was given a nice warm cup of STFU.

Differentiate this for me: Does getting in the way of Naruto include getting in the way of his plan that he was implementing at that exact moment? Keep in mind, had that plan not gone exactly as Naruto wanted, and it might not had Guy intervened, Pain would have won. And at that time, Naruto would want Guy and Lee to intervene I suppose, so the real point to make I guess is that the slug thing is a complete idiot.

Incorrect. The real reason is this:

*snippet*

It's a bit retarded to for Guy to think he even stood a slight chance and the reader is supposed to clearly pick up on that. Guy was just staying in his character by wanting to fight an opponent that clearly outclassed him. Again, he would rather die than sit around and do nothing...especially if someone was already at the cutting block.

I like my version better as it stays in character while not showing a bias towards Guy.

Why is it retarded for the reader to think this again? At this point of the manga, the readers would only know of Guy's power up to 6 Gates, which in my honest opinion could help Guy compete with Pain, though Pain would probably still win. And I could also make the argument that Guy realized Naruto had a plan and that if sluggy was putting faith in him, so should he.

And my argument makes him go out of character?

Demonic Phoenix
Sasuke is one to overshoot things good sir. awesome

But true.

Indeed. Choji for Hokage!

Only against high-level ninja 313

Hokage's SMALL-TIEM. Chouji should be leader of the Shinobi Alliance. Falcon Punch > Raikage.

TheAuraAngel
Only against high-level ninja 313

Hokage's SMALL-TIEM. Chouji should be leader of the Shinobi Alliance. Falcon Punch > Raikage.

No one on the list is high class enough for you?

Chouji vs Raikage? vin

Demonic Phoenix
No one on the list is high class enough for you?

Chouji vs Raikage? vin

Chouji, Kakashi & Jiraiya are the only high-class ninja, but even they come off as Average-class against an Uchiha, so no. vin

Not even a fight for Butterfly Chouji. excellent

TheAuraAngel
Chouji, Kakashi & Jiraiya are the only high-class ninja, but even they come off as Average-class against an Uchiha, so no. vin

Not even a fight for Butterfly Chouji. excellent

Tsunade? Guy? Shika?

In this, we agree.

I don't wanna wake up to a big comment to reply to. sad

Demonic Phoenix
Tsunade? Guy? Shika?

In this, we agree.

I don't wanna wake up to a big comment to reply to. sad

They are not on Jiraiya's, Kakashi's & Chouji's level. Jiraiya is > Tsunade, Chouji is Chouji, and Kakashi has the Sharingan which makes him > Gai vin

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
True, I didn't think of making them on the spot.

However, if he does he's limited to a mere two battle clones at a time when they're charging or the collecting clones get disrupted, and they're vulnerable to being found and destroyed.

So it comes at the price of a handicap. Sans more than two clones, Sakura becomes a whole lot harder (the primary ways I was thinking of defeating her generally would involve several clones- a bunch can be hard to dodge, two is... not so hard), and I think Neji's right out.

I suppose he could have them hiding and drop his number of battle clones when it's time for them to start collecting... but honestly I think he's better off just starting out Saged and blowing through opponents as quickly as possible until he runs out.

Yes, they are vulnerable, but sending them out of the arena makes them a whole lot harder to find, unless Neji is the one who tries to find the clones. Them actively trying to find the clones also hinges on the assumption that they know what he's going to do when he sends clones out, which shouldn't happen until Naruto uses at least one or two to enter Sage Mode.

If CIS were off, and Naruto tried to play it smart, he could even summon a Boss Toad to guard each clone, but that's just wishful thinking ony my part.

He definitely should start off in Sage Mode to blow through his opposition as fast as he can, and then send out a couple of clones to gather NE when he feels he's running low. Plus I doubt he'd use Rasenshuriken on any of his friends, so his Sage Mode should last a lot longer. Right now, Naruto is much faster at collecting enough Natural Energy to enter Sage Mode, so each clone shouldn't have to collect NE for very long.

TheAuraAngel
They are not on Jiraiya's, Kakashi's & Chouji's level. Jiraiya is > Tsunade, Chouji is Chouji, and Kakashi has the Sharingan which makes him > Gai vin

Nothing to say about Shikamaru huh? Madara himself compliments him. stick out tongue

Tsunade and Guy are still ranked in high class so ha!

Demonic Phoenix
Nothing to say about Shikamaru huh? Madara himself compliments him. stick out tongue

Tsunade and Guy are still ranked in high class so ha!

Well, I kind of implied that Chouji is > Shikamaru. stick out tongue

But they still come off as low-average when compared to an Uchiha, so ha!

TheAuraAngel
Well, I kind of implied that Chouji is > Shikamaru. stick out tongue

But they still come off as low-average when compared to an Uchiha, so ha!

Be that as it may, Shikamaru is still getting compliments from an Uchiha. And if Choji is better than him, he would also get said compliment.

All shinobi do. That doesn't make them not high ranking.

wakkawakkawakka
Uchiha's are still masochists!!!

Uhhhh.......I actually would give this to Naruto, if this is pre-mastery Naruto where his fox cloaks are actually destuctive.(I'll explain if needed)

TheAuraAngel
He would get farther in that sense though he might go full fox right before Sasuke.

Who will kill Naruto if he is in Kyuubi form. His Mangekyou gives him control over the Kyuubi. Naruto would be sol when he got to Sasuke....If he gets that far.

wakkawakkawakka
That's what I meant by explaining my viewpoint out. If Naruto can pull out the cloaks, then he could escentially clear it up until Sasuke.

If Sasuke ends up caging the kyuubi, then Naruto can use.....I don't have any sugesstion for getting around Sussano to be honest.

Demonic Phoenix
Be that as it may, Shikamaru is still getting compliments from an Uchiha. And if Choji is better than him, he would also get said compliment.

All shinobi do. That doesn't make them not high ranking.

Wait till Chouji punches the Jubi back into Outer Space.

Well, we were originally discussing hether or not Sasuke would overshoot things, and seeing as they all come off as average against him...

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
That's what I meant by explaining my viewpoint out. If Naruto can pull out the cloaks, then he could escentially clear it up until Sasuke.

If Sasuke ends up caging the kyuubi, then Naruto can use.....I don't have any sugesstion for getting around Sussano to be honest.

Naruto would probably be too hurt to continue if he slips into a 4 tailed transformation & onwards, and Sasuke manages to suppress the Kyuubi's chakra. He was hurt badly after the fight against Orochimaru.
Also Rasenshuriken could probably get through the Susan'o that Danzou got through. Of course Danzou had to hit it from behind, avoiding its shield completely.

menokokoro
I'm not sure how this would pan out...but I do know that I want to see this happen!

menokokoro
Naw, I think naruto wins. If only barely by the end. he has prep time, and naruto is almost as good at strategies as shikamaru. he is faster than all of them (when in the kyuubi chakra mode), stronger than all of them, has WAY too much power for the shadow techs to hold him, I doubt naruto would let sasuke block his chakra again, and I think he has enough mental strength to combat the "illusions" if not, he certainly has enough chakra to overpower them.

Really the only thing that would hinder his win, would be the fact that he would be facing so many (the first 5 get one shotted if naruto is serious) but with both kyuubi mode and sage mode, he can sense their life force/chakra so he can keep track of them

So it goes like this

1.) Sakura dead
2.) Neji dead
3.) Rock Lee dead
4.) Shikamaru dead
5.) Choji dead
6.) Guy loses, but alive
7.) Tsunade dead (kills guy in process)
8.) Kakashi loses, but alive (kills guy in process)
9.) Jiraiya loses but alive (kills kakashi in process)
10.) Sasuke dies then Jiraiya dies

TheAuraAngel
Since I know which Naruto is being used now...

Using Kyuubi mode is tempting. He can fly through most of the beginning fighters with relative ease, except maybe Neji and Lee. However, he would likely stop at Choji, who would not be so easily one shotted. Remember, Naruto doesn't exactly have full mastery over the speed of this new form(from what I've seen anyway) and could very well injure himself along with his opponents. Also the longer he stays in it, the more perilous it would be to him. If he gets past Choji, and there is a fair chance he will, Guy will end him. So Kyuubi Mode is worthless. It doesn't capitalize on the prep time and leaves him without the ability to use clones. So he'll need that as a trump card.

So that leaves him with Sage Mode. I like the idea of sending clones off to gather chakra while speed blitzing as far as he can with initial Sage Mode....but Neji will literally see through this. The area is smallish and with the ability to see all of the arena, he could find the clones and destroy them. His kaiten can protect him until then. Naruto would have to be clever to get passed Neji. RS would do it but that would be suicide.

Which takes him to Lee and Shikamaru, who will wear down what little Sage Mode time Naruto has left. If he makes it through, Choji can stop him. If at this time he goes into Kyuubi Mode, he might get past him. But it will not get him through Morning Peacock/Afternoon Tiger.

So he probably loses. Yay I guess.

wakkawakkawakka
Wait till Chouji punches the Jubi back into Outer Space.

Well, we were originally discussing hether or not Sasuke would overshoot things, and seeing as they all come off as average against him...

Naruto would probably be too hurt to continue if he slips into a 4 tailed transformation & onwards, and Sasuke manages to suppress the Kyuubi's chakra. He was hurt badly after the fight against Orochimaru.
Also Rasenshuriken could probably get through the Susan'o that Danzou got through. Of course Danzou had to hit it from behind, avoiding its shield completely.

Sasuke could just disintergrate the damn RS with Amateratsu and you know it. Plus Sasuke can still follow the movements of others as seen in his fight with Bee.
BTW was there something special Minato did aside from repairing the seal that prevented Naruto from looking like a torn up slab of meat after his transformation in the Pein fight?

TheAuraAngel: Soo......we can't used tailed Naruto? That sucks man!

Your giving Naruto too much credit in his new Kyuubi form, he's not getting past Choji big grin

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Sasuke could just disintergrate the damn RS with Amateratsu and you know it. Plus Sasuke can still follow the movements of others as seen in his fight with Bee.
BTW was there something special Minato did aside from repairing the seal that prevented Naruto from looking like a torn up slab of meat after his transformation in the Pein fight?

Meh, I dunno how RS would interact with Amaterasu. But I am inclined to believe that Amaterasu would trump it awesome
RS by itself is avoidable, but Naruto has tricks up his sleeve which increase the chances of RS hitting.

Dunno, I'm guessing either Naruto wasn't in that Kyuubi mode for too long like he was against Orochimaru, or Minato did indeed do something special. Hard to say really.
After all, Killerbee seems fine after entering what seems to be the same mode, and he can control the Hachibi's chakra. Conversely he hasn't been in that form for more than a minute.

Demonic Phoenix
Since I know which Naruto is being used now...

Using Kyuubi mode is tempting. He can fly through most of the beginning fighters with relative ease, except maybe Neji and Lee. However, he would likely stop at Choji, who would not be so easily one shotted. Remember, Naruto doesn't exactly have full mastery over the speed of this new form(from what I've seen anyway) and could very well injure himself along with his opponents. Also the longer he stays in it, the more perilous it would be to him. If he gets past Choji, and there is a fair chance he will, Guy will end him. So Kyuubi Mode is worthless. It doesn't capitalize on the prep time and leaves him without the ability to use clones. So he'll need that as a trump card.

So that leaves him with Sage Mode. I like the idea of sending clones off to gather chakra while speed blitzing as far as he can with initial Sage Mode....but Neji will literally see through this. The area is smallish and with the ability to see all of the arena, he could find the clones and destroy them. His kaiten can protect him until then. Naruto would have to be clever to get passed Neji. RS would do it but that would be suicide.

Which takes him to Lee and Shikamaru, who will wear down what little Sage Mode time Naruto has left. If he makes it through, Choji can stop him. If at this time he goes into Kyuubi Mode, he might get past him. But it will not get him through Morning Peacock/Afternoon Tiger.

So he probably loses. Yay I guess.

The only thing I have an issue with is Neji somehow knowing before-hand what Naruto intends to do with his clones. Even if he is a genius, he won't know realize what Naruto's intentions are for each clone he sends out, until he uses one to enter Sage Mode.
He also may also have the option of sending the Clones outside the arena, in which case (if he's clever enough to think of it), he could send 10+ clones out, disperse all but 2 once they are safe, and then have them collect NE.

Plus there's always summoning a Boss Toad to guard each clone. peaches

Otherwise, thumb up
You also never got into teamwork. Most of Naruto's opponents work well with each other.
Shikamaru for one could likely come up with a plan to put Naruto down based on which members are left standing when he enters the fray, and the others will be bound to listen, as they know of his prowess in strategy.

TheAuraAngel
The only thing I have an issue with is Neji somehow knowing before-hand what Naruto intends to do with his clones. Even if he is a genius, he won't know realize what Naruto's intentions are for each clone he sends out, until he uses one to enter Sage Mode.
He also may also have the option of sending the Clones outside the arena, in which case (if he's clever enough to think of it), he could send 10+ clones out, disperse all but 2 once they are safe, and then have them collect NE.

Plus there's always summoning a Boss Toad to guard each clone. peaches

Otherwise, thumb up
You also never got into teamwork. Most of Naruto's opponents work well with each other.
Shikamaru for one could likely come up with a plan to put Naruto down based on which members are left standing when he enters the fray, and the others will be bound to listen, as they know of his prowess in strategy.

Well I assume Neji would see them gathering chakra and think something was up and then killing them just to be safe. And I don't think sending them out of the arena counts!!!! Not that it matters, Neji would still likely be able to spot them. stick out tongue

I actually considered the Toads but didn't talk about them. Mostly because they'll fall to Shikamaru or Choji. awesome

I was more or less talking in the traditional gauntlet method. If Naruto hits them all with a rasengan, they're likely to stay down, so team work won't come into play all that much in that case. But that is assuming Naruto rasengans everybody, which he might not. stick out tongue

Also, he will not one shot Tsunade. Who will defeat him if by some miracle he gets past Choji and Guy. smile

Demonic Phoenix
Well I assume Neji would see them gathering chakra and think something was up and then killing them just to be safe. And I don't think sending them out of the arena counts!!!! Not that it matters, Neji would still likely be able to spot them. stick out tongue

I actually considered the Toads but didn't talk about them. Mostly because they'll fall to Shikamaru or Choji. awesome

I was more or less talking in the traditional gauntlet method. If Naruto hits them all with a rasengan, they're likely to stay down, so team work won't come into play all that much in that case. But that is assuming Naruto rasengans everybody, which he might not. stick out tongue

Also, he will not one shot Tsunade. Who will defeat him if by some miracle he gets past Choji and Guy. smile

Ahh, but they don't gather chakra. stick out tongue
At best, Neji will follow one of the clones thinking that it is Naruto trying to hide.
Also, if he sends them out of the arena, that's a greater distance that Neji has to travel if he wants to take out the clones.

Shikamaru? Nahh. Chouji? Well, I've made my thoughts on that clear before. excellent

Eh, it isn't a traditional gauntlet, and the next person comes in when the previous person is in trouble, not KO'd. Also, yeah, most would be put down if they got hit by the Rasengan, but that doesn't mean they'll get hit by it. And there's always Sakura or Tsunade attempting to heal them, assuming the fighters once KO'd aren't removed from the field.

dadudemon
And I don't think sending them out of the arena counts!!!!

It's not ring out because Naruto is still in the ring. smile

And, technically, if any follow the clones, they ring out. Insta-win? laughing

Demonic Phoenix
It's not ring out because Naruto is still in the ring. smile

And, technically, if any follow the clones, they ring out. Insta-win? laughing

Exactly why I suggested this strategy. vin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.