Lions versus Velociraptors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The two crazed lions from "Ghost and the Darkness" versus two Velociraptors from "Jurassic Park."

Stalking battle. Both sides, working as a team as they did in their movies, are to hunt each other down and kill.

Battle takes place at night, around where the bridge was being built in the Lions movie.

Who wins? Kinda leaning towards the Lions, their stealth bordered on the supernatural.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

The two crazed lions from "Ghost and the Darkness" versus two Velociraptors from "Jurassic Park."

Stalking battle. Both sides, working as a team as they did in their movies, are to hunt each other down and kill.

Battle takes place at night, around where the bridge was being built in the Lions movie.

Who wins? Kinda leaning towards the Lions, their stealth bordered on the supernatural.

Lol, fail.

Rogue Jedi
Bring it, then.

Robtard
Bring it, then.

Raptors. They're far smarter, use advanced hunting tactics and likely more lethal with those massive claws on their legs and mouth full of pointy teeth.

Rogue Jedi
And their neck is easily snapped when a Lion creep creeps on them. Unless the Lion is outstalked.

The Lions were pretty damn smart, dude.

Robtard
And their neck is easily snapped when a Lion creep creeps on them. Unless the Lion is outstalked.

The Lions were pretty damn smart, dude.

Remind me how their necks are "easily snapped", been a good 10 years since I've seen JP?

Not as smart as the velociraptors who used decoy-tactics to outsmart their 'great white hunter' (unlike the lions) and you know, figured out how doors work. That's pretty smart.

Rogue Jedi
Lion's mouth easily wraps around Raptor neck, muscle flex, snap.

Smart, eh? You do realize that the Lions outsmarted Remington, a world class hunter? I seem to remember the Raptors being outsmarted by a little girl.

But yeah, they're smart.

Robtard

Smart, eh? You do realize that the Lions outsmarted Remington, a world class hunter? I seem to remember the Raptors being outsmarted by a little girl.

But yeah, they're smart.

Since you said it, it must be true.

And those lions ended up as rugs. How?

They're really smart, like ape-smart, maybe higher. Far above lions.

ares834
The raptors alos outsmarted a world class hunter.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhufw8QKMb1qaxxvao1_400.gif

Anyway the raptors are insanly intelligent, even able to make rather nice traps for their victims as seen in JP III. Plus they can run at cheetah speeds and jump 10 feet straight upwards.

Impediment
Ape-like intelligence, cheetah speeds, astonishing jumpers, pack mentality, razor toes, claws, and teeth.

Yeah, the Raptors pounce on the lions and eat them.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ares834
The raptors alos outsmarted a world class hunter.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhufw8QKMb1qaxxvao1_400.gif

Anyway the raptors are insanly intelligent, even able to make rather nice traps for their victims as seen in JP III. Plus they can run at cheetah speeds and jump 10 feet straight upwards.

So we're comparing that guy to Remington now? K, let's do it.

All the speed and agility in the world won't help them IF a lion gets the drop on them. IF a lion gets ahold of their neck, it's over.

Originally posted by Robtard
Since you said it, it must be true.

And those lions ended up as rugs. How?

They're really smart, like ape-smart, maybe higher. Far above lions.

Missing the point. The Raptors were outsmarted by a little girl.

Impediment
The Raptors still outsmarted a world class hunter.

The raptors are also to quick and nimble to be caught by the lions.

Rogue Jedi
Speaking of traps, FF to 3:00 watch to the end:

JN0VPz7lseA

Yeah, the Lions are just as adept at setting traps. They're just as fast, have greater stealth, work just as good as a team, have a MUCH stronger bite, are MUCH stronger overall.

The only real advantage the Raptors have is their claws, and maybe agility.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
The Raptors still outsmarted a world class hunter.

The raptors are also to quick and nimble to be caught by the lions. Do I really need to name how many times the Lions outsmarted Remington and the others? Thing is, Remington knew the behavior of Lions and he was still outsmarted. The guy from JP? e was killed because he didn't factor in the hunting habits of the Raptors. Or else he just forgot. Remington>>>>JP hunter.

If the Raptors don't see the Lion til it's too late, if the Lion gets ahold of the Raptor, it's over.

Sadako of Girth
Raptors all the way.

Those lions be f***ed.

The Raptors will work together to pwn the cats, then give them lessons in testing electric fences systematically for weaknesses... (Never attacking the same spot twice)

Raptors knew to leave Samuel L Jackson's severed arm behind for maximum theatrical impact and psychological terror...fact.

NowYouRemember
Do I really need to name how many times the Lions outsmarted Remington and the others? Thing is, Remington knew the behavior of Lions and he was still outsmarted. The guy from JP? e was killed because he didn't factor in the hunting habits of the Raptors. Or else he just forgot. Remington>>>>JP hunter.

If the Raptors don't see the Lion til it's too late, if the Lion gets ahold of the Raptor, it's over. Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Speaking of traps, FF to 3:00 watch to the end:

JN0VPz7lseA

Yeah, the Lions are just as adept at setting traps. They're just as fast, have greater stealth, work just as good as a team, have a MUCH stronger bite, are MUCH stronger overall.

The only real advantage the Raptors have is their claws, and maybe agility.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Raptors all the way.

Those lions be f***ed.

The Raptors will work together to pwn the cats, then give them lessons in testing electric fences systematically for weaknesses... (Never attacking the same spot twice)

Raptors knew to leave Samuel L Jackson's severed arm behind for maximum theatrical impact and psychological terror...fact.

I love big cats and cats in general. I spent alot of spare time reading about them in previous years. Very interesting. stick out tongue

Anyway, the guy hunting the raptors is Roger Muldoon - an expert big game hunter and animal tracker who had been hunting the most dangerous animals across the world for many years.
He signed up to work in Jurassic Park for the challenge it would represent and the experience.

He was a very capable hunter and tracker.

The Raptors themselves are killing machines - fast, efficient and clever.
In a direct confrontation with a run of the mill Lion - I'd give it to the Raptors every time.

However, this pair of lions seem to be at peak size and very confident and motivated to kill.
The average lion possesses more than enough speed and strength to efficiently kill several humans in one fell swoop - however nowadays they're too leery to go near humans because they're able to make the connection between a firearm being present, and death.

A fully confident lion, motivated to kill and in peak physical size and condition, might actually manage to kill a raptor, and rip it to shreds afterwards.

Lions themselves have a body made up of thousands of highly-conditioned muscles and have incredible reflexes in tune with a high intellect.
When compared to a human with well conditioned musculature - think of Bruce Lee - every muscle toned for maximum killing. That's a cat.

Especially a Lion.

Now, if this pair managed to effectively sneak up on the raptors and get the drop, yeah, the dinosaurs are dead.

Now, could they?

Cat intellect is highly sophisticated compared to nearly all other animals, and I see the Lions being as least as intelligent.

If the Lions are better suited to the terrain and know it better, they will sneak up on the raptors.

That being said, the incredible sense of smell of either pairing of animals will alert them to each other's presence anyway.

I'm leaning to the Lions with this one, very slightly.

- On a last note, that movie looks hilariously awful and poorly acted. laughing
But it might be good for a Saturday night with a tub of popcorn? Who knows? big grin

The Pict
Do I really need to name how many times the Lions outsmarted Remington and the others? Thing is, Remington knew the behavior of Lions and he was still outsmarted. The guy from JP? e was killed because he didn't factor in the hunting habits of the Raptors. Or else he just forgot. Remington>>>>JP hunter.

If the Raptors don't see the Lion til it's too late, if the Lion gets ahold of the Raptor, it's over.

No one would know the hunting habits of any dinosaur since they had been extinct for so long and only recently had been cloned and brought back.

So I don't think he was outsmarted as such, but they got the drop on him because he didn't realise they were that intelligent or how they hunted.

RE: Blaxican
sighs.

Raptors rape lions and any other animal that exists today that isn't smart enough to use a gun.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
sighs.

Raptors rape lions and any other animal that exists today that isn't smart enough to use a gun. Rhinos, hippos, elephants, polar bears, grizzly bears, orcas, basically anything big and with teeth underwater although that is kind of cheating.

All would rape the raptors.

That is all. I have never seen the movie the lions are from.

RE: Blaxican
A pack of JP raptors would annihilate any one of those animals you listed, except the aquatic ones. Packs of wolverines can scare off Polar bear, ffs.

dadudemon
Not as smart as the velociraptors who used decoy-tactics to outsmart their 'great white hunter' (unlike the lions) and you know, figured out how doors work. That's pretty smart.

Here I come to shit on your parade.

Lions use decoy tactics as well as Leopards.

Additionally, house cats and dogs can open doors. As far as tricks go, you can train a Lion to do far more complex tasks than opening doors.

l_yHG0cTK8Q

I still think the Raptors take it because they are actually warm blooded and are far more equipped for a fight (meaning, they could fight for a while longer than most lizards.)

ares834
Originally posted by dadudemon

Additionally, house cats and dogs can open doors. As far as tricks go, you can train a Lion to do far more complex tasks than opening doors.

Sure, but raptors learned how to open doors by themselves. And they figured out how to do it within hours of escaping as well.

Rogue Jedi
Sure, but raptors learned how to open doors by themselves. And they figured out how to do it within hours of escaping as well. Mhm, and a lotta good it did them.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwnedd.jpg

They had her and her brother trapped, dude, and they STILL got burned.

These aren't just a coupla lions. They are killing machines, 100% in sync with each other. They are stronger, just as quick, and have better stealth. A lion's bite is 600 to 1000 pounds per square inch.

Lions rape here.

ares834
Yep. She really manged to pwn them hard with her computer. Those foolish raptors were unable to hack the system's mainframe and prevent her from locking those doors. But those Lions... I tell ya! They would have hacked the damn system before they even bothered attacking the children. In fact there brain power puts Stephen Hawking to shame!

Rogue Jedi
Let's compare the "traps" set by them.

The Lions, well, in th more vid I posted, that trap was gold, man. One Lion was like "Dude, here come the humans!!! K you go over here, munch on this native, I'm gonna CLIMB THIS BUILDING, wait for them to focus on you, and when they do, pounce!!!"

Far superior to the Raptors trap. Much more thought put into it.

What's all this talk about computer systems? This fights outside, in the Lion's backyard, dude. Sure, if the fight took place in a building with doors and shit, advantage. That's not the case here. The Lions worked together better as a team. They are stronger. They are just as quick. They have claws too. One bite to the neck and the Raptor is done.

ares834
Let's compare the "traps" set by them.

The Lions, well, in th more vid I posted, that trap was gold, man. One Lion was like "Dude, here come the humans!!! K you go over here, munch on this native, I'm gonna CLIMB THIS BUILDING, wait for them to focus on you, and when they do, pounce!!!"

Far superior to the Raptors trap. Much more thought put into it.

Ya, that trap is pure gold. I mean the raptors never did the same th... Oh wait a second! They did do the exact same thing in JP. Not to mention their far more sophisticated trap in JP3 which involved badly injuring a man so the other humans would try to help him out.

It's based on your so called "pwnge" by the girl.

Lol. Cheetah speed > Lion speed.

Rogue Jedi
Ya, that trap is pure gold. I mean the raptors never did the same th... Oh wait a second! They did do the exact same thing in JP. Not to mention their far more sophisticated trap in JP3 which involved badly injuring a man so the other humans would try to help him out.

It's based on your so called "pwnge" by the girl.

Lol. Cheetah speed > Lion speed.

That's not more impressive than the Lions trap, dude. The Lions were also able to sense traps.

Well, she did.

Combat speed. The Raptors have long ass necks, easy targets for the Lions.

Kazenji
This whole thread is fail

but oh Rogue Jedi is set in his ways.

Sadako of Girth
yes

NowYouRemember
Mm, I meant to say Robert Muldoon, not Roger. I was thinking of the historical figure. laughing

Anyway, Lions win.

Although more realistically, if the raptors pounced the lions, the lions would still kill the raptors as they died.

Ever play with a cat by poking it's belly with your fingers? They usually rear their head back instantly and bite.

Imagine two knife-sized canines, sinking into a raptors skull.

Either lions win, or all four animals die.

Sadako of Girth
If those raptors attack by jumping on the lion's back with their teeth and of course those claws, that Lions're getting opened up.

Even if the raptor is on it's back, withthe Lion on top, that Raptor should still shred Lenny and his friend.

NowYouRemember
If those raptors attack by jumping on the lion's back with their teeth and of course those claws, that Lions're getting opened up.

Even if the raptor is on it's back, withthe Lion on top, that Raptor should still shred Lenny and his friend.

Maybe. Lions are heavy as hell, though.

I don't disagree the lions would die at all.

I'm saying that the raptors would also die in the process.wink

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
This whole thread is fail

but oh Rogue Jedi is set in his ways. Yeah I'm not the only one on the Lions side, Bucko.

Let's do a body count.....How many did the Raptors kill in all 3 Jurassic Park movies? Because you know, the Lions had killed more than 100 in ONE movie. 100 Natives who were familiar with the land, dude. Not some geek scientists, kids or chain smoking black men.

/Thread.

MetalIsDead
Raptors wins. And little kids in Spielberg's movies are herald level, of course they'll pwn anything laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
shifty

100, dude.

Kazenji
WOOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHH

my Fail meter is going off its chart.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
WOOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHH

my Fail meter is going off its chart. O'rly? Do share with the group.

Superior screen feats= Win. The Lions have superior screen feats. Hell, there were only 6 people total killed in JP3.

MetalIsDead
shifty

100, dude.

Yeah, but the lions were hunting natives for years, living in the same land with them. Raptors were isolated and had little time to "interact" with humans, most of them armed with modern weaponry btw, not with sticks, sandals, bananas what whatever objects the natives may have had at hand on their day-to-day activities confused

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by MetalIsDead
Yeah, but the lions were hunting natives for years, living in the same land with them. Raptors were isolated and had little time to "interact" with humans, The natives were 100% familiar with the lions, knew to prepare, and STILL the Lions killed hundreds. Two of them, dude, they killed hundreds of natives who knew they were there, were familiar with them, who knew the land as well as they did.

And in the movie alone, the Lions kill far more than the Raptors killed. It's not even close.

Lulz, dude. A well placed arrow or spear does the dame job as a bullet. the natives had been hunting with those weapons for years, they were much more effective with them than you think. The mere fact that the Lions lasted that long, killing hundreds of men, speaks volumes for their hunting prowess.

FF to 2:06:

_J-rL3FHL80&feature=related

"Including the workers I've lost, how many do you think they've killed?"

"100, maybe more."

He didn't imply that it had been years either big grin

siriuswriter

You forgot the part where the wicked sharp inches long claw digs into the back of the Lion's neck.

Oh, and two raptors took down one T. Rex. They opened doors, cupboards, jumped suddenly and swiftly and... deadly.

You remember the beginning of JP? When the archaologist was like "T.Rex, Shmee Rex, but what about those RAPTORS?"

Lions are neither the fastest big cat nor the bravest. The males leave all the dirty work to the females. They wouldn't even know what to do with a raptor.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

I still think the Raptors take it because they are actually warm blooded and are far more equipped for a fight (meaning, they could fight for a while longer than most lizards.)

Hardly a shit.

Training, exactly. Far different than learning alone by watching a few times.

Because you're sensible.

the ninjak
I watched The Ghost and the Darkness recently and wasn't all that impressed by the lions. In many occasions they have the lions in the sights or in an easy trap but the hunters freak out everytime and screw up.
Even Val Kilmer's character freezes and misses an easily shot.
The fear of the Lions was their greatest weapon.

The Raptors were far more impressive. But there's only 2 of em.
This fights isn't as one sided as many think here.
The Lions in the film are far more formidable in close combat.
The Raptors would definitely have to lure them into the bushes.
I'm not decided on the victor.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by siriuswriter
You forgot the part where the wicked sharp inches long claw digs into the back of the Lion's neck.

Oh, and two raptors took down one T. Rex. They opened doors, cupboards, jumped suddenly and swiftly and... deadly.

You remember the beginning of JP? When the archaologist was like "T.Rex, Shmee Rex, but what about those RAPTORS?"

Originally posted by siriuswriter B]
Lions are neither the fastest big cat nor the bravest. The males leave all the dirty work to the females. They wouldn't even know what to do with a raptor.

True, actually! laughing

I forgot that Lionesses are the true badasses of that particular species.

If two were in their physical prime, and in peak size whilst also having good motivation (hunger, for instance) then I still say it would be a challenge for the dinosaurs.

Oh, and two raptors took down one T. Rex.

Hm. When? At the end of JP, two Raptors attacked a T-Rex, and one got picked up in it's jaws and hurled into a wall, and the other got it's neck snapped, I think.

I don't recall a pair of raptors ever beating a T-Rex.

I've heard of cases where a Lion or pair of lions have beaten an elephant, though.

Robtard
Originally posted by NowYouRemember

I've heard of cases where a Lion or pair of lions have beaten an elephant, though.

A baby or sick elephant. A healthy adult, it takes a pack of lions and at night.

NowYouRemember
A baby or sick elephant. A healthy adult, it takes a pack of lions and at night.

Now that would be interesting to look into. wink

Rogue Jedi
You forgot the part where the wicked sharp inches long claw digs into the back of the Lion's neck. haermm Sure, with those stubby little arms. Even so, the raptor's neck will be snapped instantly.

Cool, this a direct fight now?

That's because the Raptors were like......inside the building......It was more capable of pursuit.

Well it's a good thing we're not talking about lions in general, innit? wink These lions were all roided up and mentally unstable.

Rogue Jedi
Now let's talk size.

The Raptor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velociraptor

Velociraptor was a mid-sized dromaeosaurid, with adults measuring up to 2.07 m (6.8 ft) long, 0.5 m (1.6 ft) high at the hip, and weighing up to 15 kg (33 lb).

The Lion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion

The lion (Panthera leo) is one of the four big cats in the genus Panthera, and a member of the family Felidae. With some males exceeding 250 kg (550 lb) in weight.

As for the T Rex being taken down by the raptors, the Lions are far quicker than a damn T Rex. The raptor's try clawing them, they're gonna have their heads caved in by a Lion paw. One Lion bite is gonna crush any part of the Raptors.

Robtard
Now let's talk size.

The Raptor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velociraptor

Velociraptor was a mid-sized dromaeosaurid, with adults measuring up to 2.07 m (6.8 ft) long, 0.5 m (1.6 ft) high at the

The Lion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion

The lion (Panthera leo) is one of the four big cats in the genus Panthera, and a member of the family Felidae. With some males exceeding 250 kg (550 lb) in weight.

As for the T Rex being taken down by the raptors, the Lions are far quicker than a damn T Rex. The raptor's try clawing them, they're gonna have their heads caved in by a Lion paw. One Lion bite is gonna crush any part of the Raptors.

LoL, EPIC FAIL.

I'll give you 15mins to figure it out, if so, I'll edit this out. YOU CAN DO IT!

KingD19
Seriously RJ, are you trying to use actual Raptor specs, when actual raptors were basically tiny, scaly birds?

Deinonychus is actually the species they were calling velociraptor in the movie, and they are not the same. But they were in the same genus at the time, and the Deinonychus is much more dangerous.

Let's see, 6 feet tall on average, 9 feet long, and 200lbs. And if we use the Alpha female, the one who killed 5 raptors by herself, and was a f*cking super genius...yes the raptors win.

KingD19
And let's not forget the Alpha Female, aka the Big One took 2 spas 12 shots and didn't die.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
A pack of JP raptors would annihilate any one of those animals you listed, except the aquatic ones. Packs of wolverines can scare off Polar bear, ffs. Afraid not. They could not actually hurt the rhino, who could gore them easily. Same with the elephant or hippo actually. In a pack they may be able to take down a grizzly, but the polar bear? Probably not. They could crush the raptor's skull with one paw swipe. Those dudez drag Beluga Whales onto the ice and kill them brah.

Uh, no, you may have seen a wolverine scare off a small black bear, as I have, but not a polar bear.

Also, I am just gonna point out that killing the lions via going for the neck is relatively unlikely, their mane kind of gets in the way of such things.

Unless these are wmn lions or something.

Robtard
The Ghost and The Darkness were maneless males, at least in real life. I don't recall if the film captured this.

NemeBro
Maneless males?

That takes one of their best defense mechanisms away from them, lol.

Oh yeah and RJ the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park made Paleontologists cry. They are not really accurate to what they were IRL, lol. They were smaller and had feathers.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by NemeBro
Maneless males?

That takes one of their best defense mechanisms away from them, lol.

Oh yeah and RJ the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park made Paleontologists cry. They are not really accurate to what they were IRL, lol. They were smaller and had feathers.

Utah raptors are around JP size.

NemeBro
I WASNT ****ING TALKING ABOUT UTAH RAPTORS!

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro

YEah, the JP raptors were based more on Deinonychus, and they were pretty big

Nephthys
Why wouldn't you talk about Utah Raptors? They're only like the best raptors ever!

NemeBro
I just kinda assumed the Jurassic Park people didn't give a shit and made the dinosaurs look however the hell they wanted. Although IIRC that was carried from the book.

It could also be a case of Science Marches On.

KingD19
Originally posted by KingD19

Deinonychus is actually the species they were calling velociraptor in the movie, and they are not the same. But they were in the same genus at the time, and the Deinonychus is much more dangerous.

Let's see, 6 feet tall on average, 9 feet long, and 200lbs. And if we use the Alpha female, the one who killed 5 raptors by herself, and was a f*cking super genius...yes the raptors win.

And yeah, like I said, at the time Deinonychus was a part of the raptor genus, so they used the obviously more dangerous/scary/bigger one.

Robtard
You're talking to yourself, bro.

KingD19
You're talking to yourself, bro.

Shhhh, if you tell people, they'll know. embarrasment

ares834
Originally posted by Daemon Seed
Utah raptors are around JP size.

Utahraptors are far bigger.

Rogue Jedi
Seriously RJ, are you trying to use actual Raptor specs, when actual raptors were basically tiny, scaly birds?

No, just quoting actual raptor and lion specs. The JP raptors are obviously bigger, as are the lions.

Super genius? Lulz. I started the thread with just two run of the mill JP raptors, you know. I was thinking the ones killed by the T Rex in JP1.

But OK, use the chick. She's on unfamiliar ground being hunted by Lions who are just as quick, stronger, bigger and have far superior stealth. And yes, they are smart enough to lay traps for her.

One Lion bite and a raptor is done. Lions have longer reach from what I can tell. One paw swipe and their head is caved in.

siriuswriter
haermm Sure, with those stubby little arms. Even so, the raptor's neck will be snapped instantly.

"Stubby little arms?"

Silly rabbit, don't you know that raptors fight with their legs and feet?

Lion moves to "hug" raptor with front paws to get close enough to wrap jaws around neck... but the raptor flips under the lion and digs those two wicked talons on the back of their feet into lion's back. Lion paralyzed. Lion dead.

Oh. 'Cause I was talking about the beginning, before they got to the island. When he was teasing the fat kid, and took his little talon talisman and raped him with it.

And thanks for ceding the point that raptors adapt to their environments lots quicker.

Impediment
I seriously cannot believe that this thread made it past one page.

Rogue Jedi

"Stubby little arms?"

Have you looked at a sketch of even just the skeleton of a raptor?

Lion moves to "hug" raptor with front paws to get close enough to wrap jaws around neck... but the raptor flips under the lion and digs those two wicked talons on the back of their feet into lion's back. Lion paralyzed. Lion dead.

Not gonna happen, bro. The raptors are never gonna see the lions. The lions displayed far superior stealth. This is fact and you need to accept it. All the raptor can do is feel it's neck snap. Lion= Stronger, quicker, longer reach, superior stealth.

I did? haermm I was talking about them being smaller, doofus.

dadudemon

Ditto.

I think people just like talking about animals, though. That's not problem, imo. I think most of us were the nerds in the 5th grade that read animal and military books. big grin

KingD19

Super genius? Lulz. I started the thread with just two run of the mill JP raptors, you know. I was thinking the ones killed by the T Rex in JP1.

She was one of the raptors killed by the T-Rex. And yes, she displayed outstanding problem solving skills. For a dinosaur who'd never been exposed to any of this before hand, that's pretty smart. She was the one who killed the hunter, the one who figured out the door, the one who killed 5 other raptors with no help, the one who coordinated every raptor kill and attack in the first movie.

Rogue Jedi
She was one of the raptors killed by the T-Rex. And yes, she displayed outstanding problem solving skills. For a dinosaur who'd never been exposed to any of this before hand, that's pretty smart. She was the one who killed the hunter, the one who figured out the door, the one who killed 5 other raptors with no help, the one who coordinated every raptor kill and attack in the first movie. Not a math quiz, dude.

Rogue Jedi
I seriously cannot believe that this thread made it past one page. I know, right? When you consider:

1. The Lions outweigh the raptors at least 3 to 1
2. The lions showed superior stealth
3. The lions are stronger
4. The lions have stronger bites
5. The lions have longer reach
6. The lions have home field advantage
7. The lions had better screen feats

Lions rape.

Zack Fair
Raptor bada solos.

Robtard
Not gonna happen, bro. The raptors are never gonna see the lions. The lions displayed far superior stealth. This is fact and you need to accept it. All the raptor can do is feel it's neck snap. Lion= Stronger, quicker, longer reach, superior stealth.

Do you actually believe the shit you spew? Serious question.

Stealth at hiding from people, the raptors are full blown predators themselves.

How do you know a lion would just "snap" a Raptor's neck?

How do you know a lion is stronger? The JP Raptors are fictional.

The lions certainly aren't quicker. The JP Raptors were running 50-60 mph in the second film.

The lions certainly aren't smarter

Reach? Maybe. Also, those front limbs are tiny or useless, they're claws.

Rogue Jedi
Do you actually believe the shit you spew? Serious question. Calm down.

And the lions showed superior predatory skills.

Because the raptors have skinny necks and the Lions in question were shown ripping humans apart with ease.

Going by what I saw onscreen.

Combat speed.

They are at least on par.

Reach? Maybe. Also, those front limbs are tiny or useless, they're claws. Mhm, and one swipe of a lion's paw is gonna clean a raptors clock.

0mega Spawn

BruceSkywalker
after reading this thread..

this is the one true answer.... Originally posted by Zack Fair
Raptor bada solos.

Sadako of Girth
Calm down.

embarrasment

Oh dear.
Robtard hasnt been uncalm.

He asked a question.
And was met with more deliberate obtuse silliness.

Sounds like more unnecessary defensive posturing to me on RJ's part.
(RJ usually throws that one in lately when he is embarrassed by a question....)

Robtard
Calm down.

And the lions showed superior predatory skills.

Because the raptors have skinny necks and the Lions in question were shown ripping humans apart with ease.

Going by what I saw onscreen.

Combat speed.

They are at least on par.

Mhm, and one swipe of a lion's paw is gonna clean a raptors clock.

Oh boy, another one of these threads.

How? Both stalked humans and were successful.

Those necks aren't that skinny. The JP Raptors were shown ripping apart humans with ease, Samuel Jackson was eaten with only his arm left remaining.

What did you see on screen that makes the lions stronger? In JP3, a Raptor snaps a man's neck with a simple little twist.

Where did the lions show superior "combat speed"? Show or name the scene(s).

"At least on par"? The Raptors have shown high primate intelligence. Setting traps, playing on human emotions, figuring out doors, testing the weakness of their prison etc. Helps if you've seen all the JP films. Name the scene(s) where the lions showed this in kind of IQ?

Where do you get "one swipe will kill a raptor" from?

Rogue Jedi
Oh boy, another one of these threads.

How? Both stalked humans and were successful.

Those necks aren't that skinny. The JP Raptors were shown ripping apart humans with ease, Samuel Jackson was eaten with only his arm left remaining.

What did you see on screen that makes the lions stronger? In JP3, a Raptor snaps a man's neck with a simple little twist.

Where did the lions show superior "combat speed"? Show or name the scene(s).

"At least on par"? The Raptors have shown high primate intelligence. Setting traps, playing on human emotions, figuring out doors, testing the weakness of their prison etc. Helps if you've seen all the JP films. Name the scene(s) where the lions showed this in kind of IQ?

Where do you get "one swipe will kill a raptor" from?

Indeed, my response was retaliatory. I heart you heartbeat

Because the Lions did so over at least a year, killing more than 100. 100 natives who knew the land, who were as efficient with their weapons as we are with guns, who knew they were being hunted. The Lions lasted that long without being caught.

The Lions are way bigger, more muscle mass. The V-Raptors weighed 200ish pounds, the Lions around 650-700. Do the math.

Man's neck FTW? Hell, Riggs does the same.

I'm talking about Lions in general. These lions are far faster than regular lions.

The scene where the lions laid the trap and killed the curly haired faggy looking guy, I posted it.

Well, at the very least, a paw swipe will knock a raptor on it's ass.

Robtard
Indeed, my response was retaliatory. I heart you heartbeat

Because the Lions did so over at least a year, killing more than 100. 100 natives who knew the land, who were as efficient with their weapons as we are with guns, who knew they were being hunted. The Lions lasted that long without being caught.

The Lions are way bigger, more muscle mass. The V-Raptors weighed 200ish pounds, the Lions around 650-700. Do the math.

Man's neck FTW? Hell, Riggs does the same.

I'm talking about Lions in general. These lions are far faster than regular lions.

The scene where the lions laid the trap and killed the curly haired faggy looking guy, I posted it.

Well, at the very least, a paw swipe will knock a raptor on it's ass.

Sure, if we ignore that JP took place in an isolated preserve, the Raptors where initially caged and there where only a handful of human.

Bigger yes, but these Raptors are fictional; I have no idea how strong they're supposed to be. I do recall a raptor smashing through plate glass. So again, where did the lions show greater strength?

I rarely watch your clips, as most of the time you see something completely different than what is actually shown. The raptors were smart enough to wound a man and leave him as bait, preying on human emotions that someone would come in to save the guy and fall prey themselves. Did the lions do anything like this?

Again, where do you get "a swipe will knock a raptor on its ass" from? Also a far cry from the previous "will crush."

Rogue Jedi
Sure, if we ignore that JP took place in an isolated preserve, the Raptors where initially caged and there where only a handful of human.

Bigger yes, but these Raptors are fictional; I have no idea how strong they're supposed to be. I do recall a raptor smashing through plate glass. So again, where did the lions show greater strength?

I rarely watch your clips, as most of the time you see something completely different than what is actually shown. The raptors were smart enough to wound a man and leave him as bait, preying on human emotions that someone would come in to save the guy and fall prey themselves. Did the lions do anything like this?

Again, where do you get "a swipe will knock a raptor on its ass" from? Also a far cry from the previous "will crush."

And? Fact is the lions did it. The raptors had trouble with two kids, dude.

It's math, dude. The Lions outweigh them at least 3 to 1.

K, and the lions were smart enough to have one out in the open munching on a native, and when Kilmer rounded the corner and prepared to shoot it, the other lion was above and behind him on the roof. Classic decoy trap.

Will crush was a bit much I admit. Because the lions have much more muscle mass. It's like comparing Marv to McClane.

Robtard

It's math, dude. The Lions outweigh them at least 3 to 1.

K, and the lions were smart enough to have one out in the open munching on a native, and when Kilmer rounded the corner and prepared to shoot it, the other lion was above and behind him on the roof. Classic decoy trap.

Will crush was a bit much I admit. Because the lions have much more muscle mass. It's like comparing Marv to McClane.

PSI. The kids weren't going to die in a PG-13. The raptors are lethal predators; it's shown, just deal with it.

So weight = strength and that's that? Fail.

Not only does that feat not show greater intelligence that the one I mentioned, the raptors did similar in the first film. So no, lions aren't smarter.

Again, we're talking about fictional animals. They could be 200lbs, but be mostly muscle and/or have denser muscle. Granted, I have no idea, but I'm not making claims to fact either way.

Another think we're ignoring (well, I know why you're ignoring it) is natural weaponry. Raptors have a mouth filled with razor teeth made to slice off flesh, not grab and hold. They've also have 6-inch claws on their feet.

Sadako of Girth
(EDIT: Double post)

Sadako of Girth

The raptors were hunting on slick polished floors against hacker smartass kids who were able to lock all the doors etc...and if it wasnt for that T-Rex showing up (A TRex that would have swallowed you lion in a couple of gulps, BTW) then those kids, Alan and his Missus, and Goldblum would have been doooooooooooooooomed.

Or McClane to Riggs, for that matter....

KingD19
And a raptor took two shotgun blasts without dying. I doubt a lion could take that and keep kicking.

Mindset
A lion could take 100.

Rogue Jedi
PSI. The kids weren't going to die in a PG-13. The raptors are lethal predators; it's shown, just deal with it. haermm WOW, dude.....

Sure, these things never come in handy during a fight!!!! eek!

They're at least on par.

K?

K, and the Lions have a bite that'll snap their neck like a twig, as well as claws too. And a longer reach.

Impediment
Originally posted by Mindset
A lion could take 100.

Shut up, Meg.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mindset
A lion could take 100. **** yeah. And they can teleport.

Robtard
haermm WOW, dude.....

Sure, these things never come in handy during a fight!!!! eek!

They're at least on par.

K?

K, and the Lions have a bite that'll snap their neck like a twig, as well as claws too. And a longer reach.

What's "wow", how you'll ignore the Raptors top feats and try to bring the debate to "they couldn't kill the children." In that case, the lions where killed by humans. The two raptors I have in mind had to be taken out by a 7 ton T-Rex, ergo by your logic, the raptors "rape" here on that merit alone. /thread

Non sequitor, dude. You made the claim that the lions are stronger. So prove it.

No, they're not on par. Laying a trap that factors in the emotions of your prey shows higher levels of intelligence.

K, make your case, as you're the one making the claims pulled from your ass.

Again, you have yet to prove that a fictional raptors neck would just "snap" instantly from a lions bite.

Rogue Jedi
What's "wow", how you'll ignore the Raptors top feats and try to bring the debate to "they couldn't kill the children." In that case, the lions where killed by humans. The two raptors I have in mind had to be taken out by a 7 ton T-Rex, ergo by your logic, the raptors "rape" here on that merit alone. /thread

Non sequitor, dude. You made the claim that the lions are stronger. So prove it.

No, they're not on par. Laying a trap that factors in the emotions of your prey shows higher levels of intelligence.

K, make your case, as you're the one making the claims pulled from your ass.

Again, you have yet to prove that a fictional raptors neck would just "snap" instantly from a lions bite.

The wow is you saying "The raptors didn't do it, but they could if they wanted."

Again, simple math. Is Butterbean stronger than you? I rest my case.

A trap is a trap, dude. The lions knew the hunters would focus on one while the other ambushed them.

I made my case. Go back and read again.

You ever see a lion fight?

Robtard
The wow is you saying "The raptors didn't do it, but they could if they wanted."

Again, simple math. Is Butterbean stronger than you? I rest my case.

A trap is a trap, dude. The lions knew the hunters would focus on one while the other ambushed them.

I made my case. Go back and read again.

You ever see a lion fight?

Considering they killed greater threats, like a skilled hunter with a spas, I'd say the children surviving was plot and not "the raptors are lame and stupid."

Yeah, except, Robtard and Butterbean aren't fictional genetically engineered creatures. So the case rest on you, which you have yet to properly present.

Yeah, no. One showed greater intelligence. So stop trying to down-play. That's a lame tactic you always resort too.

No, you didn't.

Yes. You've still to prove a lion would just "snap" a raptors neck, should it get that far, which is unlikely.

Rogue Jedi
Considering they killed greater threats, like a skilled hunter with a spas, I'd say the children surviving was plot and not "the raptors are lame and stupid." Lulz, greater threat. Dude was an idiot, plain and simple.

Nah, it relates. Outweighed over 3 to 1, the Lions are surely far stronger.

Both traps worked just as effectively.

Yes, I did.

Unlikely? The Lions, for the umpteenth time, were better hunters. They're on THEIR turf too.

the ninjak
Lions win this.
I'm actually surprised by some of the people here who are definite on the Raptors.

1. The Raptors intellect and adaptibility won't aid them here. The Lions were just as impressive.

2. It's the lions home turf.

3. Raptors shine when in packs of 5 or more. 2 won't cut it here.

4. What can the Raptors do cut the lions throats? those talons are for ripping open stomachs and throats. The Lions are too large. And their jugular is situated bhind/below their MOUTHS.

Lions win this 9/10.

Robtard
Lulz, greater threat. Dude was an idiot, plain and simple.

Nah, it relates. Outweighed over 3 to 1, the Lions are surely far stronger.

Both traps worked just as effectively.

Yes, I did.

Unlikely? The Lions, for the umpteenth time, were better hunters. They're on THEIR turf too.

Greater threats relative to the children. Yeah, I'm sure you would have done better with the spas; I've no doubt you'd have "pwned" all the raptors.

Because bigger = stronger as fact when we're dealing with fiction. Pull your head out of your ass, dude.

Yet one showed a greater level of intelligence. Dance all you like, this is fact. Might as well say a spear is equal to a gun, cos both will kill you the same with a hit through the heart.

No, you didn't.

Non sequiter. How does "better hunter" somehow mean "will snap neck" now? You've also yet to prove the lions are better at hunting.

KingD19
Weren't the raptors taking out guys less than 10 feet away from each other so silently that no one noticed?

Rogue Jedi
Weren't the Lions sneaking into camps dragging off fully grown men? Camps that had hundreds of people?

KingD19
Don't know, never saw the movie.

But the Raptors were taking down guys less than 15 feet away from each other, and were actively searching for the Raptors, with firearms. Did any of them even have time to let off a shot to try and survive, or warn the others?

Haven't seen JP in years and the details are fuzzy.

Rogue Jedi
They were.

The raptors were under cover of the tall grass.

I think......

Zack Fair
c9p5IVPr784

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Zack Fair
c9p5IVPr784 Like I said, they used the grass as cover. They try that shit on the lions and the lions will sense their presence far in advance.

Zack Fair
Those guys were kind of moronic too. Although it makes me wonder if the raptors managed to kill them before they could even scream. I mean if that was me I'd scream like the biggest pussy ever and shout profanity while I was being eaten alive.

Rogue Jedi
Watch this scene:

mEi1BV08Lxc

The hunters set a trap for the Lions. The Lions approached the trap, somehow sensed it was a trap, so they proceeded to the hospital.

Also, once at the hospital, they managed to sneak inside amongst 30ish men. Then they knew just which pole to collapse and which rope to pull to take down the tent.

But yeah, they're stupid.

Now, let's talk strength.

a1Pg4GsN6jA&feature=related

When the Lion enters the trap, look at how it shakes the steel barrier loose from it's foundations. Coupla more hits and it would have fallen.

One more thing, FF to 3:45

mhTXV96rQ1o&feature=related

The Lion climbed a tree. It literally climbed 30 feet up a tree. So, Lions climb a tree, wait for the raptors to near, then pounce on them. Game over. Also, check out the stealth, the Lions snuck in amongst two hunters who were actively searching for them. They snuck in over probably 100 feet of open ground, then amongst the bridge, and the hunters never saw them.

Robtard
Like I said, they used the grass as cover. They try that shit on the lions and the lions will sense their presence far in advance.

I see, so the Raptor's skill at stalking will fail; the lions will just sense them. But the lion's stalking will succeed; the raptors will fail at sensing them. Just cos, eh.

Just stop. Raptors are better stalkers. They're sneaking up and talking out hunters hunting them, not sleeping porters and workmen in a camp.

Sadako of Girth
Absolutely.

BTW... there were actually NINE raptors in Jurassic park.......
(Something the queen of downplay has forgotten to mention... roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Increasing the stompage to an absolutely rh-hh-hhiiii--diculous degree.

At the start of the movie, there were eight.... then "The Big one" gets added to the paddock and kills the others eventually leaving the two we see later on..... smile

Nine raptors Vs two lions (When it looks like two Raptors can get the job done, anyways) = Its definitely all over.

These Raptors also for the win, also:

http://images.wikia.com/aircraft/images/6/62/F-22A_Raptor.jpg

Robtard

Nine raptors Vs two lions (When it looks like two Raptors can get the job done, anyways) = Its definitely all over.
22A_Raptor.jpg

He made it a 2 on 2, it's already a stomp for the raptors as even numbrs. 9 would just be spite.

Sadako of Girth
Spite? Overkill certainly..... stick out tongue

These lions may very well be torn to pieces by "The big one" by itself, if its big and ferocious enough to have decimated the other raptors...

It certainly doesn't look good for Lennie:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42786000/jpg/_42786323_lenny203.jpg
"Hello? Protologists?!?? Ahhh...Good morning... Can I please book an appointment to get these Raptor's out of my lions' arse, please?"

BruceSkywalker
i've basically read this whole thread and i laughed a whole lot, been years since i've seen both films, but rob, sadako and others are correct to say the the raptors win

Rogue Jedi
I see, so the Raptor's skill at stalking will fail; the lions will just sense them. But the lion's stalking will succeed; the raptors will fail at sensing them. Just cos, eh.

Just stop. Raptors are better stalkers. They're sneaking up and talking out hunters hunting them, not sleeping porters and workmen in a camp.

Watch Ghost and the Darkness. It's a good flick. Not once are the lions pwned by a little girl. Wait, TWICE by two different little girls.

Just like not once are the raptors shown climbing 30 feet up a tree.

And lulz you ignored all this:

Watch this scene:

mEi1BV08Lxc

The hunters set a trap for the Lions. The Lions approached the trap, somehow sensed it was a trap, so they proceeded to the hospital.

Also, once at the hospital, they managed to sneak inside amongst 30ish men. Then they knew just which pole to collapse and which rope to pull to take down the tent.

When the Lion enters the trap, look at how it shakes the steel barrier loose from it's foundations. Coupla more hits and it would have fallen.

The Lion climbed a tree. It literally climbed 30 feet up a tree. So, Lions climb a tree, wait for the raptors to near, then pounce on them. Game over. Also, check out the stealth, the Lions snuck in amongst two hunters who were actively searching for them. They snuck in over probably 100 feet of open ground, then amongst the bridge, and the hunters never saw them.

Robtard
Watch Ghost and the Darkness. It's a good flick. Not once are the lions pwned by a little girl. Wait, TWICE by two different little girls.

Just like not once are the raptors shown climbing 30 feet up a tree.

And lulz you ignored all this:

I've seen the film.

I didn't ignore it, you're just buried yourself to deep in your nonsense argument to see that you're wrong. It's another on of these threads, oh well.

*farts*

Rogue Jedi
I've seen the film.

I didn't ignore it, you're just buried yourself to deep in your nonsense argument to see that you're wrong. It's another on of these threads, oh well.

*farts* You asked for proof of their intelligence, I gave. You asked for proof of their stealth, I gave. Same for strength.

Robtard
You asked for proof of their intelligence, I gave. You asked for proof of their stealth, I gave. Same for strength.

Which isn't as smart ad the raptors.

Never denied the lions didn't have stealth, but it isn't the same as the raptors picking off hunter grouped together.

Never denied the lions didn't have power, they're lions. I said how do you now they're stronger than fictional creatures.

*farts*

Rogue Jedi
Which isn't as smart ad the raptors.

Never denied the lions didn't have stealth, but it isn't the same as the raptors picking off hunter grouped together.

Never denied the lions didn't have power, they're lions. I said how do you now they're stronger than fictional creatures.

*farts* "They're lions."

There it is. They're "just lions." haermm Right?

Robtard
"They're lions."

There it is. They're "just lions." haermm Right?

They are in fact lions, RJ.

No, you're adding words/meaning. So what I said.

Rogue Jedi

No, you're adding words/meaning. So what I said. They're not just lions, dude. Only an idiot would make that claim, and the Robtard I know and love is no idiot.

Robtard
They're not just lions, dude. Only an idiot would make that claim, and the Robtard I know and love is no idiot.

No, you're adding words/meaning. So what I said.

Rogue Jedi
Good, glad we agree on that.

Sadako of Girth
Robtards right: They're just lions....full stop.

Dead lions at that. smile

thanos-prime
Watch this scene:

mEi1BV08Lxc

Looks to me like the lions approached the trap, "sensed" they were being shot at, and then proceeded to the hospital.

And yeah, they snuck inside a hospital with 30-ish SLEEPING men.

Also, the only reason the lion attacked the pole was because one man was climbing it to escape the lion.

Sadako of Girth
Velocipwned.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/CFace/raptor-jesus.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Looks to me like the lions approached the trap, "sensed" they were being shot at, and then proceeded to the hospital. Well yeah, they were skittish at first, scoped it out, then when the shots were fired, they went to the hospital.

There were also several men milling about, tending to them.

Watch closer. You're right, BUT, as the first lion clawed at the pole, the second grabbed a rope attached to it and pulled.

Also, in their first trap, the lion feasting on the native literally called out to the second lion when it was time to pounce.

Not exactly dumb animals, you know? If they were confronted with a damn T Rex, they'd be smart enough to retreat, not take it on. Idiot move by the raptors.

Sadako of Girth
Nah.

The lions would have died against the T-rex especially in retreating. The raptors are much faster than the lions and wouldn't have been able to escape most likely....if anything, it shows that the Raptors would not be the ones shitting themselves and running like little girls when confronted with danger. The lions running away against the T-Rex would count as withdrawal from the battlefield.

And now for a word or two from a much braver lion than either in this debate....

4trn2lJxl00

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.