Magneto, Absorbing Man.....vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
no cis, no bfr....abadoned city

who wins?

Digi
Probably Thor, rough fight though. He can and has pawned Creel in short order, and would probably need to do so or be overrun by the tag team.

chomperx9
Would Magneto's shield be stron enough to denfend himself against Thor ?

Digi
Originally posted by chomperx9
Would Magneto's shield be stron enough to denfend himself against Thor ?

Yes, but not indefinitely.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Digi
Yes, but not indefinitely.

true but it really wouldnt matter sinnce without cis, Thor would be hard pressed to beat AM ands Mags

Black bolt z
Team 1.

CIS off creel would give thor one helluva fight.

Add magneto to that...

TheLordofMurder
If CIS is off, then Thor is willing to use lethal attacks and kill...

In which case this fight is over before it starts; both Magneto and Creel get their souls sucked right out of their body...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by chomperx9
Would Magneto's shield be stron enough to denfend himself against Thor ? Thor already absorbed the magnetism out of Mags.

bayhunter12
Thor hands down.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
If CIS is off, then Thor is willing to use lethal attacks and kill...

In which case this fight is over before it starts; both Magneto and Creel get their souls sucked right out of their body...

how does that tactic work? ive never seen him do a "soul suck" yet i always hear about it, when was this tactic used?

TheLordofMurder
He used it to kill Loki; he just points his hammer at you and wills it to happen...

Sin I AM
He used it to kill Loki; he just points his hammer at you and wills it to happen...

he used it once? embarrasment ...on another Asgardian, has he used it since and on anyone other than a being from his realm?

TheLordofMurder
Yes, he's only used it once; its an ancient and forbidden technique to use among the Asgardians (this is stated as such on panel btw)...

But he did successfully kill Loki with it...so I'd imagine it would make short work out of Mags and Creel as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
he used it once? embarrasment ...on another Asgardian, has he used it since and on anyone other than a being from his realm?

Where are you going with this? That it won't work on a non immortal? I'd have wagered it working on someone like Loki being a pro when discussing mortals. And we've seen Thor manipulate mortal souls without a problem for whatever that's worth.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Where are you going with this? That it won't work on a non immortal? I'd have wagered it working on someone like Loki being a pro when discussing mortals. And we've seen Thor manipulate mortal souls without a problem for whatever that's worth.

yes, i believe it was one of those one time feats that would never work again..or would only work on his kind and/or should/would never be used...or do u believe thor could soul suck say, Nate or Clark?

Rage.Of.Olympus
yes, i believe it was one of those one time feats that would never work again..or would only work on his kind and/or should/would never be used...or do u believe thor could soul suck say, Nate or Clark?

baka

That's a whole lot of bullshit.

Yes I do unless one of them has illustrated extraordinary resistance against this type of attack that I'm not aware of or cannot recall.

TheLordofMurder
Absolutely...why wouldnt it work?

He killed an immortal being with this ability...why wouldnt it work on mortals?

And again, its forbidden to use this ability; thus since CIS is always a factor in comics, he doesnt use this ability...but its there...and without CIS (as per the terms in the OP), there is no reason why he cant (and wont) use it again.

Mindset
Mags willpower will rip Thor's soul out of his ass.

TheLordofMurder
Thors willpower>>>>>>>>>Mags will power.

Mindset
You wish.

Bentley
Kal would resist Thor's soul suck, he's just awesome like that.

Magneto... Not so much.

Mindset
Bentley is jealous of Mags and Doom.

Basically anyone superior to Kang.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset
Bentley is jealous of Mags and Doom.

Basically anyone superior to Kang.

Pleeze, a young Iron-Lad handled Magneto and Doom in a second flirt

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley
Pleeze, a young Iron-Lad handled Magneto and Doom in a second flirt Doombot, and probably a Magbot made by Doom.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset
Doombot, and probably a Magbot made by Doom.

I just have to wonder why Doom would have a doll that looks like Mags in his castle. peaches

Mindset
I just have to wonder why Doom would have a doll that looks like Mags in his castle. peaches He's his Jarvis.

carver9
Magneto solos.

Thors willpower>>>>>>>>>Mags will power. pffftwahahahahaha

Philosophía
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto solos. I agree.

Now I need to e-wash.

Sin I AM
baka

That's a whole lot of bullshit.

Yes I do unless one of them has illustrated extraordinary resistance against this type of attack that I'm not aware of or cannot recall.

Absolutely...why wouldnt it work?

He killed an immortal being with this ability...why wouldnt it work on mortals?

And again, its forbidden to use this ability; thus since CIS is always a factor in comics, he doesnt use this ability...but its there...and without CIS (as per the terms in the OP), there is no reason why he cant (and wont) use it again.

Some comic authors seem to get bored of the same old powers. They add new ones to the same characters whenever they feel that a new power would open up a new story, or a new danger needs a new response, or whatever the hell, whenever they feel like it. It's bad enough writing in a new hero from nowhere just because you want to include a new power, but a lot of writers are worse than that. They tack new powers onto existing heroes.

Sometimes a retcon, a power upgrade or some bit of Phlebotinum is employed to explain the new power, but often the character just does something they've never done before and when their friends say, "I didn't know you could do that!", they come back with either "I've never needed to, till now," or worse, "Neither did I, till now!"

This is sometimes employed as a form of Deus Ex Machina - having written themselves into a corner with a villain or situation that's too overwhelming for our heroes to handle with the tools they've been given, the writer decides to have the hero instantaneously learn the one ability he needs to save the day. Frequently, without any form of Foreshadowing to suggest that he can do that. It gets worse if he conveniently forgets this ability when it would come in handy in a later situation.

Not all New Super Powers fall into this category, just the ones resulting from an Ass Pull.

AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT BE USED IN FORUM DEBATES

long pig
Why does everything always have to involve a lot of ass pulling/pushing and man on man sucking?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by long pig
Why does everything always have to involve a lot of ass pulling/pushing and man on man sucking?

ah dont forget nut-hugging but alas this is the world we live in

long pig
Hey, nothin gay about nut hugging.

long pig
God understands a little assplay here and there. Just don't make it a habit.

inimalist
hug those nuts long

long pig
I WILL! :high five:

Sin I AM
lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Some comic authors seem to get bored of the same old powers. They add new ones to the same characters whenever they feel that a new power would open up a new story, or a new danger needs a new response, or whatever the hell, whenever they feel like it. It's bad enough writing in a new hero from nowhere just because you want to include a new power, but a lot of writers are worse than that. They tack new powers onto existing heroes.

Sometimes a retcon, a power upgrade or some bit of Phlebotinum is employed to explain the new power, but often the character just does something they've never done before and when their friends say, "I didn't know you could do that!", they come back with either "I've never needed to, till now," or worse, "Neither did I, till now!"

This is sometimes employed as a form of Deus Ex Machina - having written themselves into a corner with a villain or situation that's too overwhelming for our heroes to handle with the tools they've been given, the writer decides to have the hero instantaneously learn the one ability he needs to save the day. Frequently, without any form of Foreshadowing to suggest that he can do that. It gets worse if he conveniently forgets this ability when it would come in handy in a later situation.

Not all New Super Powers fall into this category, just the ones resulting from an Ass Pull.

AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT BE USED IN FORUM DEBATES

You've said so much but it means so little.

You think it was a one time power? Okay. It still happened, it still counts. Get. Over. It.

For the record, Mjolnir has manipulated souls on another occasion and it's almost as much of a plot device as the Power Cosmic. I.e. Thor pulls shit out of his ass when the writer needs him to and they explain it as "magic". Get. Over. It.

long pig
Thor pulls shit out of his ass when the writer needs him to and they explain it as "magic". Get. Over. It. Are you sure we're talking about the same "type" of magic? Sure, the rabbit disappears, but at what cost?

psycho gundam
Kal would resist Thor's soul suck, he's just awesome like that.

Magneto... Not so much. http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7900/2z3qpm1.jpg

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/6720/42wgqoo.jpg

evil face

Digi
That's actually not the best "use their power against them" scan for Thor. There's another where he returns it x100, not x10 as stated in that one.

Still...

Originally posted by psycho gundam
evil face

Also, why the **** was anyone talking about soul-sucking?! Christ. As if that's the only way Thor could possibly win, and as if we could determine anything definitive about it for forum purposes. Sorry, it just seemed an odd choice to take a stand on.

long pig
AM can move at the speed of light while retaining mass. He's done it a few times. Why can't he blitz Thor? Take his hammer, which he's done while absorbing it. I don't think AM is given his due cred.

Digi
AM can move at the speed of light while retaining mass. He's done it a few times. Why can't he blitz Thor? Take his hammer, which he's done while absorbing it. I don't think AM is given his due cred.

CIS, frankly. OP turned CIS off though, so you have a point.

h1a8
Team wins easily.
Mags just controls the hammer causing Thor to waste time trying to fight for control while AM touches Thor and his hammer.

carver9

OMG... AM cannot move at the speed of light.

long pig
He can when he turns into light. And very close to light when he's turned into lightening. All while keeping a physical form able top punch or blast someone.

Sin I AM

yes he can

Bentley

Yet another character you know all about!

big grin

gogogadgetgo
OMG! so, with out CIS Magneto and AM turns into super uber villains who can each take down Thor easy as pie all on their lonesome while Thor, without CIS seems to stay the same....The bias here is strong (not to mention the overwhelming stupidity)...CIS off Thor turns AM into helium (again) and absorbs Mags magnetism and shoves mjolnier up Erics ass.

team can definitely win and probably would take a majority. mags and thor would have to wrestle for control over magnetism or mjolnir if they decided to hijakc each other's shit up and this can allow AM the time wiondow to absorb mjolnir adn the two pile up on thor.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
OMG! so, with out CIS Magneto and AM turns into super uber villains who can each take down Thor easy as pie all on their lonesome while Thor, without CIS seems to stay the same....The bias here is strong (not to mention the overwhelming stupidity)...CIS off Thor turns AM into helium (again) and absorbs Mags magnetism and shoves mjolnier up Erics ass.

cis off creel can recall all the abilities he's ever stored...you have no idea what your talking about

Rage.Of.Olympus
cis off creel can recall all the abilities he's ever stored...you have no idea what your talking about

When did this happen?

Sin I AM
When did this happen?

i thought it was common knowledge, i mean the ONLY reason he loses is due to his low intellect, i mean come on the guy absorbed ASGARD why wouldnt he be able to atleast stalemate thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
i thought it was common knowledge, i mean the ONLY reason he loses is due to his low intellect, i mean come on the guy absorbed ASGARD why wouldnt he be able to atleast stalemate thor

You didn't answer my question. When has Creel shown that he can recall any ability/power he has ever absorbed?

Creel has been written as extremely formidable in combat in the past and is sometimes just not up to the task. On other occasions he just gets outsmarted. You can't however wave off all of his defeats due to him not being the brightest guy around.

He could stalemate Thor. He has in the past but Thor mostly battles him as a brick. He has disposed of Creel swiftly in the past.

Sin I AM
let me dig it up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cool.

Sr J-Bieb
Earth X to answer your question Rage.

I don't think it's been said in 616, or at least if it has, it's not relevant.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm aware of how formidable he was in Earth X.

I haven't heard of Creel being able to do this in the mainstream Universe however.

Digi
Yeah, the whole "remembering everything" smacks of Earth X. I'd be interested to see if anything like that exists within mainstream canon.

Someone made the comment that if we turn off CIS, it's for Thor as well, which is a good point. Creel isn't the only one who gets demonstrably better with that stipulation.

Still, interesting fight. Probably hinges on exactly what Creel would do.

Sin I AM
hmmm, i cant seem to locate it.......so until i (or someone else) can provide the scans it didnt happen

Rage.Of.Olympus
excellent

Sr J-Bieb
hmmm, i cant seem to locate it.......so it didnt happen fixed

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
fixed

have at thee!

gogogadgetgo

CIS off, AM is still a stupid ass. taking out CIS doesnt automatically make him smarter. He's stupid, and no matter what CIS off PIS off stips there are, Creel is still stupid. its in his character.

Now that i think about it, turning CIS off for Creel wouldnt really matter as its in his character to be stupid. Turning CIS off would turn AM into a vegetable since his brain is one piece of stupid. laughing

TheLordofMurder
Why is this thread still going?

Thor minus CIS sucks the soul out of the teams body and there isnt a dam thing they can do to stop it; the battle is over as soon as it starts...

Thor at his best minus CIS; any opponent without major spiritual defenses is doomed and that definitely includes these two...

Bentley
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
CIS off, AM is still a stupid ass. taking out CIS doesnt automatically make him smarter. He's stupid, and no matter what CIS off PIS off stips there are, Creel is still stupid. its in his character.

Now that i think about it, turning CIS off for Creel wouldnt really matter as its in his character to be stupid. Turning CIS off would turn AM into a vegetable since his brain is one piece of stupid. laughing

Maybe you don't get the concept of "character induced stupidity".

Bloodlusted Creel would still be stupid, Creel going all out would still be stupid. CISless Creel is smart.

Bloodlusted Creel would still be stupid, Creel going all out would still be stupid. CISless Creel is smart. he was thinking cip instead of cis. cis off is supposed to remove intellectual limitations as I understand it. and cip is irrelevant to creel as he is already willing to kill

Sin I AM

Bloodlusted Creel would still be stupid, Creel going all out would still be stupid. CISless Creel is smart.

you sir are correct

long pig
How smart?

dmills
Why is this thread still going?

Thor minus CIS sucks the soul out of the teams body and there isnt a dam thing they can do to stop it; the battle is over as soon as it starts...

Thor at his best minus CIS; any opponent without major spiritual defenses is doomed and that definitely includes these two...

CIS off doesn't necessarily equate bloodlusted or morality off. Even with cis off you'd be hard pressed to justify Thor soul sucking these two. Especially given the fact that he has many other cis free options to choose from smile

hateallmen
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.