Zoom W/SF Vs Runner W/Gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
I know both haven't done much, but which is potentially more powerful? For anyone who wants to know the true potential of the SF, read Flash 12.

Lord Feron
Potentially? Runner w/ gem.

Prep-Man
I think it's close, tbh. Zoom is unlocking some true power. Power the Flash's never even realized.

celestialdemon
Runner with the Gem is potentially more powerful.

BullwinkleMoose
Runner

Prep-Man
Any reasons?

CosmicComet
He looks cooler.

Prep-Man
Runner? He looks kinda dumb, tbh.

CosmicComet
He looks awesome to me.

Anyway, tie really.

There's nothing faster than an instant. Which they can both achieve.

Galan007
Potentially, as in "who would be more powerful if they realized the true extent of their powers"?

Definitely Zoom. Time manipulation trumps space manipulation.

BullwinkleMoose
Zoom wouldn't be able to attack Runner. I don't see how he would have a chance.

Uriel005
Runner can't control time just space. If Zoom timestops its moot as Runner isn't faster than Flash so he couldn't keep up with timestop Zoom.

BullwinkleMoose
Zoom can't attack Runner though due to his Aura. Best Zoom can hope for is a Stalemate.

Prep-Man
Zoom doesn't need to touch him, anyway.

BullwinkleMoose
He needs to get close enough to attack him and with him not having knowledge of Runner he won't know to avoid the aura until it is too late.

Prep-Man
W/ The speed force, he doesn't have to get close.

BullwinkleMoose
What on panel is there to show him regularly attacking from extreme distances? My sense is that he gets close, especially against a new opponent their 1st battle

kgkg
Runner easy.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
What on panel is there to show him regularly attacking from extreme distances? My sense is that he gets close, especially against a new opponent their 1st battle

W/ the SF he is connected to everyone and everything. It's a universal power.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by kgkg
Runner easy.

No.

kgkg
Originally posted by Prep-Man
No. That's it?

BullwinkleMoose
W/ the SF he is connected to everyone and everything. It's a universal power.

So then there is nothing on panel to show him attacking a new opponent from an extreme distance?

Prep-Man
What?

vince_slice
Originally posted by Galan007
Potentially, as in "who would be more powerful if they realized the true extent of their powers"?

Definitely Zoom. Time manipulation trumps space manipulation.

How does it trump space? Runner can simply make the distance of any movement or attacks by Zoom always = 0. Meaning he could make Zoom never move, literally, because movement or action itself requires distance. Doesn't matter how much time you have, if your distance is = 0, your time will always = 0.

Uriel005
Originally posted by vince_slice
How does it trump space? Runner can simply make the distance of any movement or attacks by Zoom always = 0. Meaning he could make Zoom never move, literally, because movement or action itself requires distance. Doesn't matter how much time you have, if your distance is = 0, your time will always = 0. But he has to manipulate the gem to do so. If time is stopped and he can't manipulate the gem then the gem is worthless...

Prep-Man
So then there is nothing on panel to show him attacking a new opponent from an extreme distance?

Walter West w/ speed force attacked at a distance against some of the Rogues.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Uriel005
But he has to manipulate the gem to do so. If time is stopped and he can't manipulate the gem then the gem is worthless...

Then it would depend on who has the faster trigger hand. Also it would be unfair to assume Zoom powers are already activated before the battle even started.

Black bolt z
Potentially? Runner.

The space gem lets you be anywhere and no where at once. So Runner could literally make it impossible for zoom to attack him.

Theoretially Zoom can do the same but...

Galan007
Originally posted by Uriel005
But he has to manipulate the gem to do so. If time is stopped and he can't manipulate the gem then the gem is worthless... thumb up

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Potentially? Runner.

The space gem lets you be anywhere and no where at once. So Runner could literally make it impossible for zoom to attack him.

Theoretially Zoom can do the same but...

But what? Zoom would just be as fast, IMO.

Black bolt z
But what? Zoom would just be as fast, IMO. Assuming he is using it to its fullest potential couldn't Runner just make Zoom run through an endless loop? Like put two portals 1 nanometer away form each other so when he starts running he just runs through the same place over and over and cannot escape?

Thats assuming its to fullest potential which I don't see happening though.

Prep-Man
Well, Zoom said something like he can traverse realities, so I'm not sure.

vince_slice
But what? Zoom would just be as fast, IMO.

Sorry but that's not how speed works.

Zoom's speed is based on his ability to control his time.

E.g., Speed = Distance/Time (Zoom controls the bolded part)

If Distance = 1 meter, and Zoom manipulates time to the point where Time = 0.0000000001 seconds, then Speed = 1/0.000000001

Therefore his Speed = 10000000000 meters per second (very fast).

He could go faster the closer he manipulates his Time closer to 0.

But the main problem for Zoom is Runner controls the other variable, which is Distance.

Speed = Distance/Time (Runner controls the bolded part).

If Runner makes Distance = 0 for Zoom, no matter how much he manipulates Time, Zoom's Speed will always = 0.

E.g., Speed = 0/0.00000000000000000000000000000000001

0 divided by anything always = 0.

Doesn't matter how much Zoom manipulates his time, if Distance = 0; then Speed will always be = 0. Zoom will be frozen, literally, he can't move, not even his molecules will be able to move and hence have an effect on anything at all. He will literally be frozen, which is ironic.

Prep-Man
That's if Runner can get to Zoom first.

vince_slice
That's if Runner can get to Zoom first.

He doesn't need to touch Zoom to effect his distance/space, he can just will it so.

Prep-Man
the same could be said for zoom. but we will know a lot more in the coming months for prof. zoom and zoom. im placing my bets on the one who can manipulate time.

Uriel005
He doesn't need to touch Zoom to effect his distance/space, he can just will it so. the operative word being will it. With time stopped how can he will something if even a thought for even the runner takes time.

h1a8
Sorry but that's not how speed works.

Zoom's speed is based on his ability to control his time.

E.g., Speed = Distance/Time (Zoom controls the bolded part)

If Distance = 1 meter, and Zoom manipulates time to the point where Time = 0.0000000001 seconds, then Speed = 1/0.000000001

Therefore his Speed = 10000000000 meters per second (very fast).

He could go faster the closer he manipulates his Time closer to 0.

But the main problem for Zoom is Runner controls the other variable, which is Distance.

Speed = Distance/Time (Runner controls the bolded part).

If Runner makes Distance = 0 for Zoom, no matter how much he manipulates Time, Zoom's Speed will always = 0.

E.g., Speed = 0/0.00000000000000000000000000000000001

0 divided by anything always = 0.

Doesn't matter how much Zoom manipulates his time, if Distance = 0; then Speed will always be = 0. Zoom will be frozen, literally, he can't move, not even his molecules will be able to move and hence have an effect on anything at all. He will literally be frozen, which is ironic.

Interesting.
Well I say this. You assume several things:
1. Runner can make the distance 0 and Zoom can't make the time 0.
2. Runner is smart enough and as shown the ability to masterfully manipulate the gem in such a fashion you are naming.
3. That runner will activate the gem before Zoom can get to him.
If it takes 1 microsecond for runner to activate the gem then Zoom would get to him before since that is an lifetime for Zoom.

vince_slice
Originally posted by h1a8
Interesting.
Well I say this. You assume several things:
1. Runner can make the distance 0 and Zoom can't make the time 0.
2. Runner is smart enough and as shown the ability to masterfully manipulate the gem in such a fashion you are naming.
3. That runner will activate the gem before Zoom can get to him.
If it takes 1 microsecond for runner to activate the gem then Zoom would get to him before since that is an lifetime for Zoom.

1. If Zoom makes Time = 0? Try inputting that into the formula for Speed and see the result.

Formula for speed is:

Speed = Distance/Time.

Tell me what happens when you divide a number by zero? In fact try dividing any number by zero and see the result.

2. Read the original OP, it says were debating about which power has more potential. So Runner using the space gem at its full potential/masterfully is relevant.

3. Runner is no slouch in the speed department. It all comes down to a quick draw basically. Like I said, Zoom's speed/reaction comes from his ability to control his own time. It'd be unfair to assume is powers are activated before the match begins.

King Kandy
Zoom can't attack Runner though due to his Aura. Best Zoom can hope for is a Stalemate.
People still attack him despite his aura. It's not some insurmountable thing it just makes him likeable.

SasuOna
Time to drop some Flash Facts on these peeps

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by SasuOna
Time to drop some Flash Facts on these peeps

yes please do...

h1a8
1. If Zoom makes Time = 0? Try inputting that into the formula for Speed and see the result.

Formula for speed is:

Speed = Distance/Time.

Tell me what happens when you divide a number by zero? In fact try dividing any number by zero and see the result.

2. Read the original OP, it says were debating about which power has more potential. So Runner using the space gem at its full potential/masterfully is relevant.

3. Runner is no slouch in the speed department. It all comes down to a quick draw basically. Like I said, Zoom's speed/reaction comes from his ability to control his own time. It'd be unfair to assume is powers are activated before the match begins.

1. Zoom would travel at infinite speed, nothing wrong with that in comics. You know in comics people have stopped time many times right?

2. You are right. My fault.

3. Runner may not be a slouch in reflexes but concerning zoom and flash it is hard not to be.

It all depends on who is first to activate their powers after the bell. Meaning, who has the fastest reflexes.

vince_slice
Originally posted by h1a8
1. Zoom would travel at infinite speed, nothing wrong with that in comics. You know in comics people have stopped time many times right?

2. You are right. My fault.

3. Runner may not be a slouch in reflexes but concerning zoom and flash it is hard not to be.

It all depends on who is first to activate their powers after the bell. Meaning, who has the fastest reflexes.

Like I said, try making Time = 0 in the speed formula. The result is certainly not infinite speed.

It all boils down to who ever can activate their powers faster. Like I said before it's unfair to assume Zoom's powers are activated to his max, and hence his reaction time is at it's max before the match even begins. This would give Zoom a tremendously unfair advantage in a quick draw match and in any forum fight in fact. Both should start off at their base level of power to equalize things.

red_light

Bouboumaster
I say Runner.
He was humiliating Thanos before the Mad Titan outsmart his ass.
Runner without his gem is faster that Silver Surfer, which mean he's stupidly fast. With the gem, he was at some place before even thinking of it.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I say Runner.
He was humiliating Thanos before the Mad Titan outsmart his ass.
Runner without his gem is faster that Silver Surfer, which mean he's stupidly fast. With the gem, he was at some place before even thinking of it.

yep being some where before you even know you want to be there is crazy.

Prep-Man
Zoom would run circles around thatnos as well. Same with Silver Surfer.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
Runner easy. Definitely.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by h1a8 1. Zoom would travel at infinite speed, nothing wrong with that in comics. You know in comics people have stopped time many times right? 2. You are right. My fault. 3. Runner may not be a slouch in reflexes but concerning zoom and flash it is hard not to be. It all depends on who is first to activate their powers after the bell. Meaning, who has the fastest reflexes.

zoom can pretty much muck with anyones time in any reality. one has control over space, the other time. this is a tough one.

Verizon Mobile

h1a8
Like I said, try making Time = 0 in the speed formula. The result is certainly not infinite speed.

It all boils down to who ever can activate their powers faster. Like I said before it's unfair to assume Zoom's powers are activated to his max, and hence his reaction time is at it's max before the match even begins. This would give Zoom a tremendously unfair advantage in a quick draw match and in any forum fight in fact. Both should start off at their base level of power to equalize things.

Moving x distance in 0 time implies infinite speed.
Characters in comics have stopped time and yet made movements while time is stopped. Zoom is not stopping his time but runner's.

But at base level of power, no one knows who would be the first to draw. And thus the debate is dead. So let's dig deeper. You are forgetting that zoom has the SF here. That means he does start the battle with astronomical reflexes (on the level of Wally or better). He doesn't need to spend time activating these reflexes as they are already activated by him having the SF. The only thing left is to decide who has shown the better reflexes, a flash at his best or runner at his best?
I would say flash has shown the better reflexes and thus gives zoom the best chance to activate his time powers before runner can activate the gem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.