Final Destination Vol.4 Link X Sora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
Link is equipped with nothing but a standard shield, a broad sword, and basic arrows. Choose any Link from any ZELDA GAME.

Sora has a standard Katana and that's about it.

No magic, items, or any other weapons not mentioned in the OP. As usual, both combatants are completely naked.

The battle takes place in Tokyo at the Nippon Budokan.

ScreamPaste
Link roflstomps, Sora's power comes from the Keyblade. haermm

BloodRain
Yeah the Keyblade's a major stat boost for Sora, he's only peak human(?) without it, just like how low/mid Link's are.

He may stand a chance against these physically lower tier Link's.

MooCowofJustice
What you give him arrows for without a bow?

RE: Blaxican
Link destroys.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
What you give him arrows for without a bow?

He must throw them with his hands. *snicker*

No seriously, he has a bow, though. But just to be clear, you know the Green Arrow uses a bow to fire his arrows with out actully being called The Green Arrow, right?

TheAuraAngel
So....

You're taking a hero who gets most of his powers and such from weapons, giving him his weapons, not all but the basic 3, and letting him go nuts.

And you're taking another character who gets roughly 90% of his power from his 1 weapon, taking that weapon away, stripping him naked (a clothed Sora would in fact win), and taking away the other 10% of his power by getting rid of his magic.

Yeah....fair. Link in a lolstomp.

ALSO: Considering that both of these boys are underage, I expect we will all be thrown in prison shortly for imagining this.

2nd Edit: Then again...Sora isn't exactly unimpressive without the keyblade...

IFVEGidmsfc

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
No seriously, he has a bow, though. But just to be clear, you know the Green Arrow uses a bow to fire his arrows with out actully being called The Green Arrow, right?

Yeah, I know that.

What I don't know is how that would prove that I think you want it to prove.

Frisky Dingo
Wait, they both are stripped naked with basic weapons, not even the weapons they have in the game. Just regular realworld stuff.

TheAuraAngel
Yes, and Link fights with weapons basically identical to real world weapons, magic and such aside. Sora fights with a giant magical key. Who is more out of their element?

Link likely wins, though depends on the Link I guess. TP would be the best but I prefer this Link.

http://youchew.net/wiki/images/thumb/1/1c/Linkspin.GIF/180px-Linkspin.GIF

MooCowofJustice
All of that "Sora is great with a sword" crap just flew right out the window, huh?

TheAuraAngel
When faced with an opponent who can shoot an arrow into Sora's penis from half a stadium away, swordplay will not be a factor.

MooCowofJustice
Don't change the subject. You were just bitching about it being a mismatch because Sora fights with a giant key. Which would be you admitting Sora isn't good with a sword after all.

BloodRain
Though he was saying how the Key gives him '90% of his power', not his skill with it.

TheAuraAngel
It's more a mismatch because Sora outright depends on said magical key. Without it, he at a horrendously unfair disadvantage.

Sora's fighting style without the keyblade is generally the same, just here he is lacking the strength, speed, and magic to really win. Though could make the argument that he is still decently fast enough.

But Link does win this fight. Bow and arrow>katana.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Yes, and Link fights with weapons basically identical to real world weapons, magic and such aside. Sora fights with a giant magical key. Who is more out of their element?

TheAuraAngel
Key word there: "Magical".

Give someone a magic sword that enhances their normal fighting capabilities. Now take it away and give them a normal sword. It is going to nerf them because it takes away the bonuses of the magic weapon.

BloodRain
Plus Link's the only one with some kind of defense.

MooCowofJustice
Magic has nothing to do with it. You asked who was more out of their element, all but precisely stating that there is a difference between Sora's keyblade and a sword. Which means that Sora is not good with a sword.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Magic has nothing to do with it. You asked who was more out of their element, all but precisely stating that there is a difference between Sora's keyblade and a sword. Which means that Sora is not good with a sword.

If I actually have to explain all the things that make the keyblade different from a sword in real life, then I'll just post images.

http://www.wsbstudio.net/jstore/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/k/i/kingdom-hearts-master-arms-die-cast-keyblade.jpg

http://life.halcode.com/wp-content/images/katana.jpg

Not that it matters. Several times the Keyblade is called a blade or sword from several sword wielding characters, so it's not that the keyblade is not a sword. Just not like one in real life. And especially not like a katana. And considering Sora is good with the keyblade, Sora would be good with a certain kind of sword. Katana not being one of them.

MooCowofJustice
I was unaware that a baseball bat is a certain kind of sword.

That said, I can't even imagine what you'd call it. Batsword? Batblade? Both of which sound like Batman weapons.

TheAuraAngel
Eh, me either. But in game guys say its a sword, so it's a sword I guess.

Frisky Dingo
Fact is, judging by how Sora fights with the Key Blade. If you had to exchange his key sword with a real life weapon, it would be a Katana.

TheAuraAngel
I would actually give him a sword that looks like this

http://images.wikia.com/kingdomhearts/images/d/d9/Dream_Sword.png

Since he has experience with swords like this.

MooCowofJustice
I would guess more along the lines of a Scimitar or some type of Curved Sword. But it could just be a regular one, I guess. I just thought that Katana's were primarily used with both hands, which Sora does only on occasion. But I don't really know, 'cause Katanas are lame.

Frisky Dingo
Then I guess he can wield a sword that looks like that for this thread.

I'm just saying, as much slashing and acrobatics as he does, a katana LOOKS like it would suit him well. Full double edged swords aren't as sharp and are a lot heavier.

ScreamPaste
You watch too much anime, or don't read enough books, or both. MYTHS ABOUND.

A katana is actually a fairly straight forward offensive weapon, acrobatics would get you killed with any sword, a Western sword is about the same weight as a katana of similar length, and just as capable of severing your arm.

MooCowofJustice
Well not all regular swords are double edged. I think it might have been more common for them to not be, actually.

BloodRain
Think one of those Deadliest Warriors guys said a Samurai fight with a katana only lasted a few seconds, not even time for a flip.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Think one of those Deadliest Warriors guys said a Samurai fight with a katana only lasted a few seconds, not even time for a flip. The katana also failed to do more than nick chainmail.

Demonic Phoenix
Then I guess he can wield a sword that looks like that for this thread.

I'm just saying, as much slashing and acrobatics as he does, a katana LOOKS like it would suit him well. Full double edged swords aren't as sharp and are a lot heavier.

Because Samurai were also known for swinging katana somewhat like baseball bats, and jumping around like bunnies?

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
You watch too much anime, or don't read enough books, or both. MYTHS ABOUND.

A katana is actually a fairly straight forward offensive weapon, acrobatics would get you killed with any sword, a Western sword is about the same weight as a katana of similar length, and just as capable of severing your arm.

You must not be into reading very accurate books or have never held a sword in your life, becuase if you did, you would know that katanas are much lighter than most swords of the same length and are some of the sharpest swords on the planet. I happen to collect blades of war.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Because Samurai were also known for swinging katana somewhat like baseball bats, and jumping around like bunnies?
Time to wake up and drink a cup of common sense.

I mean seriously, what person fights with any sword like a damn video game character? The point was, Sora's Key sword is sharp and he's very light on his feet. A standard katana is light and sharp.

I never insinauted that Sora fights like a samurai. This isn't rocket science, people.

MooCowofJustice
He researched that to defeat Katana weaboos. That's the whole reason he did it. He isn't wrong.

NemeBro
Originally posted by BloodRain
Think one of those Deadliest Warriors guys said a Samurai fight with a katana only lasted a few seconds, not even time for a flip. That's because IRL almost all sword fights last that long.

You must not be into reading very accurate books or have never held a sword in your life, becuase if you did, you would know that katanas are much lighter than most swords of the same length and are some of the sharpest swords on the planet. Most swords of the same length?

Arming swords are longer than Katanas. They weigh about a pound less.

As for the "sharpest swords on the planet," wrong. Fairytale bullshit.

TheAuraAngel
Time to wake up and drink a cup of common sense.

The point was, Sora's Key sword is sharp and he's very light on his feet. A standard katana is light and sharp.

I never insinauted that Sora fights like a samurai. This isn't rocket science, people.

Might wanna save some for yourself. wink

Sora is light on his feet. That doesn't in anyway indicate that his sword is light however. In fact, having seen and held metal replica keyblades, those bastard are heavier than most swords I've ever held. So if anything, Sora would be better off with a heavy sword, though he does use relatively light weapons on occasion to the same degree so it really doesn't matter.

You're giving him a samurai sword so...kinda sorta.

NemeBro
I was under the impression the Keyblade did not actually weigh Sora's lame self down.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by NemeBro
That's because IRL almost all sword fights last that long.

Most swords of the same length?

Arming swords are longer than Katanas. They weigh about a pound less.

As for the "sharpest swords on the planet," wrong. Fairytale bullshit.
laughing The specs for standard great swords and a katanas are around the same, so no. And katana are sharper. smile

I said ONE of the sharpest SWORDS on the planet. What the hell is wrong with you people, seriously?!

BloodRain
How long would two full armoured knights take?

Just for some relevence to the thread, it should be Links Sword&Shield vs duel weilding Sora or both having one sword to be fair.

ScreamPaste
History books > Manga. 131

I doubt you've held a sword you didn't get at a flea market with dragons etched into the stainless steel blade. Which was formed in a mold, complete with a visible seam...

Katana's are actually heavy for their length due to the thickness of the blade that's required due to a combination of the hardened edge/soft backing and poor quality iron deposits in Japan requiring sturdier construction for a cutting tool.

As Nemebro pointed out, Arming swords, short, single handed secondary weapons, are lighter and longer than katanas.

The cutting power of a blade depends on a lot of things, as well. Like the bevel, for example. A fine bevel will cut through soft material easier but deform and quickly dull on anything more solid. Like armour.

I happen to be a history nerd.

NemeBro
laughing The specs for standard great swords and a katanas are around the same, so no. And katana are sharper. smile

I said ONE of the sharpest SWORDS on the planet. What the hell is wrong with you people, seriously?! I am sorry, why are you comparing a great sword and a katana? Since greatswords (Such as a Zweihander for example) are heavier, yeah, but also much longer. Your comparison is horrible, and no. Zweihanders can **** up chainmail. Something a katana cannot do.

No you said some of. I disputed that claim.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Might wanna save some for yourself. wink

Sora is light on his feet. That doesn't in anyway indicate that his sword is light however. In fact, having seen and held metal replica keyblades, those bastard are heavier than most swords I've ever held. So if anything, Sora would be better off with a heavy sword, though he does use relatively light weapons on occasion to the same degree so it really doesn't matter.

You're giving him a samurai sword so...kinda sorta.

OMG, pleez people GET A GRIP! This isn't that serious. You are reading far too much into this. He is quick, I gave him a sword that represents that. This all.

Also, my neighbor has a Key Blade and I've held it before. Is the real Key Blade made of steel?

NemeBro
It's made of MAGIC.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
History books > Manga. 131

I doubt you've held a sword you didn't get at a flea market with dragons etched into the stainless steel blade. Which was formed in a mold, complete with a visible seam...

Katana's are actually heavy for their length due to the thickness of the blade that's required due to a combination of the hardened edge/soft backing and poor quality iron deposits in Japan requiring sturdier construction for a cutting tool.

As Nemebro pointed out, Arming swords, short, single handed secondary weapons, are lighter and longer than katanas.

The cutting power of a blade depends on a lot of things, as well. Like the bevel, for example. A fine bevel will cut through soft material easier but deform and quickly dull on anything more solid. Like armour.

I happen to be a history nerd.

Okay?

Right. What flea market sells blades? I've heard of pawns shops but never a flea market. Is that where you go? More power to you.

Yes yes and after all that, a basic fighting Katana is only 3 lbs at the most. Soooooo.....

He is wrong and so are you.

Aware of that.
Originally posted by NemeBro
I am sorry, why are you comparing a great sword and a katana? Since greatswords (Such as a Zweihander for example) are heavier, yeah, but also much longer. Your comparison is horrible, and no. Zweihanders can **** up chainmail. Something a katana cannot do.

No you said some of. I disputed that claim.

It was a typo. I copy and pasted "great" on accident.

Some of one of, same thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.