Count Dooku Versus Master Arca Jeth and Ulic Qel-Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NowYouRemember
Place
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/InvisibleHandROTS.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/Arca_pointed_ears.jpg
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/Ulic_qel_droma.jpgVersus

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/6bdeb48a-9cf2-4eb6-8eab-81043c1f23f0_star_wars_jedi_CountDooku.jpg

Setting: The Invisible Hand during the battle above Coruscant.

Darth Tyranus is suprised to find instead of Anakin and Obi-Wan arriving to rescue the Chancellor, it's Jedi Master Arca Jeth and Ulic Qel-Droma, instead.

Jeth and Qel-Droma intend to attack Dooku together, and they do so.

Who wins?

1. Force

2. Saber

3. All out battle to the death

wink

Nephthys
Dooku for all of them. Its only close in the sabers, because Ulic is pretty frickin' haxxed. Arca Jeth might as well not be here. Dude died like a punk.

NowYouRemember
Been a while since I read those stories, but didn't Ulic manage to defeat Kun in a lightsaber duel?

And Kun is Dooku's equal?

Can't remember Ulic's Force abilities, though.

Nephthys
Ulic and Kun were perfectly stalemated.

Not in lightsaber combat.

Ulic did jack shit with the Force iirc.

Stealth Moose
Ulic, without the Force, was able to withstand a vengeful onslaught from Sylvar at a severe disadvantage. I lost the comic scans I had for it on my old hard drive, but I distinctly recall Sylvar getting frustrated because she could not kill him. Add to that the fact that he was Kun's equal and it stands to reason he would be a handful for Dooku on his own.

ares834
Nah she never did. She became frustrated when he quit fighting.

RagingBoner
I'm not terribly familiar with Arca Jeth's character, so I looked him up in ze Jedi Academy Taining Manual:

"Master Jeth is humble in victory and introspective in defeat. He is a master strategist who is well versed in lightsaber combat, but he rarely fights in duels." -- JATM, pg. 96.

"His mastery of the ability grows with each use, but he is not foolish enough to think himself invincible. Just as lightsaber combat has evolved over the centuries, Arca Jeth knows there will be others who will build upon his knowledge, someday bringing entire fleets together as one."

Interesting.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dooku for all of them. Its only close in the sabers, because Ulic is pretty frickin' haxxed. Arca Jeth might as well not be here. Dude died like a punk.

Wasn't he killed by some combat droid?

Nephthys
Yes. As he was lecturing about this awesome ability he had which can totally take down droids no prob. Cue him getting shot in teh back. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GenomeFrozener
So basically he died like a idiot standing still in a warzone, huh?

Nephthys
That is exactly what happened.

Aren't Jedi supposed to have precognition?

ares834
Lol that was what he was saying. "You must sense the threats you can not see." Cue getting killed by a droid.

RagingBoner
I simply find it interesting that, apparently, lightsaber combat and Force knowledge can actually progress over time, according to the JATM.

Janus will probably have a seizure if and when he sees it.

Galan007
Originally posted by RagingBoner
I simply find it interesting that, apparently, lightsaber combat and Force knowledge can actually progress over time, according to the JATM. Which makes sense. In general, the more you learn, the more you can progress in a particular area. Don't see why knowledge of the force, and/or skill with a lightsaber would be any different.

...Unless one were of the opinion that the aforementioned are unrefineable..?

Nephthys
Except that in Star Wars a great deal of knowledge is lost every few generations due to the constant fighting of the setting. The great library at Ossus was completely obliterated. Mlachor was too. Dark Side teachings and workings were actively destroyed by the Jedi. Palpatine purged the Jedi and gathered and hid their knowledge. Holocrons are actively destroyed, hidden or lost. Masters are killed before passing on their knowledge.

Etc Etc.....

Galan007
^ Very true... Thought about that after the fact.

But when someone like Palpatine is referred to as 'the most powerful Sith Lord who has ever lived' (or something along those lines), should we not take that as a reference to him being more powerful than the Sith of old lore, iyo?

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Very true... Thought about that after the fact.

But when someone like Palpatine is referred to as 'the most powerful Sith Lord who has ever lived', should we not take that as a reference to him being more powerful than the Sith of old lore, iyo?

No.

Galan007
Why is that?

Nephthys
Yeah, that would be stupid.

I mean its not like he can just go and talk to the ancient Sith any time he wants or anything!

http://24in1.com/videos/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/01679-300x225.jpg

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Galan007
Why is that?

I'm not quite sure. But that's what I've been told.

Galan007
durfslap

RagingBoner
I was, of course, being facetious. The Jedi, for example, grew more collectively powerful during the Rise of the Empire era.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.