Who can stop Mjolnir?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Who would be able to this:

http://superherouniverse.com/articles/fights/superman-vs-thor.jpg sick

Below Skyfather level. Thor is swinging as hard as he can and the character is just readying themselves to stop it.

Hyperion Prime
Count nefaria
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/nefaria3.jpg

Daemon Seed
Well Locus Thor 302 had the best stopping of it but he used shields.

carver9
Numerous of characters can do it...even Heralds.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Numerous of characters can do it...even Heralds. name some.

SuperiorTech
If Hulk's name is mentioned in this thread Carver is getting banned.

Damborgson
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
If Hulk's name is mentioned in this thread Carver is getting banned. Im sure stopping Red Norvell will be mentioned at some point as well....

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
name some.

Rulk
Hulk
Zeus
Thanos
Superman

The list is truly long.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Stoic
Rulk
Hulk
Zeus
Thanos
Superman

The list is truly long. i said below skyfather. Loeb Force Rulk yes. Hulk? Nay.

Hyperion Prime
i said below skyfather. Loeb Force Rulk yes. Hulk? Nay.

Nefaria stopped it, but nefaria could hang with Superman.

Damborgson
well i shouldnt say totally no to hulk stopping it. If he's mad enough i guess he should be technically able to. He would have to really be a amazingly mad.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Nefaria stopped it, but nefaria could hang with Superman. Yeah that was very impressive on Neferias part. Thor had lightnng charged Mjolnir 2.

Stoic
i said below skyfather. Loeb Force Rulk yes. Hulk? Nay.

There comes a time, when you have to guestimate. What I mean, is this. If Superman can palm a strike from Mjolnir, guys/girls like Wonder Woman, Hulk, Count Nefaria, Gladiator, Beta Ray Thor, Hyperion.... etc, etc can as well.

Hyperion Prime
There comes a time, when you have to guestimate. What I mean, is this. If Superman can palm a strike from Mjolnir, guys/girls like Wonder Woman, Hulk, Count Nefaria, Gladiator, Beta Ray Thor, Hyperion.... etc, etc can as well.

I don't like DC, but Superman is Superman. WHat he does dosen't mean his clones can do it.

Zack Fair

Really? Because of his weakness? I don't think it works that way.

StiltmanFTW
Ulik

Mindset
name some. Superman and CN.

chomperx9
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4973/captainmarvelv301703y.jpg

carver9

I agree with this as well. I could see Hulk doing this as well... and I'm referring to Savage Hulk... don't even need to use WWH.

chomperx9
Being able to Tank a hit from Mjolnir without even moving is more impressive than stopping it.http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4965/juggs20vs20thor1edited.jpg

Zack Fair
Juggy is haxxorZ.

Black bolt z
Pretty sure there have been multiple threads almost exactly like this.

Mindset
PROVE IT!

quanchi112
Rulk, Nefaria, Juggernaut, Sentry, Gladiator off the top of my head.

hateallmen
Bump

Endless Mike
Mon-El

Hyperion Prime
Ultron
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/scan0001-1-1.jpg

Rao Kal El
Palming a CHARGED Mjolnir when magic is your vulnerability?

Bentley
This is one weir necrobump if I've ever seen one.

abhilegend
There are very few characters who have actually done that and nearly all of them are above herald level or have some outside amps. Ultron was amped when he did that, Ulik was amped and so on. Likewise Korvac did it, P5 Scott did it, Thanos did it etc. In fact I'm having trouble with seeing any herald doing it.

Superman catching it while on a bad leverage is seriously underestimated on these forums. Thor would break most heralds' hand if they tried such a maneuver. And under Busiek mjolnir amplified striking power greatly. In fact Superman broke through Krona's barrier with one strike while at a lower power level, Avengers and JLA were unable to so much as scratch his barrier around galactus.

Bentley
LoebForce Rulk did it if I recall correctly. It became a trend a few years back, but it was still a feat performed by trans-level characters mostly.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by abhilegend
There are very few characters who have actually done that and nearly all of them are above herald level or have some outside amps. Ultron was amped when he did that, Ulik was amped and so on. Likewise Korvac did it, P5 Scott did it, Thanos did it etc. In fact I'm having trouble with seeing any herald doing it.

Superman catching it while on a bad leverage is seriously underestimated on these forums. Thor would break most heralds' hand if they tried such a maneuver. And under Busiek mjolnir amplified striking power greatly. In fact Superman broke through Krona's barrier with one strike while at a lower power level, Avengers and JLA were unable to so much as scratch his barrier around galactus.

Abhi falls for the trap. In trying to support Superman, he praises Thor. stick out tongue

Bentley
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Abhi falls for the trap. In trying to support Superman, he praises Thor. stick out tongue

Nah, if you read between the lines he explicitly said that Thor got his _ss handed to him while amped without Superman using his speed awesr

Orrsome28
Originally posted by Bentley
Nah, if you read between the lines he explicitly said that Thor got his _ss handed to him while amped without Superman using his speed awesr

At least he's consistent.

Insane Titan
Thanos does it without touching it

carver9
Surfer did it. Hulk did it. Thanos did it. The list goes on.

Bentley

Scans or Hulk did squat biscuits

8swords
superman laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Scans or Hulk did squat biscuits

mad

abhilegend
Hey, I can't help but praise Thor here.Originally posted by carver9
Surfer and Thor haven't done it.

Endless Mike
Surfer and Thor haven't done it.

I'm pretty sure Thor could stop himself from smacking himself in the face with his own weapon.

maxivitopowe
could a robot pick up Mjolnir?

God Cloth Seiya
Amazo

Rao Kal El
As far as I know, only Loeb force Rulk and Thanos did it.

Scans of Hulk or Surfer palming a charged mjolnir?

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
could a robot pick up Mjolnir?

Yes

abhilegend
I'm pretty sure Thor could stop himself from smacking himself in the face with his own weapon.
mad

You're right.

"Id"
Deathtry

abhilegend
Originally posted by "Id"
Deathtry
He didn't palm mjolnir strike.

DarkRaiden
Thanos
Juggernaut
Magneto (with a forcefield around his hand)

That's all I got. And...Supes doing it is non canon so....

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Thanos
Juggernaut
Magneto (with a forcefield around his hand)

That's all I got. And...Supes doing it is non canon so....
Magneto can't do it. Juggernaut can tank it due to his durability but he's not strong enough to palm it.

Also JLA/Avengers is canon to DC at least. It has also been included in several marvel bios. So take it as you will.

In short Superman can and has done it.

w00t

Rao Kal El
Thanos: Yeah, he has done

Juggernaut: I don't see him palming a charged mjolnir with out his magical forcefield, he probably could but only because of the magical forcefield, that will not translate as palming a charged mjolnir strike like Thanos or Loeb force Rulk did.

Magneto? I will say nah, he does not has the strength to do it, he could probably create a shield around him to stop an mjolnir strike, but to palm it? nope, imo

zopzop
Also JLA/Avengers is canon to DC at least. It has also been included in several marvel bios. So take it as you will.

In short Superman can and has done it.

w00t
It's canon to Marvel too. There's no way it could be mentioned in all those OFFICIAL bios and not have it be canon. It's legit and people need to accept it and move on.

JBL
Depends on how hard thor swings it. Just because someone catches the hammer swing or it bounces off someones chest does not mean that thor cannot shatter their hand or chest. A full swing from thor would mutilate superman and plenty others hands. There is a BIG difference between thor trying to strike a target and him trying to destroy or kill it. Thor explained this to hyperion when he bragged about the hammer bouncing off his chest and even told juggernaut that he rarely strike a foe with the full force of his hammer.

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
Depends on how hard thor swings it. Just because someone catches the hammer swing or it bounces off someones chest does not mean that thor cannot shatter their hand or chest. A full swing from thor would mutilate superman and plenty others hands. There is a BIG difference between thor trying to strike a target and him trying to destroy or kill it. Thor explained this to hyperion when he bragged about the hammer bouncing off his chest and even told juggernaut that he rarely strike a foe with the full force of his hammer.

thumb up

Plus Thor wasn't at full strength when he hit Superman with that hammer swing. That happened during the end of the fight. Full strength swing is different than a swing from a battled out Thor.

abhilegend
Yeah, Thor literally trying to take out Superman and exclaiming that nobody in nine realms could've done what Superman did while his universe was on line means he was holding back. Makes sense.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

And laughing out loud @ Thor mutilating Superman.

abhilegend
And who said Thor wasn't at full strength?

JBL
So thor struck superman with the FULL force with his hammer toss when he first hit superman with it???? Then his hammer swing was Full force too??? So every fight that took place was ALL-OUT and for the kill??? Do you need scans of a FULL power hammer toss and swing to see the difference or is this just another attempt to leave out info?

JBL
Thor told hyperion the same thing he told superman because he DID NOT know anything about them, he did not know hyperions true strength and he told superman that he now knows his measure and another fight would be different. He now know what to put behind his hammer.

Same hyperion or not??
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149111/3515147-0141734263-T280_.JPG

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
So thor struck superman with the FULL force with his hammer toss when he first hit superman with it???? Then his hammer swing was Full force too??? So every fight that took place was ALL-OUT and for the kill??? Do you need scans of a FULL power hammer toss and swing to see the difference or is this just another attempt to leave out info?
Yeah, it was the full force mjolnir swing. Kurt Busiek has confirmed that too. Thor was using all he had in that swing, that's why he took that HV blast to chest. According to busiek, he was using all he had but of course JBL knows better than Busiek, right? Here is the original script of the fight.

Yeah, Thor was really holding back there.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Thor told hyperion the same thing he told superman because he DID NOT know anything about them, he did not know hyperions true strength and he told superman that he now knows his measure and another fight would be different. He now know what to put behind his hammer.

Same hyperion or not??
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149111/3515147-0141734263-T280_.JPG
facepalm

Superman had punched Thor earlier and Thor knew what level of strength Superman had. He was determined to know who was stronger and wasn't holding back at all. How can anybody read that comic and think Thor was holding back is mind boggling.

JBL
facepalm

Superman had punched Thor earlier and Thor knew what level of strength Superman had. He was determined to know who was stronger and wasn't holding back at all. How can anybody read that comic and think Thor was holding back is mind boggling. WHAT!!!! No where was it said that thor hit with the full force of his hammer. laughing
Thor said at the END that he knows superman's measure and another fight would hold surprises for superman.. laughing
You twist things to suit YOUR false stance and it has been exposed by quite a few people on here and it will not work on me.
But its superman we are talking about and its you, so i will not waste my time knowing your long track record concerning superman. Have a good day sir.

Rao Kal El
It figures some will try to dismiss the feat.

But the OP is asking Who can palm a charged mjolnir?, not if Superman can do it or not (He already did)

So people SHOULD get on topic and leave the butt hurt for something else.

Also I remember someone said that Hulk and plenty others can do it, so where is the "proof" that Hulk and plenty others can palm a charged Mjolnir?

Mindship
Surfer did it in Galactus Seed #3. Technically, he used two hands and stopped the downswing by grabbing the handle and Thor's hand around it. But neither was Surfer straining in the least, though Thor was pissed, frustrated; hence the famous headbutt that followed.

JBL
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
It figures some will try to dismiss the feat.

But the OP is asking Who can palm a charged mjolnir?, not if Superman can do it or not (He already did)

So people SHOULD get on topic and leave the butt hurt for something else.

Also I remember someone said that Hulk and plenty others can do it, so where is the "proof" that Hulk and plenty others can palm a charged Mjolnir? It figures someone will try and add on to the feat and claim that superman palmed a FULL power strike from thors hammer.

No one is trying to dismiss the feat or did people miss the first words in my first post??? ( Depends on how hard thor swings ) but as ever, supes fans twist things in their favor for the nice pic of the character on their profile.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by JBL
It figures someone will try and add on to the feat and claim that superman palmed a FULL power strike from thors hammer.

No one is trying to dismiss the feat or did people miss the first words in my first post??? ( Depends on how hard thor swings ) but as ever, supes fans twist things in their favor for the nice pic of the character on their profile.

Thor rarely swings his hammer charged and strike with it.

It is an indication that he is serious about, he just does not charges his mallet and swings it for kicks, he does that when he is serious about an opponent.

That is a constant on his history.

I guess when Thanos palmed Thor's Mjolnir strike it was because Thor was only playing around, right?

In any case, your argument is invalid and weak as We have panel depiction, narration from the author and historical evidence that Thor does not swings a charged Mjolnir for kicks.

And thanks for the compliment on my profile, You should see my Gladiator or Hulk sig.

Now You know Thor does not swing a charged Mjolnir for kicks, So, Who can palm a charged Mjolnir strike?

dial J for Josh
A lot of characters can stop Mjolnir.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
A lot of characters can stop Mjolnir.

Like who?

We have two Marvel characters who have been able to palm a charged Mjolnir strike

One is Thanos and the other is Loeb force Rulk, who else is "a lot"?

Branlor Swift
Count Nefaria stopped it when Thor was literally giving monologues about the power he endow Mjolnir with. That and the Ultron stoppage are the most impressive. Ultron because Thor was operating in dynamic strength mode.

Superman, Loeb Rulk, Thanos, P5 Cyke, Amped Ulik, Weakened Korvac, and that's all I can think of at the moment.

Out of those, only Ultron and Thanos were really tanking the other hits. But strength yeah. Rulk grabbed it in the most awkward position if that counts.

carver9
Correction to my post. Hulk didn't do it...He stopped Thor forward swing by grabbing his hand. Surfer did do it though and Hulk would do it as well. Doesn't mean a thing since Thor could crush some of these people wind pipes anyways.

JBL
Thor rarely swings his hammer charged and strike with it.

It is an indication that he is serious about, he just does not charges his mallet and swings it for kicks, he does that when he is serious about an opponent.

That is a constant on his history.

I guess when Thanos palmed Thor's Mjolnir strike it was because Thor was only playing around, right?

In any case, your argument is invalid and weak as We have panel depiction, narration from the author and historical evidence that Thor does not swings a charged Mjolnir for kicks.

And thanks for the compliment on my profile, You should see my Gladiator or Hulk sig.

Now You know Thor does not swing a charged Mjolnir for kicks, So, Who can palm a charged Mjolnir strike?

Do you not see the part where the OP CLEARLY states that Thor will be swinging as HARD AS HE CAN????????. His Clearly wants to know if anybody can palm a FULL POWER HARD AS HE CAN HAMMER SWING. How on earth anybody equates superman scan which the OP is using to show the method hes talking about to superman being able to stop a ALL-OUT SWING is priceless. There are PLENTY of characters that can do what superman, Nafaria, Rulk And ultron did, But the question is if any character can palm something like this strike..http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/71420/1729015-1348492_striking_a_celestial_super__1_.jpg

carver9
Or the swing he used on Gor that was cracking nearby planets.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by JBL
Do you not see the part where the OP CLEARLY states that Thor will be swinging as HARD AS HE CAN????????. His Clearly wants to know if anybody can palm a FULL POWER HARD AS HE CAN HAMMER SWING. How on earth anybody equates superman scan which the OP is using to show the method hes talking about to superman being able to stop a ALL-OUT SWING is priceless. There are PLENTY of characters that can do what superman, Nafaria, Rulk And ultron did, But the question is if any character can palm something like this strike..http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/71420/1729015-1348492_striking_a_celestial_super__1_.jpg

Who would be able to this:

http://superherouniverse.com/articles/fights/superman-vs-thor.jpg sick

Below Skyfather level. Thor is swinging as hard as he can (like the scan shown above)and the character is just readying themselves to stop it.

And Nefaria did not stopped a charged Mjolnir, Now, Ultron is a ROBOT, you do know historically Robots can do that to Mjolrnir right? on top of my head airwalker palmed a better mjolnir strike than what Superman did, but that was because he is a robot.

Now, I doubt Superman could palm a double handed charged Mjolnir strike, but if in your best argument you have to use a Celestial I think I should thank you.

JBL
And Nefaria did not stopped a charged Mjolnir, Now, Ultron is a ROBOT, you do know historically Robots can do that to Mjolrnir right? on top of my head airwalker palmed a better mjolnir strike than what Superman did, but that was because he is a robot.

Now, I doubt Superman could palm a double handed charged Mjolnir strike, but if in your best argument you have to use a Celestial I think I should thank you. No disrespected intended, but can you read with understanding? Superman did not palm a " as hard as he can" charged hammer strike. What he used on that Celsetial and Gor is to show him hitting as hard as he can as the OP wants him to do, you want to claim that superman palmed the same kind of attack???? laughing

25% of this would maul superman...... http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/4946/249918-236153_2hg6xw3_super_super.jpg

"Id"
Did I mention Deathtry?

Rage.Of.Olympus
And Nefaria did not stopped a charged Mjolnir,

Yes, Nefaria did.

Now, Ultron is a ROBOT, you do know historically Robots can do that to Mjolrnir right? on top of my head airwalker palmed a better mjolnir strike than what Superman did, but that was because he is a robot.

That doesn't even make any sense. Being a Robot has at times allowed you to overcome the worthiness enchantment in the past but why would it have any effect on stopping Mjolnir?

Air Walker palmed a Mjolnir throw, but he was able to hold it after because he was a robot.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, Nefaria did.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=count+nefaria+vs+thor&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=VKxqU5O8L4ObyASWroCQDA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1778&bih=838&dpr=0.9

Nefaria is the only character who Thor has actually explained that he was amping his strike for, who has stopped it.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
https://www.google.ca/search?q=count+nefaria+vs+thor&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=VKxqU5O8L4ObyASWroCQDA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1778&bih=838&dpr=0.9

Nefaria is the only character who Thor has actually explained that he was amping his strike for, who has stopped it. Yup. He outright amped up before the strike. Dunno why people keep saying "it's not charged blah blah blah"
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/nefaria11.jpg

Estacado
Superior Venom.

h1a8
I'm pretty sure Thor could stop himself from smacking himself in the face with his own weapon. nope, Mjolnir strikes harder than fists alone. You would have to be significantly stronger to do it.

Surfer did it. Hulk did it. Thanos did it. The list goes on. Surfer nor Hulk ever did it. Holding Thor's wrist isn't the same thing. I swing a huge hammer at you and you try to catch, your hand gets broken. But catch my wrists and you might can stop me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Merged Hulk did it, but it was to Norvell.

Thor did the same to Masterson, but he caught the handle

Stoic
If Count Nefaria could do it, then anyone in his weight class durable enough could do it as well. There are several Herald level guys that match Nefaria, and/or surpass him as well. Then again it really depends on how pumped up Thor is, because I've seen him break into the mid Trans tier in terms of damage output. Examples? When he tore open the armor of a Celestial, i would hope that this is greater than what a Herald can do on average.

psycho gundam
Merged Hulk did it, but it was to Norvell.

Thor did the same to Masterson, but he caught the handle http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hammerblock.jpg

and the red hulk one

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/redhulkhammerblock.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
No disrespected intended, but can you read with understanding? Superman did not palm a " as hard as he can" charged hammer strike. What he used on that Celsetial and Gor is to show him hitting as hard as he can as the OP wants him to do, you want to claim that superman palmed the same kind of attack???? laughing

25% of this would maul superman...... http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/4946/249918-236153_2hg6xw3_super_super.jpg you surely hate Superman.

Thor used all his might. That's why he said, "not the mightiest in 9 ..."
Now if you argue that the strike wasn't as powerful as the Celestial strike then I agree with you. In that instance, it was a high end Thor and it's only fair to use a high end Superman. A high end Superman has feats of supplying forces of greater than 50 Earth weights. 1 earth weight of force is sufficient to destroy the entire Earth (not some mountains) in one blow. 1earth weight is astronomically more.

Also, Thor whirred the hammer for a long time to build up speed. This is like giving him a head start to ram something.

h1a8
If Count Nefaria could do it, then anyone in his weight class durable enough could do it as well. There are several Herald level guys that match Nefaria, and/or surpass him as well. Then again it really depends on how pumped up Thor is, because I've seen him break into the mid Trans tier in terms of damage output. Examples? When he tore open the armor of a Celestial, i would hope that this is greater than what a Herald can do on average. that was a different type of strike, not applicable in a real fight.

Thor whirred Mjolnir for a long while to generate and build up speed. This is equivalent to BRB slamming into a planet from a light year away after building up speed.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
WHAT!!!! No where was it said that thor hit with the full force of his hammer. laughing
Thor said at the END that he knows superman's measure and another fight would hold surprises for superman.. laughing
You twist things to suit YOUR false stance and it has been exposed by quite a few people on here and it will not work on me.
But its superman we are talking about and its you, so i will not waste my time knowing your long track record concerning superman. Have a good day sir.
Oh shut up already. Why would Thor exclaim "nobody in nine realms could do it."? Why would he hold back when his entire universe is on the line? Especially after Busiek flat out tells he wasn't holding back?

Get your hater ass out of this thread.

cdtm
Mon-El

Mon El's arm took Persuaders axe without a scratch.. That's a much better feat then tanking Mjolnir.

JBL
Originally posted by h1a8
you surely hate Superman.

Thor used all his might. That's why he said, "not the mightiest in 9 ..."
Now if you argue that the strike wasn't as powerful as the Celestial strike then I agree with you. In that instance, it was a high end Thor and it's only fair to use a high end Superman. A high end Superman has feats of supplying forces of greater than 50 Earth weights. 1 earth weight of force is sufficient to destroy the entire Earth (not some mountains) in one blow. 1earth weight is astronomically more.

Also, Thor whirred the hammer for a long time to build up speed. This is like giving him a head start to ram something. Thor did not use all his might, we have seen thor strike hundreds of times harder on panel. Your calculations of 50 earth weights are just that, YOUR calculations and cannot be credited to to any character from Algrim the strong to Zeus. you thinking superman is equal to gor or a Celestial is your choice and belief by the post you made. Put supermans hands or face in front of that strike Thor did on that Celestial at just 25% and see what happens. I dont hate superman, its your overboard and bias love for him that set you ( and others ) up for correction by many posters and even hardcore non-bias superman fans.

JBL
Oh shut up already. Why would Thor exclaim "nobody in nine realms could do it."? Why would he hold back when his entire universe is on the line? Especially after Busiek flat out tells he wasn't holding back?

Get your hater ass out of this thread. Is Count Nafaria, ultron, and Rulk living in the nine realm area???

cdtm
Originally posted by JBL
Is Count Nafaria, ultron, and Rulk living in the nine realm area???

Midgard, aka Earth, counts among the nine realms. So yeah.

Prof. T.C McAbe
It's illogical for Thor not to strike with his best if the opponent gives him such a hard time, Clark palmed the ful force.

JBL
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
It's illogical for Thor not to strike with his best if the opponent gives him such a hard time, Clark palmed the ful force. That was not thors best strike.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why would he hold back when his entire universe is on the line?

But it makes sense for Superman to hold back....

abhilegend
But it makes sense for Superman to hold back....
You're confusing me with Jelly.Originally posted by JBL
Is Count Nafaria, ultron, and Rulk living in the nine realm area???
Yes. It was specifically the hardest blow Thor could manage hence the surprise at Superman stopping it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You don't think Superman was holding back in JLA/Avengers?

Really? Hmm, that seems unlike you. mhmm

JBL
You're confusing me with Jelly.
Yes. It was specifically the hardest blow Thor could manage hence the surprise at Superman stopping it. Christ!!!! He was surprised at Count Nafaria also, but you dont see Nafaria fans claming it was thors hardest blow. Why do i even bother.

Orrsome28
Was it a one-handed strike or two? If it was a single hand strike, then it can not be consider the hardest strike he could manage by any measure.

abhilegend
You don't think Superman was holding back in JLA/Avengers?

Really? Hmm, that seems unlike you. mhmm
Consciously? No. But he does has mental blocks.Originally posted by JBL
Christ!!!! He was surprised at Count Nafaria also, but you dont see Nafaria fans claming it was thors hardest blow. Why do i even bother.
Name one nefaria fan who said Thor was holding back.Originally posted by Orrsome28
Was it a one-handed strike or two? If it was a single hand strike, then it can not be consider the hardest strike he could manage by any measure.
He struck with the hardest blow his one arm could muster. That's why he was surprised.

Stoic
He must have been extra surprised when Rulk caught it after using two hands then.

carver9
He must have been extra surprised when Rulk caught it after using two hands then.

The difference between what Rulk did versus the people that was brought up in this thread is...Rulk caught it from ODIN FORCE THOR. Rulk showing poops on the others.

abhilegend
Rulk was absorbing Thor's powers, so meh.

-Pr-
It's getting to the point where people can't use common sense and just ignore the abomination that was that first Rulk arc.

Seriously, getting to the point where we should just ban it so that petty people can't use it.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's getting to the point where people can't use common sense and just ignore the abomination that was that first Rulk arc.

Seriously, getting to the point where we should just ban it so that petty people can't use it.

Whoa... when I said what I said, I meant it as a joke in response to Abhi. I know the context surrounding it. But by all means ban it, Rulk took the nerf bat to the butt cheeks so whatever he did was close enough to a retcon, that you may as well call it that. Like I said, I was kidding, and never am invested in a toon to start BS'ing to make another one look poorly. Superman did good, but so did Nefaria a couple of decades before JLA/Avengers ever happened.

Orrsome28
He struck with the hardest blow his one arm could muster. That's why he was surprised.

My point still stands then. It wasn't his most powerful strike. It was seemingly as much power as he could put behind one arm. It is not the same thing.

With that said, I'm not all that invested in the display. As ample as the distaste I harbor for the crossover is, it was a good showing for Superman. Predictable as always but good nonetheless.

Above all else, I think a little common sense goes a long way. Anyway, I do believe the discussion has moved on to matters concerning how inconsistently written Rulk is, so I'll leave that frivolous endeavor to the rest of the thread goers.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Thor did not use all his might, we have seen thor strike hundreds of times harder on panel. Your calculations of 50 earth weights are just that, YOUR calculations and cannot be credited to to any character from Algrim the strong to Zeus. you thinking superman is equal to gor or a Celestial is your choice and belief by the post you made. Put supermans hands or face in front of that strike Thor did on that Celestial at just 25% and see what happens. I dont hate superman, its your overboard and bias love for him that set you ( and others ) up for correction by many posters and even hardcore non-bias superman fans.

You can't circumvent writer's intentions. That is flat out trolling and could be reported. It was clear Thor used all his might. Busiek even stated it.
Now you can argue that the strike wasn't harder than Thor's strikes in the past. I would agree with that. Characters operate at different levels in different comics.
There is no mystery to that. But don't troll and say Thor wasn't using all of his might when that is clearly shown to be portrayed.

With that said, I proved Superman exerted more than 50 Earth weights. If you disagree then point out the error.

The Celestial strike isn't applicable in a real fight. Thor whirred Mjolnir for a long time and built speed to achieve the feat. It wasn't a straight swing attack.

Even then, Superman's strength feats outclass that by miles, proving that a high end Superman can stop a Celestial swing while yawning.

You do hate Superman. Most of your posts be about lowballing him (ignoring his feats). You volunteer this, and not so much respond to a poster.

Epicurus
The Celestial strike isn't applicable in a real fight. Thor whirred Mjolnir for a long time and built speed to achieve the feat. It wasn't a straight swing attack.

Even then, Superman's strength feats outclass that by miles, proving that a high end Superman can stop a Celestial swing while yawning.Even then, Superman's strength feats outclass that by miles, proving that a high end Superman can stop a Celestial swing while yawning
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughinglaughingrolling on floor laughing

hystericalhystericalhysterical

Profiled.

This why the board loves h1.

h1a8
Originally posted by Epicurus
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughinglaughingrolling on floor laughing

hystericalhystericalhysterical

Profiled.

This why the board loves h1.

You just provided proof how ignorant you are.
We go by feats. By feats, Superman's strength is magnitudes above the minute force of 1 Earth weight. Hell, Thor's feat against the Celestial wasn't even 1 Earth weight of force. Far less than that.
You can laugh all you want. But you can't prove the contrary.

Cinder
You just provided proof how ignorant you are.
We go by feats. By feats, Superman's strength is magnitudes above the minute force of 1 Earth weight. Hell, Thor's feat against the Celestial wasn't even 1 Earth weight of force. Far less than that.
You can laugh all you want. But you can't prove the contrary.

Well, I'm not sure if this counts BUT.

Thor has been proven to swing his hammer at faster then the speed of light, which means supes would need to be quick to stop it.

Also, thor (half concious) managed to smack the pheonix probably a few hundred thousand miles with mjolnir.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3123289

And is the only person I'm aware of ever to knock out pheonix entity.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Cinder

Thor has been proven to swing his hammer at faster then the speed of light, which means supes would need to be quick to stop it.

Also, thor (half concious) managed to smack the pheonix probably a few hundred thousand miles with mjolnir.

Aside from a laser from a random ship.

Cinder
Aside from a laser from a random ship.

can you prove it knocked out pheonix?

The strip above, does.

The planet lighting is because pheonix became unconcious and ruptured it's physical form.

h1a8

Just because Thor can swing the hammer faster than light doesn't mean he actually does in a fight. Remember, the instances he was stated to do it was when he spent a long while whirring the hammer and building it to such speeds. In a fight this is not applicable. No one is going to sit there and wait for Thor to build up those speeds in order to strike them.

Time Immemorial
Manhattan could prolly bfr his hammer. Or take it from himlaughing out loud

abhilegend
can you prove it knocked out pheonix?

The strip above, does.

The planet lighting is because pheonix became unconcious and ruptured it's physical form.
It shattered Phoenix actually.

dial J for Josh
Like who?

We have two Marvel characters who have been able to palm a charged Mjolnir strike

One is Thanos and the other is Loeb force Rulk, who else is "a lot"?

Hahaha funny you say so my friend. Who better to stop Mjolnir than Marvels current most powerful herald? And btw cartoons are 100% cannon http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durpalm.gif

1awwU-himW4

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Hahaha funny you say so my friend. Who better to stop Mjolnir than Marvels current most powerful herald? And btw cartoons are 100% cannon http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durpalm.gif

1awwU-himW4

What episode was that?

dial J for Josh
What episode was that?

Episode 7, someone posted it on YouTube. You better hurry up and watch it before it gets taken down for copyright infringement.

Warlord
tbf in these series Thor has been shown as barely more powerful than iron man

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Warlord
Dunno bout that.

-Pr-
Whoa... when I said what I said, I meant it as a joke in response to Abhi. I know the context surrounding it. But by all means ban it, Rulk took the nerf bat to the butt cheeks so whatever he did was close enough to a retcon, that you may as well call it that. Like I said, I was kidding, and never am invested in a toon to start BS'ing to make another one look poorly. Superman did good, but so did Nefaria a couple of decades before JLA/Avengers ever happened.

I wasn't even talking about you, but all right.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Warlord

Silence peasant. Never lowball a Hyperion showing no matter which incarnation he is in.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
I wasn't even talking about you, but all right.

Oh, LOL my bad.

Epicurus
It shattered Phoenix actually.
In its true energy form the Phoenix has pretty shitty durability, so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that feat. /shrugs

abhilegend
Originally posted by Epicurus
In its true energy form the Phoenix has pretty shitty durability, so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that feat. /shrugs
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.