Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach
http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed?sk=app_150031305061905

The actual reveal will come in the new Game Informer, so we should know more in about a week.

That almost looks like an older Ezio on the cover, with Altair...maybe it's connected to Lost Legacy?

(and I didn't use the AC3 thread because this isn't necessarily AC3 stick out tongue)

Edit: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/05/assassins-creed-revelations-revealed-launches-on-pc-in-november/

So it is Ezio, it's not AC3, and Altair is playable at a point in it, apparently.

Sweeeeeet.

MooCowofJustice
Yay for Altair.

BloodRawEngine
It's getting awkward seeing an older-than-ever Ezio now. Since that second source called this the "Ezio trilogy", I'm guessing that this game is to be the real resolution of his story. I've heard alot of crazy rumors regarding Altair and Ezio in regards to their actual fates, though. With the way they're bringing them out now (more Ezio than Altair granted, but I like Ezio better anway), I think I'm gonna have a hard time adjusting by AC3 if they actually decide to introduce a whole new ancestor or something.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
It's getting awkward seeing an older-than-ever Ezio now. Since that second source called this the "Ezio trilogy", I'm guessing that this game is to be the real resolution of his story. I've heard alot of crazy rumors regarding Altair and Ezio in regards to their actual fates, though. With the way they're bringing them out now (more Ezio than Altair granted, but I like Ezio better anway), I think I'm gonna have a hard time adjusting by AC3 if they actually decide to introduce a whole new ancestor or something.
Well, the corner of the magazine cover says it's "Ezio's Final Chapter"... which I guess means he'll finally be having a kid.

Peach
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Well, the corner of the magazine cover says it's "Ezio's Final Chapter"... which I guess means he'll finally be having a kid.

Or at least, one that the genetic memory passes on to.

Who knows how many little Ezios are running around Florence, Venice, and Rome stick out tongue

batdude123
I came.

Morridini
Nice, now my biggest question is: where? What cities will we be able to gawk at and explore?

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Morridini
Nice, now my biggest question is: where? What cities will we be able to gawk at and explore?
Constantinople, right around the peak of the Ottoman Empire.

Morridini
Huh, was that stated in any of the links provided? Didn't really see any references to it. But it definitley sounds cool, I have very little knowledge of Istanbul from before, so would be great to learn more.

General Kaliero
Peach's second link mentions Constantinople. And the screenshot has the rather famous Hagia Sophia in the background.

srankmissingnin
I wasn't feeling Brotherhood by the end of it, I think I'll rent this one before I decide to shell out 60 bucks at retail. I wish they would move on to a new time period already, I'm bored of the Ezio story.

ares834
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I wish they would move on to a new time period already, I'm bored of the Ezio story.

I agree. Ezio is cool and all, but it's time to move forward.

batdude123
Ezio>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Altair

Mist_haermm
Seems like they're milking the franchise a little bit...

Utrigita
I think they are more afraid of actually move towards a conclusion of the story, haven't they said that in the end you are going to play as Desmond or have they withdrawn that statement?

General G
I don't think they said that statement at all...

At least not in anything I've ever read. I could be mistaken.

General Kaliero
No official source has ever said that Desmond would be the main part of AC3. That's just player speculation.

RE: Blaxican
I wasn't a big Enzio fan, so I wouldn't mind seeing someone else take the mantle.

batdude123
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I wasn't a big Enzio fan, so I wouldn't mind seeing someone else take the mantle.

sneer

Meet me somewhere.

Peach
Ezio is the main reason why AC is so awesome.

So I am very pleased that this game is with him again.

MooCowofJustice
I liked Altair better. Would enjoy moving along with the story past Ezio, as mentioned previously.

batdude123
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I liked Altair better.

laughing out loud

Digi
"I like Altair better" is actually defensible, though puzzling. "Altair is a better character" is demonstrably false.

Realistically, they do need to move forward eventually. As long as this actually continues the story, and isn't just a bonus romp as Ezio, I'm cool with it. An actual backdrop with intrigue is much better than "here's some more maps to explore and towers to climb."

Incidentally, since my time is at a premium these days, what happened in the Da Vinci add-on (which I'm unlikely to play)? Anyone want to spoiler tag it for me?

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud

Is there something wrong with liking Altair better? Because as I see it Altair is twice the man Ezio has been thus far. Dude defeated a Piece of Eden on his own. You know, without the help of another Piece of Eden.

batdude123
Is there something wrong with liking Altair better? Because as I see it Altair is twice the man Ezio has been thus far. Dude defeated a Piece of Eden on his own. You know, without the help of another Piece of Eden.

Altair is a stale, one-dimensional character who's completely de-humanized which makes it hard for the player to connect with him on a personal level. Ezio, on the other hand, actually has emotional depth of character, which makes him a lot more refreshing than Altair.

I could care less about who's got "moar skillz," because the versatility of Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood's gameplay mechanics smoke Assassin's Creed 1.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Digi
"I like Altair better" is actually defensible, though puzzling. "Altair is a better character" is demonstrably false.

Realistically, they do need to move forward eventually. As long as this actually continues the story, and isn't just a bonus romp as Ezio, I'm cool with it. An actual backdrop with intrigue is much better than "here's some more maps to explore and towers to climb."

Incidentally, since my time is at a premium these days, what happened in the Da Vinci add-on (which I'm unlikely to play)? Anyone want to spoiler tag it for me?
I pretty much agree with all this.

And to sate your curiosity, in The Da Vinci Disappearance a cult called the Hermeticists kidnapped Leonardo, and Ezio had to find and acquire a collection of Leo's paintings that revealed the entrance to the underground temple they'd taken him to. The Hermeticists needed Leo to find the Pythagorean Unifier for them, a theoretical number they thought would transform men into gods and allow them to perfect the world. Ezio killed them and saved Leo, and together they went into the temple to make sure no one else could find the number. What they found was a set of coordinates meaningless to them, but Ezio sensed that they would be useful for Desmond. They them left the temple, with Ezio musing that no mere number could repair the world.

Ezio's a walking cliche. I don't understand how that really makes him relatable to as a character.

Peach
Ezio's a walking cliche. I don't understand how that really makes him relatable to as a character.

Cliche of what, exactly?

Altair's hardly more than a cardboard cutout of a character...there's literally nothing to him in the game.

Digi
Thanks GK. Appreciated.

Originally posted by Peach
Cliche of what, exactly?

Altair's hardly more than a cardboard cutout of a character...there's literally nothing to him in the game. You're talking to the wrong guy, as far as comparing characters. The only character I enjoyed in any of the games is Rosa.

Peach
You're talking to the wrong guy, as far as comparing characters. The only character I enjoyed in any of the games is Rosa.

You still didn't say what exactly Ezio's a cliche of.

MooCowofJustice
I don't think I can actually name anything that would make Altair any less humanized than Ezio. At the very least, nothing I can name that would allow me to connect to Ezio any more than Altair.

General Kaliero
I don't think I can actually name anything that would make Altair any less humanized than Ezio. At the very least, nothing I can name that would allow me to connect to Ezio any more than Altair.
And you realize that Altair's brooding-badass-jerkass-who-doesn't-play-by-the-rules act hasn't been relevant since the 90s?

Altair got slightly better in Bloodlines, in the story parts where he settled down and started philosophizing in the Codex. Not a lot better, but it was a step up. And ironically the way most people were exposed to his thoughts in the Codex was, well, by reading them as Ezio in AC2.

MooCowofJustice
I can't see a reason that a word of that makes my post any less significant.

General Kaliero
Because the bland 90s archetype is factually less humanized than the fleshed-out and well-written Ezio.

MooCowofJustice
You're just overplaying the "90s archetype" now. Once again, I cannot name one single thing that would allow me to relate to Ezio any more than Altair, nor a single thing that would even make Ezio much more well written than Altair.

Demonic Phoenix
And you realize that Altair's brooding-badass-jerkass-who-doesn't-play-by-the-rules act hasn't been relevant since the 90s?

Altair got slightly better in Bloodlines, in the story parts where he settled down and started philosophizing in the Codex. Not a lot better, but it was a step up. And ironically the way most people were exposed to his thoughts in the Codex was, well, by reading them as Ezio in AC2.

And you realize that Altair's brooding-badass-jerkass-who-doesn't-play-by-the-rules act was only prevalent in the earlier stages of the game?

That said, Ezio is indeed a far better character than Altair.

BloodRawEngine
Ezio is definitely the superior character on just about all fronts. Relatability and cliche's and such don't even have anything to do with it; Ezio's personality was simply more prevalent, more personable, and more charismatic in display, performance, and jus overall execution, which really matters more than whether or not they use something along the lines of cliche'. Altair is just another Samus in that people consider his bland lack of any well-roundedness or personality is somehow seen as being synonimous with an inherent badassery, which it's not.

batdude123

The irony here is that Altair is a far more blatant cliche character than Ezio is.

That's not ironic at all, considering I never said Altair was a relatable character. In fact, I specifically said the opposite a few posts up. no expression

Dick. uhuh

batdude123
That's not ironic at all, considering I never said Altair was a relatable character. In fact, I specifically said the opposite a few posts up. no expression

Dick. uhuh

http://i52.tinypic.com/ioey6h.jpg

Stop callin' my crib.

Digi
You guys. I love Altair. Let's talk about it.

crackers

Anyway, am I the only one hoping Desmond IS playable at some point?

Black bolt z
I only have one problem with this game: Who is going to be the enemy?

To me Cesare was pretty cool but wasn't as cool as Rodrigo.

And Lucrezia isn't going to be the main enemy so...who is left?

And I hope they keep the assassin companion system. I loved that.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Digi
You guys. I love Altair. Let's talk about it.

crackers

Anyway, am I the only one hoping Desmond IS playable at some point? Yes

Utrigita
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I only have one problem with this game: Who is going to be the enemy?

Finding a historical person that can be turned into collaborating with the templars isn't a problem, so have no worries. It's choosing one among the amount of characters in history that is a problem.

As for the scenary it'll be interesting because in the 15th century ,where Ezio will be running around, Istanbul was a multicultural Metropolis, so basically you can take persons from all religious movements in the 15th century and use them in the game. And if I had more time I would open my laptop and get my notes from my lecture about the rise of the Ottoman empire but you can find quite a few important characters that can be used by yourself smile

General G
Robespierre, PLEASE!

General Kaliero

Peach
Ooooooh.

wakkawakkawakka
I find it funny that it took this long for Ezio's story to end. No actual problem with they guy, I'm just a tad bored is all.

I wonder if there's going to be a new PoE shown in this one also.

GK: Do they ever explain why they're still calling towers, "Borgia Towers"? The whole Borgia thing should've been resolved IIRC.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I find it funny that it took this long for Ezio's story to end. No actual problem with they guy, I'm just a tad bored is all.

I wonder if there's going to be a new PoE shown in this one also.

GK: Do they ever explain why they're still calling towers, "Borgia Towers"? The whole Borgia thing should've been resolved IIRC.
Well, like the quote said, it's the tower concept, not actual Borgia Towers. They seem to be called "Assassin's Dens."

Peach
Reading is hard!

Peach
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/09/the-multiplayer-of-assassin-39-s-creed-revelations.aspx

Some info about multiplayer; it'll be much more customizable this time around, and you'll be able to select which mode on what map you want to play (instead of the maps being random) this time around. Which is nice, as in Brotherhood there were certain maps I absolutely hated playing on.

Also, apparently, more info about Abstergo will be revealed in the game. Not too interesting to me but I'm sure other people will care about that stick out tongue

wakkawakkawakka
I almost wish they weren't making this a platform game. Well the multiplayer sounds nice from the description.

I wish you could actually fight other players with swords and combos like you do with guards in the game. Oh well.

General Kaliero
...platform game wat? What the muffin are you talking about?

wakkawakkawakka
I don't know, wasn't there something about console release in this link right here:http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/05/assassins-creed-revelations-revealed-launches-on-pc-in-november/

I really don't know sad

General Kaliero
So... you mean... releasing it on platforms. Which is what you release games on. Platforms. Consoles and PCs are both examples of platforms.

What the hell else do you release a game on?

So I'm assuming you mean you wish it wasn't a console game. And if that's what you mean, why not? How does the game being released on consoles affect you negatively?

wakkawakkawakka
I "almost" don't want it on a console because the effort should really be put into an AC3.

Like I said previosly, I have no problem with an improved multiplayer, I just don't think it should be spent on another Ezio story. As cool as it is, I don't really get how you can play as an old Ezio and Altair when the latter's story was already resolved in AC2.

General Kaliero
It would seem it's not quite resolved. And no one should have been expecting AC3 until 2012 anyway.

AC is Ubisoft Montreal's big pet project now, and it's made them a massive amount of money. Reaction to AC:B was strong, so it makes perfect business sense to make another of its type in the interim, both to expand upon what people liked in AC:B, and to keep people interested in the series until AC3's release next year.

wakkawakkawakka
It does make good buisness sense, it just doesn't seem right. To be honset I was content with Brotherhood's multiplayer but if they have something better then I guess that's plausible.

I can stand to wait for Ac3, it just seems weird to have an Ezio trilogy.

I though the genetic memory from Altair was shown to be passed over during AC2 which is why I found it awkward..but cool...to play as him again.

Peach
Why doesn't it seem right, though? If they've got the content, as well as the money to make another game, then why not? Because, as GK said, no one was expecting AC3 until next year anyway.

General Kaliero
Why shouldn't Ezio have a trilogy? Altair had AC, Altair Chronicles, and Bloodlines.

Desmond witnessed the genetic memory shifting to Altair's descendant in AC, yes, but what makes you think Altair's adventures in Constantinople must necessarily take place after that? We don't even know when exactly that particular descendant was conceived.

wakkawakkawakka
Why doesn't it seem right, though? If they've got the content, as well as the money to make another game, then why not? Because, as GK said, no one was expecting AC3 until next year anyway. Originally posted by General Kaliero
Why shouldn't Ezio have a trilogy? Altair had AC, Altair Chronicles, and Bloodlines.

Desmond witnessed the genetic memory shifting to Altair's descendant in AC, yes, but what makes you think Altair's adventures in Constantinople must necessarily take place after that? We don't even know when exactly that particular descendant was conceived.
I never rushed the efforts for AC3, just didn't expect another game so soon that wasn't AC3. It seem wrong due to there being an Old Ezio instead of some run of the mill assasin people would soon forget...like I said, I was just fine with the wrap up in Brotherhood.

I was unaware of there being an Altair trilogy....I never heard of the Altair Chronicles, my bad! Well as long as its a good game I guess.

Old Ezio is weird no matter how you put it...As for Altair, it seemed just about done up until he did other things after the genetic memory shifted. It would have been nice to see some other new assasin in the mix...not talking about AC3 with this comment.

Digi
Multiplayer customization is good. Too much randomness in terms of maps and game formats.

Reading is hard!

laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
I wish they would add some formidable villains this time around. A hero is only as good as their villains... which doesn't say much for Altiar or Ezio.

General Kaliero
I wish they would add some formidable villains this time around. A hero is only as good as their villains... which doesn't say much for Altiar or Ezio.
Meaningless saying is meaningless. Not to mention wrong. I'm simply hoping for a well-told story. Couldn't care less if the villain is "formidable" or "badass" or not.

batdude123
Man, f*ck deez Ezio haters. sneer

batdude123
Meaningless saying is meaningless. Not to mention wrong. I'm simply hoping for a well-told story. Couldn't care less if the villain is "formidable" or "badass" or not.

Ignore him, he has Wolverine-Syndrome.

Phanteros
Can't wait.

Digi
I would actually partially agree with the villain statement. In terms of stature, his opponents are formidable enough. But I really just felt like it was just a matter of time before I got far enough in the story to track them down and assassinate them easily. The best moments for me were the set pieces like with Davinci's machines, and finding clever ways to infiltrate tower areas.

I want to feel overwhelmed by a villain, hell, give them the piece of Eden and make them a walking death machine like we were in Brotherhood near the end, while I have to stay at a distance and find clever things to do.

Wanting a little more difficulty is one of my gripes with the games in general. A game doesn't need to be hard to be good. But often I felt like an unstoppable tank, not an assassin, which seemed wrong. This is true of all the games so far.

BloodRain
If Altair had a trilogy including the handhelds wouldn't Ezio's be a pentalogy?

50 year old Ezio, surprised he's still in the condition to do his assassin thing. Having mixed feeling about the hook-shot, may make things too easy.. well, easier.

Phanteros
Originally posted by BloodRain
If Altair had a trilogy including the handhelds wouldn't Ezio's be a pentalogy?

50 year old Ezio, surprised he's still in the condition to do his assassin thing. Having mixed feeling about the hook-shot, may make things too easy.. well, easier. They probably put a limit on what you can do with it anyway.

Peach
...where on earth did anyone get anything about a hookshot?

It says that he's got a hooked blade, which can be used to travel on ziplines and speed up getting from one place to another.

Nemesis X
I hope that when I use a piece of Eden next time, it'll be against the main antagonist who also has a piece of Eden. I felt like I stumbled across a cheat code when I used it against Cesare's men in Brotherhood. Whenever I'm overpowered in a game, I feel bored because it's not challenging. I do get kind of satisfied when I'm in a state similar to God mode but it tends to get a bit tiresome when I use it a lot against weak opponents.

Peach
So having just read the Game Informer article about it (thaaaaaank you for scanning it for me GK, I love you <3), holy crap I cannot wait for this game. All of the gameplay improvements, and the plot bits, and the multiplayer changes...they're pretty much going "So, this worked well, so we're going to overhaul it and make it even better". No just sitting back and sticking with things they know work without making any changes. So awesome. And very uncommon with developers.

Digi
This series has always done well with changes based on feedback. And yes, it's refreshing.

Morridini
I wonder how many "I'm too old for this" lines Ezio will have...

So having just read the Game Informer article about it (thaaaaaank you for scanning it for me GK, I love you <3), holy crap

How spoilerish is the story parts? I'm considering a total media blockout of this game, in order to not spoil any of the game.

BloodRain
...where on earth did anyone get anything about a hookshot?

It says that he's got a hooked blade, which can be used to travel on ziplines and speed up getting from one place to another.
(Curse you Zelda)
Same thing, and can be used in combat. Still sounding like it'll make things too simple like the chases, at least the guards had a chance at catching up before this. Eh, probs over thinking it.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I hope that when I use a piece of Eden next time, it'll be against the main antagonist who also has a piece of Eden. I felt like I stumbled across a cheat code when I used it against Cesare's men in Brotherhood. Whenever I'm overpowered in a game, I feel bored because it's not challenging. I do get kind of satisfied when I'm in a state similar to God mode but it tends to get a bit tiresome when I use it a lot against weak opponents.
IMO the smoke bombs, poison dart and crossbow do this in regular gameplay. Smoke leads to several easy kills, darts for taking the effort out of normal poison and crossbow for being a faster, quieter and more mobile gun. Most guilty of this are the recruits.. Way to easy to summon a few mini-Ezio's packed with smoke bombs, skills that trump a group of guards and that arrow storm to take out any group of guards.

Come Brotherhood who actually used the knife, throwing knives and hidden gun?

Nephthys
Me. Throwing knives were awesome for taking out the rooftop patrols, and the knife was damn sweet for its kill animations and speed. The gun was good for assassinating people when you really want them dead, but it took too long to really be useful.

General Kaliero
I wonder how many "I'm too old for this" lines Ezio will have...

How spoilerish is the story parts? I'm considering a total media blockout of this game, in order to not spoil any of the game.
It's an overview of the circumstances and what you'll need to do as Ezio, but they didn't give away anything that could be considering spoiling the plot. Most of the article is on how AC:R is expanding upon what was in AC:B.

Originally posted by BloodRain
(Curse you Zelda)
Same thing, and can be used in combat. Still sounding like it'll make things too simple like the chases, at least the guards had a chance at catching up before this. Eh, probs over thinking it.

IMO the smoke bombs, poison dart and crossbow do this in regular gameplay. Smoke leads to several easy kills, darts for taking the effort out of normal poison and crossbow for being a faster, quieter and more mobile gun. Most guilty of this are the recruits.. Way to easy to summon a few mini-Ezio's packed with smoke bombs, skills that trump a group of guards and that arrow storm to take out any group of guards.

Come Brotherhood who actually used the knife, throwing knives and hidden gun?
The hookblades have been used by Constantinople's local Assassins for some time, so I imagine the Byzantine guards have figured out ways to keep up. The main ways the hookblades affect combat hare allowing you to start combos offensively instead of waiting to parry, and vaulting over guards to bypass combat altogether if that's your style.

Morridini
It's an overview of the circumstances and what you'll need to do as Ezio, but they didn't give away anything that could be considering spoiling the plot. Most of the article is on how AC:R is expanding upon what was in AC:B.

Ok, nice, think I'll take a look at it then, what issue was that?

Peach
The June one, which is the newest one. It's not out most places yet, I haven't even gotten my digital copy yet and usually that I get way early stick out tongue

Not even close to being the same thing, and as GK says, they're very common among the Assassins in Constantinople. The guards will know how to deal with them.

Peach
So, the game is scheduled to release on 11/15. We've also got it listed as an LE in the computers at work, but it just says "details TBA" about what extras it'll have.

BloodRain
As long as the guards can compete with it, the hookblade should be fine.

Can't wait to see the way people will customize their assassins in multiplayer. /sarcasm mode

Whats LE? '-'

Peach
Limited edition.

Morridini
So now with Revelations finishing up the Ezio and Altair story, I'm starting to feel we won't have a new historical setting for Assassin's Creed 3, and that it will focus entirely on Desmond in the year 2012.

I for one would not mind, I love the Desmond character (unlike Peach, who hate him) and I keep seeing him reflected in Altair and Ezio, so I think a Desmond centered story will make a good narrative. I'm still not sure how they will incorporate modern day weapons (sniper rifle....) though.

Morridini
Game Informer just put up three video interviews with the Creative Director of Revaltions; http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/11/ac-revelations-meet-the-creative-director.aspx

Have no sound capabilities on my work computer, so haven't gotten a chance to listen to them yet, does he say anything new?

General Kaliero
Game Informer just put up three video interviews with the Creative Director of Revaltions; http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/11/ac-revelations-meet-the-creative-director.aspx

Have no sound capabilities on my work computer, so haven't gotten a chance to listen to them yet, does he say anything new?
Amancio confirmed that the purpose of Revelations is to tie up all the loose ends and complete the stories of both Altair and Ezio, also giving some concrete information about the first civilization (Those Who Came Before) and more details about the 2012 plot. We'll also find out why so much of the story centers on Ezio, as he is apparently a very important key player i nthe whole plot. Basically, we're clearing the way here for AC3 to start without any exposition baggage.

He also noted that AC3 will concentrate on a completely new character. The number of each game represents a character, with 1 being Altair, 2 being Ezio, and 3 being someone new. This also seems to imply that AC3 will have another historical setting.

Morridini
Huh, so much for my idea of AC3 being completely Desmond based.

Hmm, I wonder if the new character in AC3 will have a name starting with an I...

MooCowofJustice
So, anyone got place they think AC3 will take place in? If Revelations gets Constantinople, then I would think it'd be something like, France. I hope it's not France. Personally I'd want something like a city from Russia or maybe even Spain. But maybe we'll get an ancestor from farther back in time, like during the original civilization. That'd be winz.

General Kaliero
I'm personally hoping for revolutionary France in AC3. A very interesting period of time, and the conflict would lend itself well to the Assassins and the Templars. It might well be AC3, because the final symbols Shaun points out in Brotherhood - the All-Seeing Eye and the Phrygian cap - are only found together on the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, a fundamental document of the French Revolution.

Peach
I'm also hoping for the French Revolution for AC3.

MooCowofJustice
Meh.

BloodRain
Probs not Russia or Span as they've already had settings there. Some missions playing as Adam would be win though.

Phanteros
CKI0Xn0Z-Uo

teaser

BloodRain
Even though its only ending the 2nd chapter the trailer makes it feel like its the final game. Good stuff, more Altair is always needed.

Peach
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150191175963068.314359.6119163067

There's some gorgeous art in there.

Nephthys
I'm getting a distinctly north-eastern feeling from those pictures. Is he in Mongolia or Tibet or some place?

Phanteros
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm getting a distinctly north-eastern feeling from those pictures. Is he in Mongolia or Tibet or some place? At Constantinople

Nephthys
Ah.

Peach
http://www.gamersspot.com/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=82212

Hrm. I dunno.

Morridini
It's ok, just what I expected.

BloodRain
It lacks that mystifying appearance that the other 3 main games had, kinda more like the Bloodlines and Chronicles in direct simplicity and without a crowd.

There's going to be actual gameplay with Altair right?

Morridini
Small analysis of the teaser; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-assassins-creed/714353

Peach
Damn, I was hoping that was an article. What do they say about it?

Phanteros
itt basically confirms Constantinople and Altair.

Morridini
Damn, I was hoping that was an article. What do they say about it?

It's a visual analysis, they don't say anything.

Peach
Originally posted by Phanteros
itt basically confirms Constantinople and Altair.

That stuff's been confirmed from the very beginning.

It's a visual analysis, they don't say anything.

Ahh.

Peach
Posting it in the proper thread for you stick out tongue

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Lh5op8GT4jg

Beyond epic.

And now that I've seen it...oh. My. God. I want this game, like, yesterday. Holy ****. "Beyond epic" doesn't even start to cover it.

Zack Fair
Thanks. I had a funny feeling a revelations thread existed, but I couldn't find it so instead I posted in AC3 like a noobdur

Yes. I must play it NOWzzz!

Phanteros
Game of the year contender again.

Morridini
Pretty sweet trailer, nice seeing Ezio is aging nicely.

Also, if Ezio is actually seeing Altair there, would it mean that the Animus isn't the only thing allowing Desmond to experience these memories, maybe it just amplifies an already natural ability (like the Eagle Vsiion)?

Peach

Gonna agree with this.

Pretty sweet trailer, nice seeing Ezio is aging nicely.

Also, if Ezio is actually seeing Altair there, would it mean that the Animus isn't the only thing allowing Desmond to experience these memories, maybe it just amplifies an already natural ability (like the Eagle Vsiion)?

That's...an interesting thought. Hmmm.

General Kaliero
One of my friends thinks that the Seals Ezio is retrieving are a sort of precursor to the Animus, since they're confirmed to be tech from Those Who Came Before. Could be that the original Animus was simply an interface with one of the Seals or one like them.

I don't know whether I like the Seals causing a Bleeding Effect, or something related to Eagle Sense stirring Ezio's memories.

Peach
Or it could be a combination of the two; the Eagle Sense plus the presence of the Seals causing it to happen.

batdude123

Uncharted 3.

General Kaliero
Uncharted 3.
Revelations will clearly surpass that, hah.

batdude123
Revelations will clearly surpass that, hah.

As much as I love the series and am looking forward to Revelations...

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Bardock42
It seems hard to compare a medium as versatile as gaming to find one contender as a game of the year.

Peach
Well, it happens every year, so yeah. Nothing really new there.

batdude123
Originally posted by Bardock42
It seems hard to compare a medium as versatile as gaming to find one contender as a game of the year.

You can definitely get a good sense of what game(s) can be considered for GotY.

Bardock42
Well, it happens every year, so yeah. Nothing really new there.

It happening surely does not make it any less ridiculous hmm

batdude123
Well, I've called GTA IV, Uncharted 2, and Red Dead Redemption in back-to-back-to-back years now. ermmhappy

Bardock42
Well, I've called GTA IV, Uncharted 2, and Red Dead Redemption in back-to-back-to-back years now. ermmhappy

Whose Game of the Year Awards are you calling?

batdude123
Spike's.

Bardock42
Spike's.

Good luck, then no expression

batdude123
Originally posted by Bardock42
Good luck, then no expression

Thanks. no expression

Bardock42
Game of the Year is still a silly concept.

More silly than even the Oscars I'd say hmm

Oh, on Ass C Revelations ... the trailer looks really good. I still haven't finished 2 yet though.

General Kaliero
Shame on you, Bardock.

Peach
Then go finish it already, Bardock stick out tongue

Bardock42
Then go finish it already, Bardock stick out tongue

I would, but I have to replay Wet for the 5th time no expression

And had to play some Force Unleashed before...game of the century, amirite?

Digi
GotY contender, maybe not. Trailer of the year, **** yes!

BloodRain
Defiantly the greatest trailer. Now the long wait for the release.

Demonic Phoenix
Like I said, everything else at the Ubisoft conference paled in comparison to the AC:R trailer.

Heh, is the game going to feature Masyaf then?

Peach
As was stated in the GI article about it...yes, Ezio does travel to Masyaf in the game.

The main setting is Constantinople, though.

Phanteros
i1x_2QuMKnM

Desmond section, some spoilers(not really though).

Digi
I still can't get over that damn trailer. Unbelievable.

Peach
Me neither. I've probably watched it about a half-dozen times now.

Found the song from it, btw. Because I love it, and how it fits the trailer so perfectly, and it's just great on it's own.

Phanteros

Found the song from it, btw. Because I love it, and how it fits the trailer so perfectly, and it's just great on it's own. That music vid was just amazing.

srankmissingnin
Damn Ubi... your trailers are so epic they make your games look sloppy. Lip synching? Learn it. How to render hair. Again... learn it. How about some villains that are actual formidable villains with designs that rival the amazing character designs of Altiar/Ezio? Step up your game, this if your fourth time at bat with the same game resources, every element should be as polished as those brilliant character animations.

Put those animators to work and make an animated movie, these trailers are so amazing I'd shell out for a blueray in a heart beat.

Phanteros
L_Pfj5KXOrg

Demo starts a 3:43

Peach
Damn Ubi... your trailers are so epic they make your games look sloppy. Lip synching? Learn it. How to render hair. Again... learn it. How about some villains that are actual formidable villains with designs that rival the amazing character designs of Altiar/Ezio? Step up your game, this if your fourth time at bat with the same game resources, every element should be as polished as those brilliant character animations.

Put those animators to work and make an animated movie, these trailers are so amazing I'd shell out for a blueray in a heart beat.

If you expect anything in-game to match a pre-rendered CGI clip...you're a goddamn idiot that knows nothing about how games work or are made.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with AC's in-game graphics.

General Kaliero

Lip syncing? They're using MotionScan for the facial animations now, so Revelations' lip syncing will be the best in the business. Hair? You're nitpicking. Cesare was an excellently-designed villain, and Rodrigo Borgia was perfectly accurate to historical records.

Not to mention, these are not the same game resources. The animations are mostly the same, but models, textures, and the entire game map are all new.

And worth mentioning Ubisoft just announced recently they are opening a movie studio, with several planned projects based on their properties.

srankmissingnin
If you expect anything in-game to match a pre-rendered CGI clip...you're a goddamn idiot that knows nothing about how games work or are made.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with AC's in-game graphics.

I don't want it to match a pre-rendered CGI clip, I'd like it to be on par with the graphical power houses across the board, which it isn't. Now obviously with the nature of the game play and the large environments on screen they probably can't be the top dog, but I don't think they should be content with merely replicating the same quality that worked for them in 2007 in the original Assassins Creed. It's been five years, there should be a massive step up in what the developers can do... but they aren't even trying. Look at the graphical difference between Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite. Or Uncharted 1 and 3. Or Gears of War 1 and 3. There should have been a similar leap in Assassin Creed.

Lip syncing? They're using MotionScan for the facial animations now, so Revelations' lip syncing will be the best in the business. Hair? You're nitpicking. Cesare was an excellently-designed villain, and Rodrigo Borgia was perfectly accurate to historical records.

Not to mention, these are not the same game resources. The animations are mostly the same, but models, textures, and the entire game map are all new.

And worth mentioning Ubisoft just announced recently they are opening a movie studio, with several planned projects based on their properties.

I don't know what to tell you man, I know the said they were using MotionScan in Revelations, but you are honestly going to tell me you don't see the difference between the E3 game play footage and the last game that did, LA Noir? The stuff they showed form AS: Revelations was nothing more than flapping mouths. I couldn't tell you what the characters where saying with the sound turned off, it doesn't even look like they are capable of making different noises, the shape of the mouths don't change, they just open and close. I'm thinking maybe they used motionscan for that CGI trailer, because based on gameplay it's just more of the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0nRRFLJ5k

Sub par lip synching is a real pet peeve of mine, it completely destroys immersion in a game... and it is more glaring than ever after playing LA Noir. I suppose I am nitpicking about the hair, but that is another thing that erks me. It's been five years... update your hair rendering capabilities Ubi, there is no excuse for there not to be a sizable improvement between AS 1 and AS: Revelations across the board.

Cool, I hadn't heard that they were opening a film studio. Can't wait to see what they do.

Digi

Found the song from it, btw. Because I love it, and how it fits the trailer so perfectly, and it's just great on it's own.

Excellent! I was wondering about that, but figured it would be on the soundtrack or something.

menokokoro
Man! looks so good! I love the trailer, and this just reinforces my thoughts about action movies being animated, you just can't have that kind of Choreography otherwise.

Peach
Short multiplayer video...

UeqSXBnL1o4

Digi
not showing up

Peach
Bleh, looks like they made it private. Weird, it was an official video from Ubisoft, too.

Peach
http://collectorsedition.org/5890/assassins-creed-revelations-animus-edition-announced

Looks like this is just for Europe and Australia right now...

Please, Ubisoft, don't forget your fans in the US, and give us a ****ing awesome CE like that because damnit I would buy it in a heartbeat.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>