Void vs Superboy prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gecko4lif
Scen 1: Superboy prime vs Void
Scen 2: Guardian amped superboy prime vs Void
Scen 3: Time trapper prime vs Void (For the sake of arguement all time trapper feats are applicable to prime)

george

Harbinger
Void loses all three.

quanchi112
Void wins all three.

Tyron fo real

Bentley
Originally posted by Tyron fo real
Superboy prime wins all three Originally posted by Harbinger
Void loses all three.

thumb up

Originally posted by quanchi112
Void wins all three.

laughing out loud

Prep-Man
Prime.

iceman24567
Prime wins all three

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by iceman24567
Prime wins all three

thumb up

Uriel005
Originally posted by Harbinger
Void loses all three. Originally posted by Tyron fo real
Superboy prime wins all three Originally posted by Prep-Man
Prime. Originally posted by iceman24567
Prime wins all three
cosigned.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Uriel005
cosigned.

Even with Voids molecule powers?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Daemon Seed
Even with Voids molecule powers? Molecular powers despite being amazing have not always been the be all end all that they should as some beings have shown "resistances" to it... comic physics are funny like that.

Daemon Seed
Molecular powers despite being amazing have not always been the be all end all that they should as some beings have shown "resistances" to it... comic physics are funny like that.

Although, prime has not as he has shown significant weakness, to the wave particle duality that is red solar radiation. Ergo - Molecule powers which should be able to mimic red solar radiation should seriously affect Prime.

Tyron fo real

Daemon Seed
first of all NO , prime displayed unreal resistance and damage soak towards magick and many other crazy powers

second of all how would sentry know about his weakness?

third of all even with his weakness he shows amazing damage soak

forth of all sentry isnt going to blink before prime rips him in half, yep karma is a biatch

How would Sentry know? Forum rules, Prime also doesn't like red sun radiation in peoples blasts. Why not encase him in an Adamatium cube containing an artficial red sun.

Prime is very fast i'll grant you; but, Sentry is in his second mini series one of the few characters who actually functions at Superspeed and is shown to do so, he lives his life between the ticks of the cloc etc.

bbrem123
void

Tyron fo real

Tyron fo real

bbrem123
y r u even arguing the sentry...this is about the void

Tyron fo real

Daemon Seed
common sense will tell us that sentry wont be able to hurt prime, feats tell us that prime is by far faster than sentry unless you would like to present some fighting speed for sentry, feats tell us that prime is by far far far stronger than sentry he will just rip him in half like sentry did to ares only without any resistance at all

Now you say, Prime will rip him in half; however, show me a non guardian amped prime wielding the kind of strength needed to rip a high herald level being in half.... I'll show you void ripping Ares in half, beating molecule man and Sentry treating Terrax as a *****. As for speed show me a scan of Prime non guardian amped speedblitzing.

I'll also show you void taking on a huge group of heroes ala prime.

Tyron fo real

Daemon Seed
ripping ares in half is pathetic his durability sucks, terrax is not a big deal and i can show you thor owning his ass, prime on the other hand broke the freakin phantom zone dimension with punches that alone is putting him above sentry, prime went up against most heroes of DC universe and puncked them like nothing same as superman same as martial manhunter and that suit you are talking about just kept him from getting weaken by the red sun thats it , prime is a monster and i really hope you are not trying to debate that the pathetic sentry can stand to him either speed wise or strength wise

as for speed... prime speedblitzing the flashes together is >>>>>>>>> anything sentry will ever do

When did Prime break the phantom zone? ....... What is 'Martial' Manhunter? Uh, Prime never speed blitzed the Flashes. What is 'puncked'?

iceman24567
How is the Void beating The Time Trapper?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Scen 3: Time trapper prime vs Void (For the sake of arguement all time trapper feats are applicable to prime)

george

The only scenario the Void even has a remote chance is #1. SBP destroys him in the other two.

Bentley
Now you say, Prime will rip him in half; however, show me a non guardian amped prime wielding the kind of strength needed to rip a high herald level being in half.

You must be sorely uninformed about Prime, but there was this character Monarch which he ripped in half. A character which trashed several heralds btw.

Also, I call bullsh_t in the Molecule Man powers, show me a feat when he mimics an energy signature before you start suggesting he'll shoot red sun radiation.

Tyron fo real

-Pr-

george

Void
Prime
Prime

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Bentley
You must be sorely uninformed about Prime, but there was this character Monarch which he ripped in half. A character which trashed several heralds btw.

Also, I call bullsh_t in the Molecule Man powers, show me a feat when he mimics an energy signature before you start suggesting he'll shoot red sun radiation.

Monarchs containment suit breach is not ripping someone in half.
Molecule man can make any particle, therefore photons of the right em wavelength are not beyond him and shouldn't be beyond void.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Molecule man can make any particle, therefore photons of the right em wavelength are not beyond him and shouldn't be beyond void.

Except we never see Void/Sentry/Voidtry/etc. ever actually use Matter Manipulation on panel except for pulling himself back together after being dispersed.

Wimjet
shouldn't be beyond void.

key word you used was shouldnt

quanchi112
thumb up

laughing out loud ?

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Except we never see Void/Sentry/Voidtry/etc. ever actually use Matter Manipulation on panel except for pulling himself back together after being dispersed.

Well, when he defeated MM we did.

Originally posted by Wimjet
key word you used was shouldnt

True it's hypothetical, that said isn't anything with a powerset like that.

Prime has never been out muscled i'll grant you, but even though he "always" get's out. We know Sentry can do dimensional travel from when Genis dropped him in a different one and he had to find his way out. Whose to say he can't take Prime into one and leave him.

Zack Fair
When did Prime break the phantom zone? ....... What is 'Martial' Manhunter? Uh, Prime never speed blitzed the Flashes. What is 'puncked'?

Prime broke out of the phantom zone when he fought teen titans and co. during Infinite Crisis.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Prime broke out of the phantom zone when he fought teen titans and co. during Infinite Crisis.

I don't remember him punching his way out of the Phantom Zone and I have all 6 issues, who had the projector? I haven't read it for a bit, i'll go back and have a look.

Gecko4lif
I don't remember him punching his way out of the Phantom Zone and I have all 6 issues, who had the projector? I haven't read it for a bit, i'll go back and have a look.
He most certainly did.

Daemon Seed
He most certainly did.

Who had the projector?

Bentley

Look, Monarch stomped heralds without breaking the suit, that speaks highly of his power and durability.

Also, we don't invent feats for characters because we feel like they could do something. I cannot pick a rookie GL and use Hal's feats, even if their powerset are the same. We aren't even sure if Void has actual matter manipulation powers, but even if he had them, we'd need feats to pull anything like that.

Daemon Seed
Look, Monarch stomped heralds without breaking the suit, that speaks highly of his power and durability.

Also, we don't invent feats for characters because we feel like they could do something. I cannot pick a rookie GL and use Hal's feats, even if their powerset are the same. We aren't even sure if Void has actual matter manipulation powers, but even if he had them, we'd need feats to pull anything like that.

Ahh it's no doubt guardian amped prime was above most heralds; but, he only tore the Armour, Monarchs own power did the rest, a bit like what happened to the alternate Captain Atom in Kingdom come only on a larger scale.

Ahh, well voidtry had matter manip powers as he was able to change his form etc so easily in Avengers, therefore he can transmute.... Voidtry had light powers anyway so why not do a red star on him? Afterall he has a million exploding ones to use...

Sin I AM
Ahh it's no doubt guardian amped prime was above most heralds; but, he only tore the Armour, Monarchs own power did the rest, a bit like what happened to the alternate Captain Atom in Kingdom come only on a larger scale.

Ahh, well voidtry had matter manip powers as he was able to change his form etc so easily in Avengers, therefore he can transmute.... Voidtry had light powers anyway so why not do a red star on him? Afterall he has a million exploding ones to use...

SMP is so much more than void..that avengers squad that battled void was nothing SAVE thor, and the norn stones boost was too ambiguous, ares has shite durability, and lokis "death" was suicide...all in all for all his supposed "power" he was only a local threat, he showed zero matter manip feats except his own molecular control which is far from transmutation

whereas prime is so much more

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Sin I AM
SMP is so much more than void..that avengers squad that battled void was nothing SAVE thor, and the norn stones boost was too ambiguous, ares has shite durability, and lokis "death" was suicide...all in all for all his supposed "power" he was only a local threat, he showed zero matter manip feats except his own molecular control which is far from transmutation

whereas prime is so much more

The first time the avengers battled Void in New Avengers 'Sentry' arc he battled lots more high level powers and beat them all.

Sin I AM
The first time the avengers battled Void in New Avengers 'Sentry' arc he battled lots more high level powers and beat them all.

who did he actually battle, refresh my memory

apple pie

bbrem123
who did he actually battle, refresh my memory

there were people like classic strange, fantastic four, xmen, blackbolt, namor, ironman and others...all they could do was have bob stop the void...they couldnt do anything to void...and frist time they fought void there was even people like thor and hulk there and they still couldnt do anything to void, only sentry could.

to be honest...siege was a low showing for void overall...dont see why people disregard everything else he has done.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by bbrem123
there were people like classic strange, fantastic four, xmen, blackbolt, namor, ironman and others...all they could do was have bob stop the void...they couldnt do anything to void...and frist time they fought void there was even people like thor and hulk there and they still couldnt do anything to void, only sentry could.

to be honest...siege was a low showing for void overall...dont see why people disregard everything else he has done.

Pretty much my thoughts, but I doubt most of the people disregarding have been reading comics long enough to remember 'Sentry' in New Avengers or the first mini series, or the second for that matter.

Uriel005
Pretty much my thoughts, but I doubt most of the people disregarding have been reading comics long enough to remember 'Sentry' in New Avengers or the first mini series, or the second for that matter. I just feel that Prime overall has accomplished and shown far better showings than Void even at standard levels. I mean before GA amp he was casually tossing mobs of Green Lanterns like toys. Even stormtrooper level Lanterns are still low heralds at least. He's fought the anti-monitor and delivered reality altering punches on several occasions. Shifted the center of the universe and took on several guardians until one of them was forced to suicide bomb him and all that did was give him an amp and KO him. That was all at base level on top of the times that he's wrecked several teams, Mordru was forced to bow to him and despite the fact that it was a rather low showing for Mordru the fact that writers had the balls to even say that Mordru would willingly bow to someone shows that SBP is far beyond even Trans tier as I would put Mordru on Skyfather level at the very least with how he's punked Nabu and Fate at their best when they were representing the universe as Lords of Order.

Daemon Seed
I just feel that Prime overall has accomplished and shown far better showings than Void even at standard levels. I mean before GA amp he was casually tossing mobs of Green Lanterns like toys. Even stormtrooper level Lanterns are still low heralds at least. He's fought the anti-monitor and delivered reality altering punches on several occasions. Shifted the center of the universe and took on several guardians until one of them was forced to suicide bomb him and all that did was give him an amp and KO him. That was all at base level on top of the times that he's wrecked several teams, Mordru was forced to bow to him and despite the fact that it was a rather low showing for Mordru the fact that writers had the balls to even say that Mordru would willingly bow to someone shows that SBP is far beyond even Trans tier as I would put Mordru on Skyfather level at the very least with how he's punked Nabu and Fate at their best when they were representing the universe as Lords of Order.

Yeah, Prime is invulnerable to magic so Mordru and co are taylor made for him and fodder lanterns are like Ninjas the more you have the weaker they get.

tkitna
Dont know enough about Prime to guage an honest opinion. All i've ever heard or read on here though is that he's a beast. I need to catch up on some of his stuff.

Sin I AM
lol @ not reading comics...........even still marvel earths mightiest does not compare to the dc crew Prime was decimating and we all know classic strange should/could have put him down...seems like cis to me

quanchi112
lol @ not reading comics...........even still marvel earths mightiest does not compare to the dc crew Prime was decimating and we all know classic strange should/could have put him down...seems like cis to me Which crew was Prime decimating ? Please fill me in.

Daemon Seed
Which crew was Prime decimating ? Please fill me in.

I'm interested also....

In the Sentry arc, the characters present match any team standard and guardian amped prime faced. Myx and Mordru don't count because he is invulnerable to magic, which means they are taylor made for him.

Bentley
I'm interested also....

In the Sentry arc, the characters present match any team standard and guardian amped prime faced. Myx and Mordru don't count because he is invulnerable to magic, which means they are taylor made for him.

Actually Prime would tear through the team Void faced, since the biggest threats are magic-able themselves.

Daemon Seed
Actually Prime would tear through the team Void faced, since the biggest threats are magic-able themselves.

Hmmm, I actually agree over Thor and Dr Strange; however, who's to say Marvel magic works the same way as DC universe magic...... I certainly don't think it does and, if variations in universal Kryptonite affect Superman, multiversal magical laws certainly might.

Bentley
Hmmm, I actually agree over Thor and Dr Strange; however, who's to say Marvel magic works the same way as DC universe magic...... I certainly don't think it does and, if variations in universal Kryptonite affect Superman, multiversal magical laws certainly might.

Huh, I think there is a rule in the forum which would make Prime inmune to any kind of magic. I'd need to check though -and I'm lazy-.

Daemon Seed
Huh, I think there is a rule in the forum which would make Prime inmune to any kind of magic. I'd need to check though -and I'm lazy-.

If there is you're right; however, it seems silly as magic is portrayed significantly differently in DCU, Marvel and other Universes like Vertigo. This is what worries me about the ressurection (albeit as different Universal characters) of John Constantine and Swampy in DCU.

zeel
1. void
2. prime
3. prime

Sin I AM
Destroying a universe >>>>>>>>>>>>> a million suns.

and no matter how much you guys whine Void at his best showing was at MOST a planetary threat, he never even reached galactic threat.

he is not on Primes level

and if u guys think Classic Strange didnt job to epic levels when he "fought" Void your sick

Classic Strange is argubly the most powerful hero ever made. He negated the powers of the infinity guantlet, he fought Adam with the guantlet, he koed Galactus 2-3 times with one spell, defeated Dormammu in his own realm, defeating Shuma gorath, and defeated In-Betweener without prep while IB was being amped by the LT. Yet somehow despite all this, he was helpless to defeat a junkie superhero with an emo alter-ego gtfoh

bbrem123

and no matter how much you guys whine Void at his best showing was at MOST a planetary threat, he never even reached galactic threat.

and if u guys think Classic Strange didnt job to epic levels when he "fought" Void your sick

Classic Strange is argubly the most powerful hero ever made. He negated the powers of the infinity guantlet, he fought Adam with the guantlet, he koed Galactus 2-3 times with one spell, defeated Dormammu in his own realm, defeating Shuma gorath, and defeated In-Betweener without prep while IB was being amped by the LT. Yet somehow despite all this, he was helpless to defeat a junkie superhero with an emo alter-ego gtfoh

so ur saying he jobbed every time void he came in counter with void...hahaha thats laughable

maybe there is alittle more to sentry and void then that buddy...there are many things that lead me to asume this too...MM's statement, biblical reference, ultron unable to determine his powers, and even his existance is a mystery

Sin I AM
so ur saying he jobbed every time void he came in counter with void...hahaha thats laughable

maybe there is alittle more to sentry and void then that buddy...there are many things that lead me to asume this too...MM's statement, biblical reference, ultron unable to determine his powers, and even his existance is a mystery

yes i am....do you believe void can defeat strange in a forum battle?

ok lets examine your logic

MM statement = zilch since he was obviously out of his mind and not at his full power

biblical reference = hyperbole, amounts to as much as peter parker stating sentry he stalemated galactus

ultron unable to determine his powers = laughable, since nearly every low heral and above have unquantifiable power levels, dont mean they cant be beat

his existance is a mystery = who gives a phuck about his backstory, he's a junkie superhero with an inferiority complex and an emo-maniacal alter ego...how is that even relevant

bbrem123
yes i am....do you believe void can defeat strange in a forum battle?

ok lets examine your logic

MM statement = zilch since he was obviously out of his mind and not at his full power

biblical reference = hyperbole, amounts to as much as peter parker stating sentry he stalemated galactus

ultron unable to determine his powers = laughable, since nearly every low heral and above have unquantifiable power levels, dont mean they cant be beat

his existance is a mystery = who gives a phuck about his backstory, he's a junkie superhero with an inferiority complex and an emo-maniacal alter ego...how is that even relevant

wtf?...seriously...MM never tasted molecules like his before...stop making ups stuff...MM lost, accept it

biblical reference shows the exact same black tentacles as the void showed over new york(void also says it is gods will)

ultron couldnt determine his energy signal to find a weakness...so i have clue why you even said what u did

and his mysterious background was just another example. And no the whole junkie thing is not even legit...nobody know what he is. So ur wrong again

uatu even says he is he angel of death in the what if...i know they are not except as evidence but there is only one uatu so it should count

Sin I AM
wtf?...seriously...MM never tasted molecules like his before...stop making ups stuff...MM lost, accept it

biblical reference shows the exact same black tentacles as the void showed over new york(void also says it is gods will)

ultron couldnt determine his energy signal to find a weakness...so i have clue why you even said what u did

and his mysterious background was just another example. And no the whole junkie thing is not even legit...nobody know what he is. So ur wrong again

uatu even says he is he angel of death in the what if...i know they are not except as evidence but there is only one uatu so it should count

what ifs arent canon, dead argument

his backstory holds no relevance

simply because ultron could not gauge his power levels accurately does not mean his is undefeatable. Hulks strength is not able to be calculated by several sources, however he can and has been beat down before several times before

biblical reference means absolutely NOTHING get over it, stop trying to make void more than what he is. even if thats the same void and not robert subconsciously referencing something he's read...what difference does it make, it alludes to no particular degree of power. your barking up the wrong tree with that one

who cares if he tasted molecules like that before his powerset is different so what

Daemon Seed
Monarch destroyed the Universe.

quanchi112

Classic Strange is argubly the most powerful hero ever made. He negated the powers of the infinity guantlet, he fought Adam with the guantlet, he koed Galactus 2-3 times with one spell, defeated Dormammu in his own realm, defeating Shuma gorath, and defeated In-Betweener without prep while IB was being amped by the LT. Yet somehow despite all this, he was helpless to defeat a junkie superhero with an emo alter-ego gtfoh Whatever the threat is it depends on if you have the means to defeat your opponent or not. If someone can rape the mind of someone with the power to take down the galaxy then that person wins. We don't argue based off of pure power vs. pure power alone so your point makes no sense.

Prime isn't anywhere near as formidable as the Void is at his best who is a team wrecker while Prime for the most part flees from teams or has massive help.

Black bolt z
Prime wins all three

Uriel005
Sin stop trying to put down void. He is still a team wrecker. However I do agree that the MM man fight was down right stupid. MM fought at the level of someone like Element Lad at best and at worst fought like Galactus, Doom, or Thanos against squirrel girl (I apologize squirrel girl for stating your victories as less than you crushing your foes at nothing less than their absolute best).

SBP has done more than void ever has without amps.

Daemon Seed
Whatever the threat is it depends on if you have the means to defeat your opponent or not. If someone can rape the mind of someone with the power to take down the galaxy then that person wins. We don't argue based off of pure power vs. pure power alone so your point makes no sense.

Prime isn't anywhere near as formidable as the Void is at his best who is a team wrecker while Prime for the most part flees from teams or has massive help.

Both are team Wreckers, Prime offered to kill all the Lanterns and Guardians and one sacrificed himself to remove Prime. That said until siege... No one had been able to do more than stall or misdirect Void.

quanchi112
Both are team Wreckers, Prime offered to kill all the Lanterns and Guardians and one sacrificed himself to remove Prime. That said until siege... No one had been able to do more than stall or misdirect Void. Prime killed thirty some while trying to get to oa and one guardian chose to sacrifice himself and was all that was needed to get rid of Prime.

Sin I AM
Sin stop trying to put down void. He is still a team wrecker. However I do agree that the MM man fight was down right stupid. MM fought at the level of someone like Element Lad at best and at worst fought like Galactus, Doom, or Thanos against squirrel girl (I apologize squirrel girl for stating your victories as less than you crushing your foes at nothing less than their absolute best).

SBP has done more than void ever has without amps.

noone is putting down prime, i just dont like cock jockeying, Void just does not have the feats to match Prime plain and simple.

bbrem123
what ifs arent canon, dead argument

his backstory holds no relevance

simply because ultron could not gauge his power levels accurately does not mean his is undefeatable. Hulks strength is not able to be calculated by several sources, however he can and has been beat down before several times before

biblical reference means absolutely NOTHING get over it, stop trying to make void more than what he is. even if thats the same void and not robert subconsciously referencing something he's read...what difference does it make, it alludes to no particular degree of power. your barking up the wrong tree with that one

who cares if he tasted molecules like that before his powerset is different so what

wow is all i have to say...so ur just gonna disregard every other showing of void? is that how u debate?

bbrem123
noone is putting down prime, i just dont like cock jockeying, Void just does not have the feats to match Prime plain and simple.

so where do u put void? high herald? haha

nothing prime can do here...

Sin I AM
so where do u put void? high herald? haha

nothing prime can do here...

yes.........a non jobbing Silver Surfer can replicate practically every feat Void/Sentry has done to include the cis-laden MM fight that doesnt make him trans now does it

wow is all i have to say...so ur just gonna disregard every other showing of void? is that how u debate?

what r u referring to

psycho gundam
i just dont like cock jockeying http://i53.tinypic.com/1sbbqu.jpg

quanchi112
noone is putting down prime, i just dont like cock jockeying, Void just does not have the feats to match Prime plain and simple. Yes, he most certainly does. In fact Prime doesn't have the feats to put Prime down especially when you consider the Void's abilities/feats/powers.

Punching the Void isn't going to beat him and if he fears the flashes he's going to be terrified of the Void.

wildernesss
didn't void destroy Thor & the other heroes within the first few pages of Siege # 4??? They are only revived back to life because of the norn stones. one of the heroes even comments that they got a "second chance" or something like that. Can someone please find the scan?????

this means that void did indeed destroy Thor.... AND ripped ares in two, destroyed Loki in 3 seconds. void was only thwarted via magic stoneswhich suppressed his powers. even then, Bob had to allow thor to kill him & will himself not to regenerate. SBP doesn't have any magic, & neither bob or void will submit to him.

Gecko4lif
Yes, he most certainly does. In fact Prime doesn't have the feats to put Prime down especially when you consider the Void's abilities/feats/powers.

Punching the Void isn't going to beat him and if he fears the flashes he's going to be terrified of the Void.
He fears the flashes because they through his ass in another dimension.

quanchi112
He fears the flashes because they through his ass in another dimension. He also fears darkness and the Void can do a lot more than just banish him to another dimension.

Bentley
Originally posted by wildernesss
didn't void destroy Thor & the other heroes within the first few pages of Siege # 4??? They are only revived back to life because of the norn stones. one of the heroes even comments that they got a "second chance" or something like that. Can someone please find the scan?????

this means that void did indeed destroy Thor.... AND ripped ares in two, destroyed Loki in 3 seconds. void was only thwarted via magic stoneswhich suppressed his powers. even then, Bob had to allow thor to kill him & will himself not to regenerate. SBP doesn't have any magic, & neither bob or void will submit to him.

To be fair, Cap blocked the blast, so he never became outclassed by the Void...

Uriel005
To be fair, Cap blocked the blast, so he never became outclassed by the Void... Caps also been on the wrong side of the most powerful pimp hand in Marvel. Clearly he's pushing abstract at this point.

wildernesss
destroying thor is a huge feat. void's infini-tendrils pierced thor & thor died. It's interesting how that feat is overlooked so often....

SBP does not have norn stones. he loses.

Daemon Seed
destroying thor is a huge feat. void's infini-tendrils pierced thor & thor died. It's interesting how that feat is overlooked so often....

You see, I have played Devils advocate in this thread and will continue to do so because both are capable of pulling out crazy impossible feats. Which make them almost impossible to argue against. I believe non amped Prime would lose. Amped toss up, Time trapper.... Sentry/Prime has already avoided erasure from the time line and returned from being put in another dimension. Who can say who would win out of these two?

Bentley

Killed? You sure Thor was killed?

Prime would reap through the same team Void fought anyways, he'd pierce Thor's skull with a single heat vision blast.

the ninjak
Superboy Prime was a cocky prick.

He'll stand there and mock Void. Void will stick his tendrils into SP and disassemble him.

1.Void.
2.Void.
3.SPrime.

wildernesss
it sure looked like thor & company were destroyed by blasts of infini-tendrils from void's hand in the opening pages. the comment that they're getting a "second chance" seems to not just imply that they died, but confirm it. it's a not seeing the forest for the trees situation, since so many people seem to overlook the obvious. but don't take my word for it. read the issue again or post a scan. it seems very clear to me that void destroyed thor in the opening pages. I think it has been overlooked by so many because it's paradoxically subtle & obvious at the same time. go figure.

the ninjak
Oh Thor was screwed.

quanchi112
Killed? You sure Thor was killed?

Prime would reap through the same team Void fought anyways, he'd pierce Thor's skull with a single heat vision blast. Even though he hasn't done the same to superboy, superman, black adam, martian manhunter, etc. LOL.

Deadline
it sure looked like thor & company were destroyed by blasts of infini-tendrils from void's hand in the opening pages. the comment that they're getting a "second chance" seems to not just imply that they died, but confirm it. it's a not seeing the forest for the trees situation, since so many people seem to overlook the obvious. but don't take my word for it. read the issue again or post a scan. it seems very clear to me that void destroyed thor in the opening pages. I think it has been overlooked by so many because it's paradoxically subtle & obvious at the same time. go figure.

Interesting....nah he wasn't killed.

Bentley
Even though he hasn't done the same to superboy, superman, black adam, martian manhunter, etc. LOL.

You know that superheroes just don't suffer gruesome deaths for nothing right? Prime's heatvision went through Superman, whose durability is above Thor's. Prime piercing Thor with HV is no stretch.

quanchi112
You know that superheroes just don't suffer gruesome deaths for nothing right? Prime's heatvision went through Superman, whose durability is above Thor's. Prime piercing Thor with HV is no stretch. Piercing his hand and head are two completely different scenarios. Also highlighting one feat when he's fought many heroes and acting like this is the norm isn't right especially when considering Thor uses his hammer to redirect attacks.

Prime can't do what the Void does. He can't come back from what the Void has nor can he attack groups like Void can and has effortlessly.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i53.tinypic.com/1sbbqu.jpg

smokin' ..............unless its worth it wink

Gecko4lif
Piercing his hand and head are two completely different scenarios. Also highlighting one feat when he's fought many heroes and acting like this is the norm isn't right especially when considering Thor uses his hammer to redirect attacks.

Prime can't do what the Void does. He can't come back from what the Void has nor can he attack groups like Void can and has effortlessly.

It went through his torso....

Sin I AM
which feats are you using from void? and does it count when sentrys eyes turn black?

quanchi112
It went through his torso.... Whose torso ?

which feats are you using from void? and does it count when sentrys eyes turn black? His feats from siege and sentry's first title. I don't even need the MM feat here.

Sin I AM

His feats from siege and sentry's first title. I don't even need the MM feat here.

is that the concensus of the forum, because it can be debated that at times when he was in his sentry persona, void was the one in charge

s/n the mm feat was utter horse shit so i dont know why a respectable debater would use it anyway

quanchi112
is that the concensus of the forum, because it can be debated that at times when he was in his sentry persona, void was the one in charge

s/n the mm feat was utter horse shit so i dont know why a respectable debater would use it anyway It's a legit feat but since you don't like it I am sure it doesn't count but hey who cares I am not using it.

Void has put teams into submission while Prime has fled from teams or benefited from huge wars and just attacking random people randomly. Prime unlike the Void can bring the pain on his own to multiple foes at once.

Sin I AM
It's a legit feat but since you don't like it I am sure it doesn't count but hey who cares I am not using it.

Void has put teams into submission while Prime has fled from teams or benefited from huge wars and just attacking random people randomly. Prime unlike the Void can bring the pain on his own to multiple foes at once.

to may toe/ to ma toe, u say legit feat, i say artisitic abortion...i dont like it because it goes against 40 + years of continuity, but alas who cares

Void has never been able to completely control robert, his fractured psyche which defines Void is also his greatest hindrance, even when u STACK THE DECK and state in the op "Voids Totally In Control", thereby negating low feats and only using those rare 2 instances where he did something remotely living up to the hype,..whose to say that, thats not his modus operanda? that he his power is to always completely and totally fail, and yet its STILL nowhere near the feats that Prime has accomplished, and im not even using the reality punch, or the universal blast, etc...

the problem with Void battles is that you cant use ANY low showing because fanboy turds scream PIS/CIS or he WANTED TO DIE!! gtfoh, if he was so awe-inspiring and powerful he could have easily suppressed robert long enough to kill one more god, or ATLEAST decimate more than an Agsdardian castle and some land around Oklahoma

its sickening really

Daemon Seed
to may toe/ to ma toe, u say legit feat, i say artisitic abortion...i dont like it because it goes against 40 + years of continuity, but alas who cares

Void has never been able to completely control robert, his fractured psyche which defines Void is also his greatest hindrance, even when u STACK THE DECK and state in the op "Voids Totally In Control", thereby negating low feats and only using those rare 2 instances where he did something remotely living up to the hype,..whose to say that, thats not his modus operanda? that he his power is to always completely and totally fail, and yet its STILL nowhere near the feats that Prime has accomplished, and im not even using the reality punch, or the universal blast, etc...

the problem with Void battles is that you cant use ANY low showing because fanboy turds scream PIS/CIS or he WANTED TO DIE!! gtfoh, if he was so awe-inspiring and powerful he could have easily suppressed robert long enough to kill one more god, or ATLEAST decimate more than an Agsdardian castle and some land around Oklahoma

its sickening really

The problem with not believing he wanted to die is he has come back from far far worse, like with Morgana le fey, good Sir.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
There have been arguments about Sentry, Void, Siege and Molecule Man. This has been an on again, off again discussion among mods and a few posters.

We think the best way to handle the disagreement is as follows:

Siege Sentry/Void should be a self contained character within the arc for thread purposes. And not applied to anything before Siege.

Sentry and Void feats are not interchangeable, at all.

Siege feats by Sentry and Void should not be applied to anything preceding the arc.

The Molecule Man vs Sentry/Void fight shouldn't be considered a typical or average showing since the power displayed happened only once and therefore isn't verifiable. Also, Owen's erratic past regarding his own mental state should be considered.

It's apparent that Sentry/Void was evolving during Siege by the feats and dialogue. It's also shown that Sentry was "voiding" out even when he still looked like regular Sentry. Given the ambiguity regarding Sentry/Void, we think it's for the best that the character be separated by the Siege arc.

So, to avoid excess flaming and bashing, we would like threads to show either the Siege Sentry/Void or regular Sentry/Void to avoid any problems.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-

so for the purposes of this thread, its regular sentry/void no seige feats?

-Pr-

no, it's void, but he can't use pre siege feats iirc.

Daemon Seed

It would seem so.

Sin I AM

all the more better........ wink thanks hun! stick out tongue

Daemon Seed
Void is somewhat hamstrung here..

iceman24567
all the more better........ wink thanks hun! stick out tongue Using female seduction powers = auto Quaned

Daemon Seed
Using 'female' seduction powers = auto Quaned

shifty

-Pr-
Using female seduction powers = auto Quaned

you jelly.

iceman24567
you jelly. And i ......am crutch

Bentley
Piercing his hand and head are two completely different scenarios. Also highlighting one feat when he's fought many heroes and acting like this is the norm isn't right especially when considering Thor uses his hammer to redirect attacks.

I agree Void has shown better omni blasts than Prime, and that they are different characters. Prime survived two full annihilation attacks, including the destruction of an universe, good stuff.

Superman's unvulnerability is way higher than Thor, specially against piercing attacks. I agree that Thor can absorb Prime's heat vision, but only if he reacts to it -against Prime who is the faster opponent-. Loki in the otherhand, doesn't have the comodity of mjolnir.

Don't delude yourself, the teams Void fought aren't anything that Prime can't handle easily, those teams weren't very stacked to begin with.

quanchi112

its sickening really Writers go against continuity all the time.

The Void's showings demonstrate his superior power and Prime's reality punch was only made possible due to the circumstances he was he he doesn't reality punch other foes outside those events so I say context.

The universal blast is up for interpretation since Prime never tanked it on panel, ever. The Monitor did but Prime was moved throughout the timestream.

When has Prime been portrayed as superior to the Void ?

The writer corroborated it. We don't use mindsets like as proof. If Prime let someone kill him we wouldn't argue that as a forum tactic. Prime wouldn't just stand there and let someone cur his throat nor does the Void want Prime to kill him here anyways.

The Void really doesn't have any low feats so go ahead and knock yourself out.

Void also did more than just brought down asgard while fighting thor. He ripped ares and loki in half and was dominating the avengers before loki norn stone amped them. as the miz that would say, awesome.

Bentley
I find it funny that Void only dying if he wants to die is fact while Prime tanking an universe blast is interpretation.

quanchi112
I find it funny that Void only dying if he wants to die is fact while Prime tanking an universe blast is interpretation. Th writer backed it up while Prime wasn't seen surviving the blast nor did the writer ever corroborate it. He was outside the universe and the only two things that survived it were the monitor and the plant.

Bentley
Th writer backed it up while Prime wasn't seen surviving the blast nor did the writer ever corroborate it. He was outside the universe and the only two things that survived it were the monitor and the plant.

Don't make me write to Geoff uhuh

Jokes aside, if you still can't see your double standards I can't help you with your debate awesr

quanchi112
Don't make me write to Geoff uhuh

Jokes aside, if you still can't see your double standards I can't help you with your debate awesr There is no double standard. Void has showed the ability to reform from complete destruction so the writer actually backing it up just kinda makes it iron clad. Posters still claimed before bendis backed this up that bob wanting to die had nothing to do with Thor killing him.

Prime wasn't on panel after the blast and it makes perfect sense he got lost in the timestream because of this since he wasn't there nor did the Monitor sense him there after the blast.

Sin I AM

Void also did more than just brought down asgard while fighting thor. He ripped ares and loki in half and was dominating the avengers before loki norn stone amped them. as the miz that would say, awesome.

this is what i have a problem with^

Loki stated that he could have avoided death, and in order to insure some new future he allowed it to happen, so his death at Voids hands was suicidal.

and Ares, ok lets talk about Ares, ANY class 100 character should/could, replicate that feat. Its NOTHING to brag about, the ONLY reason its even relevant to anyone is because he is a "god" (which means absolutely NOTHING in Marvel. His durability has always been shite, i mean he's what class 60 at best? Id be MORE impressed if he ripped Luke Cage in half

Sin I AM
Using female seduction powers = auto Quaned

shifty

you jelly.

lol i just caught this, u boys r silly...i dont think PR likes "dark meat" anyway lmao hahahaha stick out tongue

quanchi112
this is what i have a problem with^

Loki stated that he could have avoided death, and in order to insure some new future he allowed it to happen, so his death at Voids hands was suicidal.

and Ares, ok lets talk about Ares, ANY class 100 character should/could, replicate that feat. Its NOTHING to brag about, the ONLY reason its even relevant to anyone is because he is a "god" (which means absolutely NOTHING in Marvel. His durability has always been shite, i mean he's what class 60 at best? Id be MORE impressed if he ripped Luke Cage in half He could have escaped the death through trickery not come back under his own power like the Void has done on panel.

The same writer said he deemed ares an equal of Thor and no one else ripped ares in half. You can claim all the things you want about the Void but handing the avengers their asses with ease and taking down loki to boot after already ripping the god of war in half and bringing down asgard is hella impressive.

You can claim all the things you want but prime struggling with superboy and him being scarred for life one on one is worse than anything that has happened to the Void.

-Pr-
lol i just caught this, u boys r silly...i dont think PR likes "dark meat" anyway lmao hahahaha stick out tongue

lol, if you saw my lady you'd be surprised, then.

--

also, quan, stop using double standards. I know you've been doing it for a while, but it's never too late to change...

Sin I AM
He could have escaped the death through trickery not come back under his own power like the Void has done on panel.

The same writer said he deemed ares an equal of Thor and no one else ripped ares in half. You can claim all the things you want about the Void but handing the avengers their asses with ease and taking down loki to boot after already ripping the god of war in half and bringing down asgard is hella impressive.

You can claim all the things you want but prime struggling with superboy and him being scarred for life one on one is worse than anything that has happened to the Void.

lol ok quan i give him credit for Loki, even if smarter writers corrected it what happened later....

but Ares equal to Thor? gtfoh, even if Stan Lee stated it himself you and i know damn well it aint true

i wont respond to the superboy comment, unless u want me bringing up helicarriers

quanchi112
lol ok quan i give him credit for Loki, even if smarter writers corrected it what happened later....

but Ares equal to Thor? gtfoh, even if Stan Lee stated it himself you and i know damn well it aint true

i wont respond to the superboy comment, unless u want me bringing up helicarriers I didn't say it was true for all writers but the writer who did so said they were equal in power and showed how both paled in comparison to the Void. That's the point.

The helicarrier didn't defeat him. It caused the guilt to resurface and then he made Thor kill him which he didn't want to do. The only being shown capable of defeating Void has always been himself. Boom.

psycho gundam
smokin' ..............unless its worth it wink http://i52.tinypic.com/zvvhwh.jpg

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i52.tinypic.com/zvvhwh.jpg

you sir mad ....................are WINNING!

PR step your e-game up wink

iceman24567
lol i just caught this, u boys r silly...i dont think PR likes "dark meat" anyway lmao hahahaha stick out tongue Dark meat? Sit in a tanning booth for 24 hours straight then we can talk about dark meat

Gecko4lif
Dark meat? Sit in a tanning booth for 24 hours straight then we can talk about dark meat
you'd be red from your skin falling off

bbrem123
I didn't say it was true for all writers but the writer who did so said they were equal in power and showed how both paled in comparison to the Void. That's the point.

The helicarrier didn't defeat him. It caused the guilt to resurface and then he made Thor kill him which he didn't want to do. The only being shown capable of defeating Void has always been himself. Boom. thumb up

-Pr-
you sir mad ....................are WINNING!

PR step your e-game up wink

laughing out loud

carver9
Void wins a high majority.

JayDaDon
Psycho's killin me with those gifs.

Genius Grace

ankur29
The helicarrier didn't defeat him. It caused the guilt to resurface and then he made Thor kill him which he didn't want to do. The only being shown capable of defeating Void has always been himself. Boom.

thumb up

keiththegreat
Prime wins all three

quanchi112
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Prime wins all three laughing out loud

PillarofOsiris
Prime would have ripped Thor's arms off in Siege. And then beaten down the rest of the Avengers with them. Prime wins all three.

iceman24567
Prime in all three

Estacado
Prime.

carver9
Void.

Nibedicus
No doubt Prime would do better vs the Avengers in Siege. I think he's the more combat effective of this matchuo. Just a quick question, tho, how does he win if his opponent can simply reform at will?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Nibedicus
No doubt Prime would do better vs the Avengers in Siege. I think he's the more combat effective of this matchuo. Just a quick question, tho, how does he win if his opponent can simply reform at will? Reform from being koed? Not to mention the other shit Time Trapper can pull out of his ass

carver9
No doubt Prime would do better vs the Avengers in Siege. I think he's the more combat effective of this matchuo. Just a quick question, tho, how does he win if his opponent can simply reform at will?

Void has fought teams consistently...don't know why people resort to that one showing when there are multiples of showings with him stomping teams without effort.

Nibedicus
Reform from being koed? Not to mention the other shit Time Trapper can pull out of his ass

From memory, I don't recall ever seeing Void-ed out Sentry getting KO'd. While I've seen Sentry getting virtually demolecularized by MM several times and just simply reformed nonchalantly. I mean, I know Prime's been able to pull some crazy stuff thru his punches and heat vision, but when has he ever destroyed somebody who could virtually reform at will at the level Void could?

Time Trapper is a different story, yes, but that's for scenario 3.

iceman24567
From memory, I don't recall ever seeing Void-ed out Sentry getting KO'd. While I've seen Sentry getting virtually demolecularized by MM several times and just simply reformed nonchalantly. I mean, I know Prime's been able to pull some crazy stuff thru his punches and heat vision, but when has he ever destroyed somebody who could virtually reform at will at the level Void could?

Time Trapper is a different story, yes, but that's for scenario 3. So you are saying because the Void hasn't been koed in his 3 appearances he cant be koed? Monarch was never Koed and it took a Universe exploding in GA Primes face to Ko him i guess scenario two is a stomp in primes favor.

Nibedicus
So you are saying because the Void hasn't been koed in his 3 appearances he cant be koed? Monarch was never Koed and it took a Universe exploding in GA Primes face to Ko him i guess scenario two is a stomp in primes favor.

The nature of him not being KO'd is important, tho. Void/Sentry takes the damage and keeps on chugging. Being able to shrug off hits is different from getting damaged from hits and treating even the most extreme damage like nothing.

I see the Monarch's duability vs Void's kinda like a diamond vs water. Hit a diamond enough times with a hard enough blow, it'll crack and break eventually. You can tear and hammer at water til your hammer turns tho dust, it'll still water.

Not saying Void wins. But how does SBP win?

iceman24567
The nature of him not being KO'd is important, tho. Void/Sentry takes the damage and keeps on chugging. Being able to shrug off hits is different from getting damaged from hits and treating even the most extreme damage like nothing.

I see the Monarch's duability vs Void's kinda like a diamond vs water. Hit a diamond enough times with a hard enough blow, it'll crack and break eventually. You can tear and hammer at water til your hammer turns tho dust, it'll still water.

Not saying Void wins. But how does SBP win? Its obvious that enough damage will ko the Void he was killed after all it is possible to damage it. Like i said before by koing it no expression

Nibedicus
Its obvious that enough damage will ko the Void he was killed after all it is possible to damage it. Like i said before by koing it no expression

Many will argue that this was due to him wanting to die. And it would be hard to argue against it as he has been shown to sustain far worse damage (demolecularization and even possible time-erasure) and just keep on chugging like nothing happened.

PillarofOsiris
Its obvious that enough damage will ko the Void he was killed after all it is possible to damage it. Like i said before by koing it no expression

This. Also, as I've said many times before, people keep saying Bob wanted to die when Thor killed him, fine. But BEFORE THAT, when the Hellicarrier hit him, after being pounded on by Thor's amped lightning, the Void was damaged so badly he reverted to Bob, where at any time he wanted to, Thor could have delivered a single killing blow whether Bob wanted to die or not. Sentry has been pounded by WWH so badly that he ran out of energy also. It can be done. Granted, it took a lot of punishment, but it happened. Prime can deliver MULTIPLE TIMES more punishment than either WWH or the team that brought down Void.

iceman24567
Many will argue that this was due to him wanting to die. And it would be hard to argue against it as he has been shown to sustain far worse damage (demolecularization and even possible time-erasure) and just keep on chugging like nothing happened. During siege attacks did affect him so as long as its possible to damage him a ko is possible even pure energy beings like Galactus have been koed by physical force the Void is no different

the ninjak
Void was simply KO'd into Sentry state. Who wanted to die.

In a forum fight Sentry would want to die in order to not simply instantly revert back into Void state.

And even if Sentry was killed he can just reform behind his opponent and kill em.

But considering this fight is only Void. Ko'ing him into Sentry state counts as wins.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
This. Also, as I've said many times before, people keep saying Bob wanted to die when Thor killed him, fine. But BEFORE THAT, when the Hellicarrier hit him, after being pounded on by Thor's amped lightning, the Void was damaged so badly he reverted to Bob, where at any time he wanted to, Thor could have delivered a single killing blow whether Bob wanted to die or not. Sentry has been pounded by WWH so badly that he ran out of energy also. It can be done. Granted, it took a lot of punishment, but it happened. Prime can deliver MULTIPLE TIMES more punishment than either WWH or the team that brought down Void.

WWH Sentry isn't the Sentry during the end of Siege, tho. WWH Sentry hasn't yet been shown to be able to reform past demolecularization. WWH-Sentry didn't have Matter Manip powers and WW Sentry was still quite "distinct" from his Void persona at that time. I feel that on the latter parts of the arc, Sentry and Void got more and more joined as a psyche (due to Osborn's influence) as well as new powers getting awakened due to his encounter with MM.

The Helicarrier incident can be written off or explained by the impact simply jarring back his righteous "Bob" persona (like getting woken up from a nightmare) temporarily and his "Bob" persona lowering his defenses and asking to be killed before the Void persona could take over.

I dunno, at least that's how I read the arc...

carver9
It's debatable if Prime is stronger than WWH.

PillarofOsiris

The Helicarrier incident can be written off or explained by the impact simply jarring back his righteous "Bob" persona (like getting woken up from a nightmare) temporarily and his "Bob" persona lowering his defenses and asking to be killed before the Void persona could take over.

I dunno, at least that's how I read the arc...

How can it be explained that way? When Bob appeared he didn't even know where he was or what he did. If he came back because he felt guilty he would have said so. You're really reaching...adding in an explanation that appears nowhere in the comic. It was clear to me that the physical force of the hellicarrier is what turned him back into Bob.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by carver9

No it's not.

iceman24567
It's debatable if Prime is stronger than WWH. WWH? Not really. WBH sure why not

Estacado
Lulz.....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>