Darth Caedus and FotJ Kyp Durron Versus DE Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NowYouRemember
Peak Caedus and Durron against the most powerful version of the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Setting: Geonosian Arena

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All out battle to the death

truejedi
I would.... give this to the team.

NowYouRemember
Not sure how they win though, if Sidious launches his big bad storm in the blink of an eye.

Nephthys
Hmm, good fight.

I...... think I'll edge it to Sidious. As we discussed earlier Durron hasn't really done anything in combat and I've never been as impressed with Caedus as others are (he did not fight evenly with Luke at all). Together they'll push him but not enough imo.

truejedi
Caedus can probably only be matched in sabers by luke out of the entire NJO, whereas DE Luke was enough to win a saber's only fight over Sidious. Caedus can also take a hell of a lot of punishement and keep on trucking, unlike sidious who generally flails and screams when things go badly. So If it were sabers only, I would say Caedus could solo.

That's 1.

2 is the closest. Kyp can manipulate a black hole, which really is a big deal. If sidious can utilize force storm without destroying himself, then he probably will beat them with it, though I wonder if a TK that can twist a black hole around couldn't put up some sort of wall against it, but I'm willing to go with no. Sidious wins here, but maybe dies as well. This also depends on if these two can close within a respectable distance in a second or two. If they can, he can't go to the force storm, because they are right on top of him. Then I think a combo of Kyp's Tk and Caedus's Lightning overwhelm's Sidious's lightning.

3. Here, with the two combatants presumably trying to close the gap instantly to combat someone's whose force ability is his main strength, it comes down to physical combat. Caedus's ability to weild three weapons effectively at any given time make up for Kyp's unknown combat abilities. In fact, Caedus could keep Sidious occupied with Sabers while Kyp delivers force attacks.

Usually almost all teams fall to sids, but in this case, the firepower he is facing is just too much. Caedus is a tank with three hands and a history of using three weapons with those three hands at once. Kyp's top TK feat tops Sidious's top TK feat, meaning that only in the instance that Sidious can play FORCE STORM with a saving 8 AGIL roll to avoid getting in super close proximity with the others will he be able to come through with the win.

Lord Lucien
Didn't DE Palpatine lose to Luke, circa 10 ABY? If Caedus is not all that far below 41 ABY Luke, and teamed Durron, I don't see Palpatine walking away from this.

Unless of course Leia's Force Harmony is just that freaking awesome.

Nephthys
Caedus can't match sabers with Luke imo. IIRC In their fight Luke completely walks through him in lightsaber combat.

NowYouRemember
I haven't actually kept up with the latest books.

Does Caedus possess a third arm? lol..

Somehow I can see the writers being horrible enough to write that in.

If so, where is the third arm located?

truejedi
Neph, right, but there was no other Jedi who was going to survive a lightsaber duel with Caedus is what I meant. Luke was a decided number one, but Caedus was a definite number 2.

Slash_KMC
Yes Caedus definitely has 3 arms. Or at least 3 hands, they don't even have to be attached to his body.

truejedi
He does. I'm not even kidding with it anymore. It's a plus in a lightsaber fight.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Yes Caedus definitely has 3 arms. Or at least 3 hands, they don't even have to be attached to his body.

Wouldn't suprise me.

truejedi
canon fact. It's in sacrifice. I may have packed that book already... but i'll check. just for you.

Nephthys
No, he does not have 3 arms. no expression

Theres a part in his fight with Mara when he stabs her with a dart after being mentioned as holding her hand and her hair (or something). Hence, a third arm. Its just something they overlooked in editing.

truejedi
overlooked means canon fact so yes he freaking does. But i did pack the book already. I've quoted the pertinent passage enough times already that you should be able to find it though.

NowYouRemember
Horrible writers. Heh. smokin'

NowYouRemember
In combat, a third arm would only get in the way.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, he does not have 3 arms. no expression

Theres a part in his fight with Mara when he stabs her with a dart after being mentioned as holding her hand and her hair (or something). Hence, a third arm. Its just something they overlooked in editing.

I thought he was holding his lightsaber and then grabbed her hair to drag it to his lightsaber, but Mara was hacking at him so with his third hand he stabbed her with the dart?

Nephthys
I dunno, I can't remember it much.

truejedi
yes, slash has it right. Then directly after that moment, she rears back, "leaving him with a handful of red hair" meaning that he still had both hands engaged when he reached for the dart.

RagingBoner
tj
I would.... give this to the team.

thumb up

thumb down

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by RagingBoner
thumb up Your attempt at humility is both cute and suspicious. Like a kitten.

RagingBoner
I edited it.

truejedi
I refer of course, only to his flailing and screaming in ROTJ as proof.

RagingBoner
Originally posted by truejedi
I refer of course, only to his flailing and screaming in ROTJ as proof.

That didn't seem like pain to me, but we'll ask Janus, whose Ears are masterful in their detection and interpretation of sound and canon.

truejedi
lol, i didn't say pain. anger and panic are more likely.

RagingBoner
lol, i didn't say pain. anger and panic are more likely.

?

truejedi
"when things go badly" doesn't mean in pain... He wasn't in pain with Vader, he was just being... well, unclutch as we would say in sports.

RagingBoner
"when things go badly" doesn't mean in pain... He wasn't in pain with Vader, he was just being... well, unclutch as we would say in sports.

It just seems horribly worded, no offense. Like the first part of the sentence was speaking of threshold for pain and, apparently, the second being about foiled plans.

Could you speak Ingrish plz?

truejedi
threshold for not panicking when losing might have been more accurate.

Slash_KMC
It's the Russian kicking in.

NowYouRemember
So I'm guessing Sids gets raped here, then.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by NowYouRemember
So I'm guessing Sids gets raped here, then.

Nihilus eats both Caedus and Kyp Durron, and then rapes Sidious.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Nihilus eats both Caedus and Kyp Durron, and then rapes Sidious.

I was actually thinking if this were Caedus and Durron versus Nihilus, Nihilus would simply eat their souls. (That's sort of what he does if you think about it. Cut's 'em off from the Force and then eats their energy.)

But then we'd have a few folks trying to pull the "Obi-Wan doesn't have an anus" argument with that one.

Then again, if one can prove that a person can literally live with 0% Force energy/presence within their body and around them, etc. then I suppose that Force energy wouldn't count as a soul.

Philosophical crap, as it were.. smokin'

Another interesting thought: Could Nihilus eat Caedus, Durron and Sid's all at once?

I admit, I'm bored and just having a bit of fun.

Zampanó
I think you're doing it wrong.

You forgot the several-page definition (each) of what "prove," "person," "live," "Force energy," "within," "their," "body," "around," "them," "count," and "soul."

NowYouRemember

Exal Kressh
Darth Traya, as much of a visible expert on Force Drain as any, seems to think it has no defense. Yet Exar Kun avoided having himself cut off from the Force bu the jedi master Odan, which is certainly similar. If the powers are related, then perhaps someone can simply be too strong to devour? The other thought is this; we know that the ability is from the True Sith, right? If this ability is unblockable, wouldn't the Sith Empire basically collapse once word got out? Or is Darth Nihilus simply too powerful to block through known means? It is implied that the jedi on Katarr could not defend from him.

As for the Force being one's soul? This makes a lot of sense. When Jedi die, they become one with the Force. The concept of unity after death is an eastern concept, unlike western ideas of a single soul unique in its punishment or paradise. Dark siders also enter a collection of Force energy known as Chaos, but it seems that they are more restless, unable to enjoy unity.

So if one's Force equates to one's soul, what happened to Nihilus' victims?

Lord Lucien
Same thing that happens to Dementors' victims in Harry Potter: he eats it and it gets destroyed.

NowYouRemember

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.