Iron Man Vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Daemon Seed
Who wins this fight, Tony gets his full resources and a months prep. Hulk starts at base level 100 yards from Iron man in the Nevada desert.

Harbinger
Full resources and a month's prep? Why do you hate Hulk?

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Harbinger
Full resources and a month's prep? Why do you hate Hulk?

Well, Tony had prepared long in advance for WWH return to Earth and it did him no good. Are you saying, Tony can oneshot the Hulk from outerspace say and the Hulk, the strongest one there is is not really a threat.

Harbinger
Tony wouldn't one-shot Hulk, but with a month's prep, I don't see how he couldn't win here given one-sided prep.

the ninjak
Satellite beam + Archilles needle.
Force Fields and speed.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by the ninjak
Satellite beam + Archilles needle.
Force Fields and speed. He wouldn't even have to do that much just use one of his black hole bombs.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Daemon Seed
Well, Tony had prepared long in advance for WWH return to Earth and it did him no good. Are you saying, Tony can oneshot the Hulk from outerspace say and the Hulk, the strongest one there is is not really a threat.

I don't know if that counts the S.P.I.N. Tech he had was stolen although from what I can remember Tony himself said he didnt know if it would work on Hulk

Daemon Seed
Sooo, why when Tony has been working on contingency plans for dealing with the Hulk do they usually fail. He has had far more than a month to prepare Hulkbuster Armour etc and he usually loses. Is it purely CIS or PIS?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I don't know if that counts the S.P.I.N. Tech he had was stolen although from what I can remember Tony himself said he didnt know if it would work on Hulk

With Hulk you never know, but Amadeus believed they would, that's why he sabotaged it right?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Inventor: Stark Tech
Issue number: Incredible Hulk V1 614
Device: Negative Zone Teleporter Gun
Description of the device: A gun that teleports the target into the negative zone.
Scan:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4906/starktechnegativezonete.th.jpg

Speaks for itself.

red_light

Daemon Seed
I mean Tony once stalemated an enraged Hulk in old armour. Could he do this again?

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
With Hulk you never know, but Amadeus believed they would, that's why he sabotaged it right?

Hardball one of the initiative recruits stole it, when Stark fought Hulk it was empty but he didn't know.

Bouboumaster
Does Hulk got prep too?

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Does Hulk got prep too?

No, I want this to be a true test for the strongest one there is.

I mean Tony once stalemated an enraged Hulk in old armour. Could he do this again? no, hulk eats him. but with this much prep, it's just a matter of choosing a bfr method and tony wins

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by 753
no, hulk eats him. with this much prep, it's just a metter of choosing a bfr method

Let's ignore bfr as that's gay and for Thanos and the like and Tony after WWH says "no bfr, no homo".

hum...I'm skeptical of those satellite beams working a second time and hulk did overcome rulk's power drain... if that spin shit works stark wins, but without it, hulk might just thunderclap all stark's toys into dust and crush him inside the armor

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by 753
hum...I'm skeptical of those satellite beams working a second time and hulk did overcome rulk's power drain... if that spin shit works stark wins, but without it, hulk might just thunderclap all stark's toys into dust and crush him inside the armor

I kind of agree, what if Tony put's all his energy into one shot though?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I never understood why so many people enjoy bringing up their last battle and then turn around in disgust when their earlier interactions are brought up.

Hulk owning Rulk like that made as little sense as the ownage Rulk handed out earlier on. Loeb didn't give a shit about consistency but it is amusing when their latest encounter is used as a basis for power levels.

Not directed at you 753, I'm just giving an observation.

like in a repulsor ray blast? I think hulk can handle that, he's pushed through absurd blasts from vector, evenwhen his flesh was mostly flayed from his bones.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by 753
like in a repulsor ray blast? I think hulk can handle that, he's pushed through absurd blasts from vector, evenwhen his flesh was mostly flayed from his bones.

No like this:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/kryptonianmike/iron-man-smashes-hulk.jpg

oh I'd say that's even less likely to get a KO. remember the last time thor got pissed at stark? hulk would affirm the peking order even harder, I thinkt

Hyperion Prime
No like this:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/kryptonianmike/iron-man-smashes-hulk.jpg

Lol i posted that a couple of days ago for carver......he didn't like it one bit though.

Damborgson
The tranquilizers or whatever they were that stark used on hulk during WWH were blanks. Just look at the WWH the initiative. (I wish i had the scans to show you.) the only thing hulk resisted was a spike to the back of the head. once hulk was busy turning back into banner. (even if only momentarily) ironman would end him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
oh I'd say that's even less likely to get a KO.

wut

I think you're not aware of the context stick out tongue

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by 753
oh I'd say that's even less likely to get a KO. remember the last time thor got pissed at stark? hulk would affirm the peking order even harder, I thinkt

You do know that punch actually put Hulk down?Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Lol i posted that a couple of days ago for carver......he didn't like it one bit though.

It's a great punch, thank heavens for Scott Lang RIP

the ninjak
Originally posted by Damborgson
The tranquilizers or whatever they were that stark used on hulk during WWH were blanks. Just look at the WWH the initiative. (I wish i had the scans to show you.) the only thing hulk resisted was a spike to the back of the head. once hulk was busy turning back into banner. (even if only momentarily) ironman would end him.
thumb up

Though it's still questionable whether an Archilles needle would work on Hulk.
It worked like a charm on She-Hulk. But I reckon it would at least weaken Hulk long enough to activate Force Fields/Sonics and prepare for another round.

And Archille's Needles are adamantium syringes that release millions of nanites into a Hulk's bloodstream and forces their body to return to human state. It worked almost instantly on She-Hulk.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk wins.

Even when we know an inferior Iron Man can one shot an enraged Hulk. Why? What's changed?

DARTH POWER
Even when we know an inferior Iron Man can one shot an enraged Hulk. Why? What's changed?

Actually Iron Man was a beast in those days.

Defeated Terrax, stalemated the Silver Surfer. I dnt think we'll see that happening now. Also his strength feats seemed a lot stronger. There was no need for Hulk Buster armour in those days Lol.

And WWHulk is a lot tougher than that old Savage Hulk.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Yes he was sometimes,

Lost to Spymaster sometimes, had trouble with a dreadnaught.

Defeated Terrax, stalemated the Silver Surfer. I dnt think we'll see that happening now. Also his strength feats seemed a lot stronger. There was no need for Hulk Buster armour in those days Lol.

So are you saying feats from those days should not be used to argue in modern terms as the canonicity of said feats is dubious?

Surely an upgrade is an upgrade...amirite?

DARTH POWER

Surely an upgrade is an upgrade...amirite?

I dnt knw.. Im just saying he seemed a lot stronger then.. I remember one pic where he was pulling along several huge ships at once. When he beat Terrax he first destroyed an earth mass the size of Manhattan Terrax threw at him.

He just hasn't seemed that powerful in the last couple of decades.

Daemon Seed
I dnt knw.. Im just saying he seemed a lot stronger then.. I remember one pic where he was pulling along several huge ships at once. When he beat Terrax he first destroyed an earth mass the size of Manhattan Terrax threw at him.

He just hasn't seemed that powerful in the last couple of decades.

Yeah, I have the comics.. and no he hasn't seemed that powerful, look at when he for a short time hung toe to toe with Nefaria, using ye old power boost etc.

StiltmanFTW
Modern Iron Man hasn't seemed that powerful?

Pentagon IM one-shotted She-Hulk amped by Wanda.

Extremis IM raped Mallen, tangled with Sentry, treated Crimson Dynamo like a non-threat.

Extremis+ IM trapped Apoc from another reality in a forcefield, manhandled Ulik upgraded by High Evolutionary, went toe to toe with Thor.

DARTH POWER
Classic Iron Man one shotted She-Hulk without an Amp! Lol

DARTH POWER
Modern Iron Man hasn't seemed that powerful?

Pentagon IM one-shotted She-Hulk amped by Wanda.

Extremis IM raped Mallen, tangled with Sentry, treated Crimson Dynamo like a non-threat.

Extremis+ IM trapped Apoc from another reality in a forcefield, manhandled Ulik upgraded by High Evolutionary, went toe to toe with Thor.

Oh wait you meant She-Hulk was amped.. Well anyway Classic IM did one shot regular she-hulk, and was even worried he hit her too hard.. But the fight was literally just that.. One shot of his repulsor at point blank range.

Did he really go toe to toe with Thor and Sentry.. Iv not actually read any Extremis Iron Man stories so cant say.. But definetely pre-extremis Iron Man seemed to have a considerable downgrade to his 80's days.

Has Extremis Iron man got any considerable strength feats?? Anything like splitting an island in half, destroying a land mass the size of manhattan by just flying into it, towing sevral huge ships simultaneously???

rotiart
The needle intended for hulk but used on she hulk completely cleaned her DNA of all gamma radiation. She was from then on Jen Walters and had no way to go back to changing to hulk. So in she hulk they introduced this portal that said if you enter 616 while your dopple is here your body gains that dopples attributes... Another earths powerless Jen came To 616 using that portal and gained she hulks powers...(this alternate Jen is the same that slept with juggernaught and nit 616) Then she hulk lost her powers. When they realized that dopple was still in this universe jenn used the portal and gained her dopples attributes... Thus returning her powers...

If those nanotech had been used on hulk he would have been dead

playa1258
Hulk

malachai

Zack Fair
I thought Extremis Iron Man got a severe beatdown by Thor.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I thought Extremis Iron Man got a severe beatdown by Thor. Yes after Civil war when Thor was pissed cause they cloned him.

StiltmanFTW
Oh wait you meant She-Hulk was amped.. Well anyway Classic IM did one shot regular she-hulk, and was even worried he hit her too hard.. But the fight was literally just that.. One shot of his repulsor at point blank range.

Did he really go toe to toe with Thor and Sentry.. Iv not actually read any Extremis Iron Man stories so cant say.. But definetely pre-extremis Iron Man seemed to have a considerable downgrade to his 80's days.

Has Extremis Iron man got any considerable strength feats?? Anything like splitting an island in half, destroying a land mass the size of manhattan by just flying into it, towing sevral huge ships simultaneously???

Yes, she was. And Tony didn't even need to resort to repulsor blank at point blank, one flying punch put her down cool

"Toe to toe" with Sentry - no... but he did well and won via a plot device in the end.

Thor was enraged because he thought Stark betrayed him. Iron Man was holding back and trying to reason with him. Both were affected by Diablo's gas.

Depends on the suit methinks. There are some pre-Extremis armors that were impressive, one or two even were able to wreck Namor underwater...

Extremis focused more on speed and reflexes. Maybe we'll get some decent strength feats from Extremis+/Bleeding Edge.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I thought Extremis Iron Man got a severe beatdown by Thor.

Odinforce Thor. And I'm talking about Extremis Plus anyway.

rotiart
The iron man/ she hulk... Back when she hulk tried to punch the silver surfer and hurt her own hand in the process instead and norton dint flinch....
Before she went and upped her strength by increasing her human strength?.... Yah...

When Tony went against sentry it lasted like six panels. Tony he raced away for three panels. Sentry decides to go after Tony in like panel 4 and by panel 6 he had Tony laid out... Tony survived only because he later hacked cloc... Whig messed with bobs mind... Way to leave out just about everything and take it all out of context...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by rotiart
When Tony went against sentry it lasted like six panels. Tony he raced away for three panels. Sentry decides to go after Tony in like panel 4 and by panel 6 he had Tony laid out... Tony survived only because he later hacked cloc... Whig messed with bobs mind... Way to leave out just about everything and take it all out of context...

I said that Tony tangled with him, which he did, and that he won via a plot device (Cloc).

You do know that punch actually put Hulk down?

It's a great punch, thank heavens for Scott Lang RIP but we're discussing current hulk who is on wwh level here

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor was enraged because he thought Stark betrayed him. Iron Man was holding back and trying to reason with him. Both were affected by Diablo's gas.

IIRC, Stark was hesitant in the first panel but began attacking Thor and was pissed as well. He was also getting beaten down as I remember. Still, that's the best he has done against Thor in like, ever.

Thor is still >>>> Iron Man, even the current version. Points to Mangog. He has a habit of limiting himself against opponents unless shit is really hitting the fan.

Odinforce Thor. And I'm talking about Extremis Plus anyway.

For what it's worth, I believe JMS either intended that to be: (a) Classic Thor or (b) A Thor who was operating at classic levels. That's the only logical conclusion I can come to.

He performed about as well as one would expect against a non holding back Thor. He has always been noticeably inferior.

thor clearly stated he was simply not holding backa dn wasnt amped at all. stark just hadnt tasted his real power. hulk would pawn him too

leonidas
in the past, hulk NEVER owned IM. classic IM ko'd classic hulk, in fact. he stalemated him in that stupid hulk-armor.

this is a classic match up. tony could slug it out for a while but he's certainly not winning it that way. he does have a huge variety of options though. i'd say if he's smart, and uses all his weaponry he'd take this more often than not. assuming standard, non-wwh. if hulk is still currently at that level of strength it would be tough for tony.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, Stark was hesitant in the first panel but began attacking Thor and was pissed as well. He was also getting beaten down as I remember. Still, that's the best he has done against Thor in like, ever.

Exactly my point.

He shrugged off Thor's blast and his hammer strike, then he got pissed. Prior to that he was asking him what HE has done to him.

Thor is still >>>> Iron Man, even the current version. Points to Mangog. He has a habit of limiting himself against opponents unless shit is really hitting the fan.

He is.

For what it's worth, I believe JMS either intended that to be: (a) Classic Thor or (b) A Thor who was operating at classic levels. That's the only logical conclusion I can come to.

He performed about as well as one would expect against a non holding back Thor. He has always been noticeably inferior.

I know, I read the dialogue... "you've been working out?/no, the only difference is I'm not holding back this time". Thing is, Straczynski came up later with that Bor issue and we saw how much OF amped his durability. So it can be easily argued that's how he no-sold repulsor blasts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Exactly my point.

He shrugged off Thor's blast and his hammer strike, then he got pissed. Prior to that he was asking him what HE has done to him.

It was definitely a good showing for stark but if Thor cut loose, I'd wager on it being #3 all over again.

What's your definition of shrug off? I don't remember him being visibly damaged but I'm pretty certain he was getting knocked around and was loosing. IIRC, Iron Man stopped questioning Thor after like the first panel and even immediately attacked Thor.

He is.

Then we're on the same page.

I know, I read the dialogue... "you've been working out?/no, the only difference is I'm not holding back this time". Thing is, Straczynski came up later with that Bor issue and we saw how much OF amped his durability. So it can be easily argued that's how he no-sold repulsor blasts.

I don't see why you'd need to. Thor has been unharmed every single time his repulsors have struck him in the past.

Most probable in-continuity reason: Thor was not using the Odin Force to augment his abilities against Stark.

Most probable out-of-continuity -i.e. the real- reason: JMS did not intend Thor to return with the Odin Force and it was reintroduced in the second arc.

StiltmanFTW
It was definitely a great showing for stark but if Thor cut loose, I'd wager on it being #3 all over again.

What's your definition of shrug off?

Meant that Tony withstood the attacks, not that he stood here and tanked them, of course. Stark was clearly being knocked around on that page.

Then we're on the same page.

Aye.

I don't see why you'd need to. Thor has been unharmed every single time his repulsors have struck him in the past.

Most probable in-continuity reason: Thor was not using the Odin Force to augment his abilities against Stark.

Most probable out-of-continuity -i.e. the real- reason: JMS did not intend Thor to return with the Odin Force and it was reintroduced in the second arc.

Every single time? I could swear I've seen him in classic red and gold armor shooting Thor in the head with *some* effect at least. I think it was at point blank, though. Anyway, Thor was never even pushed by repulsors or anything? Against Extremis repulsors he didn't even budge.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Every single time? I could swear I've seen him in classic red and gold armor shooting Thor in the head with *some* effect at least. I think it was at point blank, though. Anyway, Thor was never even pushed by repulsors or anything? Against Extremis repulsors he didn't even budge.

Pretty much. At least as far as I've seen. This is probably the most visible effect they've ever had against Thor -who was mind controlled- and it barely moved him:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsDraxIronManWaspCap3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsDraxIronManWaspCap4.jpg

If Thor stands his ground, tanking it without being taken off his feet is well within the realm of possibility.

Daemon Seed

He got beaten the snot out of by Thor and would have by Sentry except he got cloc to give Sentry a mini breakdown.

rotiart
If by tangling you mean getting smacked around until finally resorting to the cloc thing.. Then yes he get tangled....

MetalIsDead
Hey Rage, I know this is kinda offtopic, but is there any reason on why Thor is so powerful nowadays? he doesn't have the Odinpower anymore it seems... did he got an upgrade or something?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by MetalIsDead
Hey Rage, I know this is kinda offtopic, but is there any reason on why Thor is so powerful nowadays? he doesn't have the Odinpower anymore it seems... did he got an upgrade or something?

He isn't more powerful than he was back in the day. And no, he hasn't received any upgrade.

the ninjak
The needle intended for hulk but used on she hulk completely cleaned her DNA of all gamma radiation. She was from then on Jen Walters and had no way to go back to changing to hulk. So in she hulk they introduced this portal that said if you enter 616 while your dopple is here your body gains that dopples attributes... Another earths powerless Jen came To 616 using that portal and gained she hulks powers...(this alternate Jen is the same that slept with juggernaught and nit 616) Then she hulk lost her powers. When they realized that dopple was still in this universe jenn used the portal and gained her dopples attributes... Thus returning her powers...

If those nanotech had been used on hulk he would have been dead

Yup Ironman wins this fight 10/10.
Add a satellite beam and force fields and it's toooo easy.
Close thread/

guy222
hulk

Nihilist
Under these stips IM stomps

Kid Kurdy
Even when we know an inferior Iron Man can one shot an enraged Hulk.
That never happened. It was a long and brutal fight that nearly killed Iron Man, and it was actually a low showing for Hulk and a high showing for Iron Man.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
That never happened. It was a long and brutal fight that nearly killed Iron Man, and it was actually a low showing for Hulk and a high showing for Iron Man.

Actual it did, the Hulk was in a heightened and enraged state (pacemaker), they had been fighting for awhile; but, it was only when Tony chanelled 'everything into one punch' to 'make it count', that he put Hulk down with 'one punch to make it count', yes in doing so he froze the armour and Scott Lang had to get him out next issue. It was the single punch that did it.

Kid Kurdy
Actual it did, the Hulk was in a heightened and enraged state (pacemaker), they had been fighting for awhile; but, it was only when Tony chanelled 'everything into one punch' to 'make it count', that he put Hulk down with 'one punch to make it count', yes in doing so he froze the armour and Scott Lang had to get him out next issue. It was the single punch that did it.
You can't say Tony one shotted Hulk when you know it was a long and brutal fight.

That's not one shotting, not in my book. Following your logic, Spider-Man oneshotted Firelord, Rhino and so on.

StiltmanFTW
If by tangling you mean getting smacked around until finally resorting to the cloc thing.. Then yes he get tangled....

Sentry was actually impressed by Extremis speed, he cheapshotted him, Tony drew blood with his punch, slowed him down a bit with his rocket boots, took all the hits with no significant damage inflicted...

Great showing against non-jobbing Sentry.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
You can't say Tony one shotted Hulk when you know it was a long and brutal fight.

That's not one shotting, not in my book. Following your logic, Spider-Man oneshotted Firelord, Rhino and so on.

It was one shot channelling all his power. :-)

heru
Hulk has been beating Iron man ass for years. Unless Iron Man has been granted some of Apocalypse tech I don't think much is going to change.

the ninjak
Originally posted by heru
Hulk has been beating Iron man ass for years. Unless Iron Man has been granted some of Apocalypse tech I don't think much is going to change.

If you read the last few pages Rotiart, Parmaniac, thanos-prime and I have supplied all the tech Tony needs to win this fight 10/10.

Satellite Beam- With the beam tightened crushed Hulk back into Bannerform. Also killed a SuperSkrull with the powers of all of the Illuminati.

Archille's Needle- Upon delivery purges all the Gamma from a Gamma irradiated victims body.

Forcefields + Repulsors- Tony has never had such an inexhaustible power source before. His shields contained a future Apocalypse. And his beams hurt Thor in their recent mini.

Then you have Black Hole bombs and Negative Zone Guns. Invisibility and Spider Sense. A list of gadgets that just goes on and on.

Daemon Seed
If you read the last few pages Rotiart, Parmaniac, thanos-prime and I have supplied all the tech Tony needs to win this fight 10/10.

Satellite Beam- With the beam tightened crushed Hulk back into Bannerform. Also killed a SuperSkrull with the powers of all of the Illuminati.

Archille's Needle- Upon delivery purges all the Gamma from a Gamma irradiated victims body.

Forcefields + Repulsors- Tony has never had such an inexhaustible power source before. His shields contained a future Apocalypse. And his beams hurt Thor in their recent mini.

Then you have Black Hole bombs and Negative Zone Guns. Invisibility and Spider Sense. A list of gadgets that just goes on and on.

The list of gadgets goes on and on i'll grant you and yet, Hulk is the strongest one there is.... Against characters like Namor, Hulk and Wonderman, Tony's armour never seems to hold up to the hype these days. No matter what upgrades he has.

Parmaniac

Then you have Black Hole bombs and Negative Zone Guns. Invisibility and Spider Sense. A list of gadgets that just goes on and on. Do you have an issue number for the Blackhole bombs and the achilles needle?
The list of gadgets goes on and on i'll grant you and yet, Hulk is the strongest one there is.... Against characters like Namor, Hulk and Wonderman, Tony's armour never seems to hold up to the hype these days. No matter what upgrades he has. It doesn't need to he will just BFR his ass into the negative zone, there Annihilius and his A-Wave takes care of him.

Daemon Seed
Do you have an issue number for the Blackhole bombs and the achilles needle?
It doesn't need to he will just BFR his ass into the negative zone, there Annihilius and his A-Wave takes care of him.

Read that back and realise how plot devices are ruining comics.

Parmaniac
Yeah I know that's why prep vs. no prep is most of the time pointless.

Daemon Seed
Yeah I know that's why prep vs. no prep is most of the time pointless.

I didn't fully make the point I wanted with this thread; but, I sort of did. Iron man used to be more powerfully intrinsically, in just his armour.... Than with his upgrades; however, in recent years prep and plot devices have made Tony more like Reed Richards or Doctor Who, he wanders off and 'creates' something. That; though, in itself is flawed; as, in things like WWH another plot device will initially negate all the prep in the World.

the ninjak
Do you have an issue number for the Blackhole bombs and the achilles needle?

The needle was SheHulk 18.Planet without a Hulk.

Ask ThanosPrime for the Blackhole bomb issue.

The list of gadgets goes on and on i'll grant you and yet, Hulk is the strongest one there is.... Against characters like Namor, Hulk and Wonderman, Tony's armour never seems to hold up to the hype these days. No matter what upgrades he has.

The Bleeding Edge Armor plus puts him closer to Hulk and Thor's level than ever before.

Daemon Seed

The Bleeding Edge Armor plus puts him closer to Hulk and Thor's level than ever before.

Hmmmmmm, do you think he could beat Terrax, Blastarr or an enraged Hulk with it, like he has in the past?

the ninjak
Comic characters are like toys. You beat em together and decide who wins. Every character gets their moment in the spotlight.
Ironman will just keep evolving until he's Superman then he'll get amnesia.
Hulks just gonna get stronger until he's a powderkeg Super Saiyan.
Thor just keeps fluctuating.
DC will have another Crisis and replace Strong characters with weaker ones.
It's good business. And I love it. Comics are the best Soap Opera a guy could ever have. Sorry for the rant.

I'm not sure about Terrax but he can now give Blastarr and Hulk a run for their money sure. It's just Tony just hasn't had much feats lately due to Invincible Ironman being a Drama. His feats in Ironman/Thor just showed him to be close to equal level. An Extremis Ironman with a near unlimited power source is capable of taking down most characters with a decent writer.

Daemon Seed
Comic characters are like toys. You beat em together and decide who wins. Every character gets their moment in the spotlight.
Ironman will just keep evolving until he's Superman then he'll get amnesia.
Hulks just gonna get stronger until he's a powderkeg Super Saiyan.
Thor just keeps fluctuating.
DC will have another Crisis and replace Strong characters with weaker ones.
It's good business. And I love it. Comics are the best Soap Opera a guy could ever have. Sorry for the rant.

I'm not sure about Terrax but he can now give Blastarr and Hulk a run for their money sure. It's just Tony just hasn't had much feats lately due to Invincible Ironman being a Drama. His feats in Ironman/Thor just showed him to be close to equal level. An Extremis Ironman with a near unlimited power source is capable of taking down most characters with a decent writer.

You see, I agree on much you say.. and that's why I find certain aspects of debating with a generic Iron Man or a generic Thor difficult because, as you say they fluctuate and feats are not constant not even within a writer: For instance; do you remember how Michelin kept putting Tony against magical foes right up to and including Morgana the Fey and having Tony hate magic but overcome it with Science. That lasted maybe for or five years and then got forgotten. People think Iron Man is weak against magic- from feats- he only really needs a freon tube to defeat high level mystic defences.

Iron Man has always been the most drama based soapish (after spidey) of Marvels offerings. His multitude of dalliances (Beth was my favourite), Alcoholism, Industrial Espionage, Health Problems, Ecological vs, Science issues over the years Tony has had it all in his life.

DARTH POWER
Iron man used to be more powerfully intrinsically, in just his armour.... Than with his upgrades; however, in recent years prep and plot devices have made Tony more like Reed Richards or Doctor Who, he wanders off and 'creates' something. That; though, in itself is flawed; as, in things like WWH another plot device will initially negate all the prep in the World.

thumb up

the ninjak

Very well put Daemon. Tony along with Strange were always my 2 favourite characters. Two characters operating on opposite spectrums. People don't like his evolution after Extremis but after his earlier exploits it was just inevitable. I do miss the problem solving fights he used to have though. Like in the 90's Hero's Return series where he used his armor in creative ways to beat his foes. Like a one-man Starship Enterprise.

These days he isn't so daring and creative I must say. He's becoming a machine.

Daemon Seed
Very well put Daemon. Tony along with Strange were always my 2 favourite characters. Two characters operating on opposite spectrums. People don't like his evolution after Extremis but after his earlier exploits it was just inevitable. I do miss the problem solving fights he used to have though. Like in the 90's Hero's Return series where he used his armor in creative ways to beat his foes. Like a one-man Starship Enterprise.

These days he isn't so daring and creative I must say. He's becoming a machine.

Yeah, he is pretty much my favourite Marvel hero also Ninjak, I liked the late 70's first Justin Hammer arc best myself. I like the tech advancements a great deal. Warren Ellis is probably my favourite writer so I don't mind the tech changes. I just wish people accepted Iron Man is not my Iron Man anymore, especially in his own book.

bayhunter12
Iron Man because of prep time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
And his beams hurt Thor in their recent mini.

Never happened.

the ninjak
Really. Bless you Rage you are the only guy who makes me have to look back into my bloody back issues to see if my selective memories are but flights of fancy.

I'm talkin bout the Ironman/Thor 4 parter.

Ah yes it was a combination of Crimson Dynamos attack against Thor which got blocked by a dragon. And an amped Ulik putting him down. Funny how the brain can work that way. My bad. Bad panneling in those issues though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Told you. excellent

For the record, the significantly amped Crimson Dynamo was at best stunning Thor despite the Odinson not defending himself in ordern to shield the humans. Similar repulsor blasts one shotted Iron Man and Stark's attacks were being shrugged off by Thor immediately after.

Gotta throw in some wanking.

the ninjak
Heh. Well played.

Wank on Rage. Wank on.

Existere
Heh. Well played.

Wank on Rage. Wank on. Happy birthday

the ninjak
Thanks Existere.

Daemon Seed
Thanks Existere.

Belatedly Happy birthday smile

the ninjak
Cheers Daemon

Parmaniac
http://greengrownandsexy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/HappyBirthdayBitch.jpg

TheHulk
Think hulk still wins stalemate if 1 month prep
Than only option is BFR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.