Could you survive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheMagicPillow
Basically out of these options what Horror movie do you think you could survive (we'll say based on the killer and his M.O), and what Movie do you think you would certainly die in.

Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Hellraiser
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Alien
Halloween
Saw
Jeepers creepers
Final Destination
The hills have eyes

I would have the best chance at surviving The hills have eyes, or texas chainsaw massacre because they can at least be killed by conventional means.
I would die 10/10 times in Nightmare on elm street...i need my sleep lol

Feel free to add your own movies to.

jinzin
Cool thread smile

Friday the 13th - Probably die. I can't win in a fight and he's too good a stalker to begin with.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Probably die. Though there's a chance I might live through this too, I tend to have a lot of control in my dreams. I don't know that Freddy would scare me to begin with.

Hellraiser - die

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I think I could actually survive this one. Leatherface isn't that imposing to begin with. He's not the typical stealth killer and there's no way he can keep up with me if I ran for it. The only problem is his family. But they're pretty ****in transparent if your not a half retarded teenager.

Alien - Depends on if I have any weapons about or know that it's after me. 5/50

Halloween - Probably die.

Saw - Dunno, if I was one of the people that end up in his traps I may die depending on what needs to be done to survive... I don't want to cut off my foot or dig out my eye.... but then again I dunno that I'm the type of person to end up in his trap to begin with. I'd probably kick the shit out of pig-face when he came after me in the first place tbh.

Jeepers creepers - If the Creeper is after me, I'm dying minus some MASSIVE plot devices. He's the most imposing thing on this list aside from the next one.

Final Destination - Die... kinda speaks for itself.

The hills have eyes - If four eyes can go into their town, rumble and come out alive I think I've got a half decent chance.

TheMagicPillow
Thank you smile

Good descriptions to thumb up

the ninjak
Friday the 13th - If I was amongst the campers. I'm screwed.
Nightmare on Elm Street - Freddy was a big cheater. Though I see myself having a better chance than the Dream Warriors.
Hellraiser - I don't know how you can beat the Cenobites without some plot device.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I run for the freakin hills man! I'll live.
Alien - I can't see why I couldn't do everything Ripley did.
Halloween - The original if I'm aware of Myers existence. I might stand a chance with a gun. If I'm just shagging girls then I'm screwed with the rest of em.
Saw - Would I cut my foot off to survive. Sooner or later sure.
Jeepers creepers - Screwed.
Final Destination - Who in real life could seriously figure out that absurd plot?
The hills have eyes - I'm not good in the heat. I would fall prey to the psychos.

the ninjak
I would survive Scream though......maybe. I got all the questions right when the killers called.

Dr Mystery
I think overall, I would be most likely to survive Friday the 13th. I mean, all those trees, all those other silly kids. I'd run and never look back.

Rogue Jedi
Friday the 13th : Yes. If I go camping, I take a rifle.
Nightmare on Elm Street: Nope.
Hellraiser : Nope.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre : Easily.
Alien : Nope.
Halloween: Hard to say.
Saw: Depends on what I have to do.
Jeepers creepers : Nope.
Final Destination: Nope.
The hills have eyes: Yes.

jinzin
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
I think overall, I would be most likely to survive Friday the 13th. I mean, all those trees, all those other silly kids. I'd run and never look back.

Jason had teleportation though... I don't think you would make it, no offense.

Robtard
Friday the 13th - Not a chance
Nightmare on Elm Street - Easy, could do it in my sleep
Hellraiser - Easy. Box is just a puzzle and I recently put together a 500 piece
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - No
Alien - Easy, there's only one alien.
Halloween - No
Saw - Easy, again, puzzles and riddles and such
Jeepers creepers - Easy, just keep driving
Final Destination - Easy
The hills have eyes - Nope

5 out of 10, at least I beat RJ.

mardook
Friday the 13th - Nope... I think I would be out of there after the first body turned up. However, If I were having sex then yeah... I would be swimming with the fishes.

Nightmare on Elm Street - I am pretty good with dreams, lucid dreaming helps you control them... I am also able to wake myself from a dream.

Hellraiser - Hmm... dunno about this one. Why would I bother with a puzzle box.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Pretty similar to Friday I think, I would be long gone after I had met the family. If not then I would fight rather than scream and fall down to the ground in a silly state of distress.

Alien - I would be on the damn escape ship after the first death or two.

Halloween - The M.O. of this guy does not make much sense. I would probably be dead though.

Saw - I dont think I would be in any situation where I would end up being one of his victims. If however, I was. I would do almost anything to survive, then I would devote my life to making him and those who were involved suffer horribly.

Jeepers creepers - What could he possibly want from me. If he wanted something from my body he would be in a sore state being that I am mostly inferior stock. stick out tongue

Final Destination - Well this one is pretty obvious. We would all end up dead in this one.

The hills have eyes - I dunno if I saw this one. Is this the one with the mutants in the desert. Happy Dance

Lord Shadow Z
Friday the 13th - Yes, I'd run away and not through the slow-you-down wood either, I'll do the smart thing and take the road.

Nightmare on Elm Street - No, I can't stay awake indefinitely so he'll eventually get me.

Hellraiser - No.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Yes, I'll run away, again avoiding the wood in favour of open ground.

Alien - Might do, if I injured it enough and avoided the acid blood.

Halloween - Yes, I'll run away again.

Saw - Like RJ, it depends on the torture device/situation he puts me in.

Jeepers creepers - Haven't seen.

Final Destination - No

The hills have eyes - Haven't seen.

Scream - Yes, I'd be confident, just a guy in a mask really.

thanos-prime
Are the people who keep saying that running away will save them in the friday the 13th scenario serious? it's pretty much been shown that just running away from jason doesn't work.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Are the people who keep saying that running away will save them in the friday the 13th scenario serious? it's pretty much been shown that just running away from jason doesn't work.

Because in the movies when they run they run into a house , or a wood so they slow themselves down or trap themselves. More to the point and you remove PIS then people would run far faster in real life, actors always have to be told to slow down when doing running scenes or they would leave the pursuer in the dust.

I remember a piece of trivia about T2 that Robert Patrick had to be told to slow down because he kept catching Edward Furlong on the bike.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Because in the movies when they run they run into a house , or a wood so they slow themselves down or trap themselves. More to the point and you remove PIS then people would run far faster in real life, actors always have to be told to slow down when doing running scenes or they would leave the pursuer in the dust.

I remember a piece of trivia about T2 that Robert Patrick had to be told to slow down because he kept catching Edward Furlong on the bike. That's not PIS tho It's assumed that in the movie these people are running for there lives and are running as fast as they can,No they don't always run into houses sometimes they just run through the woods and if we based this on the real world as you seem to be trying to then no matter how fast they ran he would still never catch up because he's walking but he still manages to.

jinXed by JaNx
If i were still think and fit i could survive Scream, Friday the 13th and Halloween (assuming i knew about Jason and Micheal and that they were actively pursuing me) but i'd die in all other scenarios.

Rogue Jedi
I'd push Screams shit in.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by thanos-prime
That's not PIS tho It's assumed that in the movie these people are running for there lives and are running as fast as they can,No they don't always run into houses sometimes they just run through the woods and if we based this on the real world as you seem to be trying to then no matter how fast they ran he would still never catch up because he's walking but he still manages to.

Thats the point of the thread to assess the scenario and to post if you would survive and how, in a real world situation. It would be a pretty poor thread if you can only do the same things as the victims did in the movies, which led to their deaths by the way and that doesn't constitute survival in any form.

I mentioned the woods and that would slow a person down considerably (as they did in the movies) not to mention the possibly of turning an ankle or becoming lost with Jason having better knowledge of the environment than me. Plus Jason lives there as evidenced by his shack, who knows how many he has? The second option for these movies are indeed the houses, they underestimate Jason's strength and think by simply having a door in front of them they are safe, granted there are weapons but I'd rather not be trapped myself.

Myself, I'd take the road leading from CCL and keep on running, I can't swim so the lake itself isn't a means of escape for me and I've already discounted trapping myself in a house or even slowing myself down in a wood. I will revise my opinion on Myers because I've just remembered that he can drive so if he couldn't catch me on foot then he would simply run me down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.