post-shadowland daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bupj
i acknowledge that daredevil was superhuman and his skills were tuned up. after the beast came out of him, does he still have superhuman attributes and the MA skill. if not, could he replicate the same feats such as matching spidey, wolvie, iron fist, shang chi etc in a fight if he were extremely bloodlusted?

Daredevil1
If the Beast is gone, I don't see why he should keep any of it. He's at the top of the heap without it anyways. I see him struggling more with the likes of Spidey/Logan. And his record speaks very well for himself against Ironfist himself.(Not sure for the powered up Danny though)

Daredevil and Shang are the only non-enhanced fighters that do all there special tricks from just hard work.

When DD was amped he defeated Shang pretty easily IIRC. I could not see him doing that under normal circumstances.

It would be more similar like his encounters with Ironfist as a draw or it being very close at least.

Dum Dum Dugan
Wolverine, Spiderman and Iron Fist would beat DD almost if not every time. Though thats not to say he does not make them work for it.

Shang-chi would be a close fight, but I see shang-chi with slight majority due to chi manipulation.

SasuOna
Yeah hes superhuman now
He just got shot in the head and fell off a cliff and still kept going with all that blood loss in DD Reborn. His damage soak crazy now

Daredevil1
Originally posted by SasuOna
Yeah hes superhuman now
He just got shot in the head and fell off a cliff and still kept going with all that blood loss in DD Reborn. His damage soak crazy now

SasuOna.... DD states that the bullet only "grazed" his skull because he twisted away at the last second.
The small miracles he states. As he ponders why he is still alive. But nothing true superhuman there. Shoot in DD reborn #2 one of bad guys knocks Matt out cold with one hit to the back of the head using the butt of a pistol. Does that sound like superhuman to you?

I chalk up the blood loss and pain on his character of will and determination. Which Matt has done in the past before.

SasuOna
Originally posted by Daredevil1
SasuOna.... DD states that the bullet only "grazed" his skull because he twisted away at the last second.
The small miracles he states. As he ponders why he is still alive. But nothing true superhuman there. Shoot in DD reborn #2 one of bad guys knocks Matt out cold with one hit to the back of the head using the butt of a pistol. Does that sound like superhuman to you?

I chalk up the blood loss and pain on his character of will and determination. Which Matt has done in the past before.
My obvious hyperbole aside your doing a piss poor job of invalidating what happened as not superhuman. In fact I'm pretty sure that Matt pretended to get knocked out anyway but thats not exactly clear and its an obvious trope anyhow putting that aside.

No getting shot in the head,having said bullet graze your skull and falling a few hundred feet into shallow water and still living is obviously something a regular human is capable of surviving right?

In fact in Nocenti's run Typhoid Mary threw him off a bridge and he actually died.
Him surviving something like this while hes obviously not that determined to live as in the Typhoid Mary instance is just another instance of his power creep reaching superhuman levels( like it already hasn't in some areas).

Daredevil1
My obvious hyperbole aside your doing a piss poor job of invalidating what happened as superhuman.

No getting shot in the head,having said bullet graze your skull and falling a few hundred feet and still living is obviously something a regular human is capable of surviving right?

In fact in Nocenti's run Typhoid Mary threw him off a bridge and he actually died.
Him surviving something like this while hes obviously not that determined to live as in the Typhoid Mary instance is just another instance of his power creep reaching superhuman levels( like it already hasn't in some areas).

Regular humans have survived being shot SasuOna and grazed shots even easier. This one in particular because he moved away at the last second he stated it grazed him. The cliff height wasn't that high, you act like he fell off the empire state building. He landed in water.

Have you seen the stuff Punisher and Batman have endured? obviously a regular human can't survive what they bear either. Heck were was Matts superhuman ability when that regular bad guy knocked him out cold in DD reborn 2?

Your looking for something that's not there.

SasuOna
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Regular humans have survived being shot SasuOna and grazed shots even easier. This one in particular because he moved away at the last second he stated it grazed him. The cliff height wasn't that high you act like he fell of the empire state building.

Have you seen the stuff Punisher and Batman have endured? obviously a regular human can't survive what they bear either. Heck were was Matts superhuman ability when that regular bad guy knocked him out cold in DD reborn 2?

Your looking for something that's not there.
Not really answering my question now are you

Yep and your of course still ignoring how Matt got shot. everything he says before that and how high he fell.
Hell theres even a crane a the top of the cliff that you can scale yourself to get the cliffs height instead of trying divert from the point by bring up non factors

Matt even says his neck should have broke as soon as he hit the water.
He says and I quote "Powers,reflexes,training call it what you like none of that explains why I'm still alive but you think "Oh he moved at the last second so the bullet only grazed his skull" explains away everything else he said and the questions with him living through something like that?

Daredevil1
Not really answering my question now are you

Yep and your of course still ignoring how Matt got shot. everything he says before that and how high he fell.
Hell theres even a crane a the top of the cliff that you can scale yourself to get the cliffs height instead of trying divert from the point by bring up non factors

Matt even says his neck should have broke as soon as he hit the water.
He says and I quote "Powers,reflexes,training call it what you like none of that explains why I'm still alive but you think "Oh he moved at the last second so the bullet only grazed his skull" explains away everything else he said and the questions with him living through something like that?

He did answer the rest you just ignored it.

Quote. I didn't die from the blood loss. I didn't break my neck. I don't drown.

Matt:small miracles. Meaning he got lucky. Not OMG Matts superhuman now use some common sense.

I think it went over your head. So pay attention.

After he answered it with small miracles.
As you said correct,"None of it including the training or the miracles "seems" enough to answer "Why am I still alive?" instead of "I'm still alive? You see Matt is kind of having trouble, as he's blaming himself for the bad things that the Demon did fighting his friends/killing Bullseye etc etc.
As with the kids conversation you can tell Matt blames himself for the bad stuff that recently happened and thus is struggling to find purpose and is lost. Hence why he's "wandering" around and ended up in a small town. The boy even pointed out that he didn't even fight back that group and Matt answerd because he felt he deseverved to get beat up. He's having trouble finding meaning in life right now. It was a life meaning question, but like I said you didn't catch it.

Seriously read the book again and you might understand the context of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.